Joe Flacco now HIGHEST paid player in NFL history ($120.6M/six years)

Forum: NFL Betting Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: Joe Flacco now HIGHEST paid player in NFL history ($120.6M/six years)
StraightShooter PM StraightShooter
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 23227
United States
 
StraightShooter
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/2/2013 8:57:55 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9006059/joe-flacco-baltimore-ravens-reach-agreement-according-source 

budwiser PM budwiser
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 7766
 
budwiser
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/2/2013 6:38:07 PM
did they overpay...or what!!


Europa PM Europa
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 35222
California
 
Europa
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/2/2013 7:49:26 PM
Flacco might not worth that big fat price tag, but he was the main reason that Ravens won the Super Bowl. Man, he had 11 TDs and ZERO INT in those four playoff games.   
wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51370
United States
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/2/2013 9:26:10 PM


Flacco is such a joke but I guess Baltimore is the bigger sucker for paying him anything more than 8 M a year.

Werent they going to cut him last season for his pathetic play?

20M a year for a career mid 70's QB rating..


wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51370
United States
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/2/2013 9:27:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Europa:

Flacco might not worth that big fat price tag, but he was the main reason that Ravens won the Super Bowl. Man, he had 11 TDs and ZERO INT in those four playoff games.   


He has a great OL, solid running game, some of the BEST receivers in the league and he still spits out mediocre numbers.

What has the NFL become paying guys like Eli and Flacco money like this?
Europa PM Europa
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 35222
California
 
Europa
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/2/2013 10:22:57 PM
There are plenty of money they can waste on certain players, WSC. NFL has just set salary cap at $123 million per team this year. Flacco's salary just "only" counted 16.3% of that cap, Ravens still have $102.9 million left to spend/waste on other things.  
budwiser PM budwiser
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 7766
 
budwiser
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/3/2013 10:08:45 AM
In the regular season there were 11 guys who had a better qb rating

Guys rated worse than him included (would you take these guys instead?):
Dalton
Eli
Cam
Cutler
Luck

So, did the Ravens pay him for his playoff performance, or his regular season?

Clearly they payed him solely based on his playoff performance.

Should have been somewhere inbetween IMO.
Spartacus10 PM Spartacus10
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5668
Ontario
 
Spartacus10
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/3/2013 6:46:29 PM
Paying a QB that much money who had 1 great post season is asinine. To think that last post season will be repeatable and he will somehow carry that over to next season and seasons to come is horribly incorrect and simply ignorant. I'm not hating on him or the Ravens, but he's simply not nearly as good as his playoff stats indicated. As people in here have stated, he has a great OLine in front of him, and the best group of receivers in the league. We see this all the time, a complete over reaction to one playoff performance, and then they return to mediocrity where they spend the remain of their careers. Winning a Super Bowl is no easy task, and I can confidently state/predict that Joe Flacco won't win another one. I didn't guarantee this, but looking at this through non biased eyes, Joe Flacco is and has always been an average QB, nothing more, nothing less.
joeywelsh PM joeywelsh
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 416
Utah
 
joeywelsh
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/3/2013 9:37:48 PM
flacco = joke
joeywelsh PM joeywelsh
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 416
Utah
 
joeywelsh
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/3/2013 9:38:18 PM

noooo way in hell they win another super bowl the next 10 yrs

kevmode PM kevmode
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5534
 
kevmode
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/3/2013 10:54:16 PM
Flacco is a stud def deserves the money.  11 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.  0 INTERCEPTIONS, ZIIPPO, NADA, NONE.
earthWake PM earthWake
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 6172
United States
 
earthWake
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/4/2013 5:09:37 PM
Still hating on Flacco I see Wallstreet. Seems like you are the kind of guy who could watch Flacco throw 100 TDs and 0 INTs next year, and still criticize him.

@JoeyWelsh..Stop making rediculous comments based on nothing other than whats running through your own head.

- Flacco had 103 TDs, 56 INTs before the playoffs this year.

- Made the playoffs in every year of his career

- Most road wins of any QB in history

- 11 TDs, ZERO ints in the playoffs

- Superbowl winner and MVP.

Yeah..that guy doesn't deserve the money, and has no chance to win a superbowl in the next 10 years. 
'

mr_bollox PM mr_bollox
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 11984
 
mr_bollox
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/5/2013 12:11:58 AM
agree with earth, dont understand the hate, he's been improving every year, he's ice cool under pressure, stupid amount of money but at todays inflated prices, he's earnt it
Skubishack PM Skubishack
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14624
Antarctica
 
Skubishack
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/6/2013 1:20:25 PM

"Chuck it up" Flacco.

Never been a luckier guy chucking up balls for miracle plays.

Awful decisions for luck that will not last.

Spartacus10 PM Spartacus10
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5668
Ontario
 
Spartacus10
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/6/2013 2:36:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by earthWake:

Still hating on Flacco I see Wallstreet. Seems like you are the kind of guy who could watch Flacco throw 100 TDs and 0 INTs next year, and still criticize him.

@JoeyWelsh..Stop making rediculous comments based on nothing other than whats running through your own head.

- Flacco had 103 TDs, 56 INTs before the playoffs this year.

- Made the playoffs in every year of his career

- Most road wins of any QB in history

- 11 TDs, ZERO ints in the playoffs

- Superbowl winner and MVP.

Yeah..that guy doesn't deserve the money, and has no chance to win a superbowl in the next 10 years. 
'



You've committed the biggest fundamental flaw in your argument, which is what 90%+ people/cappers do these days, overvalued the QB position. Baltimore always has a great OLine, always has an above average running game, and as always has a top 5 defense. I'm not saying Flacco sucks, but he certainly isn't great. Skubishack gave me a good laugh with his "Chuck is up" Flacco, because I remember so many times in the playoffs this year, espeically the SB, where he just chucked the ball up, not in any way an accurate pass, and his receiver simply won a jump ball. The balls were terribly under thrown, off target, etc. he was simply the beneficiary of arguably the best receiving core in the league. Again, I'm not saying he's not good, but elite/great should NEVER be mentioned in the same sentence as Flacco.
Spartacus10 PM Spartacus10
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5668
Ontario
 
Spartacus10
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/6/2013 2:45:34 PM
There are so many flaws in your argument I don't know where to starts.

- Most road wins of any QB in history

I can almost guarantee that 90%+ of these wins were certainly not Flacco winning the games. It's a lot easier to win on the road when you are constantly fielding one of the best defenses in the league.

- Made the playoffs in every year of his career

Again, you're implying that Flacco was responsible for bringing them to the playoffs, which is the furthest thing from the truth. Making the playoffs every year with a top 5 defense and a good running game has nothing to do with who the QB is. Again, one of the better OLines in the league makes it a lot easier to get the running game going, opens up the play action pass, and allows ample time to sit in the pocket, allow plays to develop, and get the ball out of his hands.

- 11 TDs, 0 INTs in the playoffs

Impressive playoff run, absolutely, will he ever repeat this, absolutely not. We see players have great runs/post season runs all the time, so this is completely irrelevant considering he's never come close to this in his career up to this point. If we were to measure success off a 4 game run, the HoF would be packed with average players going on great runs. If they were to play out the playoff scenario another 100 times, Flacco would not have that type of success again. I'm not taking anything away from him, it was impressive, but it would have more to do with luck than his actual skill set.
earthWake PM earthWake
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 6172
United States
 
earthWake
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/6/2013 4:24:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Spartacus10:

 


- Most road wins of any QB in history

I can almost guarantee that 90%+ of these wins were certainly not Flacco winning the games. It's a lot easier to win on the road when you are constantly fielding one of the best defenses in the league.

- Made the playoffs in every year of his career

Again, you're implying that Flacco was responsible for bringing them to the playoffs, which is the furthest thing from the truth. Making the playoffs every year with a top 5 defense and a good running game has nothing to do with who the QB is. Again, one of the better OLines in the league makes it a lot easier to get the running game going, opens up the play action pass, and allows ample time to sit in the pocket, allow plays to develop, and get the ball out of his hands.

- 11 TDs, 0 INTs in the playoffs

Impressive playoff run, absolutely, will he ever repeat this, absolutely not. We see players have great runs/post season runs all the time, so this is completely irrelevant considering he's never come close to this in his career up to this point. If we were to measure success off a 4 game run, the HoF would be packed with average players going on great runs. If they were to play out the playoff scenario another 100 times, Flacco would not have that type of success again. I'm not taking anything away from him, it was impressive, but it would have more to do with luck than his actual skill set.

Everything you state is opinion. Everything I state was fact.

There are so many flaws in your argument, i don't know where to begin
Spartacus10 PM Spartacus10
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5668
Ontario
 
Spartacus10
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/6/2013 5:15:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by earthWake:


Everything you state is opinion. Everything I state was fact.

There are so many flaws in your argument, i don't know where to begin

What I said wasn't opinion, it was facts.
shrimp1958 PM shrimp1958
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 50021
Maryland
 
shrimp1958
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/7/2013 10:29:42 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:



Flacco is such a joke but I guess Baltimore is the bigger sucker for paying him anything more than 8 M a year.

Werent they going to cut him last season for his pathetic play?

20M a year for a career mid 70's QB rating..


Tyrod Taylor is his backup,their a better chance of Matt Leinhart starting Schaub in Houston....

ZippyChippy PM ZippyChippy
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 388
New York
 
ZippyChippy
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/7/2013 6:44:18 PM
It ain't stats! It's about the wins and making the clutch pass when you need it. The Rings! I'd take Eli any day of the week and the way Flacco played this postseason, I'd take him too.
wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51370
United States
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/7/2013 7:09:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by shrimp1958:

Tyrod Taylor is his backup,their a better chance of Matt Leinhart starting Schaub in Houston....



Didnt Matty play for the Raiders last year?

Hmmmmm Matty vs Flacco...interesting controversy...


HammersSpreads PM HammersSpreads
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1359
Oklahoma
 
HammersSpreads
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/13/2013 5:17:29 PM

Just to clarify things for everyone, saying hes the highest paid QB ever is just a way for publicity.

He signed a 6 year deal, in which his agent already came out & said it will be restructure after 3 years.

1st year salary cap hit is $1 million

2nd year is $3 million (i think)

3rd year is $5 million (i think)

& after that it sky rockets to $20ish million.

Bottom line is that he gets guaranteed money & thats about it.  He will only see about $60 million of this contract I'd guess

lovelymoney PM lovelymoney
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1885
Denmark
 
lovelymoney
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/16/2013 1:15:02 PM
benhogan76 PM benhogan76
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 8746
Ontario
 
benhogan76
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/17/2013 10:15:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HammersSpreads:

Just to clarify things for everyone, saying hes the highest paid QB ever is just a way for publicity.

He signed a 6 year deal, in which his agent already came out & said it will be restructure after 3 years.

1st year salary cap hit is $1 million

2nd year is $3 million (i think)

3rd year is $5 million (i think)

& after that it sky rockets to $20ish million.

Bottom line is that he gets guaranteed money & thats about it.  He will only see about $60 million of this contract I'd guess

Some people hate when facts get in the way of their opinion.
2169 PM 2169
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 10748
Massachusetts
 
2169
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/18/2013 12:15:28 AM
Congrats, but now he doesn't have a team to back him up. Lol
Forum: NFL Betting Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.