New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

NCAA Fall practice plan.

Participants:
Views: 149

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

ESPN is reporting that the NCAA has approved a 6 week practice plan

that will begin in July to prepare teams for the upcoming season.

Initially focusing on a two week Conditioning and film study program

prior to Fall camps opening as usual during the first week in August.

Quote Post Report User

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

13 of my Texas Longhorns have it as of now...What will happen in July?   I hope we have college football, but I don't know...

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

13 of my Texas Longhorns have it as of now...What will happen in July?   I hope we have college football, but I don't know...

Sorry to hear that news about your Longhorns. It will be interesting with 13 infections just what ,

if any , the rate of spread will be. The NCAA is giving teams an additional two weeks to make up

for no Spring practice this year. It's a way for coaches to get additional time to interact with

players , to teach , and to enable players to have additional time to get into playing shape.

For those initial two weeks there can be walkthroughs , no helmets or pads , film study ,

just about all non contact stuff.

Most teams still have roster spots to grade and fill. This will take place in August, as usual.

The only difference this season will be can teams keep their players away from Covid thru

Fall Camp , and will the players health be the deciding factor in who is able to start week 1.

I am more concerned about Coordinators / Position Coaches health thru this 6 week period.

Personally , I believe that the season will start as scheduled.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

FYI , ESPN is reporting that 21 Clemson players and two football staff tested positive this week.

23 Total

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

LSU began voluntary workouts June 9th . They now have over 30 players in Quarantine .

K State has 14 that tested positive.

Things are starting to accelerate relative to Covid and College Football.

Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo