After today's loss I heard some commentators say Miami of Ohio is NOT an NCAA cinch. They cited their weak strength of schedule and their poor KenPom ratings. I hadn't heard before they weren't a lock. (MAC's auto bid goes to tournament winner, not regular season.)
They are 31-1. Are they actually in trouble????? (I don't follow it close enough to know and generally ignore all bracketology stuff.)
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
After today's loss I heard some commentators say Miami of Ohio is NOT an NCAA cinch. They cited their weak strength of schedule and their poor KenPom ratings. I hadn't heard before they weren't a lock. (MAC's auto bid goes to tournament winner, not regular season.)
They are 31-1. Are they actually in trouble????? (I don't follow it close enough to know and generally ignore all bracketology stuff.)
I'm mean committee will not leave them out! Undefeated regular season and they don't weigh much into conference tournaments. So they are 1 of the 68 team in the ncaa
I'm mean committee will not leave them out! Undefeated regular season and they don't weigh much into conference tournaments. So they are 1 of the 68 team in the ncaa
If every team was was left out for one head scratching loss.....the NCAA Tournament would be 25% of the size it currently is. Fact is that sometimes you have an off game.....or you play a team that gets hot. Discounting Miami (OH) for this one loss is silly. And to jam in which team instead? Auburn? They went 7-11 in conference. Sorry....but if teams can't win half of their conference games, they don't really have a complaint for being left out.
@gary4323
If every team was was left out for one head scratching loss.....the NCAA Tournament would be 25% of the size it currently is. Fact is that sometimes you have an off game.....or you play a team that gets hot. Discounting Miami (OH) for this one loss is silly. And to jam in which team instead? Auburn? They went 7-11 in conference. Sorry....but if teams can't win half of their conference games, they don't really have a complaint for being left out.
I don't disagree. But they still managed a record of 31-1. No reason why they should be left out of a field of 68 teams in favor of a team that barely won half of their games.
@Rayfr
I don't disagree. But they still managed a record of 31-1. No reason why they should be left out of a field of 68 teams in favor of a team that barely won half of their games.