• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Biggest Press and Win Stories...

    DiverRon
    TheGoldenGoose
    jamesxnj
    THEMUGG
    mazenn
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 678
    Posts: 12
     
    DiverRon
    DiverRon
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 3837
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2018 - 4:15 PM ET #1

    HI All,

    Was thinking about my younger and crazier years with gambling and times when I lost and lost pressed and won.
    Seems it fails more than it wins but put any stories you have regarding this scenario here and this can make for
    an amusing thread.

    I'll start off...Was in Bahamas some years back.. the old crystal palace and was gambling away
    on the first night of a 4 day vacay. Seemed like everything I touched lost. Just crazy!
    In dice 7 out 7 out so I go hard on don't 10 and the 10 comes. Blackjack pressing on 21,
    Slots terrible, etc.. This just happened like the whole night and at the time I seperated my banroll into
    4 parts, (1 part for each day). Went back to room to get 2nd day bankroll the first night and turned south again.
    Finally after a bunch Kaliks I said screw it and put my last 2 days bankroll all on one sportsbet, (Pacers -6.5).
    Passed out and woke up 3 am and sure enough Pacers won by 8, but whew!!!!
    Turns out rest of the trip went much better and ended up making a few bucks!
    new_deadnew_wink_grin

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    HI All,

    Was thinking about my younger and crazier years with gambling and times when I lost and lost pressed and won.
    Seems it fails more than it wins but put any stories you have regarding this scenario here and this can make for
    an amusing thread.

    I'll start off...Was in Bahamas some years back.. the old crystal palace and was gambling away
    on the first night of a 4 day vacay. Seemed like everything I touched lost. Just crazy!
    In dice 7 out 7 out so I go hard on don't 10 and the 10 comes. Blackjack pressing on 21,
    Slots terrible, etc.. This just happened like the whole night and at the time I seperated my banroll into
    4 parts, (1 part for each day). Went back to room to get 2nd day bankroll the first night and turned south again.
    Finally after a bunch Kaliks I said screw it and put my last 2 days bankroll all on one sportsbet, (Pacers -6.5).
    Passed out and woke up 3 am and sure enough Pacers won by 8, but whew!!!!
    Turns out rest of the trip went much better and ended up making a few bucks!
    new_deadnew_wink_grin

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2018 - 7:12 PM ET #2


    Some years ago at Foxwoods Casino in Ct was playing Blackjack at a $25 table.  Bought in for $300.  Wifey and I had just enjoyed a Saturday evening dinner and just wanted a little action.  You never know what you are going to get at a Saturday night table because it's usually filled with punks that don't know basic blackjack strategy and would rather argue than play together as one table against the dealer.

    The table seemed to be rolling along quite splendidly.  Players were actually hitting their 16's against dealers tens, splitting and doubling when required, I was quite shocked that we had a genuine GOOD FLOW working at this table and cautiously began pressing my two hands (Wifey watches while I play the two hands).  My $25 each hand wager graduated to $50 each hand wager and sometimes graduated to $75 each hand wager if the Ace count looked favorable (I've talked about this before.  Anybody who says to count 10's into a 6 or 8 deck shoe is FOS,  Sure you can do it but the + factor is never high enough to make any real serious money.  Don't bother counting 10's... WHAT YOU WANT TO DO IS COUNT ACES).

    We ended up that shoe +$1200.  Second shoe starts and we once again get a good flow moving.  These kids are playing smart basic strategy and we are rockn' & rolln'.  Ace count low and I begin to press once again.  I'm getting my share of Blackjacks, I'm doubling my 6-4 and 7-3 hands and catching more Aces.  It's like blackjack HEAVEN.  Another $1700 that shoe.

    We start the third shoe and the magic begins again.  Everybody playing perfect.  Great flow of cards.  Dealer breaking like crazy.  Ut-Oh... here comes the relief dealer.  With a tap on our dealer shoulder she is gone, a card gets burned, and Mr relief starts running cards.  Except nothing changes.  He keeps breaking.  And the Ace count looking VERY POSITIVE. 

    I'm Pressed up now to $200 on each hand.  Wifey is digging fingernails into my thighs.  This guy just kept on paying and paying and paying.  Sure I'd get my Blackjacks but EVERY time I needed a double down... IT WAS THERE.  If I needed that 10 on my 6-5... BANG... she was there.  If I doubled a ACE-FIVE against the dealers SIX... BANG, MY FIVE WAS THERE!!!!!

    So I am up over $4K now and Wifey is seriously badgering to get up and go.  NO WAY... YOU NEVER EVER LEAVE A WINNING RUN.

    I'm Pressed up now to $300 on each hand.  Starting to draw a crowd around the table now.  Back and forth we went for another 15 minutes.  Regular dealer comes back and burns a card.  Back and forth we go for another 30 minutes.  Nothing much happening.  The run is now officially over.

    I color up thirteen purple and six black for a $6,800 profit in about one hours work.  If Wifey had convinced me to leave, at HER choosing, we would have left $2K in the dealers rack.  NEVER leave a RUN until the RUN is OVER.  And NEVER be afraid to PRESS!!!!!

    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Some years ago at Foxwoods Casino in Ct was playing Blackjack at a $25 table.  Bought in for $300.  Wifey and I had just enjoyed a Saturday evening dinner and just wanted a little action.  You never know what you are going to get at a Saturday night table because it's usually filled with punks that don't know basic blackjack strategy and would rather argue than play together as one table against the dealer.

    The table seemed to be rolling along quite splendidly.  Players were actually hitting their 16's against dealers tens, splitting and doubling when required, I was quite shocked that we had a genuine GOOD FLOW working at this table and cautiously began pressing my two hands (Wifey watches while I play the two hands).  My $25 each hand wager graduated to $50 each hand wager and sometimes graduated to $75 each hand wager if the Ace count looked favorable (I've talked about this before.  Anybody who says to count 10's into a 6 or 8 deck shoe is FOS,  Sure you can do it but the + factor is never high enough to make any real serious money.  Don't bother counting 10's... WHAT YOU WANT TO DO IS COUNT ACES).

    We ended up that shoe +$1200.  Second shoe starts and we once again get a good flow moving.  These kids are playing smart basic strategy and we are rockn' & rolln'.  Ace count low and I begin to press once again.  I'm getting my share of Blackjacks, I'm doubling my 6-4 and 7-3 hands and catching more Aces.  It's like blackjack HEAVEN.  Another $1700 that shoe.

    We start the third shoe and the magic begins again.  Everybody playing perfect.  Great flow of cards.  Dealer breaking like crazy.  Ut-Oh... here comes the relief dealer.  With a tap on our dealer shoulder she is gone, a card gets burned, and Mr relief starts running cards.  Except nothing changes.  He keeps breaking.  And the Ace count looking VERY POSITIVE. 

    I'm Pressed up now to $200 on each hand.  Wifey is digging fingernails into my thighs.  This guy just kept on paying and paying and paying.  Sure I'd get my Blackjacks but EVERY time I needed a double down... IT WAS THERE.  If I needed that 10 on my 6-5... BANG... she was there.  If I doubled a ACE-FIVE against the dealers SIX... BANG, MY FIVE WAS THERE!!!!!

    So I am up over $4K now and Wifey is seriously badgering to get up and go.  NO WAY... YOU NEVER EVER LEAVE A WINNING RUN.

    I'm Pressed up now to $300 on each hand.  Starting to draw a crowd around the table now.  Back and forth we went for another 15 minutes.  Regular dealer comes back and burns a card.  Back and forth we go for another 30 minutes.  Nothing much happening.  The run is now officially over.

    I color up thirteen purple and six black for a $6,800 profit in about one hours work.  If Wifey had convinced me to leave, at HER choosing, we would have left $2K in the dealers rack.  NEVER leave a RUN until the RUN is OVER.  And NEVER be afraid to PRESS!!!!!

     
    DiverRon
    DiverRon
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 3837
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2018 - 9:07 AM ET #3

    Goose,
    Great story and I know what you mean about blackjack, if it's on it on!

    I was on Celebration cruise line out of Palm Beach some years ago,
    (crappy 2 night casino cruise), and the 2nd night I just couldn't lose on BJ.
    They were low budget and just had a few $25 tables with table max of $200.
    I was winning like 2/3 hands consecutively and just kept max betting and winning.
    Really really crazy that night. Funny thing was other players on tables (only 3 tables),
    were losing and leaving my table and I kept moving to busier table.
    Very Bizarre but when you are hot you are hot!
    Just after that we ended up moving out of florida and the cruise line people were really pissed and
    kept bothering me to please come back!
    I've never been back by the way:-)))))) 

    Reply

    Goose,
    Great story and I know what you mean about blackjack, if it's on it on!

    I was on Celebration cruise line out of Palm Beach some years ago,
    (crappy 2 night casino cruise), and the 2nd night I just couldn't lose on BJ.
    They were low budget and just had a few $25 tables with table max of $200.
    I was winning like 2/3 hands consecutively and just kept max betting and winning.
    Really really crazy that night. Funny thing was other players on tables (only 3 tables),
    were losing and leaving my table and I kept moving to busier table.
    Very Bizarre but when you are hot you are hot!
    Just after that we ended up moving out of florida and the cruise line people were really pissed and
    kept bothering me to please come back!
    I've never been back by the way:-)))))) 

     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2018 - 11:11 AM ET #4

    My best blackjack story...Got to the Rio first night of a Vegas trip and made a $50 bet on a pre-season game.checked in and watched the losing first half up in the room.Figured F it and went downstairs to watch the rest and just get some dinner.

    Passed by a nearly empty $25 table and figured WTF play a couple hands and get my $50 back from the losing bet.I buy in $100..The cards just were all golden.18,19,20's bj's..can't recall how many but was pressing a bit too light in foresight,as I was shocked..eventually a hand came where I had to make a decision and it was 7 7.I hit and get a 7 !

    Eventually it got choppy and I lost 3 in a row and cashed out around $800.Tipped the dealer and she commented on the nice run.By then the game was over and my bet was of course a winner...Nice first night in Las Vegas!

    Can only recall a couple tables where everyone was winning once at the Palms in it's heyday and a couple guys cancelled dinner reservations twice to keep the vibe at the table strong and it worked out great..they changed dealers on us and it didn't matter..

    Reply

    My best blackjack story...Got to the Rio first night of a Vegas trip and made a $50 bet on a pre-season game.checked in and watched the losing first half up in the room.Figured F it and went downstairs to watch the rest and just get some dinner.

    Passed by a nearly empty $25 table and figured WTF play a couple hands and get my $50 back from the losing bet.I buy in $100..The cards just were all golden.18,19,20's bj's..can't recall how many but was pressing a bit too light in foresight,as I was shocked..eventually a hand came where I had to make a decision and it was 7 7.I hit and get a 7 !

    Eventually it got choppy and I lost 3 in a row and cashed out around $800.Tipped the dealer and she commented on the nice run.By then the game was over and my bet was of course a winner...Nice first night in Las Vegas!

    Can only recall a couple tables where everyone was winning once at the Palms in it's heyday and a couple guys cancelled dinner reservations twice to keep the vibe at the table strong and it worked out great..they changed dealers on us and it didn't matter..

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Sep. 17, 2018 - 7:16 PM ET #5

    20-some years ago I was in Tahoe for a golf trip. None of us had ever been there before & got a tip that Monday nights was "ladies night" at a club inside Caesars...........dollar drinks. We show up early to find it's not open yet, so I sit down at a BJ table outside the entrance to kill some time. Just started with $100 but went on a good run & got up to around $800. About then my buddies tell me the club is open & they're going in. Great time to cash out.
     So we go in, have a few drinks, & quickly discover that it's about 20-1 guys over gals. I slam down about five brandy's & decide to go back & continue my hot streak.........& proceed to give it all back + my original $100 in about an hour. 
     Had my whole trip paid for & then gone. Should've known better because a couple nights earlier I lost a $100 on Tyson when he bit Holyfields ear off. On the bright side, we get to the airport early the next day because we had to turn in the rental car so we don't get charged for an extra day. Turns out that getting there early was good because Reno Air was giving $5 upgrades to 1st class because it was their 5th anniversary. I had to borrow $5 from one of my buddies.
    Reply
    20-some years ago I was in Tahoe for a golf trip. None of us had ever been there before & got a tip that Monday nights was "ladies night" at a club inside Caesars...........dollar drinks. We show up early to find it's not open yet, so I sit down at a BJ table outside the entrance to kill some time. Just started with $100 but went on a good run & got up to around $800. About then my buddies tell me the club is open & they're going in. Great time to cash out.
     So we go in, have a few drinks, & quickly discover that it's about 20-1 guys over gals. I slam down about five brandy's & decide to go back & continue my hot streak.........& proceed to give it all back + my original $100 in about an hour. 
     Had my whole trip paid for & then gone. Should've known better because a couple nights earlier I lost a $100 on Tyson when he bit Holyfields ear off. On the bright side, we get to the airport early the next day because we had to turn in the rental car so we don't get charged for an extra day. Turns out that getting there early was good because Reno Air was giving $5 upgrades to 1st class because it was their 5th anniversary. I had to borrow $5 from one of my buddies.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2018 - 6:27 PM ET #6


    "Should've known better because a couple nights earlier I lost a $100 on Tyson when he bit Holyfields ear off"

    I lost on that same bet!!!

    Also lost my KC bet on Brett's "pine tar" incident.
    (even though it was reversed my local still fukked me on that wager).

    Funny how those weird wagers seem to ALWAYS go against you.

    I DID win my Patriots wager though vs Raiders on that BS "tuck" ruling.

    LOL


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    "Should've known better because a couple nights earlier I lost a $100 on Tyson when he bit Holyfields ear off"

    I lost on that same bet!!!

    Also lost my KC bet on Brett's "pine tar" incident.
    (even though it was reversed my local still fukked me on that wager).

    Funny how those weird wagers seem to ALWAYS go against you.

    I DID win my Patriots wager though vs Raiders on that BS "tuck" ruling.

    LOL


     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 21, 2018 - 2:11 PM ET #7


    Got another one for y'all...

    9/7/85 NYM @ LAD Gooden vs Valenzuela

    Fellas, it just DOES NOT get any better than this.

    My boss kept taunting us ALL DAY LONG about how LA behind Fernando Valenzuela were going to completely destroy the Mets and Dwight Gooden.

    Odds were fairly even, Dodgers being Home Team, were slightly favored like -115.

    I took the Mets at Even Money.  Put up 5 $100 bills and finally told my boss to PUT UP or STFU.  He took the bet in front of about ten other co-workers.

    Gooden goes 9 innings.

    Valenzuela goes 11th innings... AND LOSES 2-0.

    Crickets for the next several days.

    One of my FAVORITE WINS EVER!!!



    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Got another one for y'all...

    9/7/85 NYM @ LAD Gooden vs Valenzuela

    Fellas, it just DOES NOT get any better than this.

    My boss kept taunting us ALL DAY LONG about how LA behind Fernando Valenzuela were going to completely destroy the Mets and Dwight Gooden.

    Odds were fairly even, Dodgers being Home Team, were slightly favored like -115.

    I took the Mets at Even Money.  Put up 5 $100 bills and finally told my boss to PUT UP or STFU.  He took the bet in front of about ten other co-workers.

    Gooden goes 9 innings.

    Valenzuela goes 11th innings... AND LOSES 2-0.

    Crickets for the next several days.

    One of my FAVORITE WINS EVER!!!



     
    mazenn
    mazenn
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2018 - 12:54 AM ET #8

    The table seemed to be rolling along quite splendidly.  Players were actually hitting their 16's against dealers tens, splitting and doubling when required, I was quite shocked that we had a genuine GOOD FLOW working at this table and cautiously began pressing my two hands

    Reply

    The table seemed to be rolling along quite splendidly.  Players were actually hitting their 16's against dealers tens, splitting and doubling when required, I was quite shocked that we had a genuine GOOD FLOW working at this table and cautiously began pressing my two hands

     
    mazenn
    mazenn
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Sep. 25, 2018 - 1:37 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by mazenn:

    The table seemed to be rolling along quite splendidly.  Players were actually hitting their 16's against dealers tens, splitting and doubling when required, I was quite shocked that we had a genuine GOOD FLOW working at this table and cautiously began pressing my two hands https://googlehangouts.ooo/ https://omegle.onl/

     I was quite shocked that we had a genuine GOOD FLOW working at this table and cautiously began pressing my two hands

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by mazenn:

    The table seemed to be rolling along quite splendidly.  Players were actually hitting their 16's against dealers tens, splitting and doubling when required, I was quite shocked that we had a genuine GOOD FLOW working at this table and cautiously began pressing my two hands https://googlehangouts.ooo/ https://omegle.onl/

     I was quite shocked that we had a genuine GOOD FLOW working at this table and cautiously began pressing my two hands

     
    BRYANTBARZAL
    BRYANTBARZAL
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 300
    Posted: Sep. 25, 2018 - 8:02 PM ET #10

    There are a lot more with bad results but here are a couple of good ones.

    Went to Vegas in December mid 80's by myself and took $2,000 and had plans of betting most of it on a Sunday NFL game the Dolphins. I flew in on Friday night and went right to the poker table at the Dunes and played for about 8 hours not having any room booked. They offered my a suite and all of my food at their property and I gladly accepted. I won almost $2,000 playing those 8 hours and they had this great horse racing arcade game near the poker tables that you could really be on and I won exactly $273 in about a half hour on it. I then took my key went to the suite to get some sleep, but when I got inside the suite I had this wild idea to have a wake up call in 2 hours and go down accross the street to the Stardust and bet some college football. The call comes and up I get. Quick shower to try to wake up and off I went. I looked at the lines marked the teams to bet and went to the window. I rattled off a few which turned out to be a bunch of plays and the teller asked me for $3,800 + which I paid and walked away wondering what the hell I just did. I went right back to the hotel to catch a little sleep. When I woke up 7 hours later I turned the station to a game and saw that I didn't do so well. I went back to the sportsbook and collected my $1100 approx and was pissed at myself. I went to the Dunes to play some poker and had a little luck after 6 hours and was back to my original $2000 so got up and went back to the room. I was still really pissed that I lost the money on NCAA FB betting when half asleep so I convinced my self a straight bet on the Dolphins was just not going to get me the money I was wanting to leave with so I got up Sunday morning and went to the sportsbook and played 3 $600 3 team parlays and 1 $100 4 team parlay with the Dolphins in every one. I sat there watching the ticker all day and watching team after team win but the dolphins was a late afternoon game and it was tight the whole game and was laying 6. It wasn't the game they had on a tv so again watching every time it went by on the ticker. And then came the final the score a late TD and won by 10 I was really pumped and trying to act calm as to not get robbed after going to the window. When all was said and done I had $14,000 + and was happy but not as happy as I thought I would be. 

    Reply

    There are a lot more with bad results but here are a couple of good ones.

    Went to Vegas in December mid 80's by myself and took $2,000 and had plans of betting most of it on a Sunday NFL game the Dolphins. I flew in on Friday night and went right to the poker table at the Dunes and played for about 8 hours not having any room booked. They offered my a suite and all of my food at their property and I gladly accepted. I won almost $2,000 playing those 8 hours and they had this great horse racing arcade game near the poker tables that you could really be on and I won exactly $273 in about a half hour on it. I then took my key went to the suite to get some sleep, but when I got inside the suite I had this wild idea to have a wake up call in 2 hours and go down accross the street to the Stardust and bet some college football. The call comes and up I get. Quick shower to try to wake up and off I went. I looked at the lines marked the teams to bet and went to the window. I rattled off a few which turned out to be a bunch of plays and the teller asked me for $3,800 + which I paid and walked away wondering what the hell I just did. I went right back to the hotel to catch a little sleep. When I woke up 7 hours later I turned the station to a game and saw that I didn't do so well. I went back to the sportsbook and collected my $1100 approx and was pissed at myself. I went to the Dunes to play some poker and had a little luck after 6 hours and was back to my original $2000 so got up and went back to the room. I was still really pissed that I lost the money on NCAA FB betting when half asleep so I convinced my self a straight bet on the Dolphins was just not going to get me the money I was wanting to leave with so I got up Sunday morning and went to the sportsbook and played 3 $600 3 team parlays and 1 $100 4 team parlay with the Dolphins in every one. I sat there watching the ticker all day and watching team after team win but the dolphins was a late afternoon game and it was tight the whole game and was laying 6. It wasn't the game they had on a tv so again watching every time it went by on the ticker. And then came the final the score a late TD and won by 10 I was really pumped and trying to act calm as to not get robbed after going to the window. When all was said and done I had $14,000 + and was happy but not as happy as I thought I would be. 

     
    BRYANTBARZAL
    BRYANTBARZAL
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 300
    Posted: Sep. 25, 2018 - 8:15 PM ET #11

    I wasn't sure why but I knew I needed more. The only game left on the board was an NBA game between Portland and Golden State. Portland was at home laying 18 and Golden State was horrible. So off I went in my rental car to Barbary Coast, Ceasers, Startdust, and downtown spreading $14,000 on Portland at as many books as needed then. I drove around listening to the game on a channel on radio with terrible static. It was a battle and I am screaming and cussing and finally with 4 minutes left in the game and portland up only 2 points I gave up, parked and the dunes and went inside to pay the horse race game with what little I had left. I played for about half hour and won a few bucks so I knew I would not be pennyless getting on my flight the next mid morning. I don't know why but I took one last walk to the sportsbook and sat down and looked up at the ticker as to say F U buy a score came across showing Portland won by 21 points. I knew it was a mistake so I waited for it to come by again and agian and the score wasn't changing. I finally got up and asked a man sitting closer to the ticker if he knew that was a mistake. He told me it was correct that it was a wild game and Portland had a two point lead with under 4 minutes left and Golden State didn't score again and Portland score the last 19 points to win by 21. I was dumb founded and couldn't say anything but thanks for the info and when he asked if I bet them I said just for a few bucks. I went to my room(suite) It basically was a room a little bigger with a couch and desk off to the side, anyhow I ordered room service which they paid for with a steak and shrimp and huge baked potato. I ate like a king for a kid in his early 20's and then went to the poker tables and believe it or not the boss wasn't like they are today. I explained the situation quietly to him and he held on of the tickets and gave me credit for 70% of it. I played into the morning winning a couple grand more and went right to the sportbooks to collect and I left Vegas with over $28,000.

    Reply

    I wasn't sure why but I knew I needed more. The only game left on the board was an NBA game between Portland and Golden State. Portland was at home laying 18 and Golden State was horrible. So off I went in my rental car to Barbary Coast, Ceasers, Startdust, and downtown spreading $14,000 on Portland at as many books as needed then. I drove around listening to the game on a channel on radio with terrible static. It was a battle and I am screaming and cussing and finally with 4 minutes left in the game and portland up only 2 points I gave up, parked and the dunes and went inside to pay the horse race game with what little I had left. I played for about half hour and won a few bucks so I knew I would not be pennyless getting on my flight the next mid morning. I don't know why but I took one last walk to the sportsbook and sat down and looked up at the ticker as to say F U buy a score came across showing Portland won by 21 points. I knew it was a mistake so I waited for it to come by again and agian and the score wasn't changing. I finally got up and asked a man sitting closer to the ticker if he knew that was a mistake. He told me it was correct that it was a wild game and Portland had a two point lead with under 4 minutes left and Golden State didn't score again and Portland score the last 19 points to win by 21. I was dumb founded and couldn't say anything but thanks for the info and when he asked if I bet them I said just for a few bucks. I went to my room(suite) It basically was a room a little bigger with a couch and desk off to the side, anyhow I ordered room service which they paid for with a steak and shrimp and huge baked potato. I ate like a king for a kid in his early 20's and then went to the poker tables and believe it or not the boss wasn't like they are today. I explained the situation quietly to him and he held on of the tickets and gave me credit for 70% of it. I played into the morning winning a couple grand more and went right to the sportbooks to collect and I left Vegas with over $28,000.

     
     
    BRYANTBARZAL
    BRYANTBARZAL
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 300
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2018 - 5:27 AM ET #12

    The other press story was I went to a local casino about 10 years back and sat down at a Blackjack table with $500 bought in with $300 to start. I always play $25 min because I feel it eliminates a number of dumb players. Unfortunitely the 2 tables with $25 min and no mid shoe entries were full so after waiting about half hour and still not a seat I made my way to a $10 min table. I played my $25 a hand and after about an hour I had to use the other $200 for chips and I was about done. I literally got down to my last $25 and bet it and won. The only other player at this table lost and gets up and leaves. Heads up and I only have $50 so I play 2 hands of $25 which was okay because of the $10 min so needed to bet $20 a spot for 2. I really was just wating this to end so I could go home. I though briefly about stopping with the $50 but the cashiers cage was far away and I was not feeling well so I figure I'll just lose it. I win both hands so now at $100 and I play several more 2 handed games with $25 on each and won most and had maybe one win and a loss a few times so, I'm back to $350 and I thought hell heat check put $50 on 2 hands and win both, press it to $100 each and win , pressing to $200 and winning and one to $400 per and winning so playing $500 per which is max on that table and winning. I played the rest of that shoe and 1 more all just the dealer and I. My bets were all over between $100 and $500 per hand with two hands every round. When the shoe was done  the dealer said sir I think you might want to consider coloring up and maybe taking a profit. I actually did so and when he colored me up it was just a tad short of $13,000 so I gave him a tip for the dealers of close to $1000 and walked away with $12,500 after being down to my last $25 chip.

    Reply

    The other press story was I went to a local casino about 10 years back and sat down at a Blackjack table with $500 bought in with $300 to start. I always play $25 min because I feel it eliminates a number of dumb players. Unfortunitely the 2 tables with $25 min and no mid shoe entries were full so after waiting about half hour and still not a seat I made my way to a $10 min table. I played my $25 a hand and after about an hour I had to use the other $200 for chips and I was about done. I literally got down to my last $25 and bet it and won. The only other player at this table lost and gets up and leaves. Heads up and I only have $50 so I play 2 hands of $25 which was okay because of the $10 min so needed to bet $20 a spot for 2. I really was just wating this to end so I could go home. I though briefly about stopping with the $50 but the cashiers cage was far away and I was not feeling well so I figure I'll just lose it. I win both hands so now at $100 and I play several more 2 handed games with $25 on each and won most and had maybe one win and a loss a few times so, I'm back to $350 and I thought hell heat check put $50 on 2 hands and win both, press it to $100 each and win , pressing to $200 and winning and one to $400 per and winning so playing $500 per which is max on that table and winning. I played the rest of that shoe and 1 more all just the dealer and I. My bets were all over between $100 and $500 per hand with two hands every round. When the shoe was done  the dealer said sir I think you might want to consider coloring up and maybe taking a profit. I actually did so and when he colored me up it was just a tad short of $13,000 so I gave him a tip for the dealers of close to $1000 and walked away with $12,500 after being down to my last $25 chip.

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,890
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,606
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • MLB Playoffs 16,952
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,263
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,265
    • Week 6 Money 5,817
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,148

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.