• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Costco or Sam's club

    mr_bollox
    Getty3
    GimmeMoneyNow
    wallstreetcappers
    SteelCash
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 793
    Posts: 6
     
    mr_bollox
    mr_bollox
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 14400
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2015 - 10:20 AM ET #1

    I've had a costco membership for a few years but my buddies are now all going to Sams cos they say there are cheaper deals, I've always avoided sams cos its just a step up from walmart.

    anybody got any input on where they go
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I've had a costco membership for a few years but my buddies are now all going to Sams cos they say there are cheaper deals, I've always avoided sams cos its just a step up from walmart.

    anybody got any input on where they go
     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2015 - 11:39 AM ET #2

    In a price comparison on 30 identical items, Sams was about 1% less expensive on the total bill ($321 to $345 from Costco). However on big ticket items such as electronics and automotive, there was virtually zero difference. So, Sams may save you a few bucks over time, but they are still ranked lower by consumers because of inferior service. This article from Cheapism.com is for you :

    https://www.cheapism.com/sams-or-costco
    Reply
    In a price comparison on 30 identical items, Sams was about 1% less expensive on the total bill ($321 to $345 from Costco). However on big ticket items such as electronics and automotive, there was virtually zero difference. So, Sams may save you a few bucks over time, but they are still ranked lower by consumers because of inferior service. This article from Cheapism.com is for you :

    https://www.cheapism.com/sams-or-costco
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2015 - 12:14 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    In a price comparison on 30 identical items, Sams was about 1% less expensive on the total bill ($321 to $345 from Costco). However on big ticket items such as electronics and automotive, there was virtually zero difference. So, Sams may save you a few bucks over time, but they are still ranked lower by consumers because of inferior service. This article from Cheapism.com is for you :

    https://www.cheapism.com/sams-or-costco

    Pkus, on a side note, you can even close that 1% price gap by going to Costco hungry, and then making a meal out of all the free samples.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    In a price comparison on 30 identical items, Sams was about 1% less expensive on the total bill ($321 to $345 from Costco). However on big ticket items such as electronics and automotive, there was virtually zero difference. So, Sams may save you a few bucks over time, but they are still ranked lower by consumers because of inferior service. This article from Cheapism.com is for you :

    https://www.cheapism.com/sams-or-costco

    Pkus, on a side note, you can even close that 1% price gap by going to Costco hungry, and then making a meal out of all the free samples.....
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2015 - 12:51 PM ET #4

    Swap accts with your friends..

    I have both because I gave my freebie extra account to a friend, he gave me his extra Costco acct..

    So now I have both!

    I like Sams for some things, and Costco for others. Costco has a better selection of organic stuff, Sams seems to have some items I cannot find at Costco...


    Reply
    Swap accts with your friends..

    I have both because I gave my freebie extra account to a friend, he gave me his extra Costco acct..

    So now I have both!

    I like Sams for some things, and Costco for others. Costco has a better selection of organic stuff, Sams seems to have some items I cannot find at Costco...


     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2015 - 4:17 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    In a price comparison on 30 identical items, Sams was about 1% less expensive on the total bill ($321 to $345 from Costco). However on big ticket items such as electronics and automotive, there was virtually zero difference. So, Sams may save you a few bucks over time, but they are still ranked lower by consumers because of inferior service. This article from Cheapism.com is for you :

    https://www.cheapism.com/sams-or-costco

    Not trying to be an *ss, but that's about 7.5%.  That's significant.

    I love Sam's.  Never been to Costco.

    It's just my wife and I, and a Chihuahua, but I don't care what anybody says.  I save a lot of cash with Sam's.  If we entertained regularly, which we don't, the savings would be even bigger.

    I always pay attention to the price per ounce on the item, and I've seen many cases where Sam's is at least 50% less than the local grocery per ounce.  That's insane.

    Sam's also has their own brand of course on different food items and non food items, and I've never been disappointed.  They don't sell junk.

    I can't say I enjoy patronizing the Wal-Mart billionaires, but I could ban every establishment for a good reason.  Where does it end?



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    In a price comparison on 30 identical items, Sams was about 1% less expensive on the total bill ($321 to $345 from Costco). However on big ticket items such as electronics and automotive, there was virtually zero difference. So, Sams may save you a few bucks over time, but they are still ranked lower by consumers because of inferior service. This article from Cheapism.com is for you :

    https://www.cheapism.com/sams-or-costco

    Not trying to be an *ss, but that's about 7.5%.  That's significant.

    I love Sam's.  Never been to Costco.

    It's just my wife and I, and a Chihuahua, but I don't care what anybody says.  I save a lot of cash with Sam's.  If we entertained regularly, which we don't, the savings would be even bigger.

    I always pay attention to the price per ounce on the item, and I've seen many cases where Sam's is at least 50% less than the local grocery per ounce.  That's insane.

    Sam's also has their own brand of course on different food items and non food items, and I've never been disappointed.  They don't sell junk.

    I can't say I enjoy patronizing the Wal-Mart billionaires, but I could ban every establishment for a good reason.  Where does it end?



     
     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2015 - 6:42 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:


    Not trying to be an *ss, but that's about 7.5%.  That's significant.

    I love Sam's.  Never been to Costco.

    It's just my wife and I, and a Chihuahua, but I don't care what anybody says.  I save a lot of cash with Sam's.  If we entertained regularly, which we don't, the savings would be even bigger.

    I always pay attention to the price per ounce on the item, and I've seen many cases where Sam's is at least 50% less than the local grocery per ounce.  That's insane.

    Sam's also has their own brand of course on different food items and non food items, and I've never been disappointed.  They don't sell junk.

    I can't say I enjoy patronizing the Wal-Mart billionaires, but I could ban every establishment for a good reason.  Where does it end?




    OK, I see the discrepancy now. The 1% savings at Sams was based on the unit price, not the actual dollar value. Again, check the link in post #2. It explains it all. You weren't trying to be a butt, just doing some basic math which didn't add up. Good for you. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:


    Not trying to be an *ss, but that's about 7.5%.  That's significant.

    I love Sam's.  Never been to Costco.

    It's just my wife and I, and a Chihuahua, but I don't care what anybody says.  I save a lot of cash with Sam's.  If we entertained regularly, which we don't, the savings would be even bigger.

    I always pay attention to the price per ounce on the item, and I've seen many cases where Sam's is at least 50% less than the local grocery per ounce.  That's insane.

    Sam's also has their own brand of course on different food items and non food items, and I've never been disappointed.  They don't sell junk.

    I can't say I enjoy patronizing the Wal-Mart billionaires, but I could ban every establishment for a good reason.  Where does it end?




    OK, I see the discrepancy now. The 1% savings at Sams was based on the unit price, not the actual dollar value. Again, check the link in post #2. It explains it all. You weren't trying to be a butt, just doing some basic math which didn't add up. Good for you. 
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,901
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 437
    • PART DEUX 163
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 848
    • Week 6 Money 8,589
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,298
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,265

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.