• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Any advice/tips for staying at the Venetian in Vegas?

    TRAIN69
    The Hawk
    jamesxnj
    Doja45
    bettingforfun
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1040
    Posts: 20
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55719
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2018 - 12:47 PM ET #1

    Might be staying there next month. Just wanted to get the gamblers take, not google search opinions.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Might be staying there next month. Just wanted to get the gamblers take, not google search opinions.

     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2018 - 3:08 PM ET #2

    Be very careful stepping into the gondola.....an_getaway

    Reply

    Be very careful stepping into the gondola.....an_getaway

     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2018 - 5:58 PM ET #3

    Got comped there for a few nights out of the blue mailer.Super nice room but the whole place is a nightmare to navigate from your room to the casino.Elevators to this or that level and eventually I had to memorize the artwork on the corridors to make sure I was going in the right direction.

    Just getting there day one from the parking garage and a guy leaving comes out of the elevator all flustered as it took him awhile to GTFO and warned us it's crazy..

    I'm pretty sure if I was blindfolded at the Rio/Gold Coast I could make it from room to the sportsbook with less problems.

    GL

    Reply

    Got comped there for a few nights out of the blue mailer.Super nice room but the whole place is a nightmare to navigate from your room to the casino.Elevators to this or that level and eventually I had to memorize the artwork on the corridors to make sure I was going in the right direction.

    Just getting there day one from the parking garage and a guy leaving comes out of the elevator all flustered as it took him awhile to GTFO and warned us it's crazy..

    I'm pretty sure if I was blindfolded at the Rio/Gold Coast I could make it from room to the sportsbook with less problems.

    GL

     
    Doja45
    Doja45
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 2304
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2018 - 11:31 PM ET #4

    I’m not a huge fan of the Venetian/palazzo properties but Lagasse’s stadium to watch a game is pretty bitchn. Just park your sh!t there and head to the cosmo. Lots of young tail and a cool little sports book with a college vibe. Pool table, shuffle board, foosball all for free. Head up to the chandelier bar with your winnings and get you a classy hooker to take back to the Venetian. Vegas baby!

    Reply

    I’m not a huge fan of the Venetian/palazzo properties but Lagasse’s stadium to watch a game is pretty bitchn. Just park your sh!t there and head to the cosmo. Lots of young tail and a cool little sports book with a college vibe. Pool table, shuffle board, foosball all for free. Head up to the chandelier bar with your winnings and get you a classy hooker to take back to the Venetian. Vegas baby!

     
    Doja45
    Doja45
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 2304
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2018 - 11:34 PM ET #5

    Oh the Wynn across the street remodeled there sportsbook last year and it’s real nice. I was there for final 4 weekend this year and coach K was by himself playing video poker in the back 

    Reply

    Oh the Wynn across the street remodeled there sportsbook last year and it’s real nice. I was there for final 4 weekend this year and coach K was by himself playing video poker in the back 

     
    Doja45
    Doja45
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 2304
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2018 - 11:35 PM ET #6

    Their

    Reply

    Their

     
    bettingforfun
    bettingforfun
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 2042
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2018 - 11:43 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Got comped there for a few nights out of the blue mailer.Super nice room but the whole place is a nightmare to navigate from your room to the casino.Elevators to this or that level and eventually I had to memorize the artwork on the corridors to make sure I was going in the right direction.

    Just getting there day one from the parking garage and a guy leaving comes out of the elevator all flustered as it took him awhile to GTFO and warned us it's crazy..

    I'm pretty sure if I was blindfolded at the Rio/Gold Coast I could make it from room to the sportsbook with less problems.

    GL

    e

    I have to agree with this 100%.  I stayed there as well and found the same problem.  Took me 15 to 20 minutes to get from my room to the casino.  Our room was nice as well but being in the back of the property sucked.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Got comped there for a few nights out of the blue mailer.Super nice room but the whole place is a nightmare to navigate from your room to the casino.Elevators to this or that level and eventually I had to memorize the artwork on the corridors to make sure I was going in the right direction.

    Just getting there day one from the parking garage and a guy leaving comes out of the elevator all flustered as it took him awhile to GTFO and warned us it's crazy..

    I'm pretty sure if I was blindfolded at the Rio/Gold Coast I could make it from room to the sportsbook with less problems.

    GL

    e

    I have to agree with this 100%.  I stayed there as well and found the same problem.  Took me 15 to 20 minutes to get from my room to the casino.  Our room was nice as well but being in the back of the property sucked.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2018 - 11:50 AM ET #8

     I've been lost in that place many times. Bring something to mark navigation points. an_beatup

    Reply

     I've been lost in that place many times. Bring something to mark navigation points. an_beatup

     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2018 - 6:38 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    I've been lost in that place many times. Bring something to mark navigation points.

    All of you nice gentlemen shouldn't be drinking like fish and getting lost in a hotel. It's not rocket science when you're sober. 

    How goes it Search? Hope all is well peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    I've been lost in that place many times. Bring something to mark navigation points.

    All of you nice gentlemen shouldn't be drinking like fish and getting lost in a hotel. It's not rocket science when you're sober. 

    How goes it Search? Hope all is well peace_5

     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2018 - 2:47 PM ET #10

    Breadcrumbs?
    Reply
    Breadcrumbs?
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2018 - 8:46 PM ET #11

    I stay at Venetian / Palazzo whenever I go to Vegas.  Good sweet spot for the family.  Great SB, and also pools, food - they have it all.  I understand the navigation issues mentioned above, but it wont take long to get the lay of the land.

    The one tip I give everyone going to Venetian, and all other vegas properties....

    Book the lowest price room you can get.

    On check in, have a $50 dollar bill ready.  Sandwich it between your credit card and your drivers license.  Practice these lines before you get to the front:

    "This is a very important weekend for me and X (my wife, my family etc).  Any upgrade or ammenities you can provide would be greatly appreciated."

    Now, watch the floodgates open.  These people at the desk basically have full discretion to give you just about anything you want.  They might ask you what you are looking for, and in that case, be prepared with the following:

    1.  An upgraded suite with a view
    2.  Resort fees waived

    I would say 9 times out of 10, I get both.  Sometimes, only one or the other, but ALWAYS something.  And ALWAYS worth more than $50.  Resort fees alone are like $40 a night.

    One time I went and for $50, I got close to 1k in value.  5 nights of resort fees removed, $200 in food credit, and a cabana suite overlooking the pool with back porch access.

    It takes some courage to do this the first time, but believe me, once you do it you will always do it.

    GL and enjoy.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    I stay at Venetian / Palazzo whenever I go to Vegas.  Good sweet spot for the family.  Great SB, and also pools, food - they have it all.  I understand the navigation issues mentioned above, but it wont take long to get the lay of the land.

    The one tip I give everyone going to Venetian, and all other vegas properties....

    Book the lowest price room you can get.

    On check in, have a $50 dollar bill ready.  Sandwich it between your credit card and your drivers license.  Practice these lines before you get to the front:

    "This is a very important weekend for me and X (my wife, my family etc).  Any upgrade or ammenities you can provide would be greatly appreciated."

    Now, watch the floodgates open.  These people at the desk basically have full discretion to give you just about anything you want.  They might ask you what you are looking for, and in that case, be prepared with the following:

    1.  An upgraded suite with a view
    2.  Resort fees waived

    I would say 9 times out of 10, I get both.  Sometimes, only one or the other, but ALWAYS something.  And ALWAYS worth more than $50.  Resort fees alone are like $40 a night.

    One time I went and for $50, I got close to 1k in value.  5 nights of resort fees removed, $200 in food credit, and a cabana suite overlooking the pool with back porch access.

    It takes some courage to do this the first time, but believe me, once you do it you will always do it.

    GL and enjoy.

     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55719
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2018 - 11:05 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    I stay at Venetian / Palazzo whenever I go to Vegas.  Good sweet spot for the family.  Great SB, and also pools, food - they have it all.  I understand the navigation issues mentioned above, but it wont take long to get the lay of the land.

    The one tip I give everyone going to Venetian, and all other vegas properties....

    Book the lowest price room you can get.

    On check in, have a $50 dollar bill ready.  Sandwich it between your credit card and your drivers license.  Practice these lines before you get to the front:

    "This is a very important weekend for me and X (my wife, my family etc).  Any upgrade or ammenities you can provide would be greatly appreciated."

    Now, watch the floodgates open.  These people at the desk basically have full discretion to give you just about anything you want.  They might ask you what you are looking for, and in that case, be prepared with the following:

    1.  An upgraded suite with a view
    2.  Resort fees waived

    I would say 9 times out of 10, I get both.  Sometimes, only one or the other, but ALWAYS something.  And ALWAYS worth more than $50.  Resort fees alone are like $40 a night.

    One time I went and for $50, I got close to 1k in value.  5 nights of resort fees removed, $200 in food credit, and a cabana suite overlooking the pool with back porch access.

    It takes some courage to do this the first time, but believe me, once you do it you will always do it.

    GL and enjoy.

    Thanks for the info brother. Upon checkin, is $50 the best number? $20 too little and $100 a bit overkill? Do they give you comps in the sportsbook or do you gotta be betting $1K per play?

    Thanks again! Any other thoughts are appreciated!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    I stay at Venetian / Palazzo whenever I go to Vegas.  Good sweet spot for the family.  Great SB, and also pools, food - they have it all.  I understand the navigation issues mentioned above, but it wont take long to get the lay of the land.

    The one tip I give everyone going to Venetian, and all other vegas properties....

    Book the lowest price room you can get.

    On check in, have a $50 dollar bill ready.  Sandwich it between your credit card and your drivers license.  Practice these lines before you get to the front:

    "This is a very important weekend for me and X (my wife, my family etc).  Any upgrade or ammenities you can provide would be greatly appreciated."

    Now, watch the floodgates open.  These people at the desk basically have full discretion to give you just about anything you want.  They might ask you what you are looking for, and in that case, be prepared with the following:

    1.  An upgraded suite with a view
    2.  Resort fees waived

    I would say 9 times out of 10, I get both.  Sometimes, only one or the other, but ALWAYS something.  And ALWAYS worth more than $50.  Resort fees alone are like $40 a night.

    One time I went and for $50, I got close to 1k in value.  5 nights of resort fees removed, $200 in food credit, and a cabana suite overlooking the pool with back porch access.

    It takes some courage to do this the first time, but believe me, once you do it you will always do it.

    GL and enjoy.

    Thanks for the info brother. Upon checkin, is $50 the best number? $20 too little and $100 a bit overkill? Do they give you comps in the sportsbook or do you gotta be betting $1K per play?

    Thanks again! Any other thoughts are appreciated!
     
    mbialowas
    mbialowas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4681
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2018 - 12:01 AM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Thanks for the info brother. Upon checkin, is $50 the best number? $20 too little and $100 a bit overkill? Do they give you comps in the sportsbook or do you gotta be betting $1K per play?

    Thanks again! Any other thoughts are appreciated!
    Not much for comps in the sports book. If you place a $500 bet, you'll get a free drink though 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Thanks for the info brother. Upon checkin, is $50 the best number? $20 too little and $100 a bit overkill? Do they give you comps in the sportsbook or do you gotta be betting $1K per play?

    Thanks again! Any other thoughts are appreciated!
    Not much for comps in the sports book. If you place a $500 bet, you'll get a free drink though 
     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11184
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2018 - 12:02 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by mbialowas:

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Thanks for the info brother. Upon checkin, is $50 the best number? $20 too little and $100 a bit overkill? Do they give you comps in the sportsbook or do you gotta be betting $1K per play?Thanks again! Any other thoughts are appreciated!
    Not much for comps in the sports book. If you place a $500 bet, you'll get a free drink though

     

    Usually its a drink ticket for every 100 wagered with the max being 4 even if you dropped 5k. 4 stellas for your trouble sir.....

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by mbialowas:

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Thanks for the info brother. Upon checkin, is $50 the best number? $20 too little and $100 a bit overkill? Do they give you comps in the sportsbook or do you gotta be betting $1K per play?Thanks again! Any other thoughts are appreciated!
    Not much for comps in the sports book. If you place a $500 bet, you'll get a free drink though

     

    Usually its a drink ticket for every 100 wagered with the max being 4 even if you dropped 5k. 4 stellas for your trouble sir.....

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2018 - 12:46 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Thanks for the info brother. Upon checkin, is $50 the best number? $20 too little and $100 a bit overkill? Do they give you comps in the sportsbook or do you gotta be betting $1K per play?

    Thanks again! Any other thoughts are appreciated!

    Sports comps are basically non-existent, other than at the Westgate where you get $1 back for every $300 you bet in room food beverage credit.

    The situation at the Venetian is bad because the SB is owned by Cantor Gaming - and they actually have such a bad lease deal with the Venetian that they actually pay close to retail for drinks!  So essentially, when they hand out a drink ticket, it is charged back by Venetian to Cantor for 80% of the retail drink price.  So they are very stingy.  Forget rooms or anything.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Thanks for the info brother. Upon checkin, is $50 the best number? $20 too little and $100 a bit overkill? Do they give you comps in the sportsbook or do you gotta be betting $1K per play?

    Thanks again! Any other thoughts are appreciated!

    Sports comps are basically non-existent, other than at the Westgate where you get $1 back for every $300 you bet in room food beverage credit.

    The situation at the Venetian is bad because the SB is owned by Cantor Gaming - and they actually have such a bad lease deal with the Venetian that they actually pay close to retail for drinks!  So essentially, when they hand out a drink ticket, it is charged back by Venetian to Cantor for 80% of the retail drink price.  So they are very stingy.  Forget rooms or anything.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2018 - 12:48 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Thanks for the info brother. Upon checkin, is $50 the best number? $20 too little and $100 a bit overkill? Do they give you comps in the sportsbook or do you gotta be betting $1K per play?

    Thanks again! Any other thoughts are appreciated!

    50 seems to be the right number.  I am sure 20 will work, but 50 usually unlocks the resort credit removal.  Look - you will pay $40 a night in resort fees if you dont do this - so that can be seen as a dollar to dollar discount.

    One time I was there and they were very apologetic because there was a fight going on or something and they were totally booked - and all they could do was resort fees.  So for my $50, I got $160 in resort fees.  Still a good deal.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Thanks for the info brother. Upon checkin, is $50 the best number? $20 too little and $100 a bit overkill? Do they give you comps in the sportsbook or do you gotta be betting $1K per play?

    Thanks again! Any other thoughts are appreciated!

    50 seems to be the right number.  I am sure 20 will work, but 50 usually unlocks the resort credit removal.  Look - you will pay $40 a night in resort fees if you dont do this - so that can be seen as a dollar to dollar discount.

    One time I was there and they were very apologetic because there was a fight going on or something and they were totally booked - and all they could do was resort fees.  So for my $50, I got $160 in resort fees.  Still a good deal.

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2018 - 1:49 PM ET #17

    Van, great tip.peace_5

    Reply

    Van, great tip.peace_5

     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55719
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2018 - 2:41 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:


    50 seems to be the right number.  I am sure 20 will work, but 50 usually unlocks the resort credit removal.  Look - you will pay $40 a night in resort fees if you dont do this - so that can be seen as a dollar to dollar discount.

    One time I was there and they were very apologetic because there was a fight going on or something and they were totally booked - and all they could do was resort fees.  So for my $50, I got $160 in resort fees.  Still a good deal.

    Awesome, thanks! Can you recommend a couple dining places at either the Venetian or palazzo? Theres so many to choose from.....im looking for casual/fun atmosphere (but not panda express....lol). 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:


    50 seems to be the right number.  I am sure 20 will work, but 50 usually unlocks the resort credit removal.  Look - you will pay $40 a night in resort fees if you dont do this - so that can be seen as a dollar to dollar discount.

    One time I was there and they were very apologetic because there was a fight going on or something and they were totally booked - and all they could do was resort fees.  So for my $50, I got $160 in resort fees.  Still a good deal.

    Awesome, thanks! Can you recommend a couple dining places at either the Venetian or palazzo? Theres so many to choose from.....im looking for casual/fun atmosphere (but not panda express....lol). 
     
    iceman67
    iceman67
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 3253
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2018 - 3:25 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

     eventually I had to memorize the artwork on the corridors to make sure I was going in the right direction.

       That's funny,  Its been probably 15 years since I stayed there, but I had to do the exact same thing, I was just to embarrassed to admit it to anyone,   problem for me is that's not the only Casino I've had to do that with.

    I can hike through untouched forests up mountains and find my way back to the boat easier than finding my room from the casino floor.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

     eventually I had to memorize the artwork on the corridors to make sure I was going in the right direction.

       That's funny,  Its been probably 15 years since I stayed there, but I had to do the exact same thing, I was just to embarrassed to admit it to anyone,   problem for me is that's not the only Casino I've had to do that with.

    I can hike through untouched forests up mountains and find my way back to the boat easier than finding my room from the casino floor.

     
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2018 - 8:23 PM ET #20

    Train - there are 2 locations of the Grande Luxe Cafe.  This is my go to for breakfast lunch with family.  It is basically The Cheesecake Factory - reasonable big meals.

    It also is fun to go to St Marks Square inside the Venetian mall area and eat "outside" (it is really inside, but you will understand when you see it).

    There are plenty of other food joints.  My family is all vegetarian so I might not be the best person to ask if you are looking for burgers or steaks.

     

     

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Train - there are 2 locations of the Grande Luxe Cafe.  This is my go to for breakfast lunch with family.  It is basically The Cheesecake Factory - reasonable big meals.

    It also is fun to go to St Marks Square inside the Venetian mall area and eat "outside" (it is really inside, but you will understand when you see it).

    There are plenty of other food joints.  My family is all vegetarian so I might not be the best person to ask if you are looking for burgers or steaks.

     

     

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,890
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,606
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • MLB Playoffs 16,952
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,263
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,265
    • Week 6 Money 5,817
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,148

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.