Messages

Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 4 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: I'm not shopping in Walmart anymore
nc1capper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 15742
Location: North Carolina
#76
Posted: 1/1/2012 6:19:00 PM
ty - I feel better now
quote
esplanade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
esplanade
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8675
Location:
#77
Posted: 1/1/2012 7:08:58 PM
Down goes Scal......................
Down goes Scal......................

Slovak making him look retarded.
quote
ad1260 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ad1260
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 7492
Location: Texas
#78
Posted: 1/1/2012 7:18:48 PM
Walmart sucks behind. Big behind. BUT they without question have the best prices around in general. Especially on clothing and groceries. I personally do not shop there on a regular basis but know that if I went to my local grocery store and spend $200 bucks...I would probably spend like $150-170 bucks at Walmart if I bought the exact same garbage. That is a pretty nice savings when ya look at it and definitely worth it especially for a single mother or father with a child that is only making $10 an hour. Amazingly, I just read this entire thread and have concluded that Slovak and Scalabrine need to go start their own thread and title it "The Endless Debate of Bullshit..." Lol no offense to either of you guys but please, STFU about it fellas...go drink a beer and watch some football for Gods sake!!  Ahhhhhhh the joy and entertainment that only Covers can bring me! Priceless. 
quote
Mako77 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mandalay Bay |
Mako77
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 149
Location: New Zealand
#79
Posted: 1/1/2012 11:05:08 PM
LoL at the argument that there is some sort of age cutoff for referring to a person acting like a girl as a girl. If a girl is old enough to disrepect someone and act like a whiney little garbage, she's old enough to be referred to as a girl.
quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14581
Location: United States
#80
Posted: 1/2/2012 10:40:20 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mako77:

LoL at the argument that there is some sort of age cutoff for referring to a person acting like a girl as a girl. If a girl is old enough to disrepect someone and act like a whiney little garbage, she's old enough to be referred to as a girl.

That's funny. A lot of people might say a five-year old acts like a 'whiney little garbage'. Would you label her a 'girl'? 

Next to box, girl is probably one of the most offensive words you can call a woman, but for whatever reason (because it also means the more acceptable 'female dog' or because it is used so often by men?), it gets a pass when it is said in social settings.

The bottom line is that it is a despicable word that very well might describe some women, but not a 14-year girl who is stigmatized by some dope behind her in Walmart because his 'check-out' experience wasn't as pleasant as he would like.

The best thing to do is apologize to the cashier on the girl's behalf as a patron of the store because as any cashier will tell you, they receive daily verbal abuse from all ages.
quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14581
Location: United States
#81
Posted: 1/2/2012 11:04:50 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ad1260:

Walmart sucks behind. Big behind. BUT they without question have the best prices around in general. Especially on clothing and groceries. I personally do not shop there on a regular basis but know that if I went to my local grocery store and spend $200 bucks...I would probably spend like $150-170 bucks at Walmart if I bought the exact same garbage. That is a pretty nice savings when ya look at it and definitely worth it especially for a single mother or father with a child that is only making $10 an hour. Amazingly, I just read this entire thread and have concluded that Slovak and Scalabrine need to go start their own thread and title it "The Endless Debate of Bullshit..." Lol no offense to either of you guys but please, STFU about it fellas...go drink a beer and watch some football for Gods sake!!  Ahhhhhhh the joy and entertainment that only Covers can bring me! Priceless. 

It's really not an endless debate of bullshit. His comments are at the center of the 'class war' conversation currently being discussed at the GOP debates.  'Class' is now a real issue in a sputtering economy with an extended recession because there are significant shifts in net worth and standards of living which in this case, enrage those it effects.

You will always have class divisions in a capitalist economy and an upper class need not engage in defamation of a lower class, particularly when that person is barely of age to work in America (if that, she could be 13 as well), and therefore is living within her parents' income bracket like this girl was. She is using an EBT card because she has to, not because she wants to get a free lunch off the public dollar.

But what does Slovak have to say about a girl who he knew for two minutes (going WELL beyond her rude behavior) and those of her class:

Post #58 "Lazy, friggin bums"
 
Post #58 "no ambition in life"

Post #58 "don't give a flying darn about making a better life for themselves"

Post #58 "people who have no drive, pride, or ambition to better themselves"

Post #66 "Leech" (yes, a 14 year old who is on welfare because her parents are is now like a bloodsucker that dwells in swamp water)

Post #67 "A bright spark plug of our future" (said with sarcasm/defamation...yes, this needs to be pointed out for some readers here)

Post #20 "The girl with the welfare card"


International readers, it is a new year. If you want a model of internal disruption within this country, that spews vile insults at those who earn less than him, particularly a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL who he has seen for two minutes but never interacted with, who is a byproduct of her parents income bracket and earnings, let SLOVAK from COVERS.com be your definition of the:

UGLY AMERICAN !!! 
quote
Biscuiteater1
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 9246
Location: Wisconsin
#82
Posted: 1/2/2012 11:16:22 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slovak:

Lemming? that was really original.

Regardless of where my exact tax dollar goes, the money is coming from somewhere within this country's working class. And please inform me of how I am telling falsehoods about welfare moms reproducing to live off of Government support. this is a fact within the welfare system. Welfare bums have been scamming this country for decades and are always finding ways to further rape the country. And you of course are in full support of beating the system and getting what is owed.

My main point is this:

How can you afford to own an expensive phone and pay for service monthly service when you apparently can't afford food?

Some people's priorities are just in the wrong places and you can defend these people all you want, but if you were actually part of the working class in this country, there is absolutely no way that you would defend those who leach off of it.

I am part of the working class and would rather have my tax dollars go to needy and DESERVING people than needlees wars and filthy rich companies.But it does grind my gears to see people with really nice cars go into the food bank and come out with bags of food.
quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14581
Location: United States
#83
Posted: 1/2/2012 11:46:45 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Biscuiteater1:

I am part of the working class and would rather have my tax dollars go to needy and DESERVING people than needlees wars and filthy rich companies.But it does grind my gears to see people with really nice cars go into the food bank and come out with bags of food.

And how often do you see that? The poor are an unseen group for the most part. They stay within their communities. Rudy Giuliani literally swept beggars off the streets during his tenure as Mayor removing them from the public view for 'quality of life.' Then when you would see one, that would serve as your representation of the poor. Like your statement, the problem is, those who might have a nicer car than you, drive them into communities like yours and that dominates your perception of those on welfare. There are tens of millions more who live on much, much less.
quote
esplanade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
esplanade
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8675
Location:
#84
Posted: 1/2/2012 11:50:10 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:



The best thing to do is apologize to the cashier on the girl's behalf as a patron of the store because as any cashier will tell you, they receive daily verbal abuse from all ages.


Slovak should have apologized to the cashier on behalf of the girl. WTF??
quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14581
Location: United States
#85
Posted: 1/2/2012 11:58:39 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by esplanade:



Slovak should have apologized to the cashier on behalf of the girl. WTF??

No. It was a suggestion. 

It he wants to make a social contribution to the 'hard-working' individuals he continually praises, he should be directing credit (or in this case an apology) towards the working poor (many of whom are in the service sector in this country and work for minimum wage) or the youth of this country if the cashier was young, to teach them they need not be stigmatized/disrespected like he was doing to the girl with the EBT card. Ironically, the girl with the EBT card treated the cashier with disrespect, in part, because even she may look down on cashiers (and why not, many won't even look those people in the eye and consider them check-out bots for their purchase). It is no surprise that the stigmatize will stigmatize within their own group.

Offer encouragement, not vitriol and insult. These apparently minor interactions we have daily with others make up the whole of what is our life. Make them useful and meaningful.

Instead of blurting out a very demeaning 'girl' instead which helps no one...
quote
Slovak send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Slovak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 10867
Location: Indiana
#86
Posted: 1/2/2012 1:03:04 PM
girl can be labeled to anyone male or female who acts like a girl.

Here is exactly how the situation went down there white shadow:

We are in line for about 5 minutes.

The girl in front of me puts her candy down on the counter and the cashier says "$1.24" pause " you can swipe your card now"

Girl swipes her card, and then the cashier says "Sorry it didn't go through, can you try it again" the girl tells the person she is on the phone with "Hold on, they giving me a problem" then swipes it again and once again the cashier says "I am sorry, can you hand it to me and I'll try to punch it in?"

The cashier punches in the card number and tells the girl that it is being denied and she doesn't know why.

The girl tells the cashier that "it has to work and it is good" and the cashier apologizes and says she tried. The girl then tells the person on the phine that "They giving her garbage and says she got to leave because they pissing her off" and then tells the cashier that she is a lying girl and the Cashier says "What did you say?" and the girl says "you heard me girl" and turns around and pushes through the lines of people behind here telling them to move.

you are right, she wasn't a girl. She was a friggin girl.
quote
Slovak send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Slovak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 10867
Location: Indiana
#87
Posted: 1/2/2012 1:07:04 PM
Post #58 "Lazy, friggin bums"
 
Post #58 "no ambition in life"

Post #58 "don't give a flying darn about making a better life for themselves"

Post #58 "people who have no drive, pride, or ambition to better themselves"

Post #66 "Leech" (yes, a 14 year old who is on welfare because her parents are is now like a bloodsucker that dwells in swamp water)

Post #67 "A bright spark plug of our future" (said with sarcasm/defamation...yes, this needs to be pointed out for some readers here)

Post #20 "The girl with the welfare card"


I couldn't have said it any better myself.
quote
Slovak send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Slovak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 10867
Location: Indiana
#88
Posted: 1/2/2012 1:08:32 PM
I should have apologized to the cashier because some 14 year old acted like a girl? Really?

for all I know she could have been 12.
quote
Mako77 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mandalay Bay |
Mako77
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 149
Location: New Zealand
#89
Posted: 1/2/2012 1:14:40 PM
This scalabrine guy is just another fail troll
quote
KktdocT
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
KktdocT
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 62651
Location: United Kingdom
#90
Posted: 1/2/2012 1:25:21 PM
shouldn't we take this to the politics forum?
quote
tiasman send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
tiasman
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 3477
Location:
#91
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:18:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mako77:

This scalabrine guy is just another fail troll

quote
ad1260 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ad1260
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 7492
Location: Texas
#92
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:24:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:


It's really not an endless debate of bullshit. His comments are at the center of the 'class war' conversation currently being discussed at the GOP debates.  'Class' is now a real issue in a sputtering economy with an extended recession because there are significant shifts in net worth and standards of living which in this case, enrage those it effects.

You will always have class divisions in a capitalist economy and an upper class need not engage in defamation of a lower class, particularly when that person is barely of age to work in America (if that, she could be 13 as well), and therefore is living within her parents' income bracket like this girl was. She is using an EBT card because she has to, not because she wants to get a free lunch off the public dollar.

But what does Slovak have to say about a girl who he knew for two minutes (going WELL beyond her rude behavior) and those of her class:

Post #58 "Lazy, friggin bums"
 
Post #58 "no ambition in life"

Post #58 "don't give a flying darn about making a better life for themselves"

Post #58 "people who have no drive, pride, or ambition to better themselves"

Post #66 "Leech" (yes, a 14 year old who is on welfare because her parents are is now like a bloodsucker that dwells in swamp water)

Post #67 "A bright spark plug of our future" (said with sarcasm/defamation...yes, this needs to be pointed out for some readers here)

Post #20 "The girl with the welfare card"


International readers, it is a new year. If you want a model of internal disruption within this country, that spews vile insults at those who earn less than him, particularly a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL who he has seen for two minutes but never interacted with, who is a byproduct of her parents income bracket and earnings, let SLOVAK from COVERS.com be your definition of the:

UGLY AMERICAN !!! 

Scal, I was just messing around about the "Endless Debate of Bullshit" thread. But you guys arguing does make me laugh thus making me happy  but nonetheless, GL sir and no hard feelings. 
quote
Ace77 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ace77
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 30905
Location: United States
#93
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:36:02 PM
Ricky Ponting > Walmart
quote
wizardofroz
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
wizardofroz
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 5612
Location: Kentucky
#94
Posted: 1/5/2012 3:21:50 AM

 4 of the 11 richest people in the US are all Walton's from Wal-Mart.  Their individual net worths range between 20.5 BILLION and 24.5 BILLION!  Cheap labor, and killing the small business have worked wonders for that family.

At least Target is a classy discount store, unlike that cesspool called Wal-Mart that destroys many more lives than it benefits.   

http://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/#p_1_s_arank_All%20industries_All%20states_All%20categories_

 

quote
Biscuiteater1
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 9246
Location: Wisconsin
#95
Posted: 1/5/2012 10:46:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:


And how often do you see that? The poor are an unseen group for the most part. They stay within their communities. Rudy Giuliani literally swept beggars off the streets during his tenure as Mayor removing them from the public view for 'quality of life.' Then when you would see one, that would serve as your representation of the poor. Like your statement, the problem is, those who might have a nicer car than you, drive them into communities like yours and that dominates your perception of those on welfare. There are tens of millions more who live on much, much less.
The judge decreed that 160 hrs of community service would help in my rehabilitation, and that ended up being in a foodbank.Long story short, like i said, i saw MANY people take advatage of a few bags of groceries that could have afforded to buy them.And fwiw i have spent much more time downtown than uptown if you catch my drift brother Scal.
quote
Slobbasaurus send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Slobbasaurus
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3021
Location: New Jersey
#96
Posted: 1/5/2012 11:03:38 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Mako77:

LoL at the argument that there is some sort of age cutoff for referring to a person acting like a girl as a girl. If a girl is old enough to disrepect someone and act like a whiney little garbage, she's old enough to be referred to as a girl.

Well put.

quote
Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 4 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.