Posted: 2/25/2011 10:50:54 AM
Originally Posted by sims_key
I will be there friday thru sunday for my first time...
not a high roller, sleeping at the cheap Imperial Palace to have more money to bet. I would love any input I can get for these questions...
1. Is it better to place bets thru my online account b/c the lines are so long? or does that take out some of the fun of being there?
2. Are there some major books to watch (and bet) games where you don't have to get there 2 hours before to get a seat?
3. How do the live lines work? new lines at commercial breaks like 5dimes does? Which books have them?
4. Can you bet from your seat or do you always have to go stand in line? do you lose your seat when this happens?
Excuse my ignorance guys...just thought i would try to get some info before going. Thanks for your help.
1. That's up to you. I don't get to LV that often, so it's always fun cashing a winning ticket. Lines actually shouldn't be "as long" with the way they're spacing games out this year. If you can bet through your phone or something, that's always an option. Lines can be long, but I've never had trouble getting a bet in.
2. The Hilton has a theater open, not very far away from the sportsbook itself. The seating in the hilton is first come-first served, but there were plenty of seats to be had. I'd still show up a half hour before tip time, though. 1500 seats in there, with 4 huge screens across the stage.
3. There may be some live lines with some of the places that have the remote betting or handheld devices, but nothing to my knowledge at the normal sportsbooks.
4. You always have to go get in line at almost any place (other than the very few that have the hand held things, somebody with more knowledge about where those are, speak up). Generally, you can leave your bet sheet on your chair, or just say something to the guy next to you. I've never had a problem