So I live in Chicago. I pay 750 a month in condo assessments. I have lived here for 13 years and at first my monthly bill was around 375.. So I'm thinking what is the most it will go up? It will eventually reach a point that nobody will want to buy my condo. So I'm thinking of selling. Included in my fees are heat/AC, cable and internet, door man, maintenance guys, trash, water, window washing twice a year, heated garage, and a small gym. So the only other thing I have to pay for is electricity. Anyone else see a spike in condo assessments and thinking about getting out? My building supposedly had a lot of reserves and that is always the reason they give for the increases.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
So I live in Chicago. I pay 750 a month in condo assessments. I have lived here for 13 years and at first my monthly bill was around 375.. So I'm thinking what is the most it will go up? It will eventually reach a point that nobody will want to buy my condo. So I'm thinking of selling. Included in my fees are heat/AC, cable and internet, door man, maintenance guys, trash, water, window washing twice a year, heated garage, and a small gym. So the only other thing I have to pay for is electricity. Anyone else see a spike in condo assessments and thinking about getting out? My building supposedly had a lot of reserves and that is always the reason they give for the increases.
So I live in Chicago. I pay 750 a month in condo assessments. I have lived here for 13 years and at first my monthly bill was around 375.. So I'm thinking what is the most it will go up? It will eventually reach a point that nobody will want to buy my condo. So I'm thinking of selling. Included in my fees are heat/AC, cable and internet, door man, maintenance guys, trash, water, window washing twice a year, heated garage, and a small gym. So the only other thing I have to pay for is electricity. Anyone else see a spike in condo assessments and thinking about getting out? My building supposedly had a lot of reserves and that is always the reason they give for the increases.
You are referring to HOA Monthly Maintenance fee's? As the building/condo gets older...The repairs/replacements & upkeep increase. They send you the association upcoming budget explaining where the $$ is going. Also if your building has a lot of glass/water features etc..those things are money guzzlers
Mayweather bet 450000 on
Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:
So I live in Chicago. I pay 750 a month in condo assessments. I have lived here for 13 years and at first my monthly bill was around 375.. So I'm thinking what is the most it will go up? It will eventually reach a point that nobody will want to buy my condo. So I'm thinking of selling. Included in my fees are heat/AC, cable and internet, door man, maintenance guys, trash, water, window washing twice a year, heated garage, and a small gym. So the only other thing I have to pay for is electricity. Anyone else see a spike in condo assessments and thinking about getting out? My building supposedly had a lot of reserves and that is always the reason they give for the increases.
You are referring to HOA Monthly Maintenance fee's? As the building/condo gets older...The repairs/replacements & upkeep increase. They send you the association upcoming budget explaining where the $$ is going. Also if your building has a lot of glass/water features etc..those things are money guzzlers
AC/Heat - in a condo max will average no more than $100.
Cable and Internet- that's a difficult estimate without additional info like how many tvs, what package, what speed. Let's go with $200
Water and sewer - $100
Doorman - no clue?
Garage for parking - what's that worth in Chicago?
Never underestimate the cost of building and grounds upkeep
$400 plus the others. Adjust as you see fit.
1 problem with condos/townhouses are the foreclosure and people who don't pay the fees. Dependant upon that percentage in ur community it could significantly increase everyone's bill because the $$$ has to come from those who pay.
Let's add the monthly cost.
AC/Heat - in a condo max will average no more than $100.
Cable and Internet- that's a difficult estimate without additional info like how many tvs, what package, what speed. Let's go with $200
Water and sewer - $100
Doorman - no clue?
Garage for parking - what's that worth in Chicago?
Never underestimate the cost of building and grounds upkeep
$400 plus the others. Adjust as you see fit.
1 problem with condos/townhouses are the foreclosure and people who don't pay the fees. Dependant upon that percentage in ur community it could significantly increase everyone's bill because the $$$ has to come from those who pay.
Jeff I'm over in River West, pay a mere $275 for monthly assessment, been here since early 2000's. Includes nothing more than landscaping, window washing, sewer/garbage and general maintenance duties around the building. My parking spot is a deeded spot that sells for around $30k, but I see some people rent them out for around $200 a month. My ComEd is around $60 a month and my gas is around $30. Comcast runs $225 a month. A gym membership would run ya around $65 a month on average. Can't speak on behalf of the costs of a doorman, but I figure around $100 a month? Personally I looked for a condo that didn't have a doorman. I think they are a waste of money and are more of a nuisance trying to make small talk and know way too much about eveyone in the building.
After adding all that up though, $750 might be a fair market value for all those services.
Jeff I'm over in River West, pay a mere $275 for monthly assessment, been here since early 2000's. Includes nothing more than landscaping, window washing, sewer/garbage and general maintenance duties around the building. My parking spot is a deeded spot that sells for around $30k, but I see some people rent them out for around $200 a month. My ComEd is around $60 a month and my gas is around $30. Comcast runs $225 a month. A gym membership would run ya around $65 a month on average. Can't speak on behalf of the costs of a doorman, but I figure around $100 a month? Personally I looked for a condo that didn't have a doorman. I think they are a waste of money and are more of a nuisance trying to make small talk and know way too much about eveyone in the building.
After adding all that up though, $750 might be a fair market value for all those services.
Yeah I guess you are right gfinger. I live in River North in the old Montgomery Ward''s building that is on the river. I like it here a lot but I'm just concerned about the future. Not too many people will buy a 1 bedroom condo with 1k assessments. It will take a few years to reach that mark. But I'm hoping the rate of increases slows.
Yeah I guess you are right gfinger. I live in River North in the old Montgomery Ward''s building that is on the river. I like it here a lot but I'm just concerned about the future. Not too many people will buy a 1 bedroom condo with 1k assessments. It will take a few years to reach that mark. But I'm hoping the rate of increases slows.