• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Any of you guys vacationed in Alaska ?

    Carpinteria
    Slobbasaurus
    Goggles-Pisano
    searchwarrant
    Johnzimbo34
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1597
    Posts: 23
     
    Carpinteria
    Carpinteria
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 6477
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 1:19 PM ET #1

    Planning a trip and debating between Hawaii and Alaska. I've been to Hawaii a few times already and never to Alaska. I have one friend telling me just go back to Hawaii and another telling me Alaska is just as unique and amazing as Hawaii in its way. I'm not a hunter or fisherman really but I am a huge scenic highway guy.


    Any of you guys been to Alaska? Thoughts?






    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Planning a trip and debating between Hawaii and Alaska. I've been to Hawaii a few times already and never to Alaska. I have one friend telling me just go back to Hawaii and another telling me Alaska is just as unique and amazing as Hawaii in its way. I'm not a hunter or fisherman really but I am a huge scenic highway guy.


    Any of you guys been to Alaska? Thoughts?






     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 1:30 PM ET #2

    Weird that I was thinking of this about a hour ago; Hawaii or Alaska.  

    I would like to fly to Seattle and do the Alaskan Cruise thing.  
    Reply
    Weird that I was thinking of this about a hour ago; Hawaii or Alaska.  

    I would like to fly to Seattle and do the Alaskan Cruise thing.  
     
    Goggles-Pisano
    Goggles-Pisano
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 2693
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 2:52 PM ET #3

    Planning a trip to Kodiak Island next June. Fishing, hiking and kayaking but fishing is not on your list. Doing a yellowstone and grand tetons trip this september, is that a possibility?
    Reply
    Planning a trip to Kodiak Island next June. Fishing, hiking and kayaking but fishing is not on your list. Doing a yellowstone and grand tetons trip this september, is that a possibility?
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 3:16 PM ET #4

    Alaska Cruise is known to be spectacular. 
    Reply
    Alaska Cruise is known to be spectacular. 
     
    Johnzimbo34
    Johnzimbo34
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 1299
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 3:47 PM ET #5

    Wife and I did a week cruise out of Seattle for our honeymoon, it was great though we went the last week of the season (late September) and the seas were ROUGH...they even skipped the last port of call Ketchikan because of the weather. Went whale watching in Juneau, that was cool.
    Reply
    Wife and I did a week cruise out of Seattle for our honeymoon, it was great though we went the last week of the season (late September) and the seas were ROUGH...they even skipped the last port of call Ketchikan because of the weather. Went whale watching in Juneau, that was cool.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 3:50 PM ET #6


    Cruise = Floating petri dish
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Cruise = Floating petri dish
     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 4:15 PM ET #7

    Everyone has their own comfort zone. Never been to Alaska and never will. I don't want cold water, ice, and altitude if I can help it.

    Give me Hawaii or my tropical Caribbean islands any time. And I grew up in a cold climate. Never again. 
    Reply
    Everyone has their own comfort zone. Never been to Alaska and never will. I don't want cold water, ice, and altitude if I can help it.

    Give me Hawaii or my tropical Caribbean islands any time. And I grew up in a cold climate. Never again. 
     
    1129ken
    1129ken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2674
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 10:44 PM ET #8

    Been to Alaska twice. Drove there from Boston and went camping back in '78. I don't go on cruise ships so my trips were mainly wildlife sightseeing ( you'll see plenty ), fishing ( caught a 45 lb King Salmon in the Kenai River ), and a couple of very spectacular visits to Denali National Park ( grizzlies, wolves and enormous moose ). Some pretty impressive glaciers too.

    Glad I went because I'd have been curious about it if I hadn't. It is really apples/oranges in comparison to Hawaii. That said, if I had to choose, I'd go back to Hawaii ( been there twice as well ).  
    Reply
    Been to Alaska twice. Drove there from Boston and went camping back in '78. I don't go on cruise ships so my trips were mainly wildlife sightseeing ( you'll see plenty ), fishing ( caught a 45 lb King Salmon in the Kenai River ), and a couple of very spectacular visits to Denali National Park ( grizzlies, wolves and enormous moose ). Some pretty impressive glaciers too.

    Glad I went because I'd have been curious about it if I hadn't. It is really apples/oranges in comparison to Hawaii. That said, if I had to choose, I'd go back to Hawaii ( been there twice as well ).  
     
    EuroPro
    EuroPro
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 5110
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 12:13 AM ET #9

    id rather jump off a cliff
    Reply
    id rather jump off a cliff
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 1:42 AM ET #10

    [Quote: Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose]
    Cruise = Floating petri dish
    [/Quote

    Not in Alaska brother goose. Seattle born an bred. Ya don't just head up there and expect to see the bears, streams,mountains, and other spectacular sights unless you're dialed and ready to be uncomfortable.. This guy isn't a hunter, or fisherman or a camper or some rugged outdoorsman because that's pretty much what it takes to tackle that place.
    Get on the boat.
    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose]
    Cruise = Floating petri dish
    [/Quote

    Not in Alaska brother goose. Seattle born an bred. Ya don't just head up there and expect to see the bears, streams,mountains, and other spectacular sights unless you're dialed and ready to be uncomfortable.. This guy isn't a hunter, or fisherman or a camper or some rugged outdoorsman because that's pretty much what it takes to tackle that place.
    Get on the boat.
     
    1129ken
    1129ken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2674
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 8:49 AM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by EuroPro:

    id rather jump off a cliff


    Plenty of opportunity for that at the national park.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroPro:

    id rather jump off a cliff


    Plenty of opportunity for that at the national park.
     
    ClubDirt
    ClubDirt
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 28196
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 1:42 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:

    Been to Alaska twice. Drove there from Boston and went camping back in '78. I don't go on cruise ships so my trips were mainly wildlife sightseeing ( you'll see plenty ), fishing ( caught a 45 lb King Salmon in the Kenai River ), and a couple of very spectacular visits to Denali National Park ( grizzlies, wolves and enormous moose ). Some pretty impressive glaciers too.

    Glad I went because I'd have been curious about it if I hadn't. It is really apples/oranges in comparison to Hawaii. That said, if I had to choose, I'd go back to Hawaii ( been there twice as well ).  


    damn, you've taken some nice trips.  maybe this is you:

    https://www.menshealth.com/sites/menshealth.com/files/most-interesting-man-Goldsmith.jpg
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:

    Been to Alaska twice. Drove there from Boston and went camping back in '78. I don't go on cruise ships so my trips were mainly wildlife sightseeing ( you'll see plenty ), fishing ( caught a 45 lb King Salmon in the Kenai River ), and a couple of very spectacular visits to Denali National Park ( grizzlies, wolves and enormous moose ). Some pretty impressive glaciers too.

    Glad I went because I'd have been curious about it if I hadn't. It is really apples/oranges in comparison to Hawaii. That said, if I had to choose, I'd go back to Hawaii ( been there twice as well ).  


    damn, you've taken some nice trips.  maybe this is you:

    https://www.menshealth.com/sites/menshealth.com/files/most-interesting-man-Goldsmith.jpg
     
    1129ken
    1129ken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2674
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 5:33 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by ClubDirt:



    damn, you've taken some nice trips.  maybe this is you:

    https://www.menshealth.com/sites/menshealth.com/files/most-interesting-man-Goldsmith.jpg


    Club--Funny. I liked those Dos Equis' commercials. They were clever--e.g. " He can speak French.....in Russian." Another----"He once went to a psychic....to warn her."

    I'm guessing from time to time we all wish we were that Dos Equis guy. For sure, that's not me. I'm lucky my ( now ex ) wife and daughter dragged me off the football couch to do some  interesting travel. My idea of a good trip is Saratoga, which I'm doing next month.

    For an interesting list of the clever Dos Equis' lines, check out:

    www.livin3.com/100-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-quotes

    "He once brought a knife to a gunfight.....just to even the odds."



     
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ClubDirt:



    damn, you've taken some nice trips.  maybe this is you:

    https://www.menshealth.com/sites/menshealth.com/files/most-interesting-man-Goldsmith.jpg


    Club--Funny. I liked those Dos Equis' commercials. They were clever--e.g. " He can speak French.....in Russian." Another----"He once went to a psychic....to warn her."

    I'm guessing from time to time we all wish we were that Dos Equis guy. For sure, that's not me. I'm lucky my ( now ex ) wife and daughter dragged me off the football couch to do some  interesting travel. My idea of a good trip is Saratoga, which I'm doing next month.

    For an interesting list of the clever Dos Equis' lines, check out:

    www.livin3.com/100-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-quotes

    "He once brought a knife to a gunfight.....just to even the odds."



     
     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 5:54 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:



    Club--Funny. I liked those Dos Equis' commercials. They were clever--e.g. " He can speak French.....in Russian." Another----"He once went to a psychic....to warn her."

    I'm guessing from time to time we all wish we were that Dos Equis guy. For sure, that's not me. I'm lucky my ( now ex ) wife and daughter dragged me off the football couch to do some  interesting travel. My idea of a good trip is Saratoga, which I'm doing next month.

    For an interesting list of the clever Dos Equis' lines, check out:

    www.livin3.com/100-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-quotes

    "He once brought a knife to a gunfight.....just to even the odds."



     

    He never wears a watch because time is always on his side.

    His business card simply says "I'll call you."

    He's never lost a game of chance.

    Good stuff. The new guy they have doing the commercials is not bad either. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:



    Club--Funny. I liked those Dos Equis' commercials. They were clever--e.g. " He can speak French.....in Russian." Another----"He once went to a psychic....to warn her."

    I'm guessing from time to time we all wish we were that Dos Equis guy. For sure, that's not me. I'm lucky my ( now ex ) wife and daughter dragged me off the football couch to do some  interesting travel. My idea of a good trip is Saratoga, which I'm doing next month.

    For an interesting list of the clever Dos Equis' lines, check out:

    www.livin3.com/100-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-quotes

    "He once brought a knife to a gunfight.....just to even the odds."



     

    He never wears a watch because time is always on his side.

    His business card simply says "I'll call you."

    He's never lost a game of chance.

    Good stuff. The new guy they have doing the commercials is not bad either. 
     
    ClubDirt
    ClubDirt
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 28196
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 6:03 PM ET #15

    i always thought dos equis was one of the better mexican beers but it was pretty obscure before that commercial.  some marketing company made them a shitload of money.

    anyway, traveling, if you can do it, is one of the great things to do in life.  i don't do it nearly enough. 
    Reply
    i always thought dos equis was one of the better mexican beers but it was pretty obscure before that commercial.  some marketing company made them a shitload of money.

    anyway, traveling, if you can do it, is one of the great things to do in life.  i don't do it nearly enough. 
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34470
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 7:43 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

    i always thought dos equis was one of the better mexican beers but it was pretty obscure before that commercial.  some marketing company made them a shitload of money.

    anyway, traveling, if you can do it, is one of the great things to do in life.  i don't do it nearly enough. 
    Never too late. I have been very fortunate or something.  I had a job where I got to travel to a lot of places. Sadly, was really doing work and was younger, so didn't take as much advantage or enjoy as much as I should.  
    But you should travel if that is something you like to do. Even if you don't have time or money to go abroad. There are some really nice day or weekend trips within reach of nearly everywhere in USA even. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

    i always thought dos equis was one of the better mexican beers but it was pretty obscure before that commercial.  some marketing company made them a shitload of money.

    anyway, traveling, if you can do it, is one of the great things to do in life.  i don't do it nearly enough. 
    Never too late. I have been very fortunate or something.  I had a job where I got to travel to a lot of places. Sadly, was really doing work and was younger, so didn't take as much advantage or enjoy as much as I should.  
    But you should travel if that is something you like to do. Even if you don't have time or money to go abroad. There are some really nice day or weekend trips within reach of nearly everywhere in USA even. 
     
    1129ken
    1129ken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2674
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 7:45 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:


    He never wears a watch because time is always on his side.

    His business card simply says "I'll call you."

    He's never lost a game of chance.

    Good stuff. The new guy they have doing the commercials is not bad either. 


    He once ran a marathon.......because it was "on the way."


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:


    He never wears a watch because time is always on his side.

    His business card simply says "I'll call you."

    He's never lost a game of chance.

    Good stuff. The new guy they have doing the commercials is not bad either. 


    He once ran a marathon.......because it was "on the way."


     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34470
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 7:53 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Carpinteria:

    Planning a trip and debating between Hawaii and Alaska. I've been to Hawaii a few times already and never to Alaska. I have one friend telling me just go back to Hawaii and another telling me Alaska is just as unique and amazing as Hawaii in its way. I'm not a hunter or fisherman really but I am a huge scenic highway guy.


    Any of you guys been to Alaska? Thoughts?






    Yes. A few times. And it is worth it. You know by now if you would like that sort of thing or not. It is exactly what you expect with the wildlife and wilderness.  Just way more magnificent that you'd imagine in person. Obviously it's not for those that don't like the outdoors. Canadian Brother-in-law and sister took the highway thru Yukon and loved it.  There are some good rides for sure. And some long ones.  Couple nice train rides as well. 
    But for sure it is worth doing just to at least say you have been there!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpinteria:

    Planning a trip and debating between Hawaii and Alaska. I've been to Hawaii a few times already and never to Alaska. I have one friend telling me just go back to Hawaii and another telling me Alaska is just as unique and amazing as Hawaii in its way. I'm not a hunter or fisherman really but I am a huge scenic highway guy.


    Any of you guys been to Alaska? Thoughts?






    Yes. A few times. And it is worth it. You know by now if you would like that sort of thing or not. It is exactly what you expect with the wildlife and wilderness.  Just way more magnificent that you'd imagine in person. Obviously it's not for those that don't like the outdoors. Canadian Brother-in-law and sister took the highway thru Yukon and loved it.  There are some good rides for sure. And some long ones.  Couple nice train rides as well. 
    But for sure it is worth doing just to at least say you have been there!
     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2017 - 4:16 PM ET #19

    Went to a conference in Anchorage once.  Nice place, plenty of wild life to see.  Snow one day, sunny and warm the next.  When you get off the road just a few feet, it is wilderness like you wouldn't believe.
    Reply
    Went to a conference in Anchorage once.  Nice place, plenty of wild life to see.  Snow one day, sunny and warm the next.  When you get off the road just a few feet, it is wilderness like you wouldn't believe.
     
    KingRGIII
    KingRGIII
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 9043
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2017 - 6:28 PM ET #20

    Total population in Alaska - 710,000

    Total population of African Americans - 23,600

    No thanks. 
    Reply
    Total population in Alaska - 710,000

    Total population of African Americans - 23,600

    No thanks. 
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2017 - 6:44 PM ET #21

    If it's African Americans you're looking for, check out the South and Wards of Newark.  We have plenty of them here.  
    Reply
    If it's African Americans you're looking for, check out the South and Wards of Newark.  We have plenty of them here.  
     
    1129ken
    1129ken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2674
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2017 - 12:23 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by KingRGIII:

    Total population in Alaska - 710,000

    Total population of African Americans - 23,600

    No thanks. 


    Based on this criteria, you're ruling out visits to most areas of the planet. I've heard New Zealand is very nice. No interest ?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRGIII:

    Total population in Alaska - 710,000

    Total population of African Americans - 23,600

    No thanks. 


    Based on this criteria, you're ruling out visits to most areas of the planet. I've heard New Zealand is very nice. No interest ?
     
     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11184
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2017 - 12:44 PM ET #23

    high end alaskan cruise is hard to beat. 
    Reply
    high end alaskan cruise is hard to beat. 
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,911
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,619
    • MLB Playoffs 16,999
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 308
    • PART DEUX 140
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,388
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,367
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,158
    • NFL WEEK 5 ........................2026 1,492

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.