• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Auto Mechanics

    TheGoldenGoose
    idle_havoc
    666LES
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Crusher13
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1011
    Posts: 8
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Aug. 13, 2015 - 11:13 AM ET #1


    If you can find an honest one, hang onto him, it's better than gold.

    Mine got pizzed at me because I had to use that "fix-a-flat" foam sh!t.

    Had a nail in my tire... no choice. 

    $100 tow or a $7 can.  A no-brainer.

    Anyway, he opened up the rim and got blasted with this dried up blue sh!t and gave me hell for using the stuff.

    bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    If you can find an honest one, hang onto him, it's better than gold.

    Mine got pizzed at me because I had to use that "fix-a-flat" foam sh!t.

    Had a nail in my tire... no choice. 

    $100 tow or a $7 can.  A no-brainer.

    Anyway, he opened up the rim and got blasted with this dried up blue sh!t and gave me hell for using the stuff.

    bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha
     
    idle_havoc
    idle_havoc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 4518
    Posted: Aug. 13, 2015 - 1:40 PM ET #2

    Been going to same mechanic for over 20 years now, he owns his own 4 bay shop and and has a couple other dependable guys working for him, this guy's not only good but honest too. A number of years ago I owned a little shiitbox car for a grocery getter, one winter the heater burned out so I booked an appointment to get it replaced. I dropped the car off the night before like I usually do and waited the next day to pick it up when it was done, well the next morning around 9:00am  he calls me to tell me that the heater is on a recall list and I should pick up the car and take it to the Ford dealer and they will replace it free of charge, so I picked up the carand he gave me the paper work to show dealer about recall and didn't bill me at all for looking at the car. I was rather impressed with what he done and it made me think how many other shops would just replaced the heater and billed me without making me aware of the recall
     you're right Goose,When you find a good and honest mechanic, keep them
    Gotta go pee!
    Reply
    Been going to same mechanic for over 20 years now, he owns his own 4 bay shop and and has a couple other dependable guys working for him, this guy's not only good but honest too. A number of years ago I owned a little shiitbox car for a grocery getter, one winter the heater burned out so I booked an appointment to get it replaced. I dropped the car off the night before like I usually do and waited the next day to pick it up when it was done, well the next morning around 9:00am  he calls me to tell me that the heater is on a recall list and I should pick up the car and take it to the Ford dealer and they will replace it free of charge, so I picked up the carand he gave me the paper work to show dealer about recall and didn't bill me at all for looking at the car. I was rather impressed with what he done and it made me think how many other shops would just replaced the heater and billed me without making me aware of the recall
     you're right Goose,When you find a good and honest mechanic, keep them
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Aug. 13, 2015 - 2:24 PM ET #3


    I went in for brake linings and he told me I could get another 5K out of them and said come back in three months.  How many guys would just do the work and whack you an outrageous price?


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    I went in for brake linings and he told me I could get another 5K out of them and said come back in three months.  How many guys would just do the work and whack you an outrageous price?


     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Aug. 13, 2015 - 3:45 PM ET #4

    Went to my favorite place a couple weeks ago,needed some brake work.No reservations so I got there just as they were opening in the morning cause they get busy fast.What I noticed was that 1 of the mechanics rolled in with a loaded brand new Corvette. He can spend his paycheck how ever he wants but it made me notice.
    I also noticed when 1 of the workers at the small town post office I live in bought a brand new Corvette. This is an extravagent car and I usually judge that the owner has an excess of $.
    Reply
    Went to my favorite place a couple weeks ago,needed some brake work.No reservations so I got there just as they were opening in the morning cause they get busy fast.What I noticed was that 1 of the mechanics rolled in with a loaded brand new Corvette. He can spend his paycheck how ever he wants but it made me notice.
    I also noticed when 1 of the workers at the small town post office I live in bought a brand new Corvette. This is an extravagent car and I usually judge that the owner has an excess of $.
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Aug. 13, 2015 - 8:28 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    I went in for brake linings and he told me I could get another 5K out of them and said come back in three months.  How many guys would just do the work and whack you an outrageous price?


    Goose - The place I go to is a little shop that's been family owned since like 1964, and everybody local knows about it, and knows that's where you take your car...... The "Grandpa" still comes in daily, the son and son-in-law and one of their sons are the chief mechanics, the daughter is the receptionist, I've known them for years, and it's so close to my house that I can take my car there to get it worked on, leave it, and I can walk my dog back to my house!!

    All of my friends and family are jealous, and I've actually had some of them bring their cars over to them and then stay the night at our house to get work done.......

    My wife and I have contemplated moving - but even beyond the neighborhood being great, this is also one of the primary reasons we haven't.....

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    I went in for brake linings and he told me I could get another 5K out of them and said come back in three months.  How many guys would just do the work and whack you an outrageous price?


    Goose - The place I go to is a little shop that's been family owned since like 1964, and everybody local knows about it, and knows that's where you take your car...... The "Grandpa" still comes in daily, the son and son-in-law and one of their sons are the chief mechanics, the daughter is the receptionist, I've known them for years, and it's so close to my house that I can take my car there to get it worked on, leave it, and I can walk my dog back to my house!!

    All of my friends and family are jealous, and I've actually had some of them bring their cars over to them and then stay the night at our house to get work done.......

    My wife and I have contemplated moving - but even beyond the neighborhood being great, this is also one of the primary reasons we haven't.....

     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8067
    Posted: Aug. 13, 2015 - 9:58 PM ET #6

    GG, mechanics are the BIGGEST rip off artists around...Good luck finding a trustworthy one...even then...they still bend you over...

    That's why I rent cars...even now they don't even come with a spare tire Good luck....

    Reply

    GG, mechanics are the BIGGEST rip off artists around...Good luck finding a trustworthy one...even then...they still bend you over...

    That's why I rent cars...even now they don't even come with a spare tire Good luck....

     
    bizkilla
    bizkilla
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 1725
    Posted: Aug. 13, 2015 - 10:52 PM ET #7

    I never thought I'd say this but my dealership, earl Stewart Toyota of north palm beach is the most impressive I've ever encountered. I have bought 3 cars from him because of how they do business. 
    For example if you get your tires rotated and oil change ( about $40 with coupon) you get free tires and batteries for life.those rotations add up but for christs sake, never a bill for tires, that's nice.
    They're always good on " hey you can squeeze another 5-10k miles before you actually need this. "
    When the auto was in an accident, his body shop people beat the crap out of the oppositions insurance party, buying the most expensive Toyota parts and refusing aftermarket garbage. I liked that.

    I think the mechanics have realized it's better to retain customers by treating them right as apposed to snake tactics. Then again business is business and sometimes it's not as good as it seems.

    Reply
    I never thought I'd say this but my dealership, earl Stewart Toyota of north palm beach is the most impressive I've ever encountered. I have bought 3 cars from him because of how they do business. 
    For example if you get your tires rotated and oil change ( about $40 with coupon) you get free tires and batteries for life.those rotations add up but for christs sake, never a bill for tires, that's nice.
    They're always good on " hey you can squeeze another 5-10k miles before you actually need this. "
    When the auto was in an accident, his body shop people beat the crap out of the oppositions insurance party, buying the most expensive Toyota parts and refusing aftermarket garbage. I liked that.

    I think the mechanics have realized it's better to retain customers by treating them right as apposed to snake tactics. Then again business is business and sometimes it's not as good as it seems.

     
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2015 - 6:19 AM ET #8

    I had n Edge a few years back and the A/C wasn't blowing full force (air was cold, but the flow was almost nil).  Went to the dealer and they told me there was a problem with the duct work....about a grand in labor to pull it all apart and fix it). Went to local joint for small part and asked a mechanic about the problem. Hello kid at it and cleaned out the cabin air filter....took about a5 minute job...a common problem I have come to learn. Problem solved. No charge. I bought him a 12 pack for his trouble and now go there for service. 

    I like businesses who take a long term approach when working with their customers. 
    Reply
    I had n Edge a few years back and the A/C wasn't blowing full force (air was cold, but the flow was almost nil).  Went to the dealer and they told me there was a problem with the duct work....about a grand in labor to pull it all apart and fix it). Went to local joint for small part and asked a mechanic about the problem. Hello kid at it and cleaned out the cabin air filter....took about a5 minute job...a common problem I have come to learn. Problem solved. No charge. I bought him a 12 pack for his trouble and now go there for service. 

    I like businesses who take a long term approach when working with their customers. 
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,901
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 437
    • PART DEUX 163
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 848
    • Week 6 Money 8,589
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,298
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,265

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.