Brakon00 Over/Under 2010-2011 Season Thread

Forum: NBA Betting
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: Brakon00 Over/Under 2010-2011 Season Thread
Brakon00 PM Brakon00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1593
Texas
 
Brakon00
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/19/2010 5:04:11 AM
Going to be only betting over/unders for NBA this year and posting all my plays daily.  

I did pretty well this past season.  I'm using $2,000 to start.  
I find that since over/unders in nba move a couple of points up or down it is a great way to find the right spots and cash in on lines that are off.

Tag along...........
Brakon00 PM Brakon00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1593
Texas
 
Brakon00
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/19/2010 5:05:06 AM
i use legendz.com and 2betdsi.com so all lines im going to bet and post will be from there
Brakon00 PM Brakon00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1593
Texas
 
Brakon00
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/19/2010 5:13:04 AM
not to make fun or insult the people who bet on preseason but their is no value in betting preseason. its very weird to me to place $ on a team or total in preseason when teams are putting in players to play for 20-30 minutes a game when their gonna not be playing at all or just 5-10 min off the bench.  unless u know people who work for the teams or have an insider on the games in preseason i dont see any way to profit from them.  their total tossups.  
aireent777 PM aireent777
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 15196
 
aireent777
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/19/2010 6:14:32 AM
start with Cleveland tonight!
Brakon00 PM Brakon00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1593
Texas
 
Brakon00
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/19/2010 7:25:44 AM
if i had to bet it ide take the over 188 but very small play.

theres no leans or reason to bet preseason once again
MIHA613 PM MIHA613
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 41
 
MIHA613
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/19/2010 7:45:55 AM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but i would have to say you are completely wrong on this one. There is great value in betting on a team like orlando or utah in the preseason. Indeed ive cashed in on most of orlando's and utah's games. you just have to do more research and know who plays tough in the preseason, is all
redondo238 PM redondo238
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 55
Venezuela
 
redondo238
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/19/2010 8:05:34 AM
MIHA613 I agree with you, I've won more money in post season games, plus any sporting event where a bet there are risks ...
Brakon00 PM Brakon00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1593
Texas
 
Brakon00
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/19/2010 8:14:21 AM
post season is different than pre season.  u have a point MIH but in general i personally dont see value in betting preseason
canadiantruth PM canadiantruth
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 4037
British
              Columbia
 
canadiantruth
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/19/2010 1:50:19 PM
Question - So, you are saying that you follow the line movement when the total moves a few points? Or do you fade the line movement?

Comment - Pre season is amazing if you are willing to sift through articles for a few hours everyday.  Take a look at the top posters pre season records, AMAZING.  The point is, the lines are very soft because not too many people are betting them, and the lineups fluctuate.

Comment - For the first week of nba, you need, to BET OPPOSITE the line movement.  Vegas linemakers are not stupid, from my past 5 or 6 years betting, they put out a line that is too juicy for most people to pass up, but the majority of the time (I have been hitting at around 75% for 1st week) they were sucker bets.  Line starts at 200, moves to 206, bet UNDER, UNDER UNDER.  Bet your house on it.  

Just my few cents, been gambling for quite a while now.  Interested to hear more about your regular season "system" though.
59904 PM 59904
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 212
New York
 
59904
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/19/2010 3:01:10 PM

Preseason can be profitable to those who know how to pick there spots,do extra homework,stick to the teams you have better feels for,manage money properly,etc. Every body is different, every one thinks differently! What works for me may not for you, and vice versa! Im 26-5 in preseason, so its working for me!  Just like for some reason i SUCK, with my college and pro football picks.I have honestly not had a profitable season with any kind of football. Basketball is another story, that is my thing! n.b.a., college, whateva. I have, and will crush the books! I am good with sides, but even better with totals. So it will be interesting to compare and get different feedback from another standpoint!!  best wishes on the up coming season!

zonk928 PM zonk928
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6679
Ohio
 
zonk928
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/19/2010 4:11:13 PM
Cavs at 29.5  OVER me.....
RedSeaRebel PM RedSeaRebel
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 585
California
 
RedSeaRebel
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/19/2010 4:29:42 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Brakon00:

not to make fun or insult the people who bet on preseason but their is no value in betting preseason. its very weird to me to place $ on a team or total in preseason when teams are putting in players to play for 20-30 minutes a game when their gonna not be playing at all or just 5-10 min off the bench.  unless u know people who work for the teams or have an insider on the games in preseason i dont see any way to profit from them.  their total tossups.  

I had this same view on the preseason...I have actually made more money on this NBA preseason than I have in all other sports combined...To each his own...

Good luck either way!

Brakon00 PM Brakon00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1593
Texas
 
Brakon00
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/19/2010 10:37:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canadiantruth:

Question - So, you are saying that you follow the line movement when the total moves a few points? Or do you fade the line movement?

Comment - Pre season is amazing if you are willing to sift through articles for a few hours everyday.  Take a look at the top posters pre season records, AMAZING.  The point is, the lines are very soft because not too many people are betting them, and the lineups fluctuate.


Comment - For the first week of nba, you need, to BET OPPOSITE the line movement.  Vegas linemakers are not stupid, from my past 5 or 6 years betting, they put out a line that is too juicy for most people to pass up, but the majority of the time (I have been hitting at around 75% for 1st week) they were sucker bets.  Line starts at 200, moves to 206, bet UNDER, UNDER UNDER.  Bet your house on it.  

Just my few cents, been gambling for quite a while now.  Interested to hear more about your regular season "system" though.

I in general fade line movement but only in certain spots......meaning like if there are a lot of games usually on tuesday and friday I find the games in which i feel there is high volume of betting..... games broadcasted on espn especially if the general public loves the overs i love the unders on games in which top defensive teams are playing.  IF I EVER SEE OVER/UNDERS MOVE MORE THAN 5 POINTS I STAY AWAY!    i don't do very well on those line movements.
Brakon00 PM Brakon00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1593
Texas
 
Brakon00
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/19/2010 11:08:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Brakon00:

if i had to bet it ide take the over 188 but very small play.

theres no leans or reason to bet preseason once again

maybe i should bet preseason.  haha

went way over 188
Brakon00 PM Brakon00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1593
Texas
 
Brakon00
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2010 1:43:29 AM
Record (0-0, +$0.00)

Oct 26:

Over 189.5 Heat Celtics (-110)
$55.00 to win $50.00

GBP PM GBP
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 8609
United Kingdom
 
GBP
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2010 9:13:40 AM
cheers


good luck



D-Town PM D-Town
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 120365
Michigan
 
D-Town
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2010 9:23:20 AM
Brakon00 PM Brakon00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1593
Texas
 
Brakon00
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2010 4:19:03 PM
Over 194.5 Rockets vs. Lakers (-110)
$44.00 to win $40.00
Brakon00 PM Brakon00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1593
Texas
 
Brakon00
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/27/2010 5:13:06 AM
1-1
-$15.00


wednesday:
Under 184.5 bobcats mavs          110 to win 100
Over 190 pistons nets                   55 to win 50
Over 188.5  bucks hornets             33 to win 30
Over 193 blazers clippers              22 to win 20
Brakon00 PM Brakon00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1593
Texas
 
Brakon00
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/27/2010 10:03:07 PM
under 217.5 rockets warriors 44 to win 40

phat03 PM phat03
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 32905
Madagascar
 
phat03
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/27/2010 10:08:00 PM
GL Brakon..
Brakon00 PM Brakon00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1593
Texas
 
Brakon00
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/28/2010 8:34:24 AM
season:
2-5
$-174


rough night....
SportsMoneyNow PM SportsMoneyNow
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 15534
Louisiana
 
SportsMoneyNow
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/29/2010 2:18:11 AM
BOL
Brakon00 PM Brakon00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1593
Texas
 
Brakon00
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2011 4:45:21 PM
forgot about this thread

ended up 88-73 +$834.50
Forum: NBA Betting
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.