Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #99

Quote Originally Posted by AvidGuru:

I enjoyed the commentators for Croatia/Nigeria. But outside of that, its been terrible. I understand enjoying it, and you could make an argument that this is the point.... But for anyone who knows the sport - it was a disgrace. It would be like Will Ferrell announcing and NFL game.  Once in a while maybe, but over time it would be horrific.  To me, this is too big of an event to experiment with non-experienced announcers.   I envy those in Canada who are getting Ian Darke and other British announcers who do this week in and week out for 30+ years.

Did not realize how Lucky I was in Canada until, out of curiosity, I tuned into FOX's "coverage" for 20 minutes..

Typical American Media arrogant prideful "anything you can do, I can do BETTER" mentality...

Forgive me, these commens do not reflect my feelings toward the USA general population

Even if I didn't speak Spanish I would watch Telemundo/Univision over ANY USA comentated match.

English speakers: Try it.
The pen is mightier than the pigs

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #100

Brilliant gameplan and execution by Mexico.

Defend deep, allow possession, and they brought their striker back also to create overlap space up top for their wingers on the break.  By doing this, Germany felt comfortable bringing their center backs up further than normal, which allowed even more space to get exposed by Mexico speed.

Just perfection.

Who is this result worst for?  Not Germany (although it might prove to be bad) - but Sweden.  Sweden should know anything less than a win against S Korea is a disaster now.  I expect them to really go for it tomorrow.

I never met a hater better than me. I am on twitter
All Forums | FIFA World Cup
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GPWA Logo GDPR Logo GeoTrust Logo Evalon Logo