Messages

Forum Index : Website Promotions : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Website Promotions] Topic: Marc Lawrence's Playbook is out....
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#1
Posted: 7/12/2011 8:20:07 PM
thought release date was 7/28...got mine at Barnes & Noble

A technical handicappers dream....but useful for everybody...
     * an excellent complement to Steele...a fundamental capper

Teams are in alphabetical order > so quick and easy reference.... with ATS records for last 10 years.
NFL teams are previewed also...with a lot of stuff on preseason games....

His "play on" teams ....

BYU.....Ga.....Miami,F.....NW.....SMU

also...Cinn..Rice..Rutgers..A&M..Tulsa

other good stuff....

ATS records for every coach for 10+ situations...
    *how well does a HC prepare his team off a SU loss?...
 Doug Marrone at Syracuse is 8-3 ATS (awesome for inheriting a bad team)
 Bill Snyder?....42-22 ATS > he can flat out coach
 Saban?...3-7 ATS
 Peterson (Boise)...if they ever lose again he's 0-3 ATS the next week

    * off a win?.....
 Stockstill at MTS is 21-11 ATS
 F Solich is 24-12 !
 Pat Fitzgerald is 9-21 !

    * with rest?....
 H Nutt is 5-0
 T O'Brien is 7-0
but L Blakeney at Troy is 5-13 ...

    * with revenge?
 Mike Stoops at Arizona is 28-13 ATS..but 9-18 VS revenge...wtf
 Mike Riley is 26-18...
 Mack Brown?....6-15 !!
 Beamer ?.... 45-20!Submit

   * VS revenge?
 Snyder?...he beats your behind again ....53-27 ATS
 as does Gary Pinkel...26-14    
 
check it out boys....I fully realize he's not as sharp as most here...but since he's been doing this before many here were born...maybe a nugget you can use....... 

   
quote
cherokee10 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
cherokee10
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4376
Location: Ohio
#2
Posted: 7/12/2011 8:36:00 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

His "play on" teams ....

BYU.....Ga.....Miami,F.....NW.....SMU

also...Cinn..Rice..Rutgers..A&M..Tulsa

Not surprised at all by these, some of the first ones to come to mind....way too much talent coming back with these squads....especially Tulsa, Kinne and co. could put up 50+ a game if they wanted to...

quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#3
Posted: 7/12/2011 9:01:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cherokee10:

Not surprised at all by these, some of the first ones to come to mind....way too much talent coming back with these squads....especially Tulsa, Kinne and co. could put up 50+ a game if they wanted to...



I like most of those too.....esp NW and SMU.....Mormons might be getting too much hype....(maybe OK > just be careful)....that late season surge .....DID just happen to come vs > UNLV...Col St...New Mex.....and UTEP......wow.....(lost by 1 at Utah but covered)
quote
QBoption
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
QBoption
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2289
Location: United States
#4
Posted: 7/12/2011 11:30:00 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

thought release date was 7/28...got mine at Barnes & Noble



His "play on" teams ....

BYU.....Ga.....Miami,F.....NW.....SMU

also...Cinn..Rice..Rutgers..A&M..Tulsa

   

my bad, are these week 1 play on teams? could u list the first 2 weeks play on teams?

quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#5
Posted: 7/13/2011 12:59:51 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by QBoption:

my bad, are these week 1 play on teams? could u list the first 2 weeks play on teams?



naw man those are for the season...
1st 2 weeks "play on"...based on TECHNICAL STUFF only.....are >

9/1     B Green
9/3     Cal     Hawaii    Minny   NW (dog)
9/8     Ariz
9/10   BC.....N Dame...Penn St....Purdue .....(all as dog only)

* examples.....
B Green is 10-2 ATS vs < .500 opponent (Idaho) > so play on....
Cal is 7-0 ATS as a home fav ....vs >.666 team.....(Fresno)
NW is 5-1 ATS as non-conf road dogs of <10 pts....

not bad ......as a way to suggest a play.....or maybe to re-examine ....if you like the other side

example.....
NW.....appealing no doubt.... as dog @ Nebraska (in Mich St / @ Penn St sandwich) ....but returns home the next week vs Rice....
you would be an idiot to play the Wildcats vs the Owls...especially if they beat the Huskers....because (under Fitzgerald) they are 9-19 at home.....5-17 as a favorite....and 9-21 off a SU win.....and 7-11 vs non-conf opponents....AND 9-13 vs revenge (they beat Rice LY)....  
quote
thomas6512 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
thomas6512
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 247
Location: Florida
#6
Posted: 7/13/2011 10:05:40 AM
All due-respect to you Bookie,  great work. Always from you.

But !  Who the hell is Marc Lawerence ?  I know who he is,  BUT he's NOT this great College Football stud.    For me and no disrespect to you I wouldn't waste 2 pennies on his garbage.
  

My opinion the BEST MAG for college football in it's OWN league
"Blue Ribbon",  blows away ALL including Phil Steele.  
If you take a look at Steele's mag it's last yrs with a few new sentences and that goes on every yr.

Blue Ribbon is top shelf,  22.95 worth every cent.
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#7
Posted: 7/13/2011 10:35:46 AM
who is he ?.....

probably regarded (by those that know these things)....as one of the nation's best technical handicappers.....I would guess most would rank him #1...(making a LIVING doing this for over 30 years or so).....the INFORMATION is there for you to use....but is only as useful ......as your ability as a handicapper

* this (widespread)....FEAR of information on Covers is weird and kinda funny....some "touts" are very legit.....ML is one...errr...they sell their picks because people buy them....holy garbage
 
      NOTE > picking winners is tough to do....consistently.....selling your picks basically GUARANTEES  that you will make money....and once established a LOT of money.... (unless just horrible as capper/money manager) ..so yeah these guys are really dumb.....................  
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 32356
Location: New York
#8
Posted: 7/13/2011 11:30:43 AM

not a Fan of this MAG....

It offeres next to nothing on this seasons football

 

quote
thomas6512 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
thomas6512
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 247
Location: Florida
#9
Posted: 7/13/2011 11:38:23 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

who is he ?.....

probably regarded (by those that know these things)....as one of the nation's best technical handicappers.....I would guess most would rank him #1...(making a LIVING doing this for over 30 years or so).....the INFORMATION is there for you to use....but is only as useful ......as your ability as a handicapper

* this (widespread)....FEAR of information on Covers is weird and kinda funny....some "touts" are very legit.....ML is one...errr...they sell their picks because people buy them....holy garbage
 
      NOTE > picking winners is tough to do....consistently.....selling your picks basically GUARANTEES  that you will make money....and once established a LOT of money.... (unless just horrible as capper/money manager) ..so yeah these guys are really dumb.....................  

Bookie great reply ! As I said my response has zero to do with you, no-disrespect.  After reading your reply I'm going to go out and purchase.  

I know who he is and I know he's been a handicapper for a very long time.  I'm not aware that he's great, good.  I'll get back with you after I buy and go through this magazine. 
Thanx for being a gentleman with your reply !
quote
SatNightFever05
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SatNightFever05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3530
Location: California
#10
Posted: 7/13/2011 12:05:26 PM
I enjoy the Playbook.. gives some good info as Bookie mentioned above..

I can see people who aren't really system or situational bettors finding little use for it, but I like it and there are def. some Play On or Play Against gems that I didn't know existed before reading this magazine..

Good stuff Bookie
quote
nc1capper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 15916
Location: North Carolina
#11
Posted: 7/13/2011 12:56:04 PM

sup there Bookie,, remember Lou's boy Skip is a beast as a road dog

 

quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 32356
Location: New York
#12
Posted: 7/13/2011 12:59:33 PM

Sorry Gents....

I am sure plenty of folks get good use out of ML's book

 

Just not for me

quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#13
Posted: 7/13/2011 2:14:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

Sorry Gents....

I am sure plenty of folks get good use out of ML's book

 

Just not for me



glad to see you modify that response......

OF COURSE.....most can't use it.....because most are ONE- DIMENSIONAL "handicappers".....to me the (fast reference) 10 yr ATS records (don't have to go to index like Steele) are worth it.....I also use the preseason NFL stuff a ton ....  

your boy ...coaching savant Lester Miles.....is > (all ATS)

14-23 @ home
17-15 road
25-31 as fav
6-7 dog
7-4 with rest
4-8 with revenge
11-20 vs revenge
19-30 off SU win
9-6 off SU loss.......
15-29 in SEC
16-9 vs non-conf
     * and 1-16 ATS off SU SEC win !!!!....... > see @ WVag... (but check non-conf and mild road success) ....home vs Gators.....and home vs Auburn (might lose at Knoxville?).....and home vs Ark 

  
 
quote
MarkDogg send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MarkDogg
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 7509
Location: Indiana
#14
Posted: 7/13/2011 6:17:58 PM
the book is decent for the price for a preview of the upcoming season great for ats etc,however marc weekly newsletter on college football is where the value is really at
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#15
Posted: 7/13/2011 7:22:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nc1capper:

sup there Bookie,, remember Lou's boy Skip is a beast as a road dog

 



CAPPER.......you scoundrel....why aren't you at the Nugget placing bets man?.....keep saying I'm going every year > excellent hedging opportunities it seems (game of year lines)

Skip is very underrated by most it seems......USF definitely worth checking out...
44-32-1 ATS overall....(26-11 run at ECU)
17-7 as road dog....(14-2 run at ECU)
6-4-1 home dog

* best of luck to ya....although shrewd dog player doesn't need luck...
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 32356
Location: New York
#16
Posted: 7/13/2011 7:36:18 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by bookieassassin:



CAPPER.......you scoundrel....why aren't you at the Nugget placing bets man?.....keep saying I'm going every year > excellent hedging opportunities it seems (game of year lines)

Skip is very underrated by most it seems......USF definitely worth checking out...
44-32-1 ATS overall....(26-11 run at ECU)
17-7 as road dog....(14-2 run at ECU)
6-4-1 home dog

* best of luck to ya....although shrewd dog player doesn't need luck...

really hope they are catching Double Digits at those Irish Frauds

quote
nc1capper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 15916
Location: North Carolina
#17
Posted: 7/14/2011 3:04:01 AM
how do you see unlv/wisky shakin out in the opener
quote
NSN21 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
NSN21
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 33
Location: United States
#18
Posted: 7/14/2011 8:39:29 AM
Picked up my copy of Marc Lawrence about 2 weeks ago.  Decent mag, I always just pick it up as a complement to the rest, but my main source of preseason info is always Phil Steele.
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#19
Posted: 7/14/2011 9:48:03 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by nc1capper:

how do you see unlv/wisky shakin out in the opener

 

gotta be Wisky or nothing....

BUT....based on their  > poor record in this spot....(they simply don't blow people out in home openers)....and slow starts under Bielema (6-18 ATS or so 1st 6 games).....and QB change....won't touch it....

    * plus they have Oregon St on deck....

* UNLV totally toothless dog .....that can't stop the run.....with only 4 def starters back.....so should get murdered ....on paper 

 

quote
thorpe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thorpe
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 8782
Location:
#20
Posted: 7/14/2011 12:01:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by NSN21:

Picked up my copy of Marc Lawrence about 2 weeks ago.  Decent mag, I always just pick it up as a complement to the rest, but my main source of preseason info is always Phil Steele.


I agree with this.  I got it for the first time this year, and while it is great if you like trends, they only have 2 paragraphs each on 25 teams, and for the rest of teams nothing more than returning starters.  It is more of a reference guide of trends, whereas Phil Steele you can read cover to cover(except for the articles he repeats verbatim year after year)
quote
nc1capper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 15916
Location: North Carolina
#21
Posted: 7/14/2011 3:57:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

 

gotta be Wisky or nothing....

BUT....based on their  > poor record in this spot....(they simply don't blow people out in home openers)....and slow starts under Bielema (6-18 ATS or so 1st 6 games).....and QB change....won't touch it....

    * plus they have Oregon St on deck....

* UNLV totally toothless dog .....that can't stop the run.....with only 4 def starters back.....so should get murdered ....on paper 

 

good call there Sir- I'm guessing the badgers go out somewhere in - 24 to - 27 range,,anxious to see how russell wilson will fit in with the big ten, always held him in high regards here in ACC country - you are one sharp capper there my friend,,keep up the good work
quote
QBoption
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
QBoption
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2289
Location: United States
#22
Posted: 7/14/2011 4:24:45 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by bookieassassin:



naw man those are for the season...
1st 2 weeks "play on"...based on TECHNICAL STUFF only.....are >

9/1     B Green
9/3     Cal     Hawaii    Minny   NW (dog)
9/8     Ariz
9/10   BC.....N Dame...Penn St....Purdue .....(all as dog only)

* examples.....
B Green is 10-2 ATS vs < .500 opponent (Idaho) > so play on....
Cal is 7-0 ATS as a home fav ....vs >.666 team.....(Fresno)
NW is 5-1 ATS as non-conf road dogs of <10 pts....

not bad ......as a way to suggest a play.....or maybe to re-examine ....if you like the other side

example.....
NW.....appealing no doubt.... as dog @ Nebraska (in Mich St / @ Penn St sandwich) ....but returns home the next week vs Rice....
you would be an idiot to play the Wildcats vs the Owls...especially if they beat the Huskers....because (under Fitzgerald) they are 9-19 at home.....5-17 as a favorite....and 9-21 off a SU win.....and 7-11 vs non-conf opponents....AND 9-13 vs revenge (they beat Rice LY)....  

Hawaii is a play on team, i knew i wasnt trippin. they lost so many guys but steele has just as good as colorado. they play way better @ home and its a nite game. Thx dogg.

quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#23
Posted: 7/15/2011 1:12:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nc1capper:

good call there Sir- I'm guessing the badgers go out somewhere in - 24 to - 27 range,,anxious to see how russell wilson will fit in with the big ten, always held him in high regards here in ACC country - you are one sharp capper there my friend,,keep up the good work



know what...may reconsider here...as Wisky may be more of an behind-kicker than  I originally thought
    * if line is 24-27 it's a play (strong)....but I think it's gotta be 30ish....if played at end of LY...woulda been 40ish....and Rebels with 7/4 starters back from 2-11...breaking in new QB...won't get much respect here..

forgot RW was booted off team...kinda...and had perfect opportunity to say "screw this ....I'm playing BB"....but MUST be ready to prove himself (to NFL scouts).....and O'Brien/others...that he (O'Brien) made a HUGE mistake

Hopefully we get more articles about how RW will struggle at Wisky...ALTHOUGH....he did great...having to CARRY the team.... with NO running game....an OL that couldn't block....facing tougher defenses than he will face at Wisky (N Caro...UCF...Hokies...BColl...Fla St...Clem...W Virg) 
  * so I can certainly see....how NOW....with a GREAT running game....very solid OL....in a less demanding role....he will stink .....

Depending on the # might play game....but will definitely look for 2H play....as RW settles in > thin Rebel D wears down

who else you looking at week 1? 

me (although much work to be done)....>>
     Baylor as home dog to TCU...
     Michigan to beat the dogshit outta very weak (EARLY season)
          road dog W Mich...
     NW as small dog at BC
     LSU....to handle the Ducks
     N Texas !...as big dog at FIU...(in VERY uncomfortable favorites
          role)
     SMU ...ponies should bounce back...as 14+ dog at A&M
     USF...as DD dog at Irish...like the Irish but will get an extra 3-4 points in value here....
     Sooners ....1H prolly.....

maybe....Gators (FAU terrible non conf dog)....Troy....Texas?.....Army?.....Bama??? 

quote
Rollbama1237 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: The Quad |
Rollbama1237
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 359
Location: Iceland
#24
Posted: 7/15/2011 3:55:03 PM

I love Tulsa, but they have an absolute nightmare of an OOC schedule: three top-ten teams (@OU, OKST, @BOISE). Good thing is it's a senior-laden squad that understands winning CUSA is the most important thing. If they catch anything under 21 @ Tulane I will be all over it. But one thing I have learned is you just don't bet against OU at home. Would lean toward the Sooners in that opener, although it will likely be a no-play.

Can't believe anyone would ever list TAMU as a team to play...gotta be one of the most hyped teams in the country, and Aggie is known to drop turds when they're expected to do well. Remember beginning of last year? Have we really forgotten 12 months ago?

quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#25
Posted: 7/15/2011 4:31:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rollbama1237:

I love Tulsa, but they have an absolute nightmare of an OOC schedule: three top-ten teams (@OU, OKST, @BOISE). Good thing is it's a senior-laden squad that understands winning CUSA is the most important thing. If they catch anything under 21 @ Tulane I will be all over it. But one thing I have learned is you just don't bet against OU at home. Would lean toward the Sooners in that opener, although it will likely be a no-play.

Can't believe anyone would ever list TAMU as a team to play...gotta be one of the most hyped teams in the country, and Aggie is known to drop turds when they're expected to do well. Remember beginning of last year? Have we really forgotten 12 months ago?



Tulsa not easy to love....with that D....
#103 or so...gave up 722 to Okie St.....Tulane rolled em for 527
* with new HC and new DC (offense the same...learning new system on defense)....tough to tell as HC Blankenship could be great...or not ready.....> last time he was in charge was high school

weak road team....
under Graham...15-11 SU....11-14 ATS.......

*also worth noting is Tulsa's seesaw ATS history....

since 2003...
7-4  > 4-7  >10-3  > 6-6  >5-9 > 8-5  >  4-6-1  >  9-4  > ____?    

agree Aggies have to prove themselves before I would back...as home bully maybe....that LSU game was ridiculous.....(as was Georgia year before).....I made the mistake of believing they were "on the way up"...both times
quote
Forum Index : Website Promotions : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.