• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    COVID-19 Experience

    ShortAsssSam
    StumpTownStu
    haymo
    Midnight1
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 175
    Posts: 9
     
    ShortAsssSam
    ShortAsssSam
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2016
    Posts: 1053
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2023 - 7:10 PM ET #1

    Just posting this here from my experiences with COVID and not to drum up any for or against arguments about COVID-19, vaccines etc., just my personal experience, hoping to maybe help someone get an edge based on my personal experience.

    March 2021 I was in ICU with COVID Pneumonia and before going into ICU Dr’s words “you’re deteriorating rapidly”, I was facing death, fast forward to last night Dec 20, again, I’ve caught COVID, where ?? as my being in crowds is almost nil, last time at grocery store, no mask on Dec 11, and reason of being in crowds is low is because of COVID Pneumonia I went from a healthy older athletic guy to now having to carry a 11.7 pound oxygen tank with me anytime I go out and needing 6 litres of oxygen I only get an hour and a half from that tank.

    Last night I ended up in emergency again. From 2021 my chart shows Covid Fibrosis & reason of this message is my lung X-RAYS from last night there’s been no change in my lungs, which is really good and I truly believe the reason of that is because of what I’ve done with my own research and reason for this post, not for sympathy of any sort.

    I take supplements, always have, always will and since coming out of hospital end of April 2021 I started my research probably 4-6 months later and started taking NAC (Healthy Lungs by CanPrev). Summer of 2022 my lung specialist told me “I want you to start taking NAC, it’s very good etc.” Told her I’m already taking it and was going to show you a picture of what I take on my last time here but forgot, can I have few seconds to try to find it” I showed her “excellent, you keep taking that”. Breathing tests I had and puffers they tried showed no positives to them so other than being on Prednisone for 10 days once I got home I’ve had no prescribed med’s for Specialist for this no cure disease but it is what it is, it’s life’s dealing, play or fold, I’m playing.

    Further research led me to taking Serrapeptase and Nattokinase. I take both everyday on empty stomach, never miss and depending on what time I eat anything, including my last buttertart, I’ll take Nattokinase again and only because of some positive reviews during my research from those that take it saying how the added capsule helps them.

    My last visit with lung specialist she was “I’m so happy for you, your breathing tests came back same as last time, no negatives so that’s really good. Are you still taking NAC” I then told her and showed her pictures of what else I added, Serrapeptase and Nattokinase and she said “whatever you’re doing keep doing because you’re doing great, keep it up” She even took down the names.

    In that conversation I showed her the steps I was taking everyday, at least 11,000 up to 15,000 (5-7 miles or 8-10 km) out with the dog but I can’t do it straight walking, and from test timing myself then taking my oxygen reading I’ve settled in to 1 minute walk, 2 minute rest but depending on how short of breath I am I’ll split the timer to 1:30 each. Walking the forest path it’s not all level, elevated parts so the 1-2 with adjusted time along our walk works perfect.  We doing it over 2, sometimes 3 walks in the forest paths to get my miles/km in as I have 4 portable oxygen tanks at home that I keep refilling. Plus my old reliable timer has a round counter on it so I always know how much time I have left without having to pull out phone stopwatch timer. I just hook it up to oxygen hose and look down, all I need is the big letters looking at me as well as the timer bells go off with set times which is great but being able to just look down to see my walking time left and what's in front of me as far as ground elevation I can decide whether to go for it or rest up and hit the higher elevation after resting. 10 rounds showing on time at the 1-2 minutes equals 10 rounds 30 minutes oxygen used. 

     

     

    Cap, confirm, then try to get out enjoy life, time waits for no one.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Just posting this here from my experiences with COVID and not to drum up any for or against arguments about COVID-19, vaccines etc., just my personal experience, hoping to maybe help someone get an edge based on my personal experience.

    March 2021 I was in ICU with COVID Pneumonia and before going into ICU Dr’s words “you’re deteriorating rapidly”, I was facing death, fast forward to last night Dec 20, again, I’ve caught COVID, where ?? as my being in crowds is almost nil, last time at grocery store, no mask on Dec 11, and reason of being in crowds is low is because of COVID Pneumonia I went from a healthy older athletic guy to now having to carry a 11.7 pound oxygen tank with me anytime I go out and needing 6 litres of oxygen I only get an hour and a half from that tank.

    Last night I ended up in emergency again. From 2021 my chart shows Covid Fibrosis & reason of this message is my lung X-RAYS from last night there’s been no change in my lungs, which is really good and I truly believe the reason of that is because of what I’ve done with my own research and reason for this post, not for sympathy of any sort.

    I take supplements, always have, always will and since coming out of hospital end of April 2021 I started my research probably 4-6 months later and started taking NAC (Healthy Lungs by CanPrev). Summer of 2022 my lung specialist told me “I want you to start taking NAC, it’s very good etc.” Told her I’m already taking it and was going to show you a picture of what I take on my last time here but forgot, can I have few seconds to try to find it” I showed her “excellent, you keep taking that”. Breathing tests I had and puffers they tried showed no positives to them so other than being on Prednisone for 10 days once I got home I’ve had no prescribed med’s for Specialist for this no cure disease but it is what it is, it’s life’s dealing, play or fold, I’m playing.

    Further research led me to taking Serrapeptase and Nattokinase. I take both everyday on empty stomach, never miss and depending on what time I eat anything, including my last buttertart, I’ll take Nattokinase again and only because of some positive reviews during my research from those that take it saying how the added capsule helps them.

    My last visit with lung specialist she was “I’m so happy for you, your breathing tests came back same as last time, no negatives so that’s really good. Are you still taking NAC” I then told her and showed her pictures of what else I added, Serrapeptase and Nattokinase and she said “whatever you’re doing keep doing because you’re doing great, keep it up” She even took down the names.

    In that conversation I showed her the steps I was taking everyday, at least 11,000 up to 15,000 (5-7 miles or 8-10 km) out with the dog but I can’t do it straight walking, and from test timing myself then taking my oxygen reading I’ve settled in to 1 minute walk, 2 minute rest but depending on how short of breath I am I’ll split the timer to 1:30 each. Walking the forest path it’s not all level, elevated parts so the 1-2 with adjusted time along our walk works perfect.  We doing it over 2, sometimes 3 walks in the forest paths to get my miles/km in as I have 4 portable oxygen tanks at home that I keep refilling. Plus my old reliable timer has a round counter on it so I always know how much time I have left without having to pull out phone stopwatch timer. I just hook it up to oxygen hose and look down, all I need is the big letters looking at me as well as the timer bells go off with set times which is great but being able to just look down to see my walking time left and what's in front of me as far as ground elevation I can decide whether to go for it or rest up and hit the higher elevation after resting. 10 rounds showing on time at the 1-2 minutes equals 10 rounds 30 minutes oxygen used. 

     

     

     
    ShortAsssSam
    ShortAsssSam
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2016
    Posts: 1053
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2023 - 7:11 PM ET #2

    @ShortAsssSam

     

    Told my family that Specialist said I was doing great and to keep it up. I then added she probably said that because of how bad I was (Family Dr after reading report told me “You were in a very dark place, you were in life threating situation”) and she didn’t expect me to be where I was and her words as I was leaving were “I’m so happy for you, very happy because you were in a very concerning condition” were very sincere.

    Post with added experience is to make others aware of what some of your own research can show you. Not the cure all to every condition or everyone but for me I truly believe, 1000% that my research bringing me to trying and still using NAC, Serrapeptase and Nattokinase has added some more rounds to my life and not being a medical Dr, this is not medical advice, it’s just from my experience and putting it out there to maybe help someone else with lung issues.

    Best to all and to all that celebrate Christmas, have a good but safe one and a great healthy 2024

    Cheers

    Cap, confirm, then try to get out enjoy life, time waits for no one.
    Reply

    @ShortAsssSam

     

    Told my family that Specialist said I was doing great and to keep it up. I then added she probably said that because of how bad I was (Family Dr after reading report told me “You were in a very dark place, you were in life threating situation”) and she didn’t expect me to be where I was and her words as I was leaving were “I’m so happy for you, very happy because you were in a very concerning condition” were very sincere.

    Post with added experience is to make others aware of what some of your own research can show you. Not the cure all to every condition or everyone but for me I truly believe, 1000% that my research bringing me to trying and still using NAC, Serrapeptase and Nattokinase has added some more rounds to my life and not being a medical Dr, this is not medical advice, it’s just from my experience and putting it out there to maybe help someone else with lung issues.

    Best to all and to all that celebrate Christmas, have a good but safe one and a great healthy 2024

    Cheers

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2023 - 10:02 PM ET #3

    Cool story, bro. I am glad you are still with us. Merry Christmas.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Cool story, bro. I am glad you are still with us. Merry Christmas.

     
    ShortAsssSam
    ShortAsssSam
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2016
    Posts: 1053
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2023 - 10:50 PM ET #4

    @StumpTownStu

    Thanx, much appreciated. Life will definitely be shortened but I told my family Dr "as long as I can get another college football and hickey season in all is good" an_dance

    Merry Christmas to you and yours and all the very best in the New Year 

    Cheers an_cheers

    Cap, confirm, then try to get out enjoy life, time waits for no one.
    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

    Thanx, much appreciated. Life will definitely be shortened but I told my family Dr "as long as I can get another college football and hickey season in all is good" an_dance

    Merry Christmas to you and yours and all the very best in the New Year 

    Cheers an_cheers

     
    haymo
    haymo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 1826
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2023 - 12:32 AM ET #5

    Hey read your story, good luck and God bless!!!

    Reply

    Hey read your story, good luck and God bless!!!

     
    ShortAsssSam
    ShortAsssSam
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2016
    Posts: 1053
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2023 - 7:36 AM ET #6

    @haymo

     Thanx harmo, much appreciated and all the very best to you

    Cheers an_cheers

    Cap, confirm, then try to get out enjoy life, time waits for no one.
    Reply

    @haymo

     Thanx harmo, much appreciated and all the very best to you

    Cheers an_cheers

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2023 - 10:20 AM ET #7

    @ShortAsssSam

     Sam, you've been through so much during a scary scary time & came out on top. Wishes of good health & happiness for you in 24!

    thumbs_up

    Reply

    @ShortAsssSam

     Sam, you've been through so much during a scary scary time & came out on top. Wishes of good health & happiness for you in 24!

    thumbs_up

     
    ShortAsssSam
    ShortAsssSam
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2016
    Posts: 1053
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2023 - 1:54 PM ET #8

    @Midnight1

    Midnight1,yes it’s been a rough road but as I told Infectious Disease Specialist when he came in ICU to see me. “You’re only a loser if you quit when you’re behind, and I’m behind” Midnight I was very fortunate but not so for the majority of patients at that bad surge of COVID. When I was told of my condition, facing death I interrupted the Dr as he was saying “you need 16 litres of oxygen (meant nothing to me but knew it must be bad) then he said something about 21 litres then I interrupted him and said “Dr I’m not afraid to die, just give me a shot” meaning put me in coach, give me a chance. He squeezed my foot and shrugged his head to his shoulder “we’re trying but you’re not doing well” When Infectious Disease Specialist came in ICU-X probably week later (as ICU nurse told me they called it with reason why) he verified her words which meant they had this unit for people they figure had a chance of surviving. He told me the reason I was there was because I had no underlying health issues (I only take Thyroid pill and constant eye drops) plus he spoke to Dr Devo?? Meaning that Dr Devo?? probably told him of my words. He went on to say “if anyone with health issues were told what you were told and they couldn’t handle it, have an anxiety attack, hyperventilate we couldn’t turn them around. This virus strain is like a pinball machine and one can’t stop flipping and flapping the flippers.” Told me to keep it up and I’ll be out of there. Midnight I fought to stay alive. They wanted my numbers at 92 or higher and that was with 10-12 litres of high flow oxygen, a liquid method that delivers high flow oxygen for longer periods for those in distress, it’s a life saving intervention. I took me almost 5 hours to get my underwear off and new pair back on, beeper would keep going off, nurses have to gown up but I told the one nurse what I was doing and could they not voice me over the intercom because I didn’t want to take them away from others that needed medical attention. She said about getting someone to help me, “no I’m OK, I’m not going anywhere any time soon, if you can just pass the word of intercom for the time being” She did as well as they would knock on the inside double door and give a thumbs up or down and I would thumb up.

    My beeper was going off so many times and ICU-X nurse would have to gown/mask up and come in to check on me. Respiratory nurse wanted me to be like a rotisserie chicken and said abruptly, with authority “want you 15 minutes back, side, chest, side” I tried to do exactly what she said and no way could I do all 4 at the same time for 15 minutes, beeper was going off continuously. ICU-X nurse who I became close with told me that she will talk to her but in the meantime just try each 3 positions for x amounts of deep breathing then stop and on stomach face down keep deep breathing. I lived with my face in the pillow with high flow nasal prongs doing as many as deep breathing rounds as I could. That as well as meds, oxygen, great nurses/Dr's I finally got my oxygen levels down and enough so that they felt I was stable enough to make room for someone else (I was in 29 days) so needing 6 litres (which I’m still on but only out walking) they moved me to a standard room with 3 others. There was a really really bad surge,day. My 3 day nurse told me “the halls are lined with stretchers downstairs, we can’t take in anymore patients” The 3 guys that were in there when I got there were released and the 3 guys they brought in probably didn’t make it, no way. They were put in there waiting to get an ICU bed.

     

     

    Cap, confirm, then try to get out enjoy life, time waits for no one.
    Reply

    @Midnight1

    Midnight1,yes it’s been a rough road but as I told Infectious Disease Specialist when he came in ICU to see me. “You’re only a loser if you quit when you’re behind, and I’m behind” Midnight I was very fortunate but not so for the majority of patients at that bad surge of COVID. When I was told of my condition, facing death I interrupted the Dr as he was saying “you need 16 litres of oxygen (meant nothing to me but knew it must be bad) then he said something about 21 litres then I interrupted him and said “Dr I’m not afraid to die, just give me a shot” meaning put me in coach, give me a chance. He squeezed my foot and shrugged his head to his shoulder “we’re trying but you’re not doing well” When Infectious Disease Specialist came in ICU-X probably week later (as ICU nurse told me they called it with reason why) he verified her words which meant they had this unit for people they figure had a chance of surviving. He told me the reason I was there was because I had no underlying health issues (I only take Thyroid pill and constant eye drops) plus he spoke to Dr Devo?? Meaning that Dr Devo?? probably told him of my words. He went on to say “if anyone with health issues were told what you were told and they couldn’t handle it, have an anxiety attack, hyperventilate we couldn’t turn them around. This virus strain is like a pinball machine and one can’t stop flipping and flapping the flippers.” Told me to keep it up and I’ll be out of there. Midnight I fought to stay alive. They wanted my numbers at 92 or higher and that was with 10-12 litres of high flow oxygen, a liquid method that delivers high flow oxygen for longer periods for those in distress, it’s a life saving intervention. I took me almost 5 hours to get my underwear off and new pair back on, beeper would keep going off, nurses have to gown up but I told the one nurse what I was doing and could they not voice me over the intercom because I didn’t want to take them away from others that needed medical attention. She said about getting someone to help me, “no I’m OK, I’m not going anywhere any time soon, if you can just pass the word of intercom for the time being” She did as well as they would knock on the inside double door and give a thumbs up or down and I would thumb up.

    My beeper was going off so many times and ICU-X nurse would have to gown/mask up and come in to check on me. Respiratory nurse wanted me to be like a rotisserie chicken and said abruptly, with authority “want you 15 minutes back, side, chest, side” I tried to do exactly what she said and no way could I do all 4 at the same time for 15 minutes, beeper was going off continuously. ICU-X nurse who I became close with told me that she will talk to her but in the meantime just try each 3 positions for x amounts of deep breathing then stop and on stomach face down keep deep breathing. I lived with my face in the pillow with high flow nasal prongs doing as many as deep breathing rounds as I could. That as well as meds, oxygen, great nurses/Dr's I finally got my oxygen levels down and enough so that they felt I was stable enough to make room for someone else (I was in 29 days) so needing 6 litres (which I’m still on but only out walking) they moved me to a standard room with 3 others. There was a really really bad surge,day. My 3 day nurse told me “the halls are lined with stretchers downstairs, we can’t take in anymore patients” The 3 guys that were in there when I got there were released and the 3 guys they brought in probably didn’t make it, no way. They were put in there waiting to get an ICU bed.

     

     

     
     
    ShortAsssSam
    ShortAsssSam
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2016
    Posts: 1053
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2023 - 2:00 PM ET #9

    @Midnight1

    Poor guy moaning beside me, wow. They were asking him” do you know where you are, are you home, at work etc” and his phone was constantly ringing. I heard one nurse say “if you can hear me I’m calling your father” so I guess his phone display showed “dad” and she copied the number. She could have answered I guess but also she being professional probably didn’t want him possibly hearing her words of his condition to his father Those 3 guys probably never survived and been able to share their experience like I’m fortunate to be able to do.

    From January ? 2021 to April 29 2021 I know of 5 people who died from COVID-19. 4 of them personally, can call on the phone and another was a brother from the owner of a gym I was at. Midnight, everyone of them had health issues so that goes partly with what Infectious Disease Specialist told me about underlying health issues then the possible added anxiety.

    Before catching COVID Pneumonia I was out running about a week to week and a half after getting my regular every 6 month Specialist recommended Durolane knee injection to buy time from getting knee replacement, skipping rope, light weights etc when I moved to where I am now but before I moved to where I am now, 2018, I used to walk the floors to my condo everyday when I got home from work. I lived on the 25 floor and the 1 3 days I would walk the stairs to the 25. Started at the 3 because there was no unit floors and the 1 ??? stairs. So February 28 floors, March 31 then walk down to the 25. I would then take dog out for 45-1 hour walk, home, grab a bite, power snooze then head over to open gym for 3:30 and be there until 8 or so. I had to finally stop with the stairs as I had to have 3 big operations, complete left hip replacement with a gluteal maximus tear that they discovered during hip surgery, long healing process, 8 weeks with a walker, 4 months later right supposed shoulder replacement which was new words to me but my shoulder was so bad I can see why she said that. I couldn’t lift my arm, no work, no training, lots of off time. When Specialist asked what do I want from this, “be pain free and go back to the gym”, she said no and reason being is if I injured shoulder again they wouldn’t be any other choices so we went with the 50/50 option. 12 days later I got a call from eye specialist that I need surgery ASAP so I had that done, an implant which meant no lifting of anything over 5 pounds for a month. So they all cut into my working where I delivered mail on foot 48 years 9 months and I went fast in order to finish fast, so there was incentive and that alone kept me in shape and all the time off cut into being in shape and my reason for leaving that gym, retiring and moving where I am now, about 45 minutes away, less cement and tons of trees…I love the move and as long as I’m still above ground I’m not leaving here. It’s also my best chance of seeing an OWL, any kind of OWL and me having to stop and rest gives me a chance to explore every tree around me.

    Long story sorry, but I’m home on 3 day puffer with PAXLOVOID for 5 days and not going anywhere and looking forward to getting out in the woods with the dog and enjoy all the things I’ve/we all take for granted, so here we are.

    Thanx Midnight, much appreciated and all the very best to you in 2024

    Cheers peace_5

     

    Cap, confirm, then try to get out enjoy life, time waits for no one.
    Reply

    @Midnight1

    Poor guy moaning beside me, wow. They were asking him” do you know where you are, are you home, at work etc” and his phone was constantly ringing. I heard one nurse say “if you can hear me I’m calling your father” so I guess his phone display showed “dad” and she copied the number. She could have answered I guess but also she being professional probably didn’t want him possibly hearing her words of his condition to his father Those 3 guys probably never survived and been able to share their experience like I’m fortunate to be able to do.

    From January ? 2021 to April 29 2021 I know of 5 people who died from COVID-19. 4 of them personally, can call on the phone and another was a brother from the owner of a gym I was at. Midnight, everyone of them had health issues so that goes partly with what Infectious Disease Specialist told me about underlying health issues then the possible added anxiety.

    Before catching COVID Pneumonia I was out running about a week to week and a half after getting my regular every 6 month Specialist recommended Durolane knee injection to buy time from getting knee replacement, skipping rope, light weights etc when I moved to where I am now but before I moved to where I am now, 2018, I used to walk the floors to my condo everyday when I got home from work. I lived on the 25 floor and the 1 3 days I would walk the stairs to the 25. Started at the 3 because there was no unit floors and the 1 ??? stairs. So February 28 floors, March 31 then walk down to the 25. I would then take dog out for 45-1 hour walk, home, grab a bite, power snooze then head over to open gym for 3:30 and be there until 8 or so. I had to finally stop with the stairs as I had to have 3 big operations, complete left hip replacement with a gluteal maximus tear that they discovered during hip surgery, long healing process, 8 weeks with a walker, 4 months later right supposed shoulder replacement which was new words to me but my shoulder was so bad I can see why she said that. I couldn’t lift my arm, no work, no training, lots of off time. When Specialist asked what do I want from this, “be pain free and go back to the gym”, she said no and reason being is if I injured shoulder again they wouldn’t be any other choices so we went with the 50/50 option. 12 days later I got a call from eye specialist that I need surgery ASAP so I had that done, an implant which meant no lifting of anything over 5 pounds for a month. So they all cut into my working where I delivered mail on foot 48 years 9 months and I went fast in order to finish fast, so there was incentive and that alone kept me in shape and all the time off cut into being in shape and my reason for leaving that gym, retiring and moving where I am now, about 45 minutes away, less cement and tons of trees…I love the move and as long as I’m still above ground I’m not leaving here. It’s also my best chance of seeing an OWL, any kind of OWL and me having to stop and rest gives me a chance to explore every tree around me.

    Long story sorry, but I’m home on 3 day puffer with PAXLOVOID for 5 days and not going anywhere and looking forward to getting out in the woods with the dog and enjoy all the things I’ve/we all take for granted, so here we are.

    Thanx Midnight, much appreciated and all the very best to you in 2024

    Cheers peace_5

     

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,834
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 439
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,590
    • MLB Playoffs 16,470
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,120
    • PART DEUX 115
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,378
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,228
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.