I placed a bet a couple days ago on the golf tournament this week, and was shocked that they were offering a match bet on Tommy Fleetwood vs. Scott Stallings, and gladly put my money down. Unbeknowingst to me at first, that bet was cancelled and the money refunded. I just so happened to notice the different balance in my account today. I never got any sort of notification that what happened actually took place. When I emailed support asking what happened, the response I got was essentially "We made an error listing this, so we cancelled your bet."
After a couple exchanges back and forth, they threw the book at me with this from the user agreement...
"Immediately upon discovery, wagers placed on an event with an obvious erroneous line resulting from human error will be graded no action or voided. It is the sole discretion of 5Dimes regarding the partial/complete voiding of parlays, teasers, and IF wagers when a play includes a selection with a line error. Line errors include (but are not limited to) backwards lines, price errors; typos, misspellings or incorrect wordings that affect the essence of the line intended; incorrect team/players listed in match ups, etc."
I guess what I'm wondering is should I be as pissed off about this as I am. Something tells me that human error on my part wouldn't receive any leniency from them I couldn't see a Vegas book ever trying to pull such a thing. I thought bets were action ??
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
I placed a bet a couple days ago on the golf tournament this week, and was shocked that they were offering a match bet on Tommy Fleetwood vs. Scott Stallings, and gladly put my money down. Unbeknowingst to me at first, that bet was cancelled and the money refunded. I just so happened to notice the different balance in my account today. I never got any sort of notification that what happened actually took place. When I emailed support asking what happened, the response I got was essentially "We made an error listing this, so we cancelled your bet."
After a couple exchanges back and forth, they threw the book at me with this from the user agreement...
"Immediately upon discovery, wagers placed on an event with an obvious erroneous line resulting from human error will be graded no action or voided. It is the sole discretion of 5Dimes regarding the partial/complete voiding of parlays, teasers, and IF wagers when a play includes a selection with a line error. Line errors include (but are not limited to) backwards lines, price errors; typos, misspellings or incorrect wordings that affect the essence of the line intended; incorrect team/players listed in match ups, etc."
I guess what I'm wondering is should I be as pissed off about this as I am. Something tells me that human error on my part wouldn't receive any leniency from them I couldn't see a Vegas book ever trying to pull such a thing. I thought bets were action ??
"Something tells me that human error on my part wouldn't receive any leniency from them"
If you make a mistake in your bet, and you call them within 10 minutes, and the line hasn't moved, they will void the bet for you. I've done this a few times.
But the point is that they are the book and you agree to abide by their rules when you sign up with them. If you don't like the rules place your business elsewhere (but every online book has this same rule). Vegas would have paid you, but they offer a tiny fraction of the bets that online offers...
"Something tells me that human error on my part wouldn't receive any leniency from them"
If you make a mistake in your bet, and you call them within 10 minutes, and the line hasn't moved, they will void the bet for you. I've done this a few times.
But the point is that they are the book and you agree to abide by their rules when you sign up with them. If you don't like the rules place your business elsewhere (but every online book has this same rule). Vegas would have paid you, but they offer a tiny fraction of the bets that online offers...