Messages

Forum Index : Las Vegas : Messages
Author: [Las Vegas] Topic: North Las Vegas Casinos
vetdrm
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
vetdrm
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 8735
Location: Antarctica
#1
Posted: 1/19/2013 1:02:01 PM
Staying on the strip but planning a few trips to see some new sites. Green Valley Ranch, Southpoint and the like.

What are North Las vegas  casinos like and can anyone recommend any spots there worth seeing.[Happy hours- Sportsbooks]

I heard they have  looser slots then on the strip which wife enjoys doing. Any truth to that?
quote
Bling send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Bling
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 38569
Location: United States
#2
Posted: 1/19/2013 8:10:58 PM
quote
DrRenob send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
DrRenob
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 253
Location: Nevada
#3
Posted: 1/21/2013 6:54:27 PM

Big Horn Casino! NLV. experience the real Las Vegas!

quote
CovasBrotha send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
CovasBrotha
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1828
Location: United States
#4
Posted: 1/23/2013 7:50:49 AM
you're best chance at being robbed, stabbed, shot and just overall violated as a human being would be to go to North Las Vegas. BOL!
quote
snooze
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
snooze
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 276
Location:
#5
Posted: 1/23/2013 1:01:13 PM
I hit Southpoint and M-Resort a few times each on every trip.Large and spaciuos casinos.Have had good luck at video poker at both.Would prefer M's buffet to Southpoints. It is expensive, but easy to acquire a freebie while playing VP.Both sportsbooks are good sized with plenty of seating.Table minimums are lower at Southpoint($5).Both have a very good Deli located just of there sportsbooks.If you have a rental car it is well worth the trip, GL to you.
quote
Crashdavis565
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Crashdavis565
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 11659
Location: Colorado
#6
Posted: 1/23/2013 2:00:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by snooze:

I hit Southpoint and M-Resort a few times each on every trip.Large and spaciuos casinos.Have had good luck at video poker at both.Would prefer M's buffet to Southpoints. It is expensive, but easy to acquire a freebie while playing VP.Both sportsbooks are good sized with plenty of seating.Table minimums are lower at Southpoint($5).Both have a very good Deli located just of there sportsbooks.If you have a rental car it is well worth the trip, GL to you.

Hey Doc-
These are both great places but on the south end of town. For the North side you are looking at stratosphere (not all that bad, liberal comps and some upgraded rooms) and then further North Downtown. I too feel downtown is a little -undesirable- but for value there are plenty of cheaper BJ tables and looser slots (Fitzgeralds comes to mind)
I still like Wynn- Hilton and Caesars for my books.
GL!
quote
Bling send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Bling
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 38569
Location: United States
#7
Posted: 1/23/2013 6:08:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:


Hey Doc-
These are both great places but on the south end of town. For the North side you are looking at stratosphere (not all that bad, liberal comps and some upgraded rooms) and then further North Downtown. I too feel downtown is a little -undesirable- but for value there are plenty of cheaper BJ tables and looser slots (Fitzgeralds comes to mind)
I still like Wynn- Hilton and Caesars for my books.
GL!
I stayed at the Stratosphere once back when I used to have to worry about the cost of hotel rooms and I could hear people talking in normal conversations two rooms down.  Wall's are made of paper.  If you can sleep through an earthquake and love rock hard beds, this place is for you. 
quote
mrquija27 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: betED.com |
mrquija27
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2540
Location: Michigan
#8
Posted: 1/24/2013 9:57:29 AM

Southpointe is on point!  Very nice place.

quote
666LES send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
666LES
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2102
Location: New York
#9
Posted: 1/24/2013 4:06:32 PM

Stratsphere isn't North LasVegas,it's on the NORTH end of strip but the city of LasVegas is still 10 blocks north of it.

North Las Vegas is where the program COPS goes to film if it doesn't want to just film drunk tourists on the Strip.

quote
vetdrm
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
vetdrm
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 8735
Location: Antarctica
#10
Posted: 1/24/2013 7:43:23 PM

Well, looks like well likely check out Henderson for sure.
Green Valley Ranch, M Resort and Southpoint  are three places I've  never been to. Sounds nice.

In thee old days[mid-80s] we would head to Sams town on Boulder Highway. Just not quite the same anymore.


Guess well take a flyer on North Las Vegas. Wasn't aware it was so seedy.
Thanks for the help
quote
rickster2312 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rickster2312
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 13934
Location: Nevada
#11
Posted: 1/25/2013 6:59:29 PM
Texas Station the Jewel of the Rancho Strip.............
quote
Yavapai send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
Yavapai
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1940
Location: Nevada
#12
Posted: 1/27/2013 11:01:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vetdrm:


Well, looks like well likely check out Henderson for sure.
Green Valley Ranch, M Resort and Southpoint  are three places I've  never been to. Sounds nice.

In thee old days[mid-80s] we would head to Sams town on Boulder Highway. Just not quite the same anymore.
 
las vegas as a whole is a toilet of a city, with too much scum from southern cali here and north lv and boulder hwy areas are low lifey.


Guess well take a flyer on North Las Vegas. Wasn't aware it was so seedy.
Thanks for the help
quote
nc1capper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 15575
Location: North Carolina
#13
Posted: 1/28/2013 12:34:55 AM
Have had some good success at south point, well worth the ride out to M resort, red rocks casino toon other side of town
quote
CovasBrotha send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
CovasBrotha
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1828
Location: United States
#14
Posted: 1/28/2013 5:46:02 AM
I have almost 0 luck at South Point. What kind of luck do you have there? What games?
quote
JannaRudert send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
JannaRudert
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
Location:
#15
Posted: 7/19/2013 10:45:37 AM
I think that one of the most famous North Las Vegas casinos is MGM Grand casino. It's called "the city of entertainment". It is renowned due to its lion logo. At the beginning the entrance was designed like the lion's chaps. Also it has night club "Studio 54". Nowadays there is the atmosphere of early Hollywood, but at the beginning of its career, the main theme of MGM was "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz". 
quote
ShadowWarrior
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ShadowWarrior
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 7066
Location: Hawaii
#16
Posted: 7/19/2013 12:41:46 PM
Red Rock?
quote
nc1capper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 15575
Location: North Carolina
#17
Posted: 7/19/2013 3:17:18 PM
 I have enjoyed success at video poker - south point 
quote
Bling send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Bling
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 38569
Location: United States
#18
Posted: 7/23/2013 8:10:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by JannaRudert:

I think that one of the most famous North Las Vegas casinos is MGM Grand casino. It's called "the city of entertainment". It is renowned due to its lion logo. At the beginning the entrance was designed like the lion's chaps. Also it has night club "Studio 54". Nowadays there is the atmosphere of early Hollywood, but at the beginning of its career, the main theme of MGM was "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz". 
MGM is not in North Las Vegas, it is on the strip.
quote
Forum Index : Las Vegas : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.