• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    At 335p PST Vegas hit 117. Death Valley 130 yesterday...

    lennon65
    UNIMAN
    mrusso
    666LES
    Fa1
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 165
    Posts: 11
     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2021 - 7:05 PM ET #1

    And the record for Death Valley is 134. May reach that.

    I believe the record for Vegas is 117.

    Back in 2013 we had a stretch of 113 -115 for 7 straight days.

    God Bless the workers that work Outside

    peace_5

    peace

     

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    And the record for Death Valley is 134. May reach that.

    I believe the record for Vegas is 117.

    Back in 2013 we had a stretch of 113 -115 for 7 straight days.

    God Bless the workers that work Outside

    peace_5

    peace

     

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2021 - 11:06 PM ET #2

    Vegas has reached 117 in 1942, 2005, 2013, and 2017.  

    I was close to Vegas (few miles from) in 2013 and 2017, both times where I was at it was about 119 or more. Worked outdoors too!!! 

    Mid July and August are called "monsoon season" in the Vegas Valley. Moist Gulf of Mexico air moves eastwardly towards the area bringing some thunderstorms and high humidity. Today and tomorrow I see low humidity, 16%. The high humidity in monsoon season and over 100 is horrible!!!!

    The dry heat can sneak up on you. First month I was there had to spend a whole day in the desert sampling water wells. After 6 hours it was getting to me, even with lots of water and shade. Don't realize how much your sweating until you enter an air conditioned vehicle or room. Then your soaking wet.

    Where I'm at now it was -20 this past winter. an_roll_laugh One extreme to the other!!!

     

    Reply

    Vegas has reached 117 in 1942, 2005, 2013, and 2017.  

    I was close to Vegas (few miles from) in 2013 and 2017, both times where I was at it was about 119 or more. Worked outdoors too!!! 

    Mid July and August are called "monsoon season" in the Vegas Valley. Moist Gulf of Mexico air moves eastwardly towards the area bringing some thunderstorms and high humidity. Today and tomorrow I see low humidity, 16%. The high humidity in monsoon season and over 100 is horrible!!!!

    The dry heat can sneak up on you. First month I was there had to spend a whole day in the desert sampling water wells. After 6 hours it was getting to me, even with lots of water and shade. Don't realize how much your sweating until you enter an air conditioned vehicle or room. Then your soaking wet.

    Where I'm at now it was -20 this past winter. an_roll_laugh One extreme to the other!!!

     

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2021 - 11:06 PM ET #3

    Vegas has reached 117 in 1942, 2005, 2013, and 2017.  

    I was close to Vegas (few miles from) in 2013 and 2017, both times where I was at it was about 119 or more. Worked outdoors too!!! 

    Mid July and August are called "monsoon season" in the Vegas Valley. Moist Gulf of Mexico air moves eastwardly towards the area bringing some thunderstorms and high humidity. Today and tomorrow I see low humidity, 16%. The high humidity in monsoon season and over 100 is horrible!!!!

    The dry heat can sneak up on you. First month I was there had to spend a whole day in the desert sampling water wells. After 6 hours it was getting to me, even with lots of water and shade. Don't realize how much your sweating until you enter an air conditioned vehicle or room. Then your soaking wet.

    Where I'm at now it was -20 this past winter. an_roll_laugh One extreme to the other!!!

     

    Reply

    Vegas has reached 117 in 1942, 2005, 2013, and 2017.  

    I was close to Vegas (few miles from) in 2013 and 2017, both times where I was at it was about 119 or more. Worked outdoors too!!! 

    Mid July and August are called "monsoon season" in the Vegas Valley. Moist Gulf of Mexico air moves eastwardly towards the area bringing some thunderstorms and high humidity. Today and tomorrow I see low humidity, 16%. The high humidity in monsoon season and over 100 is horrible!!!!

    The dry heat can sneak up on you. First month I was there had to spend a whole day in the desert sampling water wells. After 6 hours it was getting to me, even with lots of water and shade. Don't realize how much your sweating until you enter an air conditioned vehicle or room. Then your soaking wet.

    Where I'm at now it was -20 this past winter. an_roll_laugh One extreme to the other!!!

     

     
    mrusso
    mrusso
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 11980
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2021 - 11:12 PM ET #4

    I remember many moons ago driving back to Nellis AFB, N. Las Vegas, in the summer, July or August, 120+. As I entered Death Valley there's a warning sign, "Cars are prone to overheat." I know I didn't get 20 more miles and my little Datsun overheated AND blew a head gasket, didn't even know what that was at the time. Promised myself I would NEVER drive thru DV again, and I haven't!

    "I'm afraid all we may have done is awakened a sleeping giant."
    Reply

    I remember many moons ago driving back to Nellis AFB, N. Las Vegas, in the summer, July or August, 120+. As I entered Death Valley there's a warning sign, "Cars are prone to overheat." I know I didn't get 20 more miles and my little Datsun overheated AND blew a head gasket, didn't even know what that was at the time. Promised myself I would NEVER drive thru DV again, and I haven't!

     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2021 - 12:35 PM ET #5

    @UNIMAN

     i remember the 2013 extreme heat wave. My AC Unit went caput and it took the Repair Men 5 days to get to us. it was brutal. Rented a temporary Portable ac unit and what sucked about that was you had to stick the exhaust hose out the open window which basically defeated the purpose.

    peace

    Reply

    @UNIMAN

     i remember the 2013 extreme heat wave. My AC Unit went caput and it took the Repair Men 5 days to get to us. it was brutal. Rented a temporary Portable ac unit and what sucked about that was you had to stick the exhaust hose out the open window which basically defeated the purpose.

    peace

     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2021 - 3:10 PM ET #6

    I lived in Vegas in the 80's and 117 was a good day because it didn't hit 120s. Don't matter 117 or 137 If you were smart you would think like a lizard and crawl under a rock from 10-4. If you were in Vegas in July you would placate yourself in the fact that you weren't in Phoenix.

    Reply

    I lived in Vegas in the 80's and 117 was a good day because it didn't hit 120s. Don't matter 117 or 137 If you were smart you would think like a lizard and crawl under a rock from 10-4. If you were in Vegas in July you would placate yourself in the fact that you weren't in Phoenix.

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2021 - 5:23 PM ET #7

    @mrusso

     There is a large hill called Union Pass on interstate 68 leaving Bullhead City AZ. All along the rise there are gallon jugs of water on the guardrails left there by volunteers. Great People!!! First time I saw the jugs I kept watching my temp gauge on the car!!

    https://apnews.com/article/dc324df06a1e424a9aae185c11c699c9

    @lennon65

     When I was 14 parents took me to Calif. from Mich. via I-80 (north route). Came back through Needles CA. Stopped to get oil changed. Stepped out of air conditioned car and thought I was going to die!! It was 114. How those guys in that open garage could change oil on such a hot day was amazing to me. We had a buick with no a/c. So my father took it to Sears auto center before the trip and they installed an aftermarket unit that hung down below the dash on the passanger side. Worked great.

    Reply

    @mrusso

     There is a large hill called Union Pass on interstate 68 leaving Bullhead City AZ. All along the rise there are gallon jugs of water on the guardrails left there by volunteers. Great People!!! First time I saw the jugs I kept watching my temp gauge on the car!!

    https://apnews.com/article/dc324df06a1e424a9aae185c11c699c9

    @lennon65

     When I was 14 parents took me to Calif. from Mich. via I-80 (north route). Came back through Needles CA. Stopped to get oil changed. Stepped out of air conditioned car and thought I was going to die!! It was 114. How those guys in that open garage could change oil on such a hot day was amazing to me. We had a buick with no a/c. So my father took it to Sears auto center before the trip and they installed an aftermarket unit that hung down below the dash on the passanger side. Worked great.

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2021 - 5:35 PM ET #8

    @666LES

    Vegas;

     Just letting the dog out to pee I had to carry her over the sidewalk to a small patch of sod. Sidewalks would burn feet, dogs or people.

    Sun shades for your car an absolute must. Remember a day I took mine out of the truck and forgot it next day when I went to work. No covered parking. When I got off work had to use rags on my steering wheel for several miles until the a/c cooled it. Freaking hot!!! Always had to fast touch door handles in the middle of the day to make sure they won't burn you.

    Any dark covered object like elect. panels, sprinkler controls, etc., either had scorpions or black widow spiders or both. Crazy shit.

    Reply

    @666LES

    Vegas;

     Just letting the dog out to pee I had to carry her over the sidewalk to a small patch of sod. Sidewalks would burn feet, dogs or people.

    Sun shades for your car an absolute must. Remember a day I took mine out of the truck and forgot it next day when I went to work. No covered parking. When I got off work had to use rags on my steering wheel for several miles until the a/c cooled it. Freaking hot!!! Always had to fast touch door handles in the middle of the day to make sure they won't burn you.

    Any dark covered object like elect. panels, sprinkler controls, etc., either had scorpions or black widow spiders or both. Crazy shit.

     
    Fa1
    Fa1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2021
    Posts: 28
    Posted: Jul. 18, 2021 - 6:44 PM ET #9

    During the start of covid I went flight booking crazy due to prices glad vegas wasn't booked to hot to go.

    Reply

    During the start of covid I went flight booking crazy due to prices glad vegas wasn't booked to hot to go.

     
    warrenator
    warrenator
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 8538
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2021 - 12:16 AM ET #10

    Dont worry though, when it turns winter and snows James Inhofe the Senator from Oklahoma will throw a snowball on the Senate floor to prove global warming is fake news

    Reply

    Dont worry though, when it turns winter and snows James Inhofe the Senator from Oklahoma will throw a snowball on the Senate floor to prove global warming is fake news

     
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2021 - 9:05 AM ET #11

    @warrenator

     an_roll_laugh

    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    @warrenator

     an_roll_laugh

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,865
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 441
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,594
    • MLB Playoffs 16,855
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,170
    • PART DEUX 134
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,446
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,236
    • Wednesday 2,837

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.