Messages

Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: When is a Black cake involving mock cannibalization and genital mutilation funny?
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14835
Location: United States
#1
Posted: 4/20/2012 12:31:11 AM


SURPRISE: When Caucasians are throwing the party...

It's pretty bizarre isn't it. Usually I limit myself to discussion about racism in America but this too enraging to pass up.

This abomination happened in Sweden. And what does Sweden have to complain about within its borders concerning Blacks? It's hard to pinpoint the exact racial makeup of the country, but needless to say, it is insanely and overwhelmingly white. Somalis make up .1% of the population. Yes, .1%. That is approximately 130 times LESS than the number of Blacks than in the US in terms of percentage makeup.

You'd think "The Black Problem" (as the US once called it and for practicality still probably does) wouldn't be an issue for them right? 

Wrong. 

No. Someone had to do something about it. It looks like this wasn't just some frathouse party to degrade blacks (as if there were such a thing as 'frats' in Sweden). No this was much bigger. It was so big, the Ministry of Culture attended and as seen in the photos, was fully aware of what was before her, so aware, she posed for the camera with fork in hand. 

What does a Ministry of Culture do? She preserves 'national identity.' That's interesting. You preserve identity by making a spectacle of the Blacks that make up .1% of your national population? She'll probably get a raise after this one.

And make a spectacle they did....

This spectacle was as sicker than what most modern-day group members could even imagine (I think).

First, they mocked the issue of genital mutilation; a cruel and barbaric practice which affects well over 100 million+ women and children (yes children, as in, infants) worldwide. How did they do this? They baked a cake to look like a robust black woman of the African Savannah (notice the attention to detail in the big stomach, mocking the sexual appetite which results in pregnancy in addition to oversized breasts and the neck adornment). Finally the crude blackface is painted on...a living man. They went....all the way with this one...

This is more than just a cake though. An actual white actor played a part to scream when people willingly cut at the lower abdomen area of the woman, again, to mock genital mutilation, a cause they should be speaking about in the humblest and most empathetic terms instead of laughing gleefully at it.

Not only that, but they are essentially cannibalizing the woman...as she (he) screams in jest.

"That's sick! That's so wrong!!" covers members will say self-righteously. Others may say it's 'just art' seeking out any avenue to avoid the 'race question' while it is thrust in their face at 100mph like a lemon meringue pie.

Well what does America have to do with this? America's minstrel show past did virtually the exact same thing, that is, make a spectacle of blacks in the most derogatory terms possible, with mainly caucasians in blackface, all for a white audiences that couldn't contain their laughter, as they couldn't contain it here. But no use discussing that. That is 'the past' and we must 'look ahead.' That is, as DL36 likes to say, "race-baiting" (and this is about all he says and nothing more). 

Because ANY discussion about America's sordid racist past is prohibited, despite the fact it is primarily responsible for virtually every stereotype and bigoted mindset of modern day America. But, again, that is NOT TO BE DISCUSSED because we need to 'move on.'


Look at that first photo there. There isn't a SINGLE person of color, except that is, if you count the cake.

What should a gross stomach-turning exhibit like this do?

It should make people ask why, in 2012, there are people GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY to mock and deride the Black race in a country where there are virtually NO BLACKS. It should make people ask why a government official is condoning and more appropriately, partaking in the action, and what the government does and doesn't do to prevent/foster such bigotry in this country in real terms? It should make people ask how these prejudices are formed, how much of it is inborn and why the barbaric mockery of another group of people is, again in 2012, comedy for whites? It should make people ask why the world isn't outraged?

There is a reason of course. Without that derision, you're own race cannot be on a pedestal. 

Just ask JohnZimbo who used the word Mammy on this very site and received cheers and laughs from Henry Lilly, Count_NoAccount, and Wizard of Oz (Post #37 and the ones beneath it). That cake is a minstrel representation of that word. The point? It happens on this site....all... the ...time ...and no one says a word. Go look up that word and what it represents if you disagree with me. 

A modern day minstrel show in words...right here on covers.

And that is why you will be hearing from me ...all...the...time. Because someone, somewhere needs to tells this ignorant self-aggrandizing racist full-of-hate person that enough is enough. 

Cut a piece of that cake, and eat it too...
quote
Henry-Lilly send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
Henry-Lilly
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 10495
Location: St Vincent and
              the Grenadines
#2
Posted: 4/20/2012 12:56:41 AM
They cut Mammy?
quote
boberts427
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
boberts427
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 4933
Location: United States
#3
Posted: 4/20/2012 1:15:46 AM

why did people magazine use a pic of an 8 year old (for a 17 year old)with the title "an American Tragedy?"  why did the editor of the Chicago Times say he refuses to print any crime that a black harming a white because of the uproar that it will cause. since black on white is 3 times more likely than white on black (and the media wont cover it) can we give it a rest? 

if my spelling and grammar sucks i apologize im a white Mexican now, thanks Florida

yah the cake is very bad sicko stuff but the attempt to tie it in with the US is a fail

quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5843
Location: Nevada
#4
Posted: 4/20/2012 1:28:29 AM
Well move to Sweden and start your argument there scal.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
esplanade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
esplanade
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8710
Location:
#5
Posted: 4/20/2012 1:29:33 AM
DIdn't read all that, but you're 50 times more likely (on a per capita basis) to be murdered as a white by a black than the reverse.

You're also a lot more likely to be elected president as a totally unqualified black junior senator................and Attorney General as a black jackass........and to get into a good school with inferior qualifications.

Where's your outrage over the black nurse murdering a white woman for her child...........

And what type of dog did obama eat for lunch??
quote
Drizle send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Drizle
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 420
Location:
#6
Posted: 4/20/2012 2:20:34 AM
I noticed you didn't mention the creator of the cake, Makode Linde, is a black man.  Maybe you should listen to his reasoning behind it and then take issue with him first.
quote
DickTracy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DickTracy
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2760
Location: United States
#7
Posted: 4/20/2012 2:23:48 AM
You're the male version of Debbie Downer. Seriously. People must hate to be around you.
quote
DickTracy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DickTracy
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2760
Location: United States
#8
Posted: 4/20/2012 2:29:23 AM
Try going outside a little more. It's unhealthy to stay cooped up inside all day posting threads about racism on a gambling forum.
quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23579
Location: United States
#9
Posted: 4/20/2012 3:09:04 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by esplanade:

DIdn't read all that, but you're 50 times more likely (on a per capita basis) to be murdered as a white by a black than the reverse.

You're also a lot more likely to be elected president as a totally unqualified black junior senator................and Attorney General as a black jackass........and to get into a good school with inferior qualifications.

Where's your outrage over the black nurse murdering a white woman for her child...........

And what type of dog did obama eat for lunch??


What does Obama have to do with anything?

It is funny that when certain brainwashed partisan wackos get completely owned in the politics forum that they bring their rhetoric to the GD hoping that they wont get embarrassed again...
quote
Roonie send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
Roonie
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1406
Location: Ontario
#10
Posted: 4/20/2012 3:14:49 AM
that is the most racist garbage ive ever seen. wow unreal 
quote
TILTOLOGIC
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
TILTOLOGIC
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 4961
Location: Uganda
#11
Posted: 4/20/2012 3:19:41 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:



SURPRISE: When Caucasians are throwing the party...

It's pretty bizarre isn't it. Usually I limit myself to discussion about racism in America but this too enraging to pass up.

This abomination happened in Sweden. And what does Sweden have to complain about within its borders concerning Blacks? It's hard to pinpoint the exact racial makeup of the country, but needless to say, it is insanely and overwhelmingly white. Somalis make up .1% of the population. Yes, .1%. That is approximately 130 times LESS than the number of Blacks than in the US in terms of percentage makeup.

You'd think "The Black Problem" (as the US once called it and for practicality still probably does) wouldn't be an issue for them right? 

Wrong. 

No. Someone had to do something about it. It looks like this wasn't just some frathouse party to degrade blacks (as if there were such a thing as 'frats' in Sweden). No this was much bigger. It was so big, the Ministry of Culture attended and as seen in the photos, was fully aware of what was before her, so aware, she posed for the camera with fork in hand. 

What does a Ministry of Culture do? She preserves 'national identity.' That's interesting. You preserve identity by making a spectacle of the Blacks that make up .1% of your national population? She'll probably get a raise after this one.

And make a spectacle they did....

This spectacle was as sicker than what most modern-day group members could even imagine (I think).

First, they mocked the issue of genital mutilation; a cruel and barbaric practice which affects well over 100 million+ women and children (yes children, as in, infants) worldwide. How did they do this? They baked a cake to look like a robust black woman of the African Savannah (notice the attention to detail in the big stomach, mocking the sexual appetite which results in pregnancy in addition to oversized breasts and the neck adornment). Finally the crude blackface is painted on...a living man. They went....all the way with this one...

This is more than just a cake though. An actual white actor played a part to scream when people willingly cut at the lower abdomen area of the woman, again, to mock genital mutilation, a cause they should be speaking about in the humblest and most empathetic terms instead of laughing gleefully at it.

Not only that, but they are essentially cannibalizing the woman...as she (he) screams in jest.

"That's sick! That's so wrong!!" covers members will say self-righteously. Others may say it's 'just art' seeking out any avenue to avoid the 'race question' while it is thrust in their face at 100mph like a lemon meringue pie.

Well what does America have to do with this? America's minstrel show past did virtually the exact same thing, that is, make a spectacle of blacks in the most derogatory terms possible, with mainly caucasians in blackface, all for a white audiences that couldn't contain their laughter, as they couldn't contain it here. But no use discussing that. That is 'the past' and we must 'look ahead.' That is, as DL36 likes to say, "race-baiting" (and this is about all he says and nothing more). 

Because ANY discussion about America's sordid racist past is prohibited, despite the fact it is primarily responsible for virtually every stereotype and bigoted mindset of modern day America. But, again, that is NOT TO BE DISCUSSED because we need to 'move on.'


Look at that first photo there. There isn't a SINGLE person of color, except that is, if you count the cake.

What should a gross stomach-turning exhibit like this do?

It should make people ask why, in 2012, there are people GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY to mock and deride the Black race in a country where there are virtually NO BLACKS. It should make people ask why a government official is condoning and more appropriately, partaking in the action, and what the government does and doesn't do to prevent/foster such bigotry in this country in real terms? It should make people ask how these prejudices are formed, how much of it is inborn and why the barbaric mockery of another group of people is, again in 2012, comedy for whites? It should make people ask why the world isn't outraged?

There is a reason of course. Without that derision, you're own race cannot be on a pedestal. 

Just ask JohnZimbo who used the word Mammy on this very site and received cheers and laughs from Henry Lilly, Count_NoAccount, and Wizard of Oz (Post #37 and the ones beneath it). That cake is a minstrel representation of that word. The point? It happens on this site....all... the ...time ...and no one says a word. Go look up that word and what it represents if you disagree with me. 

A modern day minstrel show in words...right here on covers.

And that is why you will be hearing from me ...all...the...time. Because someone, somewhere needs to tells this ignorant self-aggrandizing racist full-of-hate person that enough is enough. 

Cut a piece of that cake, and eat it too...

You make me want to be a racist and the fire dope smoking bellboy that holds the door for me every morning I go into to work. But then i realized you are just dumb friggin monkey, unable to do anything other than swing from vine to vine...



quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23579
Location: United States
#12
Posted: 4/20/2012 3:22:55 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:


That is, as DL36 likes to say, "race-baiting" (and this is about all he says and nothing more). 



I think you are missing my point... you and ritardA have this history of using "race" to bait people into responding to you...

While I believe that both of you honestly believe in what you are saying... I think that RitardA was more of an attention person... you got some of that but like I said on the other thread a part of your worldview also with it comes the belief that it is your duty to educate/enlighten...

With that said... I have taken enough ethinic studies classes in college and mandatory diversity trainings to understand your point of view...

I remember once along time ago hanging out with with these dudes that did nothing but drop the n-word and make racist statements laughing at it amongst them and I asked them, why they were that way?

The answer is they gave me was simply that it felt good to be racist...  for some it is a guilty pleasure... for others there is no guilt... be either way it feels good, it is reinforcing and especial so in a "group think" mentality...  I mean these people were probably just having a good time and enjoying themselves...

The root of it could be feelings of low self esteem and the need to compensate...

It is like how when esplande is getting owned he tries to make himself feel better trying to say that others are dumb trying desperately to claim intellectual superiority to compensate for his feelings of inadequacy and embarrassment...

It is like how in the olden days the town drunk served a purpose because people could always say that no matter how badly they felt about themselves at least they were not him....

there is also the scape-goat mentality where you can balme all your failures, short comings and poor choices on someone else... but that is a different discussion...
quote
DickTracy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DickTracy
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2760
Location: United States
#13
Posted: 4/20/2012 3:35:44 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TILTOLOGIC:


You make me want to be a racist and the fire dope smoking bellboy that holds the door for me every morning I go into to work. But then i realized you are just dumb friggin monkey, unable to do anything other than swing from vine to vine...





Want to be a racist? You're clearly already there. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with him or being sarcastic, but this is uncalled for.

quote
Messier-11
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Messier-11
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10588
Location:
#14
Posted: 4/20/2012 3:51:49 AM
that video had me cracking up. I would be laughing just as hard if the cake was some white dude screaming when you cut off a piece. You take racism too seriously Scal.
quote
wizardofroz
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
wizardofroz
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 5634
Location: Kentucky
#15
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:35:25 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Drizle:

I noticed you didn't mention the creator of the cake, Makode Linde, is a black man.  Maybe you should listen to his reasoning behind it and then take issue with him first.

Yes, it was a black man that made the cake.  But Scalabrine does not want to hear that, as facts would get in the way of his racist, vitriolic, self-loathing babble.

quote
bill702
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
bill702
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2067
Location: Nevada
#16
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:36:47 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DickTracy:



Want to be a racist? You're clearly already there. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with him or being sarcastic, but this is uncalled for.

He's racist for calling a white man a monkey? Wait Scal is a guy right? 
quote
wizardofroz
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
wizardofroz
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 5634
Location: Kentucky
#17
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:37:06 AM
Remember, Scalabrine also thinks that Latinos are white. 
quote
BIGfnPOO
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BIGfnPOO
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 14322
Location: United States
#18
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:51:52 AM
never
quote
BIGfnPOO
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BIGfnPOO
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 14322
Location: United States
#19
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:52:50 AM
MANHATTANyc1369's Webcam Video fro…
quote
Randisist
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Randisist
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3155
Location: Texas
#20
Posted: 4/20/2012 7:11:42 AM
He is never going to respond to the FACT the creator of the cake is BLACK... Which is typical... And more than expected...

Poor Scab... So reminds me of the song... Charlie Brown
quote
libra55 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
libra55
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1434
Location: Ontario
#21
Posted: 4/20/2012 7:54:44 AM

Africans mutilate over 100 million Africans...and you worry about a friggin cake. Please take your head out of your fool and breath.

Go solve th e problems of the World somewhere else.

quote
Randisist
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Randisist
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3155
Location: Texas
#22
Posted: 4/20/2012 8:30:52 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by libra55:

Africans mutilate over 100 million Africans...and you worry about a friggin cake. Please take your head out of your fool and breath.

Go solve th e problems of the World somewhere else.



I honestly wonder if scab's mind is sooooo... demented that a cake in Sweden is a crime against humanity but all the mutilations going on in Africa are just part of a normal life?

Female genital mutilation

The BLACK artist who made the cake...
...a cake in the shape of a naked African woman. The artist who made it says it was meant to call attention to the problem of female genital mutilation.
quote
esplanade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
esplanade
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8710
Location:
#23
Posted: 4/20/2012 8:59:32 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:



What does Obama have to do with anything?

It is funny that when certain brainwashed partisan wackos get completely owned in the politics forum that they bring their rhetoric to the GD hoping that they wont get embarrassed again...



No need to be so self deprecating. Yes you obviously are a masochist and yes you do suck, but lighten up.

What does obama have to do with a race based discussion??



Could you set the bar any lower?
quote
Randisist
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Randisist
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3155
Location: Texas
#24
Posted: 4/20/2012 9:06:49 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by libra55:

Africans mutilate over 100 million Africans...and you worry about a friggin cake. Please take your head out of your fool and breath.

Go solve th e problems of the World somewhere else.



Meant to start with

Good Post...
quote
The Hawk send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
The Hawk
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 14473
Location: California
#25
Posted: 4/20/2012 9:06:54 AM
Was it a vanilla cake or chocolate?
quote
Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.