Every year on memorial day I think back of growing up at Camp Darby in Livorno,Italy for 10 years Our elementary school would drive us to put red poppies and small american flags on the graves at the Florence cemetery. My memories have faded but I remember its where I 1st learned of what a Jewish star was and the kool aid never had enough sugar and the P&G sandwiches not enough jelly when we had lunch. I remember the grass was always so green and cut so nice. around the 3rd row on the left side there was a soldier from Texas . I would look at his grave and wonder "did anybody ever come visit his grave " from the US.
Its such a beautiful cemetery and about 10 miles outside of Florence. The auto strada { higway} goes right by it.. but the tour buses never stop.. They will mention " if you look on your left hand side we are coming up to the American World War 2 cemetery where many Americans were killed in 44' and 45 ' But the buses never stop ever. Its just a blip on the map because everyone want to see Florence . And I always think.. that is where everyone should stop even for a few minutes and pay their respect ...4,500 hundred Americans gave their life for freedom and never went home.
I have come in for many years on memorial day and still can't paste the you tube video can some please post the tribute from you tube
There are a few videos
flight of honor is one https: 11 youtu.be/re
ogwglimz
or just go to You tube and type Florence american cemetery they are a few videos I like " Flight of honor"
Its a nice memory for us here now in the US to look back on what is really memorial day . again thank you for posting and down loading a video.
https:11youtu/fbqnf3yl-fa
American Cemetery in Florence Italy
Every year on memorial day I think back of growing up at Camp Darby in Livorno,Italy for 10 years Our elementary school would drive us to put red poppies and small american flags on the graves at the Florence cemetery. My memories have faded but I remember its where I 1st learned of what a Jewish star was and the kool aid never had enough sugar and the P&G sandwiches not enough jelly when we had lunch. I remember the grass was always so green and cut so nice. around the 3rd row on the left side there was a soldier from Texas . I would look at his grave and wonder "did anybody ever come visit his grave " from the US.
Its such a beautiful cemetery and about 10 miles outside of Florence. The auto strada { higway} goes right by it.. but the tour buses never stop.. They will mention " if you look on your left hand side we are coming up to the American World War 2 cemetery where many Americans were killed in 44' and 45 ' But the buses never stop ever. Its just a blip on the map because everyone want to see Florence . And I always think.. that is where everyone should stop even for a few minutes and pay their respect ...4,500 hundred Americans gave their life for freedom and never went home.
I have come in for many years on memorial day and still can't paste the you tube video can some please post the tribute from you tube
There are a few videos
flight of honor is one https: 11 youtu.be/re
ogwglimz
or just go to You tube and type Florence american cemetery they are a few videos I like " Flight of honor"
Its a nice memory for us here now in the US to look back on what is really memorial day . again thank you for posting and down loading a video.
https:11youtu/fbqnf3yl-fa
@Box and one
I think you have posted about this on past Memorial Days, no? Powerful stuff. Let us all be grateful on this day, and every day.
![]()
@Box and one
I think you have posted about this on past Memorial Days, no? Powerful stuff. Let us all be grateful on this day, and every day.
![]()
Box and one,
Hey Buddy...here's the link to Flight of Honor American Cemetery Florence Italy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reOgwgLimzI
Box and one,
Hey Buddy...here's the link to Flight of Honor American Cemetery Florence Italy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reOgwgLimzI
One more video...beautifully done..."HEROES" (American Cemetery in Florence, Italy)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBBrqXqxx30
One more video...beautifully done..."HEROES" (American Cemetery in Florence, Italy)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBBrqXqxx30
thank you guys for posting those video's I watch it now and think of me as a 8,9 or 10 year old boy walking in this cemetery and always remember how green everything was " Flight of honor" gives you a birds eye view of the cemetery. And although its kept pristine with all the grass cut its still ignored by the 1,000 and 1,000 of tourist that go to Florence. Wish the us tourists buses just stopped for a minute to see the sacrifice these Americans soldiers gave up for freedom. Again thank you guys for posting the you tube video's hope everyone just watches for a few minutes Happy Memorial day
thank you guys for posting those video's I watch it now and think of me as a 8,9 or 10 year old boy walking in this cemetery and always remember how green everything was " Flight of honor" gives you a birds eye view of the cemetery. And although its kept pristine with all the grass cut its still ignored by the 1,000 and 1,000 of tourist that go to Florence. Wish the us tourists buses just stopped for a minute to see the sacrifice these Americans soldiers gave up for freedom. Again thank you guys for posting the you tube video's hope everyone just watches for a few minutes Happy Memorial day
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,789
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,570
- Wednesday 10/07/2026 421
- MLB Playoffs 15,838
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,067
- Breathtaking ....truly 36,356
- Week 6 Money 5,349
- Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,216
- Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331
- HarDix's Big Bet................. 5,498
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
