Flights to Vegas

Forum: Las Vegas
Author: [Las Vegas] Topic: Flights to Vegas
bbakaboy2606 PM bbakaboy2606
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 201
 
bbakaboy2606
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/17/2011 8:43:12 PM
Anyone know any good deals on flights to vegas? live in Kentucky and am looking for the cheapest flights for a group of people to go on.

Thanks
nc1capper PM nc1capper
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 16348
 
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 1/17/2011 8:58:52 PM
SOUTHWEST is the best--always arrive early and most places bring you in non stop,,check it out
heinz2141 PM heinz2141
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 246
 
heinz2141
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/17/2011 9:13:24 PM
Try this and change it to fit your dates and local airport:

http://www.bing.com/travel/

Also, Southwest and Allegiant don't book through other sources, you have to look up their flights/prices/times on their own websites
VegasSound PM VegasSound
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 524
 
VegasSound
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 1/17/2011 9:15:34 PM
The best thing to do is use a cash back site like fatwallet.com because it allows you to get a % back.  You have to sign-up, click the cash back area, and it has most of the travel sites on it.  When you purchase on the travel site or whatever site the cash back money will be deposited directly to your account.

I use it on majority of my purchases online.

I also like Southwest but it also doesn't matter to me as.  Take into account if the airline charges you for luggage.
ECUhomer PM ECUhomer
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 108
 
ECUhomer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/17/2011 9:30:22 PM

Unsure how far you want to drive.  Frontier out of Louisville may be your cheapest route.  I don't think Southwest, Allegiant, or AirTran service KY.

GL.

gamble04 PM gamble04
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 4869
 
gamble04
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/18/2011 5:58:47 AM
whats the cheapest now you can get a flight to vegas during the weekdays?
heinz2141 PM heinz2141
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 246
 
heinz2141
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/18/2011 8:37:07 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by gamble04:

whats the cheapest now you can get a flight to vegas during the weekdays?

I'm not trying to be "that guy", but that's something you have to figure out yourself.  Nobody knows what airport you'd fly out of, times that work for you, dates, etc etc.  Flight prices move a lot, not really a general answer, especially since my flight from Iowa is different than your's from Texas, or NC1Capper's from Carolina, etc etc.

bbakaboy2606 PM bbakaboy2606
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 201
 
bbakaboy2606
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/18/2011 3:38:34 PM
Thanks for the help guys.  Im a college student with a group of friends just trying to finding the cheapest flight out to Vegas.  Haven't really traveled much so all the info helps.  

Thanks
broncofn PM broncofn
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1650
 
broncofn
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/18/2011 5:16:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by heinz2141:

I'm not trying to be "that guy", but that's something you have to figure out yourself.  Nobody knows what airport you'd fly out of, times that work for you, dates, etc etc.  Flight prices move a lot, not really a general answer, especially since my flight from Iowa is different than your's from Texas, or NC1Capper's from Carolina, etc etc.

you are exactly right.  also, EVERY single online travel agent (expedia, travelocity, etc) has the EXACT SAME price as the other.  you might be able to get it about $5 cheaper by going on the airlines website.  just look at dates, times, etc and see if the price is right for you.  just do your research on the airlines websites because if you use the online websites, they are all the same for those same tickets you are looking at (no one is giving it to you cheaper than the other)

 

imgoinhungry PM imgoinhungry
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1425
 
imgoinhungry
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/18/2011 11:01:16 PM
Good points... would you save a bit of money by booking a hotel/flight separately?  Or is it cheaper to get the package deals from the hotel's website?  I'll be purchasing everything for a trip in mid-April soon.
VegasSound PM VegasSound
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 524
 
VegasSound
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 1/20/2011 1:22:48 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by imgoinhungry:

Good points... would you save a bit of money by booking a hotel/flight separately?  Or is it cheaper to get the package deals from the hotel's website?  I'll be purchasing everything for a trip in mid-April soon.


It just varies.

When I travel I prefer to do it all separately. I do use the cash back site that I mentioned above to get some money back.  I'm not affiliated with that site at all, just mentioning to help others.
depeche2 PM depeche2
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
 
depeche2
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 1/25/2011 5:46:47 PM
Flights these days are so much more than they were just a few years ago.  It's sickening.
broncofn PM broncofn
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1650
 
broncofn
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/25/2011 6:28:05 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by depeche2:

Flights these days are so much more than they were just a few years ago.  It's sickening.

 

you are exactly right, i remember about 5-6 years ago i would be able to get non-stop flights from wash, dc for between 180-220 a ticket.  now expect to pay 350 and up well in advance.  i paid 320 nonstop from baltimore for superbowl weekend and am happy about it

666LES PM 666LES
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 3036
 
666LES
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/26/2011 3:54:35 PM
In the east timezone JetBlue use to be the best,some non-stop LV.
depeche2 PM depeche2
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
 
depeche2
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 1/28/2011 4:07:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by broncofn:

 

you are exactly right, i remember about 5-6 years ago i would be able to get non-stop flights from wash, dc for between 180-220 a ticket.  now expect to pay 350 and up well in advance.  i paid 320 nonstop from baltimore for superbowl weekend and am happy about it



Yeah I remember maybe just 45 years ago I could get Chi/LV flights for anywhere between 180-240.  Now I'm happy to pay anything under 400.  That might be part of why Vegas is hurting.
big75dog75 PM big75dog75
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1000
 
big75dog75
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 1/28/2011 4:17:21 PM
Bought a round trip ticket about 2 weeks ago for 2-28-11 to 3-5-11 for $155. Allegiant
depeche2 PM depeche2
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
 
depeche2
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 1/28/2011 6:25:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by big75dog75:

Bought a round trip ticket about 2 weeks ago for 2-28-11 to 3-5-11 for $155. Allegiant


It's a crapshoot, but arriving Monday and leaving Saturday helps.
Forum: Las Vegas
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.