If you have not seen this episode, you need to set your dvr or view it however you can find it. Amazing history about this game of sports gambling that we all love. I did not realize how much he contributed to the current state of the game.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
If you have not seen this episode, you need to set your dvr or view it however you can find it. Amazing history about this game of sports gambling that we all love. I did not realize how much he contributed to the current state of the game.
I miss that fat fck He got in trouble for saying something but I can't remember.......racist maybe
He said blacks are better athletes because of slavery. How the strong would be kept and forced to reproduce, etc.. Nothing that's not true but Merica finds everything offensive.
Quote Originally Posted by jmw59:
I miss that fat fck He got in trouble for saying something but I can't remember.......racist maybe
He said blacks are better athletes because of slavery. How the strong would be kept and forced to reproduce, etc.. Nothing that's not true but Merica finds everything offensive.
He said blacks are better athletes because of slavery. How the strong would be kept and forced to reproduce, etc.. Nothing that's not true but Merica finds everything offensive.
That is correct. Our society is pretty messed up in some regards... You will be tarred and feathered if you say a truthful statement about a group of people, especially if it is true. What Jimmy said was absolutely true. The slave trade was a nasty business for sure, but the fact is that only the biggest and strongest men were sold into slavery. It makes perfect sense, and we all know why black Americans dominate some sports. I have no problem with that at all. It is fact.
To any AA peeps reading this, I hope that does not offend you.
Quote Originally Posted by RandyC726:
He said blacks are better athletes because of slavery. How the strong would be kept and forced to reproduce, etc.. Nothing that's not true but Merica finds everything offensive.
That is correct. Our society is pretty messed up in some regards... You will be tarred and feathered if you say a truthful statement about a group of people, especially if it is true. What Jimmy said was absolutely true. The slave trade was a nasty business for sure, but the fact is that only the biggest and strongest men were sold into slavery. It makes perfect sense, and we all know why black Americans dominate some sports. I have no problem with that at all. It is fact.
To any AA peeps reading this, I hope that does not offend you.
He walked around Vegas with a bunch of chains around his neck waving at people-but he was quite possibly the worst handicapper ever. If you faded his picks-you'd make sure money.
He walked around Vegas with a bunch of chains around his neck waving at people-but he was quite possibly the worst handicapper ever. If you faded his picks-you'd make sure money.
He walked around Vegas with a bunch of chains around his neck waving at people-but he was quite possibly the worst handicapper ever. If you faded his picks-you'd make sure money.
So, we've got a fat racist prick who couldn't cap his way out of a paper bag? In other words, he's "Covers Legend" material.....
R.I.P. - J.T.G.
Quote Originally Posted by gold6185:
He walked around Vegas with a bunch of chains around his neck waving at people-but he was quite possibly the worst handicapper ever. If you faded his picks-you'd make sure money.
So, we've got a fat racist prick who couldn't cap his way out of a paper bag? In other words, he's "Covers Legend" material.....
If you want to be crass be my guest. If you want to understand who he was, rather than listen to a random smart behind covers poster you can do that too.
By all accounts he was a phenomenal capper and made and lost fortunes many times over. He did a whole bunch more that is very interesting. See the episode
Hey Gimme
If you want to be crass be my guest. If you want to understand who he was, rather than listen to a random smart behind covers poster you can do that too.
By all accounts he was a phenomenal capper and made and lost fortunes many times over. He did a whole bunch more that is very interesting. See the episode
If you want to be crass be my guest. If you want to understand who he was, rather than listen to a random smart behind covers poster you can do that too.
By all accounts he was a phenomenal capper and made and lost fortunes many times over. He did a whole bunch more that is very interesting. See the episode
C'mon man!!! That was more of a dig on the general Covers swill.....
Jimmy just caught a dusting of the shrapnel, and knowing the kind of guy he was, I think he would've laughed and agreed with me.
I loved J.T.G., you don't see Terry Bradshaw or Jimmy Johnson discussing point spreads, which is the only reason anyone watches the damn game in the first place......
I loved J.T.G., like I said before, R.I.P.
Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:
Hey Gimme
If you want to be crass be my guest. If you want to understand who he was, rather than listen to a random smart behind covers poster you can do that too.
By all accounts he was a phenomenal capper and made and lost fortunes many times over. He did a whole bunch more that is very interesting. See the episode
C'mon man!!! That was more of a dig on the general Covers swill.....
Jimmy just caught a dusting of the shrapnel, and knowing the kind of guy he was, I think he would've laughed and agreed with me.
I loved J.T.G., you don't see Terry Bradshaw or Jimmy Johnson discussing point spreads, which is the only reason anyone watches the damn game in the first place......
Jimmy the Greek was a media creation and he played up the fiction into tv and newspaper following.The adoption of the pointspread and JtG helped make sports gambling something that was palpable to the networks and the public.He didn't discuss ATS but gave leans and sly winks to tip-off who he liked and before the 'slavery rap' he was out done by people like Danny Sheridan or Pete Axhelm.
When Networks or Newspapers wanted to know the vibe from Vegas or Sports action they could ask/quote Jimmy and if you saw the 30/30 you saw how desparate Jimmy the greek was after his ban because he had nothing,he knew nothing,he was connected to nothing.
Lem Banker filled his role after he was turned out,another empty suit with a gold chain.
Jimmy the Greek was a media creation and he played up the fiction into tv and newspaper following.The adoption of the pointspread and JtG helped make sports gambling something that was palpable to the networks and the public.He didn't discuss ATS but gave leans and sly winks to tip-off who he liked and before the 'slavery rap' he was out done by people like Danny Sheridan or Pete Axhelm.
When Networks or Newspapers wanted to know the vibe from Vegas or Sports action they could ask/quote Jimmy and if you saw the 30/30 you saw how desparate Jimmy the greek was after his ban because he had nothing,he knew nothing,he was connected to nothing.
Lem Banker filled his role after he was turned out,another empty suit with a gold chain.
C'mon man!!! That was more of a dig on the general Covers swill.....
Jimmy just caught a dusting of the shrapnel, and knowing the kind of guy he was, I think he would've laughed and agreed with me.
I loved J.T.G., you don't see Terry Bradshaw or Jimmy Johnson discussing point spreads, which is the only reason anyone watches the damn game in the first place......
I loved J.T.G., like I said before, R.I.P.
I misread your post - I get it....
I disagree with you on the current talking heads... maybe not Jimmy Johnson but plenty of them (if not most) pick their games by saying they like this or that team BIG or "in a close one". Another familiar phrase is I like them to win, but not by as much as the experts.
JTG wrote this model, and most of them use it today.
Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:
C'mon man!!! That was more of a dig on the general Covers swill.....
Jimmy just caught a dusting of the shrapnel, and knowing the kind of guy he was, I think he would've laughed and agreed with me.
I loved J.T.G., you don't see Terry Bradshaw or Jimmy Johnson discussing point spreads, which is the only reason anyone watches the damn game in the first place......
I loved J.T.G., like I said before, R.I.P.
I misread your post - I get it....
I disagree with you on the current talking heads... maybe not Jimmy Johnson but plenty of them (if not most) pick their games by saying they like this or that team BIG or "in a close one". Another familiar phrase is I like them to win, but not by as much as the experts.
JTG wrote this model, and most of them use it today.