Attention re: PATENT Law , anyone who knows this sort of thing or has experience.
Cheers All ! Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and Happy New Years ! Most of you probably won't remember me ,.. been in and out over the years but I still remember this place and how it used to be hilarious all the time. Anyway ......
I was wondering if one can get a patent on something as simple as changing the colorof a product that's already out there ( been out there for many years in fact) . I was thinking along the lines of changing the color and/or making my own of this simple product with my own unique color.
-- The product would be really cheap with value and/or stylish and a little more expensive.
-- Most People woudn't (I think) bother trying the product out in the first place unless it were this specific color.
-- I already checked out most places and they don't make this product in this color. (Amazon, E-Bay, etc.....)
I just wanted to know if I can put a patent on this because I know for myself that I wanted this product for myself and was reluctant to try it out based on what I just mentioned. (regarding the color)
IIRC there were a couple of good, decent lawyers ( ? ) here in covers. A friend of mine here in Covers (dam' n I can't remember his name) got me hooked on chess a few years ago and IIRC I think he was a lawyer also.
Thanks a million ahead of time for your thoughts and advice.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Attention re: PATENT Law , anyone who knows this sort of thing or has experience.
Cheers All ! Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and Happy New Years ! Most of you probably won't remember me ,.. been in and out over the years but I still remember this place and how it used to be hilarious all the time. Anyway ......
I was wondering if one can get a patent on something as simple as changing the colorof a product that's already out there ( been out there for many years in fact) . I was thinking along the lines of changing the color and/or making my own of this simple product with my own unique color.
-- The product would be really cheap with value and/or stylish and a little more expensive.
-- Most People woudn't (I think) bother trying the product out in the first place unless it were this specific color.
-- I already checked out most places and they don't make this product in this color. (Amazon, E-Bay, etc.....)
I just wanted to know if I can put a patent on this because I know for myself that I wanted this product for myself and was reluctant to try it out based on what I just mentioned. (regarding the color)
IIRC there were a couple of good, decent lawyers ( ? ) here in covers. A friend of mine here in Covers (dam' n I can't remember his name) got me hooked on chess a few years ago and IIRC I think he was a lawyer also.
Thanks a million ahead of time for your thoughts and advice.
Hate to say it, but it all depends upon the wording in the original patent. You need to pull up the patent application/approval and peruse the fine print. I patented a plant species many years ago and was surprised at the work needed to be done. Expensive and time consuming. Best left to an attorney. Realize that most US patents are valid for only 20 years. If this product was patented over 20 years ago, it is yours to embellish upon.
Quote Originally Posted by HockeyTeeth:
White hockey puck?
Hate to say it, but it all depends upon the wording in the original patent. You need to pull up the patent application/approval and peruse the fine print. I patented a plant species many years ago and was surprised at the work needed to be done. Expensive and time consuming. Best left to an attorney. Realize that most US patents are valid for only 20 years. If this product was patented over 20 years ago, it is yours to embellish upon.
I'm amazed no one has thought of this idea yet. I was always assuming someone had to have tried it yet there is no product out there in this color.
20 years isn't too bad. I wasn't expecting to get rich quick and retire , just to cover a market that's not there and see what happens. This product, if worn with the colors that they have now implies that you're a pro or really good at something but many people don't want to seem pretentious so they don't even try it out. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try but if it's too much work and I don't like the odds, then I'll just drop it. Thanks again.
-------------------------------------------
Cheers to All and a Happy and Safe New Years to You and your families !
Quote Originally Posted by HockeyTeeth:
White hockey puck?
Thanks a million Getty3.
I'm amazed no one has thought of this idea yet. I was always assuming someone had to have tried it yet there is no product out there in this color.
20 years isn't too bad. I wasn't expecting to get rich quick and retire , just to cover a market that's not there and see what happens. This product, if worn with the colors that they have now implies that you're a pro or really good at something but many people don't want to seem pretentious so they don't even try it out. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try but if it's too much work and I don't like the odds, then I'll just drop it. Thanks again.
-------------------------------------------
Cheers to All and a Happy and Safe New Years to You and your families !