• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Are you going to the World Cup?

    MegaPari
    spockgato
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Fuse
    mr_bollox
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 223
    Posts: 8
     
    MegaPari
    MegaPari
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2022 - 5:55 AM ET #1

    The 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar is almost here. This year's edition will be the first tournament hosted in the Middle East. 
    Before the players take the pitch, their managers select their squads for the tournament in Qatar. The first deadline for the expanded preliminary squad list is Friday, October 21.
    The question is: are you going to the World Cup in Qatar? What player do you personally want to see on the soccer field? 

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    The 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar is almost here. This year's edition will be the first tournament hosted in the Middle East. 
    Before the players take the pitch, their managers select their squads for the tournament in Qatar. The first deadline for the expanded preliminary squad list is Friday, October 21.
    The question is: are you going to the World Cup in Qatar? What player do you personally want to see on the soccer field? 

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2022 - 9:25 AM ET #2

    I’m not gonna go . I decided against it . but I make waaaaaaay more than 40 dollars an hour , so if I chose to , I in fact , could go ……easily

    but I’m not . it just doesn’t really touch the super beeping on my radar . I’d rather spend my money and time on more important things .

    like family , and making a difference in people’s lives ……

    plus calligraphy also , and cleaning that hard to reach area between the sink and the dishwashing machine , that too…..

    shit , I’ll even take the time to assort all of the leaves that have fallen from the trees in my spacious backyard into color coded piles…….

    I’m a hard worker . I go through the painstaking process of separating all of the reds , yellows , and browns , and even make a special grouping for those super rare combination ones that exhibit the qualities of having many different hues…..

    then I invite the neighborhood kids over and give them an impromptu class on the evils of discrimination , prejudice , and racism , even going as far as touching on the subject of world war 2 and the nazi regime’s disgusting attempts at world domination……

    long story short , by the end of my soliloquy , I have the full attention and confidence of all those little rugrats in attendance , without even one finger having entered a nostril to pick a booger , or one butt being scratched……

    yes like Tupac , it’s All Eyez on Me …..

    and what do I do with all of those piles of segregated leaves afterwards ?

    I’m glad that you asked . I put them all together . and mix them up . into a majestic mountain of multi-colored peace and harmony , just as our world should be , and let the kids have at it , by playing , jumping and laughing all in that son of a bitch ….

    I like to do my part . by teaching the right things , but also making it fun in the process . and this one is not bragging , it’s just bonus points because : I also saved all the parents of these kids the struggle and heartache of having their children fuck up all the piles of collected leaves on their own lawns .

    no worries pal . I’ll just clean it all up again . I’m in great shape , I got this . It’s just a small example , or a microcosm of what I do everyday anyway , no matter the season ……

    fixing messes and people’s mistakes . maybe that’s why I make waaaaaaaaay more than 40 dollars an hour and can afford to go to the World Cup if I chose to , cuz the business that I’m in , is always busy , and never feels the sting of a recession……

    god bless and enjoy the matches ! and if you are one of those “ forza azzuri ! “ characters …

    better luck next time . maybe you’ll qualify for the next one …..

    and p.s. , I think it might be time to take that mario balotelli poster where he rips his shirt off  after scoring a goal off of the wall over your bed and stop living in the past ….. because it’s a new year , with new , endless , glorious possibilities…..

    god bless

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    I’m not gonna go . I decided against it . but I make waaaaaaay more than 40 dollars an hour , so if I chose to , I in fact , could go ……easily

    but I’m not . it just doesn’t really touch the super beeping on my radar . I’d rather spend my money and time on more important things .

    like family , and making a difference in people’s lives ……

    plus calligraphy also , and cleaning that hard to reach area between the sink and the dishwashing machine , that too…..

    shit , I’ll even take the time to assort all of the leaves that have fallen from the trees in my spacious backyard into color coded piles…….

    I’m a hard worker . I go through the painstaking process of separating all of the reds , yellows , and browns , and even make a special grouping for those super rare combination ones that exhibit the qualities of having many different hues…..

    then I invite the neighborhood kids over and give them an impromptu class on the evils of discrimination , prejudice , and racism , even going as far as touching on the subject of world war 2 and the nazi regime’s disgusting attempts at world domination……

    long story short , by the end of my soliloquy , I have the full attention and confidence of all those little rugrats in attendance , without even one finger having entered a nostril to pick a booger , or one butt being scratched……

    yes like Tupac , it’s All Eyez on Me …..

    and what do I do with all of those piles of segregated leaves afterwards ?

    I’m glad that you asked . I put them all together . and mix them up . into a majestic mountain of multi-colored peace and harmony , just as our world should be , and let the kids have at it , by playing , jumping and laughing all in that son of a bitch ….

    I like to do my part . by teaching the right things , but also making it fun in the process . and this one is not bragging , it’s just bonus points because : I also saved all the parents of these kids the struggle and heartache of having their children fuck up all the piles of collected leaves on their own lawns .

    no worries pal . I’ll just clean it all up again . I’m in great shape , I got this . It’s just a small example , or a microcosm of what I do everyday anyway , no matter the season ……

    fixing messes and people’s mistakes . maybe that’s why I make waaaaaaaaay more than 40 dollars an hour and can afford to go to the World Cup if I chose to , cuz the business that I’m in , is always busy , and never feels the sting of a recession……

    god bless and enjoy the matches ! and if you are one of those “ forza azzuri ! “ characters …

    better luck next time . maybe you’ll qualify for the next one …..

    and p.s. , I think it might be time to take that mario balotelli poster where he rips his shirt off  after scoring a goal off of the wall over your bed and stop living in the past ….. because it’s a new year , with new , endless , glorious possibilities…..

    god bless

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2022 - 11:07 AM ET #3

    No 

    I must say that I haven't been impressed with the countries chosen to host the last 4 World Cups (incl this one) namely Sth Africa, Brazil, Russia and Qatar ( ok Brazil deserved to host the WC in 2014 after 64 years since their last one) 

    Nothing against the countries or their people but from a European perspective (where most of the fans and teams are from) not easy or convenient countries to travel to 

    next one should be decent joint North American hosts win  definitely wouldn't mind a trip to that one in 4 years 

     

     

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    No 

    I must say that I haven't been impressed with the countries chosen to host the last 4 World Cups (incl this one) namely Sth Africa, Brazil, Russia and Qatar ( ok Brazil deserved to host the WC in 2014 after 64 years since their last one) 

    Nothing against the countries or their people but from a European perspective (where most of the fans and teams are from) not easy or convenient countries to travel to 

    next one should be decent joint North American hosts win  definitely wouldn't mind a trip to that one in 4 years 

     

     

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2022 - 11:13 AM ET #4

    another point is a lot of European cities are not having fanzones in protest over worker rights in Qatar 

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63132995

     

    who wants to stand in a town square in the middle of winter in the freezing cold watching a game anyways 

    an_laugh  Qatar the footballing hotbed of Asia  an_burn_money  

    could have been worse I guess , could have been Saudi Arabia as hosts 

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    another point is a lot of European cities are not having fanzones in protest over worker rights in Qatar 

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63132995

     

    who wants to stand in a town square in the middle of winter in the freezing cold watching a game anyways 

    an_laugh  Qatar the footballing hotbed of Asia  an_burn_money  

    could have been worse I guess , could have been Saudi Arabia as hosts 

     
    Fuse
    Fuse
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2016
    Posts: 84838
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2022 - 3:31 PM ET #5

    an_popcornpeaceclover

    Learn, be content and stay disciplined.
    Reply

    an_popcornpeaceclover

     
    MegaPari
    MegaPari
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2022 - 7:43 AM ET #6

    @I-Got-5-On-It

     I've been in Doha when the preparing to the World Cup has just begun. The most striking fact was that they took a part of the desert and turned it into a brand-new city with skyscrapers and stadiums. Maybe the tendency lays not on the territorial basis but on the countries' capability to build infrastructure out of nothing? 

    Reply

    @I-Got-5-On-It

     I've been in Doha when the preparing to the World Cup has just begun. The most striking fact was that they took a part of the desert and turned it into a brand-new city with skyscrapers and stadiums. Maybe the tendency lays not on the territorial basis but on the countries' capability to build infrastructure out of nothing? 

     
    mr_bollox
    mr_bollox
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 14400
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2022 - 2:36 PM ET #7

    @spockgato

     an_worshipan_roll_laugh

    Reply

    @spockgato

     an_worshipan_roll_laugh

     
     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2022 - 12:56 PM ET #8

    @ Mega Pari 

     

    are you in Qatar for the duration of the tournament ? are you still there now ?

     

    I heard you can't even get a beer at the stadiums now 

    you should swing by the soccer forum that's where the action is going to be an_soccerhead 

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    @ Mega Pari 

     

    are you in Qatar for the duration of the tournament ? are you still there now ?

     

    I heard you can't even get a beer at the stadiums now 

    you should swing by the soccer forum that's where the action is going to be an_soccerhead 

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,747
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,569
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 421
    • MLB Playoffs 15,678
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,064
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,356
    • Week 6 Money 5,343
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,212
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331
    • HarDix's Big Bet................. 5,493

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.