Messages

Forum Index : College Basketball : Messages
Author: [College Basketball] Topic: South Dakota State @ North Dakota State... Saturday, December 28, 2012 - 7:00 p.m. (central)
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18631
Location: South Dakota
#1
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:57:08 AM
The Jacks off a huge upset win at the Pit in New Mexico now travels to Grand Forks to take on North Dakota State.  Since SDSU went division one leaving their in state rival USD to play in the division two ranks alone there is no question that NDSU became the Jacks biggest rival.  Still to this day just as many people attend the NDSU game as the USD games.  The place is always packed.  The same will be said for NDSU at home too as it will be packed.  There will be a fair amount of Jackrabbit fans that travel north to Grand Forks and watch the game too.  This is one of the three biggest games for the year (both home and away) for Bison and Jackrabbit fans alike.  I am not traveling but I will be watching the game at Cubby's tonight.

Anyway on to the game. I have been utterally impressed with NDSU this year.  I knew they would be in the running for Summit League champ but there is no question it is a three way race between NDSU, WIU and SDSU for the coveted spot in the NCAA tourney.  This should be a good game for any basketball fan tonight.  NDSU is about the same as last year.  They have Taylor Braun as their leading scorer and like the last couple meetings he will be tough to shut down.  Of course NDSU never had an answer for Nate Wolters or Jordan Dysktra either.  Their size is the same as SDSUs their guard play (other than Braun) is inferior and their post play is inferior.  I expect a very close, hard fought game between these two teams with NDSU winning by a bucket and maybe a couple more FTs at the end.  I would have put the line at NDSU -6.5 and I see the line came out NDSU -8.

I love getting 8 points in a game like this but the line is now all the way down to 7.  I am going to hold tight and see if it will rise.  However, if it goes down another half point I will buy a full point to either 8 or 7.5 and put two units on SDSU.  BOL!
quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18631
Location: South Dakota
#2
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:58:57 AM
^Sorry watching a Fighting Sioux hockey game and had Grand Forks on my mind.  I mean FARGO, North Dakota.  I hadn't given it much thought until I was re-reading my post.

By the way always lean over in a game like this but I would not go over 152.5 as I do not see a line out yet for a total.  BOL!
quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18631
Location: South Dakota
#3
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:01:34 AM
Other leans:

UNC -4
Ville -7
Vandy +6
USD -3

quote
KingRGIII send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
KingRGIII
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4421
Location:
#4
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:22:28 AM

Any opinion on the Ladies matchup of the same two teams? The Lady Jackrabbits are clearly the better team and NDS has taken a couple of beatings on the road to Alaska Anchorage and Green Bay, both by over 25 points.

This spread is pretty steep at 22.5 in favor of SDSU, was curious if you follow the ladies.

quote
Speirs send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Speirs
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 760
Location: Tennessee
#5
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:36:02 AM
Always enjoy your write ups and insight. Good luck!
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Getty3
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Getty3
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 16885
Location: Florida
#6
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:05:34 AM
My immediate reaction was this seemed like a very strong opening line on the favorite in what appears to be a relatively evenly matched game. Good Luck if you play the Rabbits, but that line would surely scare me off the underdog. 
quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18631
Location: South Dakota
#7
Posted: 12/29/2012 1:08:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KingRGIII:

Any opinion on the Ladies matchup of the same two teams? The Lady Jackrabbits are clearly the better team and NDS has taken a couple of beatings on the road to Alaska Anchorage and Green Bay, both by over 25 points.

This spread is pretty steep at 22.5 in favor of SDSU, was curious if you follow the ladies.


As a matter of fact I do.  This lady Jackrabbit team is perhaps the worst Jackrabbit team that coach AJ has put on the floor in probably half a decade.  They are young and very raw.  There is a very good chance that the lady Jacks do not win the Summit League this year after being the sole representative since the beginning of the league.  I wish I could get woman lines and I also like NDSU getting all of those points.  No doubt SDSU wins outright but that is a HUGE spread for them to cover and after watching them play others this year I don't see them ever covering a spread like that and certainly not in a rivalry game like this one.  BOL!
quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18631
Location: South Dakota
#8
Posted: 12/29/2012 1:08:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Speirs:

Always enjoy your write ups and insight. Good luck!

Thanks and BOL Speirs!
quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18631
Location: South Dakota
#9
Posted: 12/29/2012 1:10:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Getty3:

My immediate reaction was this seemed like a very strong opening line on the favorite in what appears to be a relatively evenly matched game. Good Luck if you play the Rabbits, but that line would surely scare me off the underdog. 

I hear ya.  Believe me it is not my favorite line I have seen this year (Montana being my favorite so far) but you have to take the underdog in this series.  When NDSU comes to Frost next month I am sure I will be at least initially leaning NDSU (depending upon what the spread it).  It will be hard for SDSU to win outright for sure (if not nearly impossible) but it should be a close and hard fought game.  BOL!
quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18631
Location: South Dakota
#10
Posted: 12/29/2012 1:12:17 PM
My two sons are hockey players so we are at the ice rink all day.  I am working the penalty box and score keeper for about six games I doubt I will be able to post before the game.  Like I said I am going to monitor the line and if I cannot get 7.5 or 8 points I am going to buy a point to get to that figure (depending on what the line is at that time of course).  I will be taking the points with the Jacks for two units.  BOL to all today!
quote
KingRGIII send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
KingRGIII
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4421
Location:
#11
Posted: 12/29/2012 2:03:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jesron1269:


As a matter of fact I do.  This lady Jackrabbit team is perhaps the worst Jackrabbit team that coach AJ has put on the floor in probably half a decade.  They are young and very raw.  There is a very good chance that the lady Jacks do not win the Summit League this year after being the sole representative since the beginning of the league.  I wish I could get woman lines and I also like NDSU getting all of those points.  No doubt SDSU wins outright but that is a HUGE spread for them to cover and after watching them play others this year I don't see them ever covering a spread like that and certainly not in a rivalry game like this one.  BOL!

Perfect!  I didn't realize the Lady Jackrabbits team was so young. I'm use to them winning the Summit League so I figured they were the odds on favorite this year as well. But I still figured this was a rivalry game and 22.5 points are a bunch. Seems to me if NDSU comes to play at all they can keep it under this number. I thought this line was high and you confirmed it.

quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18631
Location: South Dakota
#12
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:49:51 PM
Just got back from Cubby's and damn the Jacks should have won the game outright but for the BS calls by refs bailing out NDSU and failing to call one of the most obvious traveling calls I have ever seen.  Plus Nate insisting on trying to hit his stupid runner that he does not once but twice down the stretch.  Basically the Jacks really had to try to lose this game they did.

I ended up doing as I posted I would and bought a point to SDSU +7.5 -130 and won with ease.

SDSU +7.5 for 2 units = 

I also played UNC -2 for 1 unit and won but since I didn't post it then that play will not count

I never played USD, Ville or Vandy and as you can see the first would have been good but not the other two.  I will be back next week with the next Jacks game.  BOL!
quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18631
Location: South Dakota
#13
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:51:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KingRGIII:

Perfect!  I didn't realize the Lady Jackrabbits team was so young. I'm use to them winning the Summit League so I figured they were the odds on favorite this year as well. But I still figured this was a rivalry game and 22.5 points are a bunch. Seems to me if NDSU comes to play at all they can keep it under this number. I thought this line was high and you confirmed it.


BOL!  Please do tell me when you get a chance where you are getting this line.  If I can find an online book I might be able to get my local on board and I can hopefully cash with you.  BOL!
quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18631
Location: South Dakota
#14
Posted: 12/29/2012 11:16:20 PM
8-3  +6.4 units on Jacks games

19-8 +12.22 units on the season

Updated record
quote
CoverLane send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
CoverLane
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6903
Location:
#15
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:00:26 AM
quote
KingRGIII send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
KingRGIII
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4421
Location:
#16
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:20:48 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jesron1269:


BOL!  Please do tell me when you get a chance where you are getting this line.  If I can find an online book I might be able to get my local on board and I can hopefully cash with you.  BOL!

Tell your local to check 5Dimes. Line right now holding steady at SDSU -22.5 with a total of 123.5

quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18631
Location: South Dakota
#17
Posted: 12/30/2012 10:05:57 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CoverLane:


Thanks CoverLane.  I hope you cashed too!
quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18631
Location: South Dakota
#18
Posted: 12/30/2012 10:07:26 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KingRGIII:

Tell your local to check 5Dimes. Line right now holding steady at SDSU -22.5 with a total of 123.5


Thanks for the tip KingRGIII.  I am planning on going to the game so would LOVE some action on it.  I will see if my local will give me this line and 5Dimes is very respected so I doubt it will be a problem.
quote
DaBuddha send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DaBuddha
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 413
Location: Dominican
              Republic
#19
Posted: 12/30/2012 10:49:25 AM
SDSU was the better team, I really hope they win the Summit and get into the tourney.  Wolters could definitely lead them to a #13 vs. #4 seed upset.  Thanks so much for your insight!  Happy holidays!
quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18631
Location: South Dakota
#20
Posted: 12/30/2012 11:09:05 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DaBuddha:

SDSU was the better team, I really hope they win the Summit and get into the tourney.  Wolters could definitely lead them to a #13 vs. #4 seed upset.  Thanks so much for your insight!  Happy holidays!

Thanks for the post DaBuddha and I agree the better team lost last night.  I am still burned by all the home cooking calls they got down the stretch.  I would have been a HUGE conference win for the Jacks.  The best part of Summit League betting is just beginning as next week everyone is in conference play.
quote
Forum Index : College Basketball : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.