Messages

Forum Index : NHL Betting : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [NHL Betting] Topic: TORRES SUSPENDED 25 GAMES
HookEmHorns22
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
HookEmHorns22
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 21537
Location: United States
#1
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:11:26 PM
GOOD...darn THIS GUY =)
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
MIKECOUU78 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MIKECOUU78
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 7919
Location: France
#2
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:16:18 PM
quote
MrScience send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
MrScience
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 169
Location: Canada
#3
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:21:13 PM
He's such an idiot. No respect.
quote
IHIOUSE send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
IHIOUSE
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8072
Location: New York
#4
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:25:17 PM
quote
motorcitymama send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
motorcitymama
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2700
Location: Colorado
#5
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:25:48 PM
It was a brutal, purposeful hit Glad they canned his cheap-sot behind.
Hopefully Hossa gets to play back in Chicago Monday night after the Hawks victory today.
quote
Exalted1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
Exalted1
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 454
Location: Ontario
#6
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:26:03 PM
good. guys like him and ulf samuelsson ruin the game.
quote
motorcitymama send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
motorcitymama
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2700
Location: Colorado
#7
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:28:57 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by motorcitymama:

It was a brutal, purposeful hit Glad they canned his cheap-sot* behind.
Hopefully Hossa gets to play back in Chicago Monday night after the Hawks victory today.



*cheap-SHOT   (sorry)

quote
Johnnyg7 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Johnnyg7
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1755
Location: Pennsylvania
#8
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:31:40 PM
James Neal laid the same exact hit and was lucky to not put Sean Couturier in a stretcher.

Of course since he's a Penguin, he got 1 game.

Not saying Torres doesn't deserve this, because he's a pig IMO.

darn the NHL and their dartboard of discipline.
quote
HookEmHorns22
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
HookEmHorns22
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 21537
Location: United States
#9
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:38:59 PM
Neal tried to do it twice which is even worse. Torres is repeat offender total trash bag.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
HookEmHorns22
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
HookEmHorns22
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 21537
Location: United States
#10
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:39:01 PM
Neal tried to do it twice which is even worse. Torres is repeat offender total trash bag.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Pruster send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Pruster
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 7
Location: New York
#11
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:39:04 PM
i agree 100% johnnyg
quote
Polar_Bear
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Polar_Bear
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 24292
Location: Ontario
#12
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:43:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Johnnyg7:

James Neal laid the same exact hit and was lucky to not put Sean Couturier in a stretcher.

Of course since he's a Penguin, he got 1 game.

Not saying Torres doesn't deserve this, because he's a pig IMO.

darn the NHL and their dartboard of discipline.
Kind of crazy watching Neal and Malkin flying around in this series delivering head shots trying to knock guys out, seeing as just one of those same aimed shoulder to head shots would end their buddy Crosby`s career for good.

And to your point, Gary Bettman will do whatever the darn he thinks is best for the business of hockey. Right and wrong have zero to do with it.
quote
Pruster send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Pruster
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 7
Location: New York
#13
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:44:32 PM
i still can't believe neal only got one game for two dirty plays on concussion-prone players and hagelin got 3 lol not saying hagelin didnt deserve to get suspended but the inconsistency with suspensions and penalties is a joke
quote
HookEmHorns22
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
HookEmHorns22
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 21537
Location: United States
#14
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:48:49 PM
There is no consistency at all. How did Weber only get a $2500 slap on the wrist?
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Johnnyg7 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Johnnyg7
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1755
Location: Pennsylvania
#15
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:57:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Polar_Bear:

Kind of crazy watching Neal and Malkin flying around in this series delivering head shots trying to knock guys out, seeing as just one of those same aimed shoulder to head shots would end their buddy Crosby`s career for good.

And to your point, Gary Bettman will do whatever the darn he thinks is best for the business of hockey. Right and wrong have zero to do with it.


Amen. Malkin is a dirty behind headhunter. So is Cooke... takes a huge run at Giroux with 4 seconds left and no the puck all the way behind the Flyers net.

Couturier hasn't been the same in this series since the Neal hit. Grossmann is already out with a concussion, and the Flyers are lucky Giroux has survived 5 games in this series.

I'm proud that the Flyers have not stooped to the Pens level in this series, with one minor exception of Rinaldo, but he was a coaches scratch last night. It would have been easy to make that 10-3 game into a 3rd period gang fights, but the Flyers showed decency and class. Something you just can't say about the Pens.
quote
HookEmHorns22
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
HookEmHorns22
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 21537
Location: United States
#16
Posted: 4/21/2012 1:01:41 PM
If Pens come back and win do you think they will brawl at the end of game 7?
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
littlesprings send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
littlesprings
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 533
Location: Canada
#17
Posted: 4/21/2012 1:04:35 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by HookEmHorns22:

There is no consistency at all. How did Weber only get a $2500 slap on the wrist?

Weber does that action on the otherside of the glass he faces assault charges but on the ice he only gets fined. The NHL has and always will do suspensions on who you are.....Torres means nothing to the money in the game or to Phoenix as he is a two-bit thug but someone like Weber is an important part in Nashvilles run to the cup and suspending him would ruin the chances to the Preds and in a larger picture damage Bettmans vision  for the team to stay in Nashville.....it all comes down to money and the markets they play in and that is the reason why some of the big players on certain teams will never face suspensions like Torres recieved. Neal, Weber actions were just as worse as Torres but they are much more important to their team and their market and that is a major reason why the fine/ suspension were far less than they should have been.

quote
jsab send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jsab
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 7406
Location: Pennsylvania
#18
Posted: 4/21/2012 1:22:33 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Johnnyg7:



Amen. Malkin is a dirty behind headhunter. So is Cooke... takes a huge run at Giroux with 4 seconds left and no the puck all the way behind the Flyers net.

Couturier hasn't been the same in this series since the Neal hit. Grossmann is already out with a concussion, and the Flyers are lucky Giroux has survived 5 games in this series.

I'm proud that the Flyers have not stooped to the Pens level in this series, with one minor exception of Rinaldo, but he was a coaches scratch last night. It would have been easy to make that 10-3 game into a 3rd period gang fights, but the Flyers showed decency and class. Something you just can't say about the Pens.

darn all this box garbage. Bring back Behn Wilson,Mel Bridgeman and the rest of the boys.

quote
Polar_Bear
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Polar_Bear
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 24292
Location: Ontario
#19
Posted: 4/21/2012 1:24:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by littlesprings:

Weber does that action on the otherside of the glass he faces assault charges but on the ice he only gets fined. The NHL has and always will do suspensions on who you are.....Torres means nothing to the money in the game or to Phoenix as he is a two-bit thug but someone like Weber is an important part in Nashvilles run to the cup and suspending him would ruin the chances to the Preds and in a larger picture damage Bettmans vision  for the team to stay in Nashville.....it all comes down to money and the markets they play in and that is the reason why some of the big players on certain teams will never face suspensions like Torres recieved. Neal, Weber actions were just as worse as Torres but they are much more important to their team and their market and that is a major reason why the fine/ suspension were far less than they should have been.

It always amazes me how so many people can`t grasp this very basic and simple business concept. There are billions of dollars in play here and the teams and players that can help that business succeed to a greater extent have and will continue to get preferential treatment.

If Malkin is 80-90% of other players in the NHL he is already out of this series due to a blatant head hot to another unsuspecting player, which has given that player a concussion and knocked him out of the series. It fits every single angle used to suspend someone for a head shot. Then he comes right back and does the exact same thing to Couturier in the very next game last night. This along with spearing Coututier in the balls and his countless cowardly punches from behind to players heads. Oh and ofcourse his usual odd slew foots.

And for any Pittsburgh fan that may read this I can be unbiased and say I would have had no issue with Grossman being suspended a game or two for his knee on knee hit in game 3. Ofcourse because they did not suspend Orpik (another Penguin) for his even more blatant knee on knee on a Ranger player at the end of the season, it would have been hard too at a now more important time. This is a league thing and in now way just related to the Flyers and Pens, he just a good example because he is a star that plays filthy, gutless hockey and is allowed to constantly get away with it.

The league is really becoming a joke, and not at all doing a good job of masking their business related bias towards certain players and franchises to further their overall financial gain and or growth. The Weber incident among others has once again really put a flashlight to it.
quote
sean2114 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
sean2114
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 11348
Location: Ohio
#20
Posted: 4/21/2012 1:27:31 PM
I am a Sabres fan and live in Cleveland so I hate the penguins and Pittsburgh as much as the next guy, but you guys are just so far off base, while the Hits between Neal and Torres seem similar they are not, Torres never broke his stride, left his feet, has been disciplined 5 other time for similar hits,  Neal has been a choir boy compared to Torres. 
quote
amd send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
amd
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 29750
Location: California
#21
Posted: 4/21/2012 1:28:40 PM
[Quote: Originally Posted by jsab]

darn all this box garbage. Bring back Behn Wilson,Mel Bridgeman and the rest of the boys.

[/Quote

 

quote
JTFinn send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
JTFinn
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13449
Location: United States
#22
Posted: 4/21/2012 1:35:30 PM

Bullshit and cycnicism is so deep in here it is coming out my keyboard.   Some of you should be politicians.   

 

quote
claude_gir0ux
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
claude_gir0ux
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 20605
Location: United States
#23
Posted: 4/21/2012 1:39:20 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Johnnyg7:

James Neal laid the same exact hit and was lucky to not put Sean Couturier in a stretcher.

Of course since he's a Penguin, he got 1 game.

Not saying Torres doesn't deserve this, because he's a pig IMO.

darn the NHL and their dartboard of discipline.

nah torres def deserves and neal should have gotten two games

i also dont like that rinaldo didnt get suspended. i mean the garbage isnt being called even.

quote
littlesprings send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
littlesprings
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 533
Location: Canada
#24
Posted: 4/21/2012 1:51:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by JTFinn:

Bullshit and cycnicism is so deep in here it is coming out my keyboard.   Some of you should be politicians.   

Some of us understand the game and the business much better than you apparently do....if it was Shane Doan that delivers that hit to Hossa, Doan certainly would not be suspended for 25 games. Doan is so much important to the francise than Torres would ever be and hence it all comes down to who you are and the money that it brings into the market. A Phoenix fan at the end won't care what happens but the NHL certainly does, as long as they can bring cash into Phoenix  and that market survives the vision of their commissioner is happy and suspending Doan for 25 games as Torres was would never happen.

quote
Slumpbusting send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Slumpbusting
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 213
Location:
#25
Posted: 4/21/2012 2:07:41 PM
The second longest suspension in NHL history and not even penalized on the ice, while the Hawks ended up being shorthanded out it all. The officiating this year as a whole was a complete joke and it continues to get worse somehow.
quote
Forum Index : NHL Betting : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.