• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    wiseguy

    themaceo
    WISEGUY36
    LoveCFB1_
    LonghornHoosier
    UNIMAN
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2400
    Posts: 23
     
    themaceo
    themaceo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 2510
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2019 - 1:19 AM ET #1

    hey brother hope you had a good year last season
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    hey brother hope you had a good year last season
     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2019 - 9:22 AM ET #2

    Quote Originally Posted by themaceo:

    hey brother hope you had a good year last season



    Thanks Buddy . I had an opportunity in 2018 , to accomplish goals
    that more than met my expectations. I look forward to expanding
    on that this coming season. Thank you for asking.

    Blessings and Good Luck this coming season  


    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by themaceo:

    hey brother hope you had a good year last season



    Thanks Buddy . I had an opportunity in 2018 , to accomplish goals
    that more than met my expectations. I look forward to expanding
    on that this coming season. Thank you for asking.

    Blessings and Good Luck this coming season  


     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2019 - 11:29 AM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:




    Thanks Buddy . I had an opportunity in 2018 , to accomplish goals
    that more than met my expectations. I look forward to expanding
    on that this coming season. Thank you for asking.

    Blessings and Good Luck this coming season  





    FWIW , Bud . Choosing to dedicate the time to write the analytic
    on " Inconsistency at the QB Position and Production Probability "
    vs pursuing a personal performance goal was the right decision
    to make . I did not realize how much time and effort it would take
    to determine the 36 data points necessary and to validate all of
    them over a large number of trials. But the result of the effort will
    be a huge benefit going forward and provide a more accurate and
    positive outcome. I'm looking into one on " Risk Management "
    now prior to the start of the season.

    Good Luck , buddy  
    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:




    Thanks Buddy . I had an opportunity in 2018 , to accomplish goals
    that more than met my expectations. I look forward to expanding
    on that this coming season. Thank you for asking.

    Blessings and Good Luck this coming season  





    FWIW , Bud . Choosing to dedicate the time to write the analytic
    on " Inconsistency at the QB Position and Production Probability "
    vs pursuing a personal performance goal was the right decision
    to make . I did not realize how much time and effort it would take
    to determine the 36 data points necessary and to validate all of
    them over a large number of trials. But the result of the effort will
    be a huge benefit going forward and provide a more accurate and
    positive outcome. I'm looking into one on " Risk Management "
    now prior to the start of the season.

    Good Luck , buddy  
     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2019 - 11:22 AM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by themaceo:

    hey brother hope you had a good year last season




    I started out last season Week 1 with Notre Dame which I had
    Capped at - 6 ( posted in another thread ) . I was able to buy it
    at + 2 ' , 3 . I also had Ole Miss , which I had capped at - 7 vs
    TxT at plus money as well. Both teams won in Week 1 , and
    performed very well. However they struggled at QB play and
    production in the following weeks . I needed to find out why that
    happened. That is what prompted the study mentioned in post
    # 3 . I didn't want to get caught on the short end on future wagers.
    While I kinda got sidetracked , I found a method that can prevent
    me from being on the wrong side of bad QB play going forward.

    I will be able to use this to be more accurate in capping future
    matchups , so I believe it was worth the effort.

    Just sharing the thought process behind the decision .

    GLTA     

    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by themaceo:

    hey brother hope you had a good year last season




    I started out last season Week 1 with Notre Dame which I had
    Capped at - 6 ( posted in another thread ) . I was able to buy it
    at + 2 ' , 3 . I also had Ole Miss , which I had capped at - 7 vs
    TxT at plus money as well. Both teams won in Week 1 , and
    performed very well. However they struggled at QB play and
    production in the following weeks . I needed to find out why that
    happened. That is what prompted the study mentioned in post
    # 3 . I didn't want to get caught on the short end on future wagers.
    While I kinda got sidetracked , I found a method that can prevent
    me from being on the wrong side of bad QB play going forward.

    I will be able to use this to be more accurate in capping future
    matchups , so I believe it was worth the effort.

    Just sharing the thought process behind the decision .

    GLTA     

     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2019 - 2:06 PM ET #5

    FWIW , I'm glad to see Mack Brown return to College Coacing.

    In his first stint at North Carolia , I cashed a lot of tickets on the
    Tarheels thanks to a Coach who taught fundamentals as well as
    team discipline . He may surprise a few teams this season.

    Natrone Means running the Ball for him helped a lot too . 
    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    FWIW , I'm glad to see Mack Brown return to College Coacing.

    In his first stint at North Carolia , I cashed a lot of tickets on the
    Tarheels thanks to a Coach who taught fundamentals as well as
    team discipline . He may surprise a few teams this season.

    Natrone Means running the Ball for him helped a lot too . 
     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2019 - 4:29 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

    FWIW , I'm glad to see Mack Brown return to College Coacing.

    In his first stint at North Carolia , I cashed a lot of tickets on the
    Tarheels thanks to a Coach who taught fundamentals as well as
    team discipline . He may surprise a few teams this season.

    Natrone Means running the Ball for him helped a lot too . 






    Speaking of Team Discipline . Coach Brown  hired Defensive
    Coordinator Jay Bateman away from Army to be Co DC.
    The 'Heels also have a good sized O Line with experience and
    very capable RB's. I look for Mack to develop the run game to try
    to keep his very inexperienced QB out of poor down and distance
    situations.
    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

    FWIW , I'm glad to see Mack Brown return to College Coacing.

    In his first stint at North Carolia , I cashed a lot of tickets on the
    Tarheels thanks to a Coach who taught fundamentals as well as
    team discipline . He may surprise a few teams this season.

    Natrone Means running the Ball for him helped a lot too . 






    Speaking of Team Discipline . Coach Brown  hired Defensive
    Coordinator Jay Bateman away from Army to be Co DC.
    The 'Heels also have a good sized O Line with experience and
    very capable RB's. I look for Mack to develop the run game to try
    to keep his very inexperienced QB out of poor down and distance
    situations.
     
    LoveCFB1_
    LoveCFB1_
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2015
    Posts: 3327
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2019 - 6:16 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

    Quote Originally Posted by themaceo:

    hey brother hope you had a good year last season
    I started out last season Week 1 with Notre Dame which I hadCapped at - 6 ( posted in another thread ) . I was able to buy itat + 2 ' , 3 . I also had Ole Miss , which I had capped at - 7 vsTxT at plus money as well. Both teams won in Week 1 , andperformed very well. However they struggled at QB play andproduction in the following weeks . I needed to find out why thathappened. That is what prompted the study mentioned in post# 3 . I didn't want to get caught on the short end on future wagers.While I kinda got sidetracked , I found a method that can preventme from being on the wrong side of bad QB play going forward.I will be able to use this to be more accurate in capping futurematchups , so I believe it was worth the effort.Just sharing the thought process behind the decision .GLTA
    All good stuff Wise!!!!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

    Quote Originally Posted by themaceo:

    hey brother hope you had a good year last season
    I started out last season Week 1 with Notre Dame which I hadCapped at - 6 ( posted in another thread ) . I was able to buy itat + 2 ' , 3 . I also had Ole Miss , which I had capped at - 7 vsTxT at plus money as well. Both teams won in Week 1 , andperformed very well. However they struggled at QB play andproduction in the following weeks . I needed to find out why thathappened. That is what prompted the study mentioned in post# 3 . I didn't want to get caught on the short end on future wagers.While I kinda got sidetracked , I found a method that can preventme from being on the wrong side of bad QB play going forward.I will be able to use this to be more accurate in capping futurematchups , so I believe it was worth the effort.Just sharing the thought process behind the decision .GLTA
    All good stuff Wise!!!!

     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2019 - 8:34 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveCFB1_:

    I started out last season Week 1 with Notre Dame which I hadCapped at - 6 ( posted in another thread ) . I was able to buy itat + 2 ' , 3 . I also had Ole Miss , which I had capped at - 7 vsTxT at plus money as well. Both teams won in Week 1 , andperformed very well. However they struggled at QB play andproduction in the following weeks . I needed to find out why thathappened. That is what prompted the study mentioned in post# 3 . I didn't want to get caught on the short end on future wagers.While I kinda got sidetracked , I found a method that can preventme from being on the wrong side of bad QB play going forward.I will be able to use this to be more accurate in capping futurematchups , so I believe it was worth the effort.Just sharing the thought process behind the decision .GLTA All good stuff Wise!!!!





    Thanks bud. I've actually been studying this from a defensive
    perspective since the early '90's and the advent of the aptly
    named " Dual Threat Quarterback " and the efforts of a Defensive
    Coordinator  from Oklahoma named Brent Venables to limit the
    production of this " New " offensive scheme. It was fascinating and
    a very informative to see the methods that he devised . It also
    showed the limitations of some QB's knowledge of protections ,
    coverages , and the lack of ability to make adjustments as they
    could not make pre snap reads. If a bettor can see this in an
    opponent, it will always been a significant edge if the bettor could
    assess the magnitude of the loss of production. Understanding
    how to quantify this is step closer to determing " Value " in a wager.

    GL , Bud 
    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveCFB1_:

    I started out last season Week 1 with Notre Dame which I hadCapped at - 6 ( posted in another thread ) . I was able to buy itat + 2 ' , 3 . I also had Ole Miss , which I had capped at - 7 vsTxT at plus money as well. Both teams won in Week 1 , andperformed very well. However they struggled at QB play andproduction in the following weeks . I needed to find out why thathappened. That is what prompted the study mentioned in post# 3 . I didn't want to get caught on the short end on future wagers.While I kinda got sidetracked , I found a method that can preventme from being on the wrong side of bad QB play going forward.I will be able to use this to be more accurate in capping futurematchups , so I believe it was worth the effort.Just sharing the thought process behind the decision .GLTA All good stuff Wise!!!!





    Thanks bud. I've actually been studying this from a defensive
    perspective since the early '90's and the advent of the aptly
    named " Dual Threat Quarterback " and the efforts of a Defensive
    Coordinator  from Oklahoma named Brent Venables to limit the
    production of this " New " offensive scheme. It was fascinating and
    a very informative to see the methods that he devised . It also
    showed the limitations of some QB's knowledge of protections ,
    coverages , and the lack of ability to make adjustments as they
    could not make pre snap reads. If a bettor can see this in an
    opponent, it will always been a significant edge if the bettor could
    assess the magnitude of the loss of production. Understanding
    how to quantify this is step closer to determing " Value " in a wager.

    GL , Bud 
     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2019 - 1:16 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by themaceo:

    hey brother hope you had a good year last season




    Thanks Bud.Last season in week 1 , I was fortunate to find 2 plays
    that fit both my MOV and WP requirements. Since i cranked up my
    WP parameters for last season , I was surprised by that  due to the
    strict parameters I imposed on my plays due to the elevated WP.

    This season looks somewhat similar , but I will need a bit of Line
    movement to meet my reqiurements. Early indications point to the
    Line moving in my direction. We'll see how it goes.

    We'll talk closer to Week 1

    Blessings and Thanks again for your well wishes. It is appreciated.


    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by themaceo:

    hey brother hope you had a good year last season




    Thanks Bud.Last season in week 1 , I was fortunate to find 2 plays
    that fit both my MOV and WP requirements. Since i cranked up my
    WP parameters for last season , I was surprised by that  due to the
    strict parameters I imposed on my plays due to the elevated WP.

    This season looks somewhat similar , but I will need a bit of Line
    movement to meet my reqiurements. Early indications point to the
    Line moving in my direction. We'll see how it goes.

    We'll talk closer to Week 1

    Blessings and Thanks again for your well wishes. It is appreciated.


     
    themaceo
    themaceo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 2510
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2019 - 2:19 PM ET #10

    Good deal Wiseguy . Do you play many future bets ?
    Reply
    Good deal Wiseguy . Do you play many future bets ?
     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2019 - 2:31 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by themaceo:

    Good deal Wiseguy . Do you play many future bets ?



    I don't play RSW's ,but I will play on NC  Futures if the price is right.
    In 2016 and 2017 I was fortunate to have positions on BOTH
    participants of the National Championship game those years.

    I have no Futures wagers pending at this time. 
    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by themaceo:

    Good deal Wiseguy . Do you play many future bets ?



    I don't play RSW's ,but I will play on NC  Futures if the price is right.
    In 2016 and 2017 I was fortunate to have positions on BOTH
    participants of the National Championship game those years.

    I have no Futures wagers pending at this time. 
     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2019 - 2:43 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:




    I don't play RSW's ,but I will play on NC  Futures if the price is right.
    In 2016 and 2017 I was fortunate to have positions on BOTH
    participants of the National Championship game those years.


    I have no Futures wagers pending at this time. 




    If you are interested in reading about the thought process behind
    this , you can read about it in my 2017  NC or Bowl threads. 


    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:




    I don't play RSW's ,but I will play on NC  Futures if the price is right.
    In 2016 and 2017 I was fortunate to have positions on BOTH
    participants of the National Championship game those years.


    I have no Futures wagers pending at this time. 




    If you are interested in reading about the thought process behind
    this , you can read about it in my 2017  NC or Bowl threads. 


     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2019 - 7:30 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by themaceo:

    Good deal Wiseguy . Do you play many future bets ?




    No ,Right now , I'm actually making a profit betting MLB.   

    Looking to add to my 'roll before the season starts.  
    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by themaceo:

    Good deal Wiseguy . Do you play many future bets ?




    No ,Right now , I'm actually making a profit betting MLB.   

    Looking to add to my 'roll before the season starts.  
     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2019 - 9:58 AM ET #14

    Every season, I mention change in the makeup of College Football
    teams due to coaching changes , transfers , etc. which I believe
    those who seriously cap this sport should consider. Let me repeat , the " Transfer Portal " has made much of this change a lot easier.
    This causes some teams to lose depth at key positions while at the
    same time provide upgrades to quality starters / depth to others.

    Here is a list that defines the changes occurring for the 2019
    season

    1.  There are 27 teams with Head coaching changes  in FBS.

    2,  There are 25 teams with Head coaching changes in FCS.

    3.  There are 69 teams with  O / D Coordinator changes in FBS

    4   There are 415 team roster changes due to the Transfer Portal.

         They are Broken down as Follows :

    1. 46 Quarterbacks

    2, 42  Running Backs

    3. 75  Wide Recievers

    4. 25  Tight Ends

    5. 43  O Linemen

    6. 55  D Linemen

    7. 56  Linebackers

    8. 73  Defensive Backs

    Teams will look different than they did last season . Prepare for it.
    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    Every season, I mention change in the makeup of College Football
    teams due to coaching changes , transfers , etc. which I believe
    those who seriously cap this sport should consider. Let me repeat , the " Transfer Portal " has made much of this change a lot easier.
    This causes some teams to lose depth at key positions while at the
    same time provide upgrades to quality starters / depth to others.

    Here is a list that defines the changes occurring for the 2019
    season

    1.  There are 27 teams with Head coaching changes  in FBS.

    2,  There are 25 teams with Head coaching changes in FCS.

    3.  There are 69 teams with  O / D Coordinator changes in FBS

    4   There are 415 team roster changes due to the Transfer Portal.

         They are Broken down as Follows :

    1. 46 Quarterbacks

    2, 42  Running Backs

    3. 75  Wide Recievers

    4. 25  Tight Ends

    5. 43  O Linemen

    6. 55  D Linemen

    7. 56  Linebackers

    8. 73  Defensive Backs

    Teams will look different than they did last season . Prepare for it.
     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2019 - 10:41 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

    Every season, I mention change in the makeup of College Football
    teams due to coaching changes , transfers , etc. which I believe
    those who seriously cap this sport should consider. Let me repeat , the " Transfer Portal " has made much of this change a lot easier.
    This causes some teams to lose depth at key positions while at the
    same time provide upgrades to quality starters / depth to others.

    Here is a list that defines the changes occurring for the 2019
    season

    1.  There are 27 teams with Head coaching changes  in FBS.

    2,  There are 25 teams with Head coaching changes in FCS.

    3.  There are 69 teams with  O / D Coordinator changes in FBS

    4   There are 415 team roster changes due to the Transfer Portal.

         They are Broken down as Follows :

    1. 46 Quarterbacks

    2, 42  Running Backs

    3. 75  Wide Recievers

    4. 25  Tight Ends

    5. 43  O Linemen

    6. 55  D Linemen

    7. 56  Linebackers

    8. 73  Defensive Backs

    Teams will look different than they did last season . Prepare for it.




    The important thing to know about this process is that the players
    are transferring from " Upper Tier " schools because they are not
    going to be listed on the " three deep " chart . They are transferring
    mostly to " Middle Tier " programs ,  but also Rice , C. Carolina ,
    and even FCS programs to gain playing time. While upper tier
    programs lose experienced depth. this process will accelerate over
    time.
    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

    Every season, I mention change in the makeup of College Football
    teams due to coaching changes , transfers , etc. which I believe
    those who seriously cap this sport should consider. Let me repeat , the " Transfer Portal " has made much of this change a lot easier.
    This causes some teams to lose depth at key positions while at the
    same time provide upgrades to quality starters / depth to others.

    Here is a list that defines the changes occurring for the 2019
    season

    1.  There are 27 teams with Head coaching changes  in FBS.

    2,  There are 25 teams with Head coaching changes in FCS.

    3.  There are 69 teams with  O / D Coordinator changes in FBS

    4   There are 415 team roster changes due to the Transfer Portal.

         They are Broken down as Follows :

    1. 46 Quarterbacks

    2, 42  Running Backs

    3. 75  Wide Recievers

    4. 25  Tight Ends

    5. 43  O Linemen

    6. 55  D Linemen

    7. 56  Linebackers

    8. 73  Defensive Backs

    Teams will look different than they did last season . Prepare for it.




    The important thing to know about this process is that the players
    are transferring from " Upper Tier " schools because they are not
    going to be listed on the " three deep " chart . They are transferring
    mostly to " Middle Tier " programs ,  but also Rice , C. Carolina ,
    and even FCS programs to gain playing time. While upper tier
    programs lose experienced depth. this process will accelerate over
    time.
     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2019 - 11:28 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:





    The important thing to know about this process is that the players
    are transferring from " Upper Tier " schools because they are not
    going to be listed on the " three deep " chart . They are transferring
    mostly to " Middle Tier " programs ,  but also Rice , C. Carolina ,
    and even FCS programs to gain playing time. While upper tier
    programs lose experienced depth. this process will accelerate over
    time.





    FWIW , That 415 Number in the " Transfer Portal " is likely to get
    larger as we get into Fall camp in three weeks.
    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:





    The important thing to know about this process is that the players
    are transferring from " Upper Tier " schools because they are not
    going to be listed on the " three deep " chart . They are transferring
    mostly to " Middle Tier " programs ,  but also Rice , C. Carolina ,
    and even FCS programs to gain playing time. While upper tier
    programs lose experienced depth. this process will accelerate over
    time.





    FWIW , That 415 Number in the " Transfer Portal " is likely to get
    larger as we get into Fall camp in three weeks.
     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2019 - 10:03 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:




    FWIW , Bud . Choosing to dedicate the time to write the analytic
    on " Inconsistency at the QB Position and Production Probability "
    vs pursuing a personal performance goal was the right decision
    to make . I did not realize how much time and effort it would take
    to determine the 36 data points necessary and to validate all of
    them over a large number of trials. But the result of the effort will
    be a huge benefit going forward and provide a more accurate and
    positive outcome. I'm looking into one on " Risk Management "
    now prior to the start of the season.

    Good Luck , buddy  





    I'm a big proponent of analytics as the future of Capping College
    Football.Bookmakers believe this as well and continue to improve
    their knowledge and skills at using this "New " technology.

    In BA's thread ( Post # 31 ) , I cited some of the limits of accuracy
    to Connelly's work in predicting MOV's and WP on Week 1 games.

    I did not cite others . For example , I mentioned that his MOV
    projections were within  + / - 7 points 53 % of the time , and that
    3 % of the time his projections were off by 40 or more points.

    That means that 44 % of his projections were off by between 8 and
    39 points. To find out why , I had to break down his projections by
    Conference , and then by team. Once I did this , I was able to find
    out exactly what were the limits to his accuracy, and why.
    Hint : It is something that I have written about many times on this
    Forum.

    Using Data points to accurately determine probability is important
    in in this process. Validating each and every one  and determining 
    their correct weight in the conclusion, will always be even more
    important. Many are still learning that.

    To Analytics , The Future of Handicapping Sports    
    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:




    FWIW , Bud . Choosing to dedicate the time to write the analytic
    on " Inconsistency at the QB Position and Production Probability "
    vs pursuing a personal performance goal was the right decision
    to make . I did not realize how much time and effort it would take
    to determine the 36 data points necessary and to validate all of
    them over a large number of trials. But the result of the effort will
    be a huge benefit going forward and provide a more accurate and
    positive outcome. I'm looking into one on " Risk Management "
    now prior to the start of the season.

    Good Luck , buddy  





    I'm a big proponent of analytics as the future of Capping College
    Football.Bookmakers believe this as well and continue to improve
    their knowledge and skills at using this "New " technology.

    In BA's thread ( Post # 31 ) , I cited some of the limits of accuracy
    to Connelly's work in predicting MOV's and WP on Week 1 games.

    I did not cite others . For example , I mentioned that his MOV
    projections were within  + / - 7 points 53 % of the time , and that
    3 % of the time his projections were off by 40 or more points.

    That means that 44 % of his projections were off by between 8 and
    39 points. To find out why , I had to break down his projections by
    Conference , and then by team. Once I did this , I was able to find
    out exactly what were the limits to his accuracy, and why.
    Hint : It is something that I have written about many times on this
    Forum.

    Using Data points to accurately determine probability is important
    in in this process. Validating each and every one  and determining 
    their correct weight in the conclusion, will always be even more
    important. Many are still learning that.

    To Analytics , The Future of Handicapping Sports    
     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2020 - 10:42 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

    FWIW , I'm glad to see Mack Brown return to College Coacing.In his first stint at North Carolia , I cashed a lot of tickets on theTarheels thanks to a Coach who taught fundamentals as well asteam discipline . He may surprise a few teams this season.Natrone Means running the Ball for him helped a lot too .

     

     

    Who will be this season's Mack brown ?  an_wink

    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

    FWIW , I'm glad to see Mack Brown return to College Coacing.In his first stint at North Carolia , I cashed a lot of tickets on theTarheels thanks to a Coach who taught fundamentals as well asteam discipline . He may surprise a few teams this season.Natrone Means running the Ball for him helped a lot too .

     

     

    Who will be this season's Mack brown ?  an_wink

     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2020 - 10:47 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:







    Speaking of Team Discipline . Coach Brown  hired Defensive
    Coordinator Jay Bateman away from Army to be Co DC.
    The 'Heels also have a good sized O Line with experience and
    very capable RB's. I look for Mack to develop the run game to try
    to keep his very inexperienced QB out of poor down and distance
    situations.




    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:







    Speaking of Team Discipline . Coach Brown  hired Defensive
    Coordinator Jay Bateman away from Army to be Co DC.
    The 'Heels also have a good sized O Line with experience and
    very capable RB's. I look for Mack to develop the run game to try
    to keep his very inexperienced QB out of poor down and distance
    situations.




     
    LonghornHoosier
    LonghornHoosier
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 12303
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2020 - 12:15 AM ET #20

    good stuff Wise!   Look forward to your insights in 2020!  

    LonghornHoosier
    Reply

    good stuff Wise!   Look forward to your insights in 2020!  

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2020 - 6:55 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

     

     

    Who will be this season's Mack brown ? 


    Georgia Tech's Collins has my eye. Maybe moving up this year.

    Don't see Michigan State going anywhere with the Tucker hire. He was given 6 mil for assistant coach payroll and all he gets is former MSU and CU coaches. Add one from Wisc. and a high school coach. Throwing money away it seems.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

     

     

    Who will be this season's Mack brown ? 


    Georgia Tech's Collins has my eye. Maybe moving up this year.

    Don't see Michigan State going anywhere with the Tucker hire. He was given 6 mil for assistant coach payroll and all he gets is former MSU and CU coaches. Add one from Wisc. and a high school coach. Throwing money away it seems.
     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Feb. 29, 2020 - 9:19 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:


    Georgia Tech's Collins has my eye. Maybe moving up this year.

    Don't see Michigan State going anywhere with the Tucker hire. He was given 6 mil for assistant coach payroll and all he gets is former MSU and CU coaches. Add one from Wisc. and a high school coach. Throwing money away it seems.

    Tucker also picked up Scottie Hazelton from Kansas St for D Coordinator for just over a mil a year. Not a bad hire.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:


    Georgia Tech's Collins has my eye. Maybe moving up this year.

    Don't see Michigan State going anywhere with the Tucker hire. He was given 6 mil for assistant coach payroll and all he gets is former MSU and CU coaches. Add one from Wisc. and a high school coach. Throwing money away it seems.

    Tucker also picked up Scottie Hazelton from Kansas St for D Coordinator for just over a mil a year. Not a bad hire.
     
     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2020 - 5:51 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

    Every season, I mention change in the makeup of College Footballteams due to coaching changes , transfers , etc. which I believethose who seriously cap this sport should consider. Let me repeat , the " Transfer Portal " has made much of this change a lot easier.This causes some teams to lose depth at key positions while at thesame time provide upgrades to quality starters / depth to others.Here is a list that defines the changes occurring for the 2019 season1.  There are 27 teams with Head coaching changes  in FBS.2,  There are 25 teams with Head coaching changes in FCS.3.  There are 69 teams with  O / D Coordinator changes in FBS4   There are 415 team roster changes due to the Transfer Portal.     They are Broken down as Follows :1. 46 Quarterbacks2, 42  Running Backs3. 75  Wide Recievers4. 25  Tight Ends5. 43  O Linemen6. 55  D Linemen7. 56  Linebackers8. 73  Defensive BacksTeams will look different than they did last season . Prepare for it.

     

    Time for my annual reminder to all regarding players who have changed

    teams via the " Transfer Portal " . I won't do a detailed breakdown on this

    as I did last season , but I will say that 500 + players have changed teams

    this year prior to the season start.This generally means that upper tier

    programs tend to lose depth in their 3 deeps which tends to offer roster

    upgrades to middle tier programs. This ,along with Head Coaching /

    Coordinator changes ( of which there are many as well ) will make a

    lot of teams somewhat different in performance this season .

    Especially in the early part of the season.

    GLTA

    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

    Every season, I mention change in the makeup of College Footballteams due to coaching changes , transfers , etc. which I believethose who seriously cap this sport should consider. Let me repeat , the " Transfer Portal " has made much of this change a lot easier.This causes some teams to lose depth at key positions while at thesame time provide upgrades to quality starters / depth to others.Here is a list that defines the changes occurring for the 2019 season1.  There are 27 teams with Head coaching changes  in FBS.2,  There are 25 teams with Head coaching changes in FCS.3.  There are 69 teams with  O / D Coordinator changes in FBS4   There are 415 team roster changes due to the Transfer Portal.     They are Broken down as Follows :1. 46 Quarterbacks2, 42  Running Backs3. 75  Wide Recievers4. 25  Tight Ends5. 43  O Linemen6. 55  D Linemen7. 56  Linebackers8. 73  Defensive BacksTeams will look different than they did last season . Prepare for it.

     

    Time for my annual reminder to all regarding players who have changed

    teams via the " Transfer Portal " . I won't do a detailed breakdown on this

    as I did last season , but I will say that 500 + players have changed teams

    this year prior to the season start.This generally means that upper tier

    programs tend to lose depth in their 3 deeps which tends to offer roster

    upgrades to middle tier programs. This ,along with Head Coaching /

    Coordinator changes ( of which there are many as well ) will make a

    lot of teams somewhat different in performance this season .

    Especially in the early part of the season.

    GLTA

    All Forums | College Football

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,650
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 267,654
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,692
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,094
    • PART DEUX 306
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 32,270
    • Trump's legacy? 33,919
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,977
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 567
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,792

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.