• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    catholic priests are ending up gone.

    nature1970
    The Hawk
    Slobbasaurus
    GimmeMoneyNow
    searchwarrant
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2295
    Posts: 25
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 9:30 AM ET #1

    https://cruxnow.com/global-church/2017/06/28/mystery-surrounds-death-priest-went-missing-uk/

    https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/news/crime_police/article_c6795e40-23ab-11e7-b870-378a166b7688.html

    https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/missing-florida-priest-found-dead-hundreds-miles-article-1.2606452

    and latest one Father C Tibideau 

    https://www.foxbangor.com/news/item/20821-silver-alert-issued-for-missing-maine-priest

    he is been missing for a week can not even find the mans car....

    seem to be about as hazardous to be a priest as it is a Russian ambassador
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    https://cruxnow.com/global-church/2017/06/28/mystery-surrounds-death-priest-went-missing-uk/

    https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/news/crime_police/article_c6795e40-23ab-11e7-b870-378a166b7688.html

    https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/missing-florida-priest-found-dead-hundreds-miles-article-1.2606452

    and latest one Father C Tibideau 

    https://www.foxbangor.com/news/item/20821-silver-alert-issued-for-missing-maine-priest

    he is been missing for a week can not even find the mans car....

    seem to be about as hazardous to be a priest as it is a Russian ambassador
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 10:01 AM ET #2

    too bad he wasnt a kid drinking alchohol in a beside a river..... they have found him in a few minutes of cracking the first beer.
    Reply
    too bad he wasnt a kid drinking alchohol in a beside a river..... they have found him in a few minutes of cracking the first beer.
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 11:38 AM ET #3

    What's the problem?
    Reply
    What's the problem?
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2017 - 8:20 AM ET #4

    Coincidences.  Nothing more.  

    Outside of wedding and funerals, I haven't been to a Catholic mass since I was Confirmed.  

    Ironic huh?  Hahahaha
    Reply
    Coincidences.  Nothing more.  

    Outside of wedding and funerals, I haven't been to a Catholic mass since I was Confirmed.  

    Ironic huh?  Hahahaha
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2017 - 1:04 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Coincidences.  Nothing more.  

    Outside of wedding and funerals, I haven't been to a Catholic mass since I was Confirmed.  

    Ironic huh?  Hahahaha


    I went to a Catholic school from first through eighth grade, and my disdain/distrust in organized religion started around third grade when our class received the "Sacrament Of Penance". Even though your supposed to choose if you want to go face-to-face or "anonymously" in the confessional, for some reason we were all forced to go face-to-face to "receive" the sacrament. So, here I am, a 9 year old kid telling some old dude who knows me (and knows my parents and family, BTW) my "sins" I've done? Even at 9, I knew this was f@cking weird and wrong - so I never went again.
    I kept up the Sunday mass ritual with my family because we always went out for breakfast after, but once I hit 16 and started driving and working, I never went back to church again - except weddings & funerals.
    I guess I get the whole "community" feel of a church, and (outside of the molestations, of course) it's good for kids to learn about respect and love of mankind through the "stories" in the Bible, but I just can't see how a grown adult in this day and age can still buy into this crap.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Coincidences.  Nothing more.  

    Outside of wedding and funerals, I haven't been to a Catholic mass since I was Confirmed.  

    Ironic huh?  Hahahaha


    I went to a Catholic school from first through eighth grade, and my disdain/distrust in organized religion started around third grade when our class received the "Sacrament Of Penance". Even though your supposed to choose if you want to go face-to-face or "anonymously" in the confessional, for some reason we were all forced to go face-to-face to "receive" the sacrament. So, here I am, a 9 year old kid telling some old dude who knows me (and knows my parents and family, BTW) my "sins" I've done? Even at 9, I knew this was f@cking weird and wrong - so I never went again.
    I kept up the Sunday mass ritual with my family because we always went out for breakfast after, but once I hit 16 and started driving and working, I never went back to church again - except weddings & funerals.
    I guess I get the whole "community" feel of a church, and (outside of the molestations, of course) it's good for kids to learn about respect and love of mankind through the "stories" in the Bible, but I just can't see how a grown adult in this day and age can still buy into this crap.....
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2017 - 1:33 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:



    I went to a Catholic school from first through eighth grade, and my disdain/distrust in organized religion started around third grade when our class received the "Sacrament Of Penance". Even though your supposed to choose if you want to go face-to-face or "anonymously" in the confessional, for some reason we were all forced to go face-to-face to "receive" the sacrament. So, here I am, a 9 year old kid telling some old dude who knows me (and knows my parents and family, BTW) my "sins" I've done? Even at 9, I knew this was f@cking weird and wrong - so I never went again.
    I kept up the Sunday mass ritual with my family because we always went out for breakfast after, but once I hit 16 and started driving and working, I never went back to church again - except weddings & funerals.
    I guess I get the whole "community" feel of a church, and (outside of the molestations, of course) it's good for kids to learn about respect and love of mankind through the "stories" in the Bible, but I just can't see how a grown adult in this day and age can still buy into this crap.....

    They kept increasing the age of Confirmation starting in the early 2000s.  Both of my older brothers and cousins got theirs when they were in 8th grade.  My younger sister and I both got ours when we were juniors in high school

    Anyways, our CCD class went to Reconciliation during our last class.  I was second to go but it didn't get further than that.  Between the first kid ahead of me (still remember his name was Marcelo-haha) and I, we took up the entire hour of class time by our "Father" lecturing and scorning us for our sins, hahaha.

    I told the priest that I drank and smokedsocially like most high school teenagers and he was on the verge of screaming at me.  He then asked me whether I was sexually active.  Of course I was.. I was a 17 year old kid.  He then proceeded to say that it was a sin and I shouldn't "touch myself down there either."

    My CCD teacher later apologized to me and Marcelo saying that the priest was very old-fashioned.  

    I swear on all of my loved-ones graves that this happened.  I told my father about this and he laughed.  My mom didn't believe me.  

    When people ask me what religion I am, I tell them I was raised Roman Catholic up until my Confirmation.  Then I tell them this story.  No Bullsh!t.  True Phucking Story.  

    "You can't touch yourself down there either."  Hahahaha.  


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:



    I went to a Catholic school from first through eighth grade, and my disdain/distrust in organized religion started around third grade when our class received the "Sacrament Of Penance". Even though your supposed to choose if you want to go face-to-face or "anonymously" in the confessional, for some reason we were all forced to go face-to-face to "receive" the sacrament. So, here I am, a 9 year old kid telling some old dude who knows me (and knows my parents and family, BTW) my "sins" I've done? Even at 9, I knew this was f@cking weird and wrong - so I never went again.
    I kept up the Sunday mass ritual with my family because we always went out for breakfast after, but once I hit 16 and started driving and working, I never went back to church again - except weddings & funerals.
    I guess I get the whole "community" feel of a church, and (outside of the molestations, of course) it's good for kids to learn about respect and love of mankind through the "stories" in the Bible, but I just can't see how a grown adult in this day and age can still buy into this crap.....

    They kept increasing the age of Confirmation starting in the early 2000s.  Both of my older brothers and cousins got theirs when they were in 8th grade.  My younger sister and I both got ours when we were juniors in high school

    Anyways, our CCD class went to Reconciliation during our last class.  I was second to go but it didn't get further than that.  Between the first kid ahead of me (still remember his name was Marcelo-haha) and I, we took up the entire hour of class time by our "Father" lecturing and scorning us for our sins, hahaha.

    I told the priest that I drank and smokedsocially like most high school teenagers and he was on the verge of screaming at me.  He then asked me whether I was sexually active.  Of course I was.. I was a 17 year old kid.  He then proceeded to say that it was a sin and I shouldn't "touch myself down there either."

    My CCD teacher later apologized to me and Marcelo saying that the priest was very old-fashioned.  

    I swear on all of my loved-ones graves that this happened.  I told my father about this and he laughed.  My mom didn't believe me.  

    When people ask me what religion I am, I tell them I was raised Roman Catholic up until my Confirmation.  Then I tell them this story.  No Bullsh!t.  True Phucking Story.  

    "You can't touch yourself down there either."  Hahahaha.  


     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2017 - 3:00 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    What's the problem?


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    What's the problem?


     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2017 - 4:10 PM ET #8

    Oldest, most perfected form of Christian worship.  The store house or deposit of faith.

    Can't get around those two things despite the many fvck ups and raped kids.

    Reply

    Oldest, most perfected form of Christian worship.  The store house or deposit of faith.

    Can't get around those two things despite the many fvck ups and raped kids.

     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2017 - 5:04 PM ET #9

    I could write a book about Catholic grammer school in the 60's.

    Father Gardner was a mean prick..Hit me from behind with a bible over my head other kids confirmed his arms were raised way high doing so..Could have broken my neck..I just remember talking to a girl across from me during a test..

    One day this Father went to exact some punishment on another kid and the kid ducked his punch..Father Gardner left wearing a cast after he busted his hand on a locker...Yeah we loved it..RIP you crazy darn.

    Nuns were another trip..some too old to be handling pre-teens etc..I wasn't a bad kid or my classmates but we were beaten up sometimes with slaps, hair pulls, earlobe pulls..Just became the norm..But every year just got worse..Knuckles in the back from behind..seems nothing left bruises/blood to show parents.

    Couple incidents happened though that we did not graduate the way they wanted us to..

    Well one,they separated the boys and girls in 8th grade and just for fun we brought a couple smoke bombs in and all the boys touched it to claim responsibility..We set them off with a delayed cigarette fuse in the bathroom..Kinda worked as it was game on you old friggin nuns and they came down on us..At the time most of the boys had some contraband on them and Zippo lighters were popular..Firecrackers and Baseball cards to pitch at recess were good targets for the nuns to confiscate also.

    One day at recess outside a kid lights anothers flimsy jacket on fire just fooling around and they bring all the boys into the auditorium..They bring the culprit to the front (Can't remember his name) but one nun on each side holding his arms while the head nun slapped him..He bolted and went home.His father took him out of the school and that was his last day there.

    Just thought back a few year before that there was one black kid in the school and we all liked him..Henry Middleton was his name..One day a nun called him a person and he went home and told his father.That was his last day at the school.We also had a black janitor who was cool to the kids and the freaking nuns told us to not befriend him..Just fucked up and we knew at the time they were racist..

    Graduation was in a church,some big-shot bishop came in and the nuns all in flurry about that ..We tore it up and let loose for years of abuse..stomping feet clapping etc..big rounds of applause esp for one Shirly Quisgard a redhead who suffered some serious abuse from the nuns and was one of us...I think hers was the last diploma handed out..and show was over and done with..Nuns crying and aftermath was some kind of emergency PTA meeting because the nuns wanted to hold us a back a year,but impossible due to an incoming class...

    For those of us who continued to the Catholic High School we  were warmly greeted by the drunken pastor/founder of that school .And that is another story of a crazy priest shipped off to Fl

    Have not been in a church since my Mother's funeral.

    Reply

    I could write a book about Catholic grammer school in the 60's.

    Father Gardner was a mean prick..Hit me from behind with a bible over my head other kids confirmed his arms were raised way high doing so..Could have broken my neck..I just remember talking to a girl across from me during a test..

    One day this Father went to exact some punishment on another kid and the kid ducked his punch..Father Gardner left wearing a cast after he busted his hand on a locker...Yeah we loved it..RIP you crazy darn.

    Nuns were another trip..some too old to be handling pre-teens etc..I wasn't a bad kid or my classmates but we were beaten up sometimes with slaps, hair pulls, earlobe pulls..Just became the norm..But every year just got worse..Knuckles in the back from behind..seems nothing left bruises/blood to show parents.

    Couple incidents happened though that we did not graduate the way they wanted us to..

    Well one,they separated the boys and girls in 8th grade and just for fun we brought a couple smoke bombs in and all the boys touched it to claim responsibility..We set them off with a delayed cigarette fuse in the bathroom..Kinda worked as it was game on you old friggin nuns and they came down on us..At the time most of the boys had some contraband on them and Zippo lighters were popular..Firecrackers and Baseball cards to pitch at recess were good targets for the nuns to confiscate also.

    One day at recess outside a kid lights anothers flimsy jacket on fire just fooling around and they bring all the boys into the auditorium..They bring the culprit to the front (Can't remember his name) but one nun on each side holding his arms while the head nun slapped him..He bolted and went home.His father took him out of the school and that was his last day there.

    Just thought back a few year before that there was one black kid in the school and we all liked him..Henry Middleton was his name..One day a nun called him a person and he went home and told his father.That was his last day at the school.We also had a black janitor who was cool to the kids and the freaking nuns told us to not befriend him..Just fucked up and we knew at the time they were racist..

    Graduation was in a church,some big-shot bishop came in and the nuns all in flurry about that ..We tore it up and let loose for years of abuse..stomping feet clapping etc..big rounds of applause esp for one Shirly Quisgard a redhead who suffered some serious abuse from the nuns and was one of us...I think hers was the last diploma handed out..and show was over and done with..Nuns crying and aftermath was some kind of emergency PTA meeting because the nuns wanted to hold us a back a year,but impossible due to an incoming class...

    For those of us who continued to the Catholic High School we  were warmly greeted by the drunken pastor/founder of that school .And that is another story of a crazy priest shipped off to Fl

    Have not been in a church since my Mother's funeral.

     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2017 - 5:21 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    I could write a book about Catholic grammer school in the 60's.

    Father Gardner was a mean prick..Hit me from behind with a bible over my head other kids confirmed his arms were raised way high doing so..Could have broken my neck..I just remember talking to a girl across from me during a test..

    One day this Father went to exact some punishment on another kid and the kid ducked his punch..Father Gardner left wearing a cast after he busted his hand on a locker...Yeah we loved it..RIP you crazy darn.

    Nuns were another trip..some too old to be handling pre-teens etc..I wasn't a bad kid or my classmates but we were beaten up sometimes with slaps, hair pulls, earlobe pulls..Just became the norm..But every year just got worse..Knuckles in the back from behind..seems nothing left bruises/blood to show parents.

    Couple incidents happened though that we did not graduate the way they wanted us to..

    Well one,they separated the boys and girls in 8th grade and just for fun we brought a couple smoke bombs in and all the boys touched it to claim responsibility..We set them off with a delayed cigarette fuse in the bathroom..Kinda worked as it was game on you old friggin nuns and they came down on us..At the time most of the boys had some contraband on them and Zippo lighters were popular..Firecrackers and Baseball cards to pitch at recess were good targets for the nuns to confiscate also.

    One day at recess outside a kid lights anothers flimsy jacket on fire just fooling around and they bring all the boys into the auditorium..They bring the culprit to the front (Can't remember his name) but one nun on each side holding his arms while the head nun slapped him..He bolted and went home.His father took him out of the school and that was his last day there.

    Just thought back a few year before that there was one black kid in the school and we all liked him..Henry Middleton was his name..One day a nun called him a person and he went home and told his father.That was his last day at the school.We also had a black janitor who was cool to the kids and the freaking nuns told us to not befriend him..Just fucked up and we knew at the time they were racist..

    Graduation was in a church,some big-shot bishop came in and the nuns all in flurry about that ..We tore it up and let loose for years of abuse..stomping feet clapping etc..big rounds of applause esp for one Shirly Quisgard a redhead who suffered some serious abuse from the nuns and was one of us...I think hers was the last diploma handed out..and show was over and done with..Nuns crying and aftermath was some kind of emergency PTA meeting because the nuns wanted to hold us a back a year,but impossible due to an incoming class...

    For those of us who continued to the Catholic High School we  were warmly greeted by the drunken pastor/founder of that school .And that is another story of a crazy priest shipped off to Fl

    Have not been in a church since my Mother's funeral.


    Holy sh!t.  You grew up around my parents time.  They told me that if they told my grandparents they were hit by one of the Penguins at school, they'd catch a fresh beating b/c it meant they were misbehaving.  60s Catholic school seemed like prison from their stories.  

    This was in Newark, Jersey City, Elizabeth and Bayonne.  I know you live in South Jersey now, but aren't from North?  I forgot which poster, but there's another guy from Bayonne here that grew up around your time.  


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    I could write a book about Catholic grammer school in the 60's.

    Father Gardner was a mean prick..Hit me from behind with a bible over my head other kids confirmed his arms were raised way high doing so..Could have broken my neck..I just remember talking to a girl across from me during a test..

    One day this Father went to exact some punishment on another kid and the kid ducked his punch..Father Gardner left wearing a cast after he busted his hand on a locker...Yeah we loved it..RIP you crazy darn.

    Nuns were another trip..some too old to be handling pre-teens etc..I wasn't a bad kid or my classmates but we were beaten up sometimes with slaps, hair pulls, earlobe pulls..Just became the norm..But every year just got worse..Knuckles in the back from behind..seems nothing left bruises/blood to show parents.

    Couple incidents happened though that we did not graduate the way they wanted us to..

    Well one,they separated the boys and girls in 8th grade and just for fun we brought a couple smoke bombs in and all the boys touched it to claim responsibility..We set them off with a delayed cigarette fuse in the bathroom..Kinda worked as it was game on you old friggin nuns and they came down on us..At the time most of the boys had some contraband on them and Zippo lighters were popular..Firecrackers and Baseball cards to pitch at recess were good targets for the nuns to confiscate also.

    One day at recess outside a kid lights anothers flimsy jacket on fire just fooling around and they bring all the boys into the auditorium..They bring the culprit to the front (Can't remember his name) but one nun on each side holding his arms while the head nun slapped him..He bolted and went home.His father took him out of the school and that was his last day there.

    Just thought back a few year before that there was one black kid in the school and we all liked him..Henry Middleton was his name..One day a nun called him a person and he went home and told his father.That was his last day at the school.We also had a black janitor who was cool to the kids and the freaking nuns told us to not befriend him..Just fucked up and we knew at the time they were racist..

    Graduation was in a church,some big-shot bishop came in and the nuns all in flurry about that ..We tore it up and let loose for years of abuse..stomping feet clapping etc..big rounds of applause esp for one Shirly Quisgard a redhead who suffered some serious abuse from the nuns and was one of us...I think hers was the last diploma handed out..and show was over and done with..Nuns crying and aftermath was some kind of emergency PTA meeting because the nuns wanted to hold us a back a year,but impossible due to an incoming class...

    For those of us who continued to the Catholic High School we  were warmly greeted by the drunken pastor/founder of that school .And that is another story of a crazy priest shipped off to Fl

    Have not been in a church since my Mother's funeral.


    Holy sh!t.  You grew up around my parents time.  They told me that if they told my grandparents they were hit by one of the Penguins at school, they'd catch a fresh beating b/c it meant they were misbehaving.  60s Catholic school seemed like prison from their stories.  

    This was in Newark, Jersey City, Elizabeth and Bayonne.  I know you live in South Jersey now, but aren't from North?  I forgot which poster, but there's another guy from Bayonne here that grew up around your time.  


     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2017 - 5:27 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by jmw59:

    Oldest, most perfected form of Christian worship.  The store house or deposit of faith.

    Can't get around those two things despite the many fvck ups and raped kids.


    At the end of the day, isn't all other forms of Christianity things that people just nitpicked what they didn't like about Catholicism over the course of time?  Is Catholicism is the purest form of Christianity?  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jmw59:

    Oldest, most perfected form of Christian worship.  The store house or deposit of faith.

    Can't get around those two things despite the many fvck ups and raped kids.


    At the end of the day, isn't all other forms of Christianity things that people just nitpicked what they didn't like about Catholicism over the course of time?  Is Catholicism is the purest form of Christianity?  
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2017 - 6:34 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    Holy sh!t.  You grew up around my parents time.  They told me that if they told my grandparents they were hit by one of the Penguins at school, they'd catch a fresh beating b/c it meant they were misbehaving.  60s Catholic school seemed like prison from their stories.  

    This was in Newark, Jersey City, Elizabeth and Bayonne.  I know you live in South Jersey now, but aren't from North?  I forgot which poster, but there's another guy from Bayonne here that grew up around your time.  


    Hey Slob I live in FL now but grew up on the JerseyShore Spring Lake Heights  Monmouth county

    lol about the penguins..man they were strange women with issues

    At some point I realized telling my mother I was roughed up was worthless and my old man (WW11 navy vet)

    I can probably count on one hand how many times my parents hit me and for the right reason.Not so at school..

    Good education though

    Probably need that type discipline in today's schools?


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    Holy sh!t.  You grew up around my parents time.  They told me that if they told my grandparents they were hit by one of the Penguins at school, they'd catch a fresh beating b/c it meant they were misbehaving.  60s Catholic school seemed like prison from their stories.  

    This was in Newark, Jersey City, Elizabeth and Bayonne.  I know you live in South Jersey now, but aren't from North?  I forgot which poster, but there's another guy from Bayonne here that grew up around your time.  


    Hey Slob I live in FL now but grew up on the JerseyShore Spring Lake Heights  Monmouth county

    lol about the penguins..man they were strange women with issues

    At some point I realized telling my mother I was roughed up was worthless and my old man (WW11 navy vet)

    I can probably count on one hand how many times my parents hit me and for the right reason.Not so at school..

    Good education though

    Probably need that type discipline in today's schools?


     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2017 - 7:04 PM ET #13


      jamesxnj

    Post of the century!!!

       
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

      jamesxnj

    Post of the century!!!

       
     
    1129ken
    1129ken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2674
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2017 - 7:45 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Hey Slob I live in FL now but grew up on the JerseyShore Spring Lake Heights  Monmouth county

    lol about the penguins..man they were strange women with issues

    At some point I realized telling my mother I was roughed up was worthless and my old man (WW11 navy vet)

    I can probably count on one hand how many times my parents hit me and for the right reason.Not so at school..

    Good education though

    Probably need that type discipline in today's schools?




    Catholic school on Staten Island in the 60's. Kids from Bayonne and Elizabeth would cross the Bayonne and Goethals bridges to drink on Staten Island because back then the legal age was 18 in NY and 21 in NJ. Car crashes returning to NJ nearly every weekend. To this day I still vacation in Spring Lake on the Jersey Shore. Good memories.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Hey Slob I live in FL now but grew up on the JerseyShore Spring Lake Heights  Monmouth county

    lol about the penguins..man they were strange women with issues

    At some point I realized telling my mother I was roughed up was worthless and my old man (WW11 navy vet)

    I can probably count on one hand how many times my parents hit me and for the right reason.Not so at school..

    Good education though

    Probably need that type discipline in today's schools?




    Catholic school on Staten Island in the 60's. Kids from Bayonne and Elizabeth would cross the Bayonne and Goethals bridges to drink on Staten Island because back then the legal age was 18 in NY and 21 in NJ. Car crashes returning to NJ nearly every weekend. To this day I still vacation in Spring Lake on the Jersey Shore. Good memories.


     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2017 - 8:16 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:



    Catholic school on Staten Island in the 60's. Kids from Bayonne and Elizabeth would cross the Bayonne and Goethals bridges to drink on Staten Island because back then the legal age was 18 in NY and 21 in NJ. Car crashes returning to NJ nearly every weekend. To this day I still vacation in Spring Lake on the Jersey Shore. Good memories.



    My parents told me they used to do this all the time after they graduated from high school.  

    Our generation had to take road trips up 87 to Montreal each summer to drink legally in the Quebec province.  Love Montreal!  

    Anyways, I was fortunate that I attended public school and never had to deal with the strict rules of Catholic school.

    My siblings and I only had to go to mass and CCD class every Sunday before NFL Countdown.  

    Beats being a Baptist in this way.  Catholic service only bores you for a hour tops.  I hear other Christian religions make an entire day out of worship!  That's crazy!  

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:



    Catholic school on Staten Island in the 60's. Kids from Bayonne and Elizabeth would cross the Bayonne and Goethals bridges to drink on Staten Island because back then the legal age was 18 in NY and 21 in NJ. Car crashes returning to NJ nearly every weekend. To this day I still vacation in Spring Lake on the Jersey Shore. Good memories.



    My parents told me they used to do this all the time after they graduated from high school.  

    Our generation had to take road trips up 87 to Montreal each summer to drink legally in the Quebec province.  Love Montreal!  

    Anyways, I was fortunate that I attended public school and never had to deal with the strict rules of Catholic school.

    My siblings and I only had to go to mass and CCD class every Sunday before NFL Countdown.  

    Beats being a Baptist in this way.  Catholic service only bores you for a hour tops.  I hear other Christian religions make an entire day out of worship!  That's crazy!  

     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2017 - 9:07 AM ET #16

    [Quote: Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus]

    At the end of the day, isn't all other forms of Christianity things that people just nitpicked what they didn't like about Catholicism over the course of time?  Is Catholicism is the purest form of Christianity?  

    [/Quote

    I'm not blessed with the best apologetic skills, but yes, one could claim that.  I had a press member ask me one time, do Catholics consider themselves Christian?  My answer was yes, since we invented it.

    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus]

    At the end of the day, isn't all other forms of Christianity things that people just nitpicked what they didn't like about Catholicism over the course of time?  Is Catholicism is the purest form of Christianity?  

    [/Quote

    I'm not blessed with the best apologetic skills, but yes, one could claim that.  I had a press member ask me one time, do Catholics consider themselves Christian?  My answer was yes, since we invented it.

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2017 - 9:21 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    They kept increasing the age of Confirmation starting in the early 2000s.  Both of my older brothers and cousins got theirs when they were in 8th grade.  My younger sister and I both got ours when we were juniors in high school

    Anyways, our CCD class went to Reconciliation during our last class.  I was second to go but it didn't get further than that.  Between the first kid ahead of me (still remember his name was Marcelo-haha) and I, we took up the entire hour of class time by our "Father" lecturing and scorning us for our sins, hahaha.

    I told the priest that I drank and smokedsocially like most high school teenagers and he was on the verge of screaming at me.  He then asked me whether I was sexually active.  Of course I was.. I was a 17 year old kid.  He then proceeded to say that it was a sin and I shouldn't "touch myself down there either."

    My CCD teacher later apologized to me and Marcelo saying that the priest was very old-fashioned.  

    I swear on all of my loved-ones graves that this happened.  I told my father about this and he laughed.  My mom didn't believe me.  

    When people ask me what religion I am, I tell them I was raised Roman Catholic up until my Confirmation.  Then I tell them this story.  No Bullsh!t.  True Phucking Story.  

    "You can't touch yourself down there either."  Hahahaha.  



    Dude, 17?!?!?
    WTF!!!
    I'm sure there were girls in your class too, I could not imagine a (for moral and legal reasons, we'll round it up to "18") year old girl sitting there alone in a confessional with some 50 year old dude, in a Catholic school uniform, going into great detail about how she "drinks, smokes, and touches herself" - and all the parents sign off on this as perfectly normal and O.K.

    Just so wrong on so many levels.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    They kept increasing the age of Confirmation starting in the early 2000s.  Both of my older brothers and cousins got theirs when they were in 8th grade.  My younger sister and I both got ours when we were juniors in high school

    Anyways, our CCD class went to Reconciliation during our last class.  I was second to go but it didn't get further than that.  Between the first kid ahead of me (still remember his name was Marcelo-haha) and I, we took up the entire hour of class time by our "Father" lecturing and scorning us for our sins, hahaha.

    I told the priest that I drank and smokedsocially like most high school teenagers and he was on the verge of screaming at me.  He then asked me whether I was sexually active.  Of course I was.. I was a 17 year old kid.  He then proceeded to say that it was a sin and I shouldn't "touch myself down there either."

    My CCD teacher later apologized to me and Marcelo saying that the priest was very old-fashioned.  

    I swear on all of my loved-ones graves that this happened.  I told my father about this and he laughed.  My mom didn't believe me.  

    When people ask me what religion I am, I tell them I was raised Roman Catholic up until my Confirmation.  Then I tell them this story.  No Bullsh!t.  True Phucking Story.  

    "You can't touch yourself down there either."  Hahahaha.  



    Dude, 17?!?!?
    WTF!!!
    I'm sure there were girls in your class too, I could not imagine a (for moral and legal reasons, we'll round it up to "18") year old girl sitting there alone in a confessional with some 50 year old dude, in a Catholic school uniform, going into great detail about how she "drinks, smokes, and touches herself" - and all the parents sign off on this as perfectly normal and O.K.

    Just so wrong on so many levels.....
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2017 - 3:59 PM ET #18

    well ten days the state police and warden services are looking for this man... no sign of even his car.... 2013 chevy equinox with onstar device and a cell phone... seems like troopers could not find their arsh with tissue paper these days...
    Reply
    well ten days the state police and warden services are looking for this man... no sign of even his car.... 2013 chevy equinox with onstar device and a cell phone... seems like troopers could not find their arsh with tissue paper these days...
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2017 - 11:45 PM ET #19

    Three missing is at least a start.
    Reply
    Three missing is at least a start.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 30, 2017 - 12:49 AM ET #20

    They spend all day in church comparing clothing, then go and hoover up a pile of coke and start trouble.
    Reply
    They spend all day in church comparing clothing, then go and hoover up a pile of coke and start trouble.
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Aug. 7, 2017 - 2:28 PM ET #21

    search police suspended.
    Reply
    search police suspended.
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Sep. 30, 2017 - 9:48 PM ET #22

    https://usa.kig.hu/news/maine-game-wardens-believe-missing-priest-from-caribou-has-been-found

    wardens found the missing priest.

    car was found stuck the body was found nearby located in springfield.
    Reply
    https://usa.kig.hu/news/maine-game-wardens-believe-missing-priest-from-caribou-has-been-found

    wardens found the missing priest.

    car was found stuck the body was found nearby located in springfield.
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Sep. 30, 2017 - 10:45 PM ET #23

    https://www.centralmaine.com/2017/09/30/game-wardens-find-body-believed-to-be-that-of-missing-priest/
    Reply
    https://www.centralmaine.com/2017/09/30/game-wardens-find-body-believed-to-be-that-of-missing-priest/
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2017 - 8:22 AM ET #24

     This is what happens when you try to "bugger a few of the wee ones"
    Reply
     This is what happens when you try to "bugger a few of the wee ones"
     
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2020 - 12:08 AM ET #25

    This was my thread 2 years ago.

    Reply

    This was my thread 2 years ago.

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,882
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 442
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,599
    • MLB Playoffs 16,899
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,189
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,361
    • Week 6 Money 5,565
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,245
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,146

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.