• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Betfair closed my account (there was more than 32K EURO)

    AirSide
    EuroPro
    MIZUNO22
    TheGoldenGoose
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 685
    Posts: 6
     
    AirSide
    AirSide
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2019
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2019 - 4:43 AM ET #1

    My account was closed by Betfair security as a result of check without the right to a refund money(on my account was more than 32k EURO).

    For the first time when I tried to log-in the account on August 21 I saw a message:«Access to this account is denied - this account has been closed. Please contact us if you have any questions». When I saw this message, I naturally started contacting with the live support and wrote to the email. I received a response that my account is being verified.

    Next day, August 22, I turned to the Russian-speaking support by email to find out the deadlines of the verification 

    On the same day I receive an answer. They said that I must to send them a documents like passport, skrill screenshot and proof of the living-address.

    and I have sent it and asked What is the reason of the closing my account and Is using VPN legal

     The next day I got an answer : «Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience, this is a periodic check.. Using VPN and Proxy is contrary to our rules and regulations, but for players from Russia we make concessions and do not prohibit using our site in this way.»

    answered: I understand, thank you very much. I will wait for the result.

    The next day - August 24, I received a response from the security service regarding verification. They asked to change a format of the photo from HEIC to Jpeg or pdf.

    The most interesting begin from this moment : documents were sent on August 24. Average verifying time is 72 hours : «Verifying your account: Average Time to answer is 72 hours». 

    Two days has passed, I began to write in live chat…. They apologized for the delay and wrote that they are needed more time 

    The next day, I called directly to the English-speaking support - they said that all of the documents were accepted except the utility bill and they needed more time.

    Then, on August 28, I wrote again for Russian-language support and try to find out if everything is fine and when my account be unlocked 

    I have not got a reply to this message, I waited a couple of days before August 30 and wrote to Russian-speaking live support  

    She sent a request to update the data to security department. She said that they will answer me during the day on email.

    So, I did not get an answer and August 31 I wrote to Russian-speaking live support again.

    She wrote that my account is closed and I can not withdraw my money! Also they will not tell me the reason.

    +letter which is confirming the closing my account: "We are sorry to inform you that your account with Betfair has been closed. This decision has been made by our department on business grounds and in line with our terms and conditions."

     On possibility to dispute this decision, money back or receiving the result of the security check I got the answer that this decision is final and I can not

    I wrote to the higher department of the "Escalation Management Team" they answered the same: 

    "I hope that this email finds you well. My sincere apologies for any frustration or inconvenience which this issue may have caused to you. Having taken a look into your account, I can confirm that the account in question has been closed on business grounds. "

     

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    My account was closed by Betfair security as a result of check without the right to a refund money(on my account was more than 32k EURO).

    For the first time when I tried to log-in the account on August 21 I saw a message:«Access to this account is denied - this account has been closed. Please contact us if you have any questions». When I saw this message, I naturally started contacting with the live support and wrote to the email. I received a response that my account is being verified.

    Next day, August 22, I turned to the Russian-speaking support by email to find out the deadlines of the verification 

    On the same day I receive an answer. They said that I must to send them a documents like passport, skrill screenshot and proof of the living-address.

    and I have sent it and asked What is the reason of the closing my account and Is using VPN legal

     The next day I got an answer : «Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience, this is a periodic check.. Using VPN and Proxy is contrary to our rules and regulations, but for players from Russia we make concessions and do not prohibit using our site in this way.»

    answered: I understand, thank you very much. I will wait for the result.

    The next day - August 24, I received a response from the security service regarding verification. They asked to change a format of the photo from HEIC to Jpeg or pdf.

    The most interesting begin from this moment : documents were sent on August 24. Average verifying time is 72 hours : «Verifying your account: Average Time to answer is 72 hours». 

    Two days has passed, I began to write in live chat…. They apologized for the delay and wrote that they are needed more time 

    The next day, I called directly to the English-speaking support - they said that all of the documents were accepted except the utility bill and they needed more time.

    Then, on August 28, I wrote again for Russian-language support and try to find out if everything is fine and when my account be unlocked 

    I have not got a reply to this message, I waited a couple of days before August 30 and wrote to Russian-speaking live support  

    She sent a request to update the data to security department. She said that they will answer me during the day on email.

    So, I did not get an answer and August 31 I wrote to Russian-speaking live support again.

    She wrote that my account is closed and I can not withdraw my money! Also they will not tell me the reason.

    +letter which is confirming the closing my account: "We are sorry to inform you that your account with Betfair has been closed. This decision has been made by our department on business grounds and in line with our terms and conditions."

     On possibility to dispute this decision, money back or receiving the result of the security check I got the answer that this decision is final and I can not

    I wrote to the higher department of the "Escalation Management Team" they answered the same: 

    "I hope that this email finds you well. My sincere apologies for any frustration or inconvenience which this issue may have caused to you. Having taken a look into your account, I can confirm that the account in question has been closed on business grounds. "

     

     
    AirSide
    AirSide
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2019
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2019 - 4:45 AM ET #2

    (sorry for my English I am not native speaker)

    Full "Escalation Management Team" answer

    I wrote to the higher department of the "Escalation Management Team" they answered the same: 

    "I hope that this email finds you well. My sincere apologies for any frustration or inconvenience which this issue may have caused to you. Having taken a look into your account, I can confirm that the account in question has been closed on business grounds. This is in line with the terms and conditions which were agreed to when the account was created. As the account has been closed on business grounds, all funds held on the account at the time of closure will be retained. Please see below for the relevant terms and conditions: Either we or you may suspend or terminate your account at any time, either with or without cause, upon notice (we will use our reasonable endeavours to give such notice to you either before or after suspending or terminating your account). Please contact the Betfair Helpdesk if you would like to close your account. Following termination or suspension of your account, the Trustee will, in the normal course of events, return any funds in your account to you in accordance with the Trust Deed. However, we reserve the right to notify the Trustee to withhold the funds in your account from you pending the determination of any investigation (including any relevant external investigation) where: We suspect you have acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement relevant to your activities on our site, including where we suspect the account has been linked with fraudulent or dishonest activity; and/or We have to notify the Trustee to withhold the funds in your account by law or to comply with any advice, request or instruction from any governmental, regulatory or enforcement authority. Following the determination of any such investigation we reserve the right to seize some or all of the funds in your account (by notifying the Trustee that the funds in your account should be released to us) if we are satisfied that you have acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement relevant to your activities on our site. We will deal with any funds obtained by us in this manner at our sole and absolute discretion and/or in accordance with any advice, request or instruction from any governmental, regulatory or enforcement authority. I fully appreciate that this is not the response which you were hoping to receive, however form our end, there is nothing further which we can do as this decision is final. Thanks, Christian Betfair Customer Service Management"

    Reply

    (sorry for my English I am not native speaker)

    Full "Escalation Management Team" answer

    I wrote to the higher department of the "Escalation Management Team" they answered the same: 

    "I hope that this email finds you well. My sincere apologies for any frustration or inconvenience which this issue may have caused to you. Having taken a look into your account, I can confirm that the account in question has been closed on business grounds. This is in line with the terms and conditions which were agreed to when the account was created. As the account has been closed on business grounds, all funds held on the account at the time of closure will be retained. Please see below for the relevant terms and conditions: Either we or you may suspend or terminate your account at any time, either with or without cause, upon notice (we will use our reasonable endeavours to give such notice to you either before or after suspending or terminating your account). Please contact the Betfair Helpdesk if you would like to close your account. Following termination or suspension of your account, the Trustee will, in the normal course of events, return any funds in your account to you in accordance with the Trust Deed. However, we reserve the right to notify the Trustee to withhold the funds in your account from you pending the determination of any investigation (including any relevant external investigation) where: We suspect you have acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement relevant to your activities on our site, including where we suspect the account has been linked with fraudulent or dishonest activity; and/or We have to notify the Trustee to withhold the funds in your account by law or to comply with any advice, request or instruction from any governmental, regulatory or enforcement authority. Following the determination of any such investigation we reserve the right to seize some or all of the funds in your account (by notifying the Trustee that the funds in your account should be released to us) if we are satisfied that you have acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement relevant to your activities on our site. We will deal with any funds obtained by us in this manner at our sole and absolute discretion and/or in accordance with any advice, request or instruction from any governmental, regulatory or enforcement authority. I fully appreciate that this is not the response which you were hoping to receive, however form our end, there is nothing further which we can do as this decision is final. Thanks, Christian Betfair Customer Service Management"

     
    AirSide
    AirSide
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2019
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2019 - 4:48 AM ET #3

    I will try to back my money from account because I didn't do anything illegal

    I really need your support guys, any ideas what can be done 

     

    p.s. I wanted to provide screenshots of conversations, but this is not possible here

    Reply

    I will try to back my money from account because I didn't do anything illegal

    I really need your support guys, any ideas what can be done 

     

    p.s. I wanted to provide screenshots of conversations, but this is not possible here

     
    EuroPro
    EuroPro
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 5110
    Posted: Sep. 19, 2019 - 10:42 PM ET #4

    use sbrforum for help, use 5dimes or pinnacle man. fuk betfair

    Reply

    use sbrforum for help, use 5dimes or pinnacle man. fuk betfair

     
    MIZUNO22
    MIZUNO22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 648
    Posted: Sep. 20, 2019 - 11:38 PM ET #5

    therx.com used to assist with disputes an_smash

    Reply

    therx.com used to assist with disputes an_smash

     
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 21, 2019 - 5:36 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by EuroPro:

    use sbrforum for help, use 5dimes or pinnacle man. fuk betfair



    SBR rates Betfair an A.  That doesn't mean much because SBR was still rating BetIslands highly and still defending them right up until the time they folded and stole everybody's money a few years back.

    But I guess it couldn't hurt to file a complaint with SBR.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroPro:

    use sbrforum for help, use 5dimes or pinnacle man. fuk betfair



    SBR rates Betfair an A.  That doesn't mean much because SBR was still rating BetIslands highly and still defending them right up until the time they folded and stole everybody's money a few years back.

    But I guess it couldn't hurt to file a complaint with SBR.
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,885
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 444
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,600
    • MLB Playoffs 16,911
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,195
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,245
    • Week 6 Money 5,607
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,147

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.