She thought she saw a dark brown or black handle of a gun, went inside and told her husband to call police. He told a 911 operator the man had a revolver.
Dumb box.
She thought she saw a dark brown or black handle of a gun, went inside and told her husband to call police. He told a 911 operator the man had a revolver.
The police officer was 10 to 20 feet ... that's close enough to identify what is in the guys hand. Holding something in the pocket ain't a good enough reason to shoot 7/8 times IMO. If he pulled out a gun ... then I get it ... also looks like the dispatcher was heard saying the guy had dementia. I understand police officers have a tough job but a 73 year old man with dementia? c'mon man ...
The police officer was 10 to 20 feet ... that's close enough to identify what is in the guys hand. Holding something in the pocket ain't a good enough reason to shoot 7/8 times IMO. If he pulled out a gun ... then I get it ... also looks like the dispatcher was heard saying the guy had dementia. I understand police officers have a tough job but a 73 year old man with dementia? c'mon man ...
Although it's an honorable and respected profession, most cops are phucking stupid. Your average cop is not the brightest of people.
It's funny how some of them try to trick people too. Just keep your mouth shut and comply.
Comply ... so easy to do yet ... you know the rest. It's just this old man had dementia so complying could be problematic. And I'm hearing the dispatcher knew he had dementia ... was this not communicated to the officers? If so ... this guys age and disease should dictate how this incident should be handled. I'm thinking the officer that shot was just not cut out for this gig and an old man died for it. Just sad. And the idiot neighbors heightened the incident by providing exaggerated claims regarding the old man. F*cking idiots.
Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:
Although it's an honorable and respected profession, most cops are phucking stupid. Your average cop is not the brightest of people.
It's funny how some of them try to trick people too. Just keep your mouth shut and comply.
Comply ... so easy to do yet ... you know the rest. It's just this old man had dementia so complying could be problematic. And I'm hearing the dispatcher knew he had dementia ... was this not communicated to the officers? If so ... this guys age and disease should dictate how this incident should be handled. I'm thinking the officer that shot was just not cut out for this gig and an old man died for it. Just sad. And the idiot neighbors heightened the incident by providing exaggerated claims regarding the old man. F*cking idiots.
Comply ... so easy to do yet ... you know the rest. It's just this old man had dementia so complying could be problematic. And I'm hearing the dispatcher knew he had dementia ... was this not communicated to the officers? If so ... this guys age and disease should dictate how this incident should be handled. I'm thinking the officer that shot was just not cut out for this gig and an old man died for it. Just sad. And the idiot neighbors heightened the incident by providing exaggerated claims regarding the old man. F*cking idiots.
Agreed.
Quote Originally Posted by cave0707:
Comply ... so easy to do yet ... you know the rest. It's just this old man had dementia so complying could be problematic. And I'm hearing the dispatcher knew he had dementia ... was this not communicated to the officers? If so ... this guys age and disease should dictate how this incident should be handled. I'm thinking the officer that shot was just not cut out for this gig and an old man died for it. Just sad. And the idiot neighbors heightened the incident by providing exaggerated claims regarding the old man. F*cking idiots.