So at the end of October I used my credit card to put $2500 on BetOnline. Transaction went fine. I put that money on Biden winning the election. No problem. I continued to receive emails for weeks from BOL telling me to be patient with this wager, I was. When I heard that BOL had finally graded the election for Biden I went on there to see the money in my account, but instead I saw that my wager was DELETED on Dec 11 and the funds sent back to my credit card. WTF. Almost five 6 weeks after the election and just days before they finally settled the bet.
I called BetOnline and for days they couldn't tell me anything other than it's been escalated to management. Today I finally found out their decision, that it's not possible to pay out because my wager was terminated. So WHY was it deleted? They can't tell me any reason why it was deleted besides that it was a decision made by their security team, and they can't give any details because of security reasons. I also can't talk to any higher ups in management or in security. At no point did they ask to verify any information, inform me of any problems with my bet or credit card, they just silently deleted my bet that was 99% decided. It's a credit card I use all the time, has no holds on it, etc. I checked with Capital One and they had no issues with the transaction on their end. I'm just absolutely dumbfounded.
I've never seen anything like this in my whole life.
Please be wary when using BetOnline. I guess their security team can just delete pending wagers if they want to and not give any explanations.
Absolutely screwed by BetOnline
So at the end of October I used my credit card to put $2500 on BetOnline. Transaction went fine. I put that money on Biden winning the election. No problem. I continued to receive emails for weeks from BOL telling me to be patient with this wager, I was. When I heard that BOL had finally graded the election for Biden I went on there to see the money in my account, but instead I saw that my wager was DELETED on Dec 11 and the funds sent back to my credit card. WTF. Almost five 6 weeks after the election and just days before they finally settled the bet.
I called BetOnline and for days they couldn't tell me anything other than it's been escalated to management. Today I finally found out their decision, that it's not possible to pay out because my wager was terminated. So WHY was it deleted? They can't tell me any reason why it was deleted besides that it was a decision made by their security team, and they can't give any details because of security reasons. I also can't talk to any higher ups in management or in security. At no point did they ask to verify any information, inform me of any problems with my bet or credit card, they just silently deleted my bet that was 99% decided. It's a credit card I use all the time, has no holds on it, etc. I checked with Capital One and they had no issues with the transaction on their end. I'm just absolutely dumbfounded.
I've never seen anything like this in my whole life.
Please be wary when using BetOnline. I guess their security team can just delete pending wagers if they want to and not give any explanations.
Well that seems like it would be straight up theft. I mean if they accept my credit card and let me place wagers with it, I honestly don't see how they can retroactively go back and be like nahhhh. The timing, along with the fact that Biden is like >99% at that point is just so incredibly fishy.
Well that seems like it would be straight up theft. I mean if they accept my credit card and let me place wagers with it, I honestly don't see how they can retroactively go back and be like nahhhh. The timing, along with the fact that Biden is like >99% at that point is just so incredibly fishy.
Who you going to call? Ghostbusters? or the San Juan Better Business ? Bet with a Local and don't bet serious $ on a Third-World Election...
And who are you going to call when a local stiffs you? The police?
If you have a local you've been betting with for years that always pays, you are lucky. If you start betting with a local, and win big up front, you have much less chance being paid than with a good online book IMO.
Who you going to call? Ghostbusters? or the San Juan Better Business ? Bet with a Local and don't bet serious $ on a Third-World Election...
And who are you going to call when a local stiffs you? The police?
If you have a local you've been betting with for years that always pays, you are lucky. If you start betting with a local, and win big up front, you have much less chance being paid than with a good online book IMO.
Quote Originally Posted by 666LES: Who you going to call? Ghostbusters? or the San Juan Better Business ? Bet with a Local and don't bet serious $ on a Third-World Election... And who are you going to call when a local stiffs you? The police? If you have a local you've been betting with for years that always pays, you are lucky. If you start betting with a local, and win big up front, you have much less chance being paid than with a good online book IMO.
I've bet with Locals who have told me that they CAN'T handle my action after paying me off BUT I've NEVER had a bookie run out of town or tell me I don't have a bet after the fact like this "good online book".Once you have your $ sitting in an account in San Juan,you're only half way Home.You're GUESSING that this good online book is more likely to pay then my good hometown bookie and this instance would seem to give lie to your opinion.
Quote Originally Posted by 666LES: Who you going to call? Ghostbusters? or the San Juan Better Business ? Bet with a Local and don't bet serious $ on a Third-World Election... And who are you going to call when a local stiffs you? The police? If you have a local you've been betting with for years that always pays, you are lucky. If you start betting with a local, and win big up front, you have much less chance being paid than with a good online book IMO.
I've bet with Locals who have told me that they CAN'T handle my action after paying me off BUT I've NEVER had a bookie run out of town or tell me I don't have a bet after the fact like this "good online book".Once you have your $ sitting in an account in San Juan,you're only half way Home.You're GUESSING that this good online book is more likely to pay then my good hometown bookie and this instance would seem to give lie to your opinion.
@666LES
Les, you must have missed where I wrote "If you have a local you've been betting with for years that always pays, you are lucky." If you go to a sports bar, and ask for a bookie, chances are good they won't pay you if you win big right up front.
@666LES
Les, you must have missed where I wrote "If you have a local you've been betting with for years that always pays, you are lucky." If you go to a sports bar, and ask for a bookie, chances are good they won't pay you if you win big right up front.
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
