Missouri Tigers +8000 to win the 2012 NCAA Tournament

Forum: College Basketball Page 1 of 6  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [College Basketball] Topic: Missouri Tigers +8000 to win the 2012 NCAA Tournament
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43477
Missouri
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 8:32:50 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and post this for a season of hating and bashing.

Obviously, its a long shot, hence the odds. However, I'm predicting a 27-4 or 26-5 record and a 3 or 4 seed for Mizzou. I dont think they lose until Jan 21st @ Baylor, but even that is winnable. Kansas and Baylor are the only threats in the Big 12, which is way down this year. Obviously every road game in conference will be a challenge like it is for every team.

The Tigers havent played anybody, this I know. ND and Cal got smashed and Cal is supposed to contend in the Pac 12, for what thats worth. Really excited to see the line vs Nova and Illinois as those will probably be the lone lined games in December (besides ODU on the 30th).

The Pressey brothers along with Dixon, English and Denmon are pretty solid on both ends of the court and provide a nice mix of leadership (3 sr, 1 jr, 1 soph). Moore, Ratcliffe and Green have been better than I anticipated..... 

I doubt you will see these odds for Mizzou much longer, and definately not come tourney time. I'm basically asking them to reach the Sweet 16, and then I can reevaluate and see what the future holds.

Win or lose, I will be in this thread til the end of March, or hopefully early April.

 

So let me hear how dumb/crazy/retarded I am.

troylex300 PM troylex300
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 17564
Florida
 
troylex300
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 8:35:22 PM
homer pick huh Train

no defense = no championship
Upsetalert PM Upsetalert
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 525
 
Upsetalert
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 8:37:06 PM
I put in a bet on 'Bama at +6500......
LawsonJames PM LawsonJames
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 31214
California
 
LawsonJames
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 8:37:26 PM
They will feel the effect of Bowers injury when they hit conference play.
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43477
Missouri
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 8:39:52 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by troylex300:

homer pick huh Train

no defense = no championship

Yep. I just thought it had lots of value. Hell, I see ND is still +2500 and UCLA is +1800.

As far as the defense goes, only time will tell. Haith has thme playing better, more controlled defense. The guards also hit the glass pretty well.

We'll see.

RobJohnJr PM RobJohnJr
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 376
 
RobJohnJr
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 8:40:09 PM
I don't have a problem playing an early season bet on a champion, especially with big odds....as long as you aren't laying a crap load on it. Why not? 80 buck return for every buck you bet. 
Jose_Reyes PM Jose_Reyes
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 20350
New York
 
Jose_Reyes
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 8:40:12 PM
I don't think this is a bad play at all.  Juicy as hell for a team that will be a tough out in a tournament.  The gap between the elite and middle of the pack is shrinking.  Opens up hedging opportunities as well.  GL train.

TEAMDIME10 PM TEAMDIME10
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1196
Texas
 
TEAMDIME10
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 8:58:37 PM
Train i don't think you're dumb/crazy/retarded because this Mizz team has been very surprising. They are a good team with guards and big men. Their guards are lightning quick and don't see too many other with the ability to stay in front of them. They play defense as well which will go a long way. Look how they took California apart. 

I think they are a contender. 
Tone10 PM Tone10
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4929
 
Tone10
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 9:04:50 PM

I don't think much of Frank Haith, but at +8000 I think it's worth a shot.

TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43477
Missouri
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 9:27:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Tone10:

I don't think much of Frank Haith, but at +8000 I think it's worth a shot.

I dont either Tone, but maybe Miami jsut didnt have the players he needed. I'm giving him a chance.

Tgocane03 PM Tgocane03
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 31
 
Tgocane03
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 9:38:53 PM
As a miami alum and avid basketball fan, I saw many of the canes games over his tenure and I can say that he was one of if not the worst coach in the ACC! 
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43477
Missouri
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 11:03:38 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by LawsonJames:

They will feel the effect of Bowers injury when they hit conference play.

I think his injury might have been a blessing in disguise for this team. Forced into more 4 guard sets, they are better on the offensive end, only giving up a few rebounds without Bowers. 

pj702 PM pj702
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1040
 
pj702
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 11:17:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

I'm gonna go ahead and post this for a season of hating and bashing.

Obviously, its a long shot, hence the odds. However, I'm predicting a 27-4 or 26-5 record and a 3 or 4 seed for Mizzou. I dont think they lose until Jan 21st @ Baylor, but even that is winnable. Kansas and Baylor are the only threats in the Big 12, which is way down this year. Obviously every road game in conference will be a challenge like it is for every team.

The Tigers havent played anybody, this I know. ND and Cal got smashed and Cal is supposed to contend in the Pac 12, for what thats worth. Really excited to see the line vs Nova and Illinois as those will probably be the lone lined games in December (besides ODU on the 30th).

The Pressey brothers along with Dixon, English and Denmon are pretty solid on both ends of the court and provide a nice mix of leadership (3 sr, 1 jr, 1 soph). Moore, Ratcliffe and Green have been better than I anticipated..... 

I doubt you will see these odds for Mizzou much longer, and definately not come tourney time. I'm basically asking them to reach the Sweet 16, and then I can reevaluate and see what the future holds.

Win or lose, I will be in this thread til the end of March, or hopefully early April.

 

So let me hear how dumb/crazy/retarded I am.

id like to know who your bookie is that has it 80 to 1, nobody has it at that price anymore, it was 80 to 1 about 2 weeks ago, but you just posted this today, is your book 2 weeks behind? i did get unlv 200 to 1, marquette 100 to 1, xavier 100 to 1, but it was weeks ago, now all that garbage is 50, 50 and 40 to 1

pj702 PM pj702
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1040
 
pj702
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 11:17:40 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Upsetalert:

I put in a bet on 'Bama at +6500......

you were suppose to bet bama in bcs national title 7 to 1, not in hoops lol. they wont get out of sweet 16

pj702 PM pj702
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1040
 
pj702
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 11:18:24 PM
i like mizzou but i dont think heith haith coach from miami fl will win a title in his first year in mizzou, i do think they the best team in the conference maybe, maybe better than kansas, also not overly impressed with baylor
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43477
Missouri
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2011 11:38:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by pj702:

id like to know who your bookie is that has it 80 to 1, nobody has it at that price anymore, it was 80 to 1 about 2 weeks ago, but you just posted this today, is your book 2 weeks behind? i did get unlv 200 to 1, marquette 100 to 1, xavier 100 to 1, but it was weeks ago, now all that garbage is 50, 50 and 40 to 1

Currently available at sportsinteraction

TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43477
Missouri
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/30/2011 2:33:59 PM
Just dropped today to +2800



Upsetalert PM Upsetalert
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 525
 
Upsetalert
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/30/2011 3:56:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by pj702:

you were suppose to bet bama in bcs national title 7 to 1, not in hoops lol. they wont get out of sweet 16



Pulling for elite 8...lock down D!!!
Kaufee PM Kaufee
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2742
California
 
Kaufee
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/30/2011 4:12:42 PM
This Mizz team reminds me a lot of the 1997 Arizona Wildcats. They were an extremely athletic team that fed off their guard play. The talent was there, but nobody gave them a chance because they didn't have a huge presence down low. This is Mizz in a nutshell.

AZ went into the tourney as a 4 seed and of course, went on to win it all. At +8000, it's def worth a shot to see if Mizz can repeat that. In fact, I think I'm going to jump on this with you.
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43477
Missouri
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/6/2011 6:22:28 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Kaufee:

This Mizz team reminds me a lot of the 1997 Arizona Wildcats. They were an extremely athletic team that fed off their guard play. The talent was there, but nobody gave them a chance because they didn't have a huge presence down low. This is Mizz in a nutshell.

AZ went into the tourney as a 4 seed and of course, went on to win it all. At +8000, it's def worth a shot to see if Mizz can repeat that. In fact, I think I'm going to jump on this with you.

 

Now that you mention it, I agree totally.

 

Mizzous 1st test tonight vs Nova. Lovin MU -7.5. Kinda hoping Illinois is undefeated on the 22nd for the matchup in STL. Also hoping there is a line for the William and Mary game. That will be a friggin bloodbath of epic proportions......

 

LUUUVUSC PM LUUUVUSC
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 3514
 
LUUUVUSC
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/6/2011 6:27:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

I'm gonna go ahead and post this for a season of hating and bashing.

Obviously, its a long shot, hence the odds. However, I'm predicting a 27-4 or 26-5 record and a 3 or 4 seed for Mizzou. I dont think they lose until Jan 21st @ Baylor, but even that is winnable. Kansas and Baylor are the only threats in the Big 12, which is way down this year. Obviously every road game in conference will be a challenge like it is for every team.

The Tigers havent played anybody, this I know. ND and Cal got smashed and Cal is supposed to contend in the Pac 12, for what thats worth. Really excited to see the line vs Nova and Illinois as those will probably be the lone lined games in December (besides ODU on the 30th).

The Pressey brothers along with Dixon, English and Denmon are pretty solid on both ends of the court and provide a nice mix of leadership (3 sr, 1 jr, 1 soph). Moore, Ratcliffe and Green have been better than I anticipated..... 

I doubt you will see these odds for Mizzou much longer, and definately not come tourney time. I'm basically asking them to reach the Sweet 16, and then I can reevaluate and see what the future holds.

Win or lose, I will be in this thread til the end of March, or hopefully early April.

 

So let me hear how dumb/crazy/retarded I am.





Train, i like it... don't bet futures myself personally but THESE BOYS CAN BALL... If anyone saw the EA sports invitational in KC a few weeks ago, they BLEW out a good California squad... After seeing that i knew this was gonna be a top ten team... If you look at their wins so far this year as well they seem to be blowing out everyone, even though the competition has been minor the win margins have made up for that.... hell for +8000, i might even take a stab at it!  BOL dude
crystal_clean28 PM crystal_clean28
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 175
Texas
 
crystal_clean28
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/6/2011 6:34:31 PM
U never know worth a shot Bol to you!
Posted using a mobile device.
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43477
Missouri
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/6/2011 10:12:41 PM

Mizzou played pretty bad actually and still won by 10. Nova had some huge 3's and a 10 point run when down by 16 at one point....

Jose_Reyes PM Jose_Reyes
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 20350
New York
 
Jose_Reyes
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/6/2011 10:14:13 PM
Way to be ahead of the curve train     
rplan039 PM rplan039
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 199
Ontario
 
rplan039
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/6/2011 10:16:00 PM
I don't bet futures but I went and told my dad about how much I like your pick at +8000. I think you have a very good chance of making it to the final four and opening up some fantastic hedge opportunities. Good luck!
Forum: College Basketball Page 1 of 6  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.