Is this trade even?

Forum: Fantasy Sports
Author: [Fantasy Sports] Topic: Is this trade even?
ogmike PM ogmike
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2947
 
ogmike
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 9/25/2012 6:29:19 PM
I want to offer Foster, Palmer, and Ogletree for Matt Ryan, Megatron, and Ryan Williams.

In this league, we get 2 pts per reception and one pt per carry.  This guy and I have the two highest scoring teams in our league.  This is how my team looks like currently.  We start 2RB/2WR/Flex.     

QB: Vick, Palmer
RB: Foster, Murray, Morris, Andre Brown, Mendenhall
WR: Roddy, Harvin, Lloyd, Ogletree, Heyward-Bey, Stephen Hill
TE: Gresham, Mercedes Lewis
DST: Packers
K: Justin Tucker

Thanks for any input.
Ktrain PM Ktrain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6371
 
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 9/25/2012 6:39:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ogmike:

I want to offer Foster, Palmer, and Ogletree for Matt Ryan, Megatron, and Ryan Williams.

In this league, we get 2 pts per reception and one pt per carry.  This guy and I have the two highest scoring teams in our league.  This is how my team looks like currently.  We start 2RB/2WR/Flex.     

QB: Vick, Palmer
RB: Foster, Murray, Morris, Andre Brown, Mendenhall
WR: Roddy, Harvin, Lloyd, Ogletree, Heyward-Bey, Stephen Hill
TE: Gresham, Mercedes Lewis
DST: Packers
K: Justin Tucker

Thanks for any input.

I don't think I would do the deal if I were him, but if you can swing it good for you. 

I think Ryan Williams is going to end up the starter in AZ and Megatron and Matty Ice pretty much speak for themselves at this point. 

Foster is a beast and Palmer is a little bit underrated imo but Ogletree is pretty much a throw in. You're definitely getting the better end of the deal if you land it. 

I don't think he will bite on it, but if he does then good for you. 
KQC PM KQC
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3852
 
KQC
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 9/25/2012 6:46:53 PM
No, I see Palmer and Ogletree as pretty worthless
ogmike PM ogmike
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2947
 
ogmike
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 9/25/2012 7:39:47 PM
What if I threw in Brandon Lloyd instead of Ogletree?  It seems like he might bite b/c it would be a huge upgrade at RB.  He has Green-Ellis, Spiller, Doug Martin, Ryan Williams, and Helu.  He also has Dalton at QB and happens to be a TCU grad; hoping he is really high on Dalton.  What do you guys think? 
EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3291
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 9/25/2012 8:20:03 PM
Not fair at all
ogmike PM ogmike
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2947
 
ogmike
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 9/25/2012 8:26:16 PM
ok, how about this:

foster, palmer, and lloyd for ryan, megatron, and helu?  is that close to being fair?
EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3291
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 9/25/2012 10:18:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ogmike:

ok, how about this:

foster, palmer, and lloyd for ryan, megatron, and helu?  is that close to being fair?


try for williams before helu, helu is pretty much worthless
ogmike PM ogmike
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2947
 
ogmike
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 9/26/2012 9:38:51 AM
yeah i know helu is worthless, i'm just trying to get it somewhat fairer so the other guy will bite.  i really want ryan. 
Ktrain PM Ktrain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6371
 
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 9/26/2012 9:50:31 AM
If you were on the other side of the deal, would you take the deal?

I wouldn't with Helu in it. I would consider it of I saw more out of Williams this week.
Posted using a mobile device.
Theone324 PM Theone324
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 18584
 
Theone324
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 9/26/2012 11:31:31 AM
Keep your team intact and scoop Andy Dalton off the waiver wire, he is putting up huge numbers
ogmike PM ogmike
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2947
 
ogmike
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 9/26/2012 12:33:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:

If you were on the other side of the deal, would you take the deal?

I wouldn't with Helu in it. I would consider it of I saw more out of Williams this week.


The other guy would be giving me Matty Ice, Megatron and Helu/Williams.  I think he would be more than likely to bite if I asked for Helu instead.  If I was him, I think I would consider it.


ogmike PM ogmike
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2947
 
ogmike
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 9/26/2012 12:34:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Theone324:

Keep your team intact and scoop Andy Dalton off the waiver wire, he is putting up huge numbers


Yeah, I mentioned up above that this guy already has Dalton.  Thanks though
Ktrain PM Ktrain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6371
 
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 9/26/2012 9:56:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ogmike:



The other guy would be giving me Matty Ice, Megatron and Helu/Williams.  I think he would be more than likely to bite if I asked for Helu instead.  If I was him, I think I would consider it.



My fault. Yeah I would ask for Williams now, but settle for Helu. I can't see him wanting to part with Williams with Beanie on the shelf for 8 or so weeks. 
Forum: Fantasy Sports
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.