Messages

Forum Index : Streak Survivor : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Streak Survivor] Topic: WTF?
After_I_Win send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
After_I_Win
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Location:
#1
Posted: 2/3/2009 11:31:05 PM
Ok so did anyone bet on the Bostons Celtics in the Survivor game 2nite?  Umm, I know how it looked like the 76ers were gonna win--but they DID NOT!  why did my streak go down?  I picked BOSTON and they WON.  so it would be nice if those guys could give me my 3 game streak instead of saying that I have 0.  If i am incorrect about this some1 please tell me so .  But, the last time I checked 100 (boston) 99(philly) that would mean Boston won, right?  Amd that is what i picked!  Anyone else see this?
quote
After_I_Win send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
After_I_Win
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Location:
#2
Posted: 2/3/2009 11:43:06 PM
cmon guys im new to this a little help?
 
is it based on the spread thing which im just starting to figure out?
 
it was Boston -3
 
Plilly + 3
 
What does this mean?  I picked Boston Celtics and they won 100-99!  so I should have won right? 
quote
pjlvio
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
pjlvio
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1161
Location: Florida
#3
Posted: 2/3/2009 11:43:53 PM
Boston was -3 so you lost the game, how do you figure you won?
quote
pjlvio
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
pjlvio
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1161
Location: Florida
#4
Posted: 2/3/2009 11:45:57 PM
-3 means subtract 3 points from Boston's total or if you took Philly +3 add the 3 to their total. Called point spread
quote
After_I_Win send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
After_I_Win
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Location:
#5
Posted: 2/3/2009 11:54:07 PM
Thats WHAT that silly line stupid thing is!  F*CK I thought i had won.  So then Boston would have had to win by 4 for me to win?  and if thats the case how in the world do peeps pick games that are like -13.5!  it could easily go either way!  i thought it was just pick the team!  crap well there goes my streak of "3".  anyone care to give some insight on this whole spread thing?  So like if u think one team will surely win but the line is -13.5, am i understanding that the team must then win by 14 for me to get it right?  But, say mabe i take the other team and they lose by 9, then i still win cuz they would have been +13.5?  OH MAN DOES THIS JUST THROW A WHOLE NEW TWIST ON THINGS!  anyone care to add anything to my reasoning or a helpful hint? 
quote
After_I_Win send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
After_I_Win
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Location:
#6
Posted: 2/4/2009 12:03:55 AM
1 other question?  if this whole line thing is right then what the heck does it go for in hockey???  I will now present to the court FIGURE A: EXHIBIT G:
 

NHL

02/04/09 Boston -115 Philadelphia +105
Over 5.5 Under

5.5

so for tomorrows hocky game if say i pick Boston (which right now that very name is not cool with me) Boston would have to score 116 points more than philly???  In that case everyone better take the over!  i know thats silly but what the heck does the line mean in this case???

quote
crushalot22
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
crushalot22
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2505
Location: Nevada
#7
Posted: 2/4/2009 2:13:42 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by After_I_Win:

Thats WHAT that silly line stupid thing is!  F*CK I thought i had won.  So then Boston would have had to win by 4 for me to win?  and if thats the case how in the world do peeps pick games that are like -13.5!  it could easily go either way!  i thought it was just pick the team!  crap well there goes my streak of "3".  anyone care to give some insight on this whole spread thing?  So like if u think one team will surely win but the line is -13.5, am i understanding that the team must then win by 14 for me to get it right?  But, say mabe i take the other team and they lose by 9, then i still win cuz they would have been +13.5?  OH MAN DOES THIS JUST THROW A WHOLE NEW TWIST ON THINGS!  anyone care to add anything to my reasoning or a helpful hint? 
Play the lottery.  Scratch offs.
quote
Tuppy
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Tuppy
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1245
Location: Japan
#8
Posted: 2/4/2009 4:09:32 AM
Hockey 5.5  is the amount of goals scored oin the game  if you think there will be 6 or more take high  5 and under go with low
quote
LaCaze send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LaCaze
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 62
Location: Texas
#9
Posted: 2/4/2009 12:28:18 PM
Dude....what ever you do, don't get near Vegas!
quote
AtlantaFalcon send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AtlantaFalcon
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Location:
#10
Posted: 2/4/2009 4:25:55 PM
I'm wondering if this thread is a joke thread. Either way, I think After_I_Win is a funny man. As far as the hockey -115, +105 lines go in your exhibit, you'd have to bet $115 to win $100 if you bet for Boston to win, and you'd win $105 if you bet $100 on Philadelphia. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong since I'm kind of new to this thing myself.
quote
After_I_Win send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
After_I_Win
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Location:
#11
Posted: 2/4/2009 5:17:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AtlantaFalcon:

I'm wondering if this thread is a joke thread. Either way, I think After_I_Win is a funny man. As far as the hockey -115, +105 lines go in your exhibit, you'd have to bet $115 to win $100 if you bet for Boston to win, and you'd win $105 if you bet $100 on Philadelphia. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong since I'm kind of new to this thing myself.
           

that dont make sense its not like the line in say basketball...what does the line mean for hockey if u were playing it on Survivor?

quote
crushalot22
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
crushalot22
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2505
Location: Nevada
#12
Posted: 2/4/2009 5:24:10 PM
Doesnt mean garbage.   Just pick who wins in Baseball and Hockey cause those are money lines.  Football and Basketball on Survivor will have pointspreads.
 
Why no questions asked when your second play covered the spread and your team lost the game,  you were credited for a win....
quote
loudoggm send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
loudoggm
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1
Location: South Carolina
#13
Posted: 2/4/2009 7:24:50 PM
please tell me this is a joke...
quote
AtlantaFalcon send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AtlantaFalcon
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Location:
#14
Posted: 2/4/2009 11:04:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by After_I_Win:

           

that dont make sense its not like the line in say basketball...what does the line mean for hockey if u were playing it on Survivor?

Like crushalot said, don't worry about the hockey money lines. Unless you plan on putting any sort of real money on hockey or baseball games, you won't have to really worry about what their lines mean. You can learn about it if you want, but it doesn't have much to do with this survivor game. Basically though, hockey and baseball games are so low scoring that it's kind of pointless to put a spread on their games, so they use the money line method instead.

quote
DirtyBirds11 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DirtyBirds11
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1
Location:
#15
Posted: 2/4/2009 11:49:53 PM
02/04/09NBAPortland Dallas-3.5Loss
Final score was Portland:99 Mavericks:104

Can you explain that one for me?
quote
After_I_Win send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
After_I_Win
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Location:
#16
Posted: 2/5/2009 12:55:01 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by crushalot22:

Doesnt mean garbage.   Just pick who wins in Baseball and Hockey cause those are money lines.  Football and Basketball on Survivor will have pointspreads.
 
Why no questions asked when your second play covered the spread and your team lost the game,  you were credited for a win....
    

  Thanks!  I get it now. lol

quote
After_I_Win send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
After_I_Win
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Location:
#17
Posted: 2/5/2009 12:56:47 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AtlantaFalcon:

Like crushalot said, don't worry about the hockey money lines. Unless you plan on putting any sort of real money on hockey or baseball games, you won't have to really worry about what their lines mean. You can learn about it if you want, but it doesn't have much to do with this survivor game. Basically though, hockey and baseball games are so low scoring that it's kind of pointless to put a spread on their games, so they use the money line method instead.

Hey thank u too!   

quote
After_I_Win send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
After_I_Win
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Location:
#18
Posted: 2/5/2009 1:11:16 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DirtyBirds11:

02/04/09 NBA Portland   Dallas -3.5 Loss
Final score was Portland:99 Mavericks:104

Can you explain that one for me?

Using my newly discovered talent in reading these unusual numbers called lines/spread or whatever the heck u want to call it, I will do my best to assist u.  ok so like u noted Port 99_Mav 104.  ok so what we need to do here is a little substraction...everyone pull out ur calculators.  104 - 3.5 = 100.5.  Wow im sure glad I had my mathematical instrument for that one--my head is hurting.  So then if I were to understand the system correct this would put Dallas at 100.5 and Portland at 99.  So if u picked Dallas u should have the WIN!  I did notice that a scoreboard on this site had Dallas at 102 so maybe there was an error.  NBA has it at 104...so dont worry, be happy...dont get me started. lol  Ok so I think I covered it

...if my teachers above need to correct me please do.

quote
cincykid8 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
cincykid8
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 167
Location:
#19
Posted: 2/5/2009 1:24:19 AM
i had dallas -4 and i was at 3 wins and i'm back to 0, what the heck i hope they fix this
quote
snuke
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
snuke
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1075
Location: United States
#20
Posted: 2/5/2009 3:12:23 PM
After_I_Win, glad to see you are getting a hang of this.  We all start out as noobs.  Once you get the gist of it, you will start learning more and more about the subtleties of betting.

Here is a good link provided by covers to calculate bet payoffs, parlays, etc:
How to Calculate a Parlay
quote
rviscount send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rviscount
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
Location:
#21
Posted: 2/6/2009 11:09:53 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by After_I_Win:

Ok so did anyone bet on the Bostons Celtics in the Survivor game 2nite?  Umm, I know how it looked like the 76ers were gonna win--but they DID NOT!  why did my streak go down?  I picked BOSTON and they WON.  so it would be nice if those guys could give me my 3 game streak instead of saying that I have 0.  If i am incorrect about this some1 please tell me so .  But, the last time I checked 100 (boston) 99(philly) that would mean Boston won, right?  Amd that is what i picked!  Anyone else see this?
  You bet the spread, boston didnt cover.
quote
Bengalfan9 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Bengalfan9
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 3215
Location: Ohio
#22
Posted: 2/7/2009 10:39:38 AM
dude.. if you don't know about spreads and how to win... get the hell away from this garbage.. it isn't for you
 
don't quit your day job either
 
 
quote
redsox5 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
redsox5
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 462
Location:
#23
Posted: 2/7/2009 5:27:18 PM
he has 30 picks under his belt in Survivor.  I think he knows what he's doing.
quote
axeslinger send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
axeslinger
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Location: United States
#24
Posted: 2/9/2009 12:44:17 PM
after u win ?u can t even read a line dumbass  ur retarded
quote
AtlantaFalcon send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AtlantaFalcon
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Location:
#25
Posted: 2/9/2009 3:51:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by axeslinger:

after u win ?u can t even read a line dumbass  ur retarded
 
It may be a good idea to learn how to spell and use complete sentences before you go off calling people retarded.
quote
Forum Index : Streak Survivor : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.