• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Craziest hand in bj.

    Mark_The_Narc
    nature1970
    TheGoldenGoose
    searchwarrant
    VanDutch
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2044
    Posts: 25
     
    Mark_The_Narc
    Mark_The_Narc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 1987
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2017 - 7:34 PM ET #1

    Had this hand dealt to me at Dover downs today. That's right dealer had 5 aces and busted out. It was a 8 deck shoe. The pitcher bosses and players on other tables all came over to take a look. The boss said working 36 years he'd never seen anything like it. I've been playing 25 years for about 10 hours a week average and never seen anything like it. They let me take a pic of it too which was pretty cool. But I know everybody there pretty well so maybe that's why they let me. 

    Anybody got any crazy stories like this lay it on me. Love stuff like this.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Had this hand dealt to me at Dover downs today. That's right dealer had 5 aces and busted out. It was a 8 deck shoe. The pitcher bosses and players on other tables all came over to take a look. The boss said working 36 years he'd never seen anything like it. I've been playing 25 years for about 10 hours a week average and never seen anything like it. They let me take a pic of it too which was pretty cool. But I know everybody there pretty well so maybe that's why they let me. 

    Anybody got any crazy stories like this lay it on me. Love stuff like this.
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2017 - 8:15 PM ET #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

    Had this hand dealt to me at Dover downs today. That's right dealer had 5 aces and busted out. It was a 8 deck shoe. The pitcher bosses and players on other tables all came over to take a look. The boss said working 36 years he'd never seen anything like it. I've been playing 25 years for about 10 hours a week average and never seen anything like it. They let me take a pic of it too which was pretty cool. But I know everybody there pretty well so maybe that's why they let me. 

    Anybody got any crazy stories like this lay it on me. Love stuff like this.
    went to dover downs a couple of times and i liked the place, i go that way to avoid dc when I wish to visit Norfolk.VA. The tunnel across the bay is amazing ride after dark seems like a place in a starwars movie...lol
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

    Had this hand dealt to me at Dover downs today. That's right dealer had 5 aces and busted out. It was a 8 deck shoe. The pitcher bosses and players on other tables all came over to take a look. The boss said working 36 years he'd never seen anything like it. I've been playing 25 years for about 10 hours a week average and never seen anything like it. They let me take a pic of it too which was pretty cool. But I know everybody there pretty well so maybe that's why they let me. 

    Anybody got any crazy stories like this lay it on me. Love stuff like this.
    went to dover downs a couple of times and i liked the place, i go that way to avoid dc when I wish to visit Norfolk.VA. The tunnel across the bay is amazing ride after dark seems like a place in a starwars movie...lol
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2017 - 8:27 PM ET #3

    Waste of Aces, but...

    BREAK IT YOU FUKK 

    and pay everybody. 
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Waste of Aces, but...

    BREAK IT YOU FUKK 

    and pay everybody. 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2017 - 10:05 PM ET #4

    wow, wow.
    Reply
    wow, wow.
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2017 - 10:31 PM ET #5

    Craziest hand or  bj ?....oh ,'in'.


    Reply
    Craziest hand or  bj ?....oh ,'in'.


     
    LarryWayne10
    LarryWayne10
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2009
    Posts: 2927
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2017 - 12:23 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:

    Craziest hand or  bj ?....oh ,'in'.

    Yeah I thought this thread was going to be about hand jobs vs. blow jobs. 5 aces that crazy!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:

    Craziest hand or  bj ?....oh ,'in'.

    Yeah I thought this thread was going to be about hand jobs vs. blow jobs. 5 aces that crazy!
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2017 - 5:33 AM ET #7

    Reply
     
    Mark_The_Narc
    Mark_The_Narc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 1987
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2017 - 9:32 AM ET #8

    My goodness said 5 aces. Sorry it was 6. I calculated it to 1 in 4 826 809. If someone is better in math than me maybe u can tell me real odds. 
    Reply
    My goodness said 5 aces. Sorry it was 6. I calculated it to 1 in 4 826 809. If someone is better in math than me maybe u can tell me real odds. 
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2017 - 9:43 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWayne10:


    Yeah I thought this thread was going to be about hand jobs vs. blow jobs. 5 aces that crazy!


    If she doesn't need to use a hand in the bj, that's a keeper.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWayne10:


    Yeah I thought this thread was going to be about hand jobs vs. blow jobs. 5 aces that crazy!


    If she doesn't need to use a hand in the bj, that's a keeper.....
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2017 - 5:54 PM ET #10

    I got dealt 5 consecutive 7s in Reno at Circus Circus waiting for a train back to Cali. 

    Pit Boss came over to look, just cause.

    Didn't bust a one, and the dealer did. Made sure that was my last hand there due to time constraints.....................nice

    Double deck, btw, the only way I play..................
    Reply
    I got dealt 5 consecutive 7s in Reno at Circus Circus waiting for a train back to Cali. 

    Pit Boss came over to look, just cause.

    Didn't bust a one, and the dealer did. Made sure that was my last hand there due to time constraints.....................nice

    Double deck, btw, the only way I play..................
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2017 - 6:05 PM ET #11

    wild stories. so double deck is the the best route? 
    Reply
    wild stories. so double deck is the the best route? 
     
    Johnzimbo34
    Johnzimbo34
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 1299
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2017 - 6:07 PM ET #12

    Player at my table years ago split sevens, got another seven and split it, got another and split it, got another and the pit boss said "can't split, can only play 4 hands max". He said he had seen that a few times, I didn't believe him.
    Reply
    Player at my table years ago split sevens, got another seven and split it, got another and split it, got another and the pit boss said "can't split, can only play 4 hands max". He said he had seen that a few times, I didn't believe him.
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2017 - 7:21 PM ET #13

    I believe DD is the way to go for only one reason:

    At least one deck will be dealt. After that, if you're counting, you should have an advantage.................
    Reply
    I believe DD is the way to go for only one reason:

    At least one deck will be dealt. After that, if you're counting, you should have an advantage.................
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2017 - 9:29 PM ET #14

    If I was in on that hand dealer would have pulled a 4 or 5..Boy I would have loved to see the cards dealt after that hand.

    Was that a hand shuffle or auto?

    Reply

    If I was in on that hand dealer would have pulled a 4 or 5..Boy I would have loved to see the cards dealt after that hand.

    Was that a hand shuffle or auto?

     
    Mark_The_Narc
    Mark_The_Narc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 1987
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2017 - 6:24 AM ET #15

    It was with a automated shuffler. But not a continuous shuffler. 

    DD has just a few continous shufflers thankfully. They are everywhere else now unfortunately. Sad to see whats happened to the game.

    6/5, surrender gone, hitting soft 17 just infuriating. AC lost my business probably 15-20 years ago when they started with taking surrender out. Writing was on the wall then to me. 
    Reply
    It was with a automated shuffler. But not a continuous shuffler. 

    DD has just a few continous shufflers thankfully. They are everywhere else now unfortunately. Sad to see whats happened to the game.

    6/5, surrender gone, hitting soft 17 just infuriating. AC lost my business probably 15-20 years ago when they started with taking surrender out. Writing was on the wall then to me. 
     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2017 - 7:26 AM ET #16

    Where I gamble, it is tough to find a regular blackjack table, even one with 8 decks.  There are different variants of blackjack and other games, but 1 or 2 regular blackjack tables.  You know the odds on any "exotic" table game is way worse than a regular blackjack game...
    Reply
    Where I gamble, it is tough to find a regular blackjack table, even one with 8 decks.  There are different variants of blackjack and other games, but 1 or 2 regular blackjack tables.  You know the odds on any "exotic" table game is way worse than a regular blackjack game...
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2017 - 1:48 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

    Had this hand dealt to me at Dover downs today. That's right dealer had 5 aces and busted out. It was a 8 deck shoe. The pitcher bosses and players on other tables all came over to take a look. The boss said working 36 years he'd never seen anything like it. I've been playing 25 years for about 10 hours a week average and never seen anything like it. They let me take a pic of it too which was pretty cool. But I know everybody there pretty well so maybe that's why they let me. 

    Anybody got any crazy stories like this lay it on me. Love stuff like this.


    25 years - 10 hours a week.


    Do you think you are up or down?

    Do you card count?

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

    Had this hand dealt to me at Dover downs today. That's right dealer had 5 aces and busted out. It was a 8 deck shoe. The pitcher bosses and players on other tables all came over to take a look. The boss said working 36 years he'd never seen anything like it. I've been playing 25 years for about 10 hours a week average and never seen anything like it. They let me take a pic of it too which was pretty cool. But I know everybody there pretty well so maybe that's why they let me. 

    Anybody got any crazy stories like this lay it on me. Love stuff like this.


    25 years - 10 hours a week.


    Do you think you are up or down?

    Do you card count?

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2017 - 1:51 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnzimbo34:

    Player at my table years ago split sevens, got another seven and split it, got another and split it, got another and the pit boss said "can't split, can only play 4 hands max". He said he had seen that a few times, I didn't believe him.


    BULLSHI*!

    That is not a rule or listed anywhere per the signage!

    This is a great poker hand speaking of the same cards coming out of the deck:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwl9eWp8ys

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnzimbo34:

    Player at my table years ago split sevens, got another seven and split it, got another and split it, got another and the pit boss said "can't split, can only play 4 hands max". He said he had seen that a few times, I didn't believe him.


    BULLSHI*!

    That is not a rule or listed anywhere per the signage!

    This is a great poker hand speaking of the same cards coming out of the deck:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwl9eWp8ys

     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2017 - 1:45 AM ET #19

    I once put up 600 bucks on a hand of blackjack.  I was on a bit of a roll so I was pressing.  I was playing first base.  Got 2 aces.  So I split them and guess what the next 2 cards were?  Aces.  So I spit them again.  So I had 2400 on the table.  Not a lot of 10's were out so I thought I was in great shape.  My hands I ended up  getting were horrible. The best of the 4 hands was 17.  I forgot what the dealer had but she had a 6 or less so she had to draw and ended up beating all my hands.  That was a killer.  I still ended up winning that night though.  Tough to overcome a mind fukk like that.   
    Reply
    I once put up 600 bucks on a hand of blackjack.  I was on a bit of a roll so I was pressing.  I was playing first base.  Got 2 aces.  So I split them and guess what the next 2 cards were?  Aces.  So I spit them again.  So I had 2400 on the table.  Not a lot of 10's were out so I thought I was in great shape.  My hands I ended up  getting were horrible. The best of the 4 hands was 17.  I forgot what the dealer had but she had a 6 or less so she had to draw and ended up beating all my hands.  That was a killer.  I still ended up winning that night though.  Tough to overcome a mind fukk like that.   
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2017 - 1:48 AM ET #20

    I also have the worst luck with splitting 8's.  I think I win 10% of the time when I split 8's.  So many times I've got killed.  With splitting them then doubling down.  Whenever I get 2 8's I either hit or stay.  Everyone at the table yells at me to split but I don't care.  I will never do it again.  
    Reply
    I also have the worst luck with splitting 8's.  I think I win 10% of the time when I split 8's.  So many times I've got killed.  With splitting them then doubling down.  Whenever I get 2 8's I either hit or stay.  Everyone at the table yells at me to split but I don't care.  I will never do it again.  
     
    Mark_The_Narc
    Mark_The_Narc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 1987
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2017 - 3:40 PM ET #21

    Unfortunately, johnzimbo is right. Most casinos limit you to splitting aces only 2 times and other cards 3 times.There are few out there letting you split 4 but that is rare or a mistake to do it on the dealers part. 

    Scal- counting comps such as cruises, food, jewelry, and countless other less significant things I'm up money or darn near close. Its probably within the last 10-15 years that I've gained the gambling maturity and discipline to make that happen.  

    I do count. Just a basic hi-low count with side count of aces. I'm no rain man by any means. But that gets me through and short of a few really good counters I've met over the years, there is no one I'd would rather follow than myself. 

    Jeff- Please for the love God. Split your 8's. Sure there's plenty of times you lose both hands.  But in the grand scheme of things it pays off. The split 8's that get 3's followed by face that you double are beauties that make you recognize it should be done. Let the math work for you.


    Reply
    Unfortunately, johnzimbo is right. Most casinos limit you to splitting aces only 2 times and other cards 3 times.There are few out there letting you split 4 but that is rare or a mistake to do it on the dealers part. 

    Scal- counting comps such as cruises, food, jewelry, and countless other less significant things I'm up money or darn near close. Its probably within the last 10-15 years that I've gained the gambling maturity and discipline to make that happen.  

    I do count. Just a basic hi-low count with side count of aces. I'm no rain man by any means. But that gets me through and short of a few really good counters I've met over the years, there is no one I'd would rather follow than myself. 

    Jeff- Please for the love God. Split your 8's. Sure there's plenty of times you lose both hands.  But in the grand scheme of things it pays off. The split 8's that get 3's followed by face that you double are beauties that make you recognize it should be done. Let the math work for you.


     
    Greg267
    Greg267
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2017 - 6:26 PM ET #22

    That is epic
    Reply
    That is epic
     
    Greg267
    Greg267
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2017 - 6:30 PM ET #23

    Was it a full table? Could you imagine a pit boss's reaction if five players in a row got dealt a black ace to start. 
    Reply
    Was it a full table? Could you imagine a pit boss's reaction if five players in a row got dealt a black ace to start. 
     
    killer69er
    killer69er
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2017 - 7:05 PM ET #24

    Pocket Aces 3 hands in a row in a home can with 3 different dealers 
    Reply
    Pocket Aces 3 hands in a row in a home can with 3 different dealers 
     
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2017 - 7:14 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    I also have the worst luck with splitting 8's.  I think I win 10% of the time when I split 8's.  So many times I've got killed.  With splitting them then doubling down.  Whenever I get 2 8's I either hit or stay.  Everyone at the table yells at me to split but I don't care.  I will never do it again.  


    The ONLY time I will SURRENDER my hand is my two 8's against a Dealer's 10.  Any other scenario and I am splitting (and doubling) as a defensive move.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    I also have the worst luck with splitting 8's.  I think I win 10% of the time when I split 8's.  So many times I've got killed.  With splitting them then doubling down.  Whenever I get 2 8's I either hit or stay.  Everyone at the table yells at me to split but I don't care.  I will never do it again.  


    The ONLY time I will SURRENDER my hand is my two 8's against a Dealer's 10.  Any other scenario and I am splitting (and doubling) as a defensive move.
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,090
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,754
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,833
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 360
    • MLB Playoffs 17,044
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,946
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,586
    • PART DEUX 140
    • Trump's legacy? 33,966
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 447

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.