Messages

Forum Index : College Basketball : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [College Basketball] Topic: Sunday Hoops
nropp11
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
nropp11
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 7954
Location: United States
#1
Posted: 1/22/2012 8:27:07 AM
November: 46-38, +5.20
November Leans: 39-38
December: 65-70, -9.45
December Leans: 67-79
January: 38-30, +10.50
January Leans: 33-31


5* Wisconsin -1
3* Depaul +1.5
2* Loyola MD -12
1* NC State/Miami FL Over 144.5
1* Canisius/Rider Over 146
1* Niagara/Manhattan Under 140

Lean: Cleveland State -5
Lean: Northwestern +5
Lean: Virginia Tech/Virginia Under 113.5
Lean: Wisconsin/Illinois Under 108.5

GL
quote
pucku27
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
pucku27
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 38591
Location: Rhode Island
#2
Posted: 1/22/2012 8:31:19 AM

GL BUDDY

quote
wmi799
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wmi799
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 12565
Location: United States
#3
Posted: 1/22/2012 8:34:22 AM
BOL on the plays today Neil. I will have to take a closer look at these!
quote
pitchcs send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
pitchcs
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 106
Location: Illinois
#4
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:04:32 AM
Illinois/Wisky seems like another true toss-up.

Illinois off a semi-bad loss, at home, first sell-out of the season...Wisky just not that great this year.  Tough to understand this one without a write-up.
quote
crazy1464
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
crazy1464
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 2437
Location: New York
#5
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:06:59 AM
illinois will come to play today! i am surprised you are on wisky! 
quote
xrayguy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
xrayguy
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 31
Location: Kentucky
#6
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:13:42 AM
GL today Roop.  Appreciate your research and am amazed at the number of people on this site that do NONE but can girl like an old woman when they lose.
quote
tim1962 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
tim1962
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1058
Location: Kentucky
#7
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:29:40 AM
good luck today
quote
nropp11
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
nropp11
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 7954
Location: United States
#8
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:39:39 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by pitchcs:

Illinois/Wisky seems like another true toss-up.

Illinois off a semi-bad loss, at home, first sell-out of the season...Wisky just not that great this year.  Tough to understand this one without a write-up.

Holds value in basically a PK situation on what I feel is the better team. Sure, Wisconsin's not played as well as they could have on the year, and sure, Illinois has played a bit better than what I think everyone projected on the year, but that's the reason you have value here. You can't say oh this team and that team's done better or they're playing good, and then try to find value from that. I noticed you have the chief as your avatar. What impresses you from Illinois in a slow grind it out game? The half court offense is pretty bad in a regular setting, and now they'll be forced to play to a snail's pace against the best defense in the country at this pace. They should struggle to score today. From a match-up perspective, Wisconsin's greatest strength from a defensive perspective is pressure out front. If they're putting pressure out front on the guards, then Leonard's probably not going to be a big part of the game in the low post. And, as I've seen in recent weeks, he hasn't really been a part of the offensive game plan at all. If for some reason Weber does decide to get him the ball in the post, then from a one-on-one standpoint, Wisconsin's interior defenders both rank nationally in block percentages and steal percentages. As far as Illinois, their team defense is good. I've stated that numerous times, but what you've seen in recent weeks as far as the team defense is a team without it's weakest defender in Maniscalco not being a part of the mix. Who is he going to guard here? Taylor? Brust? I have no idea, but if he is on Taylor, then Advantage Wisconsin. Aside from that, the team defense shouldn't look as good, b/c they haven't in the snail, and the way that Wisconsin wears you down while they have the ball on offense generally spells doom by the time the end of the game comes. And, if that happens, Illinois doesn't really have much depth, and if they go to a deeper bench, then the guys they're bringing in are offensive liabilities. Of course, those are my opinions and how I see the game. Can Illinois win? Sure, it's possible. The home court is one of the better in the country. And, they've had some big home wins in the past few years. But, I value experience and style here a bit more than I do the homecourt. That's my preference, nobody else's. As I stated yesterday, every game that you or me or anyone here taking part in has a 50/50 chance of hitting. Nothing more, nothing less. And, quite frankly, it's sad that anytime I put a play out there, I must have reasoning to back it up. I think I've commented a fair amount on just about every team in the country to this point to understand what I'm going to do in certain spots. If you don't see a write-up, then find a play for yourself. Watch some games, study the teams, and learn a bit about the game. Start a discussion thread on the game, that's what this place is about. Whether I provide a write-up or not has no effect on the outcome of the game. Again, some of you find that hard to believe. Fortunately, I do have a life outside of covers, and sometimes there are more important things that need my attention. Why people can't understand that is beyond my wildest imagination. 

GL
quote
AgainstDaConsen send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
AgainstDaConsen
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 16713
Location: Northwest
              Territories
#9
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:43:33 AM
lets go 6-0 and shut these guy up today
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Gordon Gekko
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Gordon Gekko
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 5814
Location: New York
#10
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:43:36 AM

Nropp,

You do a great job with your classification of picks.  No need to explain.  On the opposite side with Illinois but good luck on your other picks.

quote
TheEDouble send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
TheEDouble
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 781
Location:
#11
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:43:47 AM

Neil, you dont even need to explain anything to these assclowns.

bitchcs - since his play is "so hard to understand without a writeup" then simple, DONT PLAY THE GAME!

How about YOU providing a lengthy write up on each game that you write everything. You have nothing better to do while living in your moms basement.

quote
Eagles20 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Eagles20
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 25
Location: Pennsylvania
#12
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:48:20 AM
Neil. Im gonna need a little more info on why you think depaul covers today.

Just kidding. GL buddy.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
bigkaptain send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
bigkaptain
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1121
Location: Nevada
#13
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:49:25 AM

on illinois but gl nropp

quote
mariner24
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mariner24
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2225
Location: New York
#14
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:54:05 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nropp11:


Holds value in basically a PK situation on what I feel is the better team. Sure, Wisconsin's not played as well as they could have on the year, and sure, Illinois has played a bit better than what I think everyone projected on the year, but that's the reason you have value here. You can't say oh this team and that team's done better or they're playing good, and then try to find value from that. I noticed you have the chief as your avatar. What impresses you from Illinois in a slow grind it out game? The half court offense is pretty bad in a regular setting, and now they'll be forced to play to a snail's pace against the best defense in the country at this pace. They should struggle to score today. From a match-up perspective, Wisconsin's greatest strength from a defensive perspective is pressure out front. If they're putting pressure out front on the guards, then Leonard's probably not going to be a big part of the game in the low post. And, as I've seen in recent weeks, he hasn't really been a part of the offensive game plan at all. If for some reason Weber does decide to get him the ball in the post, then from a one-on-one standpoint, Wisconsin's interior defenders both rank nationally in block percentages and steal percentages. As far as Illinois, their team defense is good. I've stated that numerous times, but what you've seen in recent weeks as far as the team defense is a team without it's weakest defender in Maniscalco not being a part of the mix. Who is he going to guard here? Taylor? Brust? I have no idea, but if he is on Taylor, then Advantage Wisconsin. Aside from that, the team defense shouldn't look as good, b/c they haven't in the snail, and the way that Wisconsin wears you down while they have the ball on offense generally spells doom by the time the end of the game comes. And, if that happens, Illinois doesn't really have much depth, and if they go to a deeper bench, then the guys they're bringing in are offensive liabilities. Of course, those are my opinions and how I see the game. Can Illinois win? Sure, it's possible. The home court is one of the better in the country. And, they've had some big home wins in the past few years. But, I value experience and style here a bit more than I do the homecourt. That's my preference, nobody else's. As I stated yesterday, every game that you or me or anyone here taking part in has a 50/50 chance of hitting. Nothing more, nothing less. And, quite frankly, it's sad that anytime I put a play out there, I must have reasoning to back it up. I think I've commented a fair amount on just about every team in the country to this point to understand what I'm going to do in certain spots. If you don't see a write-up, then find a play for yourself. Watch some games, study the teams, and learn a bit about the game. Start a discussion thread on the game, that's what this place is about. Whether I provide a write-up or not has no effect on the outcome of the game. Again, some of you find that hard to believe. Fortunately, I do have a life outside of covers, and sometimes there are more important things that need my attention. Why people can't understand that is beyond my wildest imagination. 

GL
quote
J-HA send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Caesars Palace |
J-HA
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 899
Location: Nebraska
#15
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:10:30 AM
GL today Neil. 
quote
clyde101 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
clyde101
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 120
Location: Utah
#16
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:12:24 AM
Nropp,
The Newt Gingrich of Covers!
lmao
gl buddy
quote
brthestar send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
brthestar
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 420
Location: Texas
#17
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:17:49 AM
[Quote: Originally Posted by nropp11]
November: 46-38, +5.20
November Leans: 39-38
December: 65-70, -9.45
December Leans: 67-79
January: 38-30, +10.50
January Leans: 33-31


5* Wisconsin -1
3* Depaul +1.5
2* Loyola MD -12
1* NC State/Miami FL Over 144.5
1* Canisius/Rider Over 146
1* Niagara/Manhattan Under 140

Lean: Cleveland State -5
Lean: Northwestern +5
Lean: Virginia Tech/Virginia Under 113.5
Lean: Wisconsin/Illinois Under 108.5

GL
 
Hey Nropp....you think Penn St. can hang with +14.5 at Indiana.....I know...they SUCK on the road...but wouldl love your input on this.  I'm leaning PSU but hesitant on pulling trigger.
quote
sllab33 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
sllab33
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 551
Location: Wisconsin
#18
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:34:19 AM

So how did the high school team you scouted for do yesterday?  Were they able to increase the tempo like you thought?

quote
DORIAN07 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: SPORTSBETTING.AG |
DORIAN07
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 981
Location: Illinois
#19
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:45:44 AM

Solid Card!

quote
philly 99 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
philly 99
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 194
Location: United States
#20
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:50:32 AM
Sad to see all the idiots surface last night...NROPP thank you for all you do for us members who look for an advantage... keep at it, your efforts are much appreciated !   thank you
quote
PLAYAAAA1969 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
PLAYAAAA1969
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5802
Location: New York
#21
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:51:15 AM
Wisky gets the W .....Wisky has a new urgency...
quote
luisc98 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: betED.com |
luisc98
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1004
Location: Arizona
#22
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:58:42 AM
Thanks Nropp for sharing your picks and analysis. People just dont understand that you are not obligated or get paid to do this. You do it to help the people that have limited knowledge on college basketball and the teams that are not shown on television. For as much knowledge as you have on the game I think you definitely could get a job as a scout for a college basketball team.
quote
ryno23 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ryno23
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1014
Location: Massachusetts
#23
Posted: 1/22/2012 11:02:17 AM

HERE WE GO AGAIN...SEEMS EVERY YEAR I MUST PUT MY 2 CENTS IN...

NEIL FIRST OFF, THANKS FOR THE WORK YOU DO....YOU DONT WIN ALL THE TIME(OMG) BUT WHO DOES...THE ANALYSIS IS PRICELESS EACH DAY...I FOR ONE LEARN ALOT AND I DONT HAVE TONS OF TIME TO BREAK DSOWN GAMES SO IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED.

FOR THE IDIOTS THAT BASH AFTER THEY LOSE ON ONE OF YOUR PICKS..DRAG YOUR behind..WE DONT NEED YOUR INPUT.

I WAS ON ND ST FOR A CPL REASONS ALSO..IT LOST..MOVE ON... I JUST DONT GET PPL COMING IN AND RIPPING YOU WHEN A PICK DOESNT HIT OR GO THEIR WAY. ITS GAMBLING..AND IF YOU FOLLOW ANYONE... THERE IS NO ROOM FOR COMPLAINING.

SO..ONCE AGAIN...I APPRECIATE AND RESPECT ALL YOU DO..AND FOR THE MMOST PART YOU KEEP YOUR COOL WITH THESE TROLLS...

KEPP DOIN WHAT YOU DO....    YOU DA MAN.

ILLINOIS...WONT FIND A BIGGER FAN..EVEN THOUGH I AM REDBIRD ALUM...BUT THEY HAVE SURPRISED ME ALL YEAR...THIS ONE YOURE SPOT ON..WISKY TAKES EM OUT..AND SHOWS WHAT A FARCE THEY ARE TODAY...GL RYNO

quote
OKKID send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
OKKID
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1677
Location: Bermuda
#24
Posted: 1/22/2012 11:22:03 AM
darn them fool Ropp. Fuckin girl just shooting off. If ya didn't put POY beside top play, no one would have said a word.

darn all you little tailing girl, make your own fuckin picks!
quote
tonydan send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
tonydan
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8528
Location: Ontario
#25
Posted: 1/22/2012 11:41:52 AM
keep doing what u do nropp. GL
quote
Forum Index : College Basketball : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.