Messages

Forum Index : Boxing : Messages
Author: [Boxing] Topic: Pac Fixed Fight - Maybe you can convince me otherwise
bob2007 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bob2007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 103
Location:
#1
Posted: 12/9/2012 1:08:41 AM
Before the fight, I thought Bob Arum special'll make this a 5th fight. I made a small wager nonetheless Pacquaio.

Why I think it was fixed.

1. Pac hasn't been knocked down since that tall Mexican beat him like 8 years + or whatever.

2. Marquez has never knocked anyone down like this!

3. Punch was hit in his face, not at the end of the punch (not full power).

4. We havent' seen anyone get knocked out this badly since Martinez v Williams. And Williams didn't do an interview after... as I recall. Pac does a pretty coherent one.

...Maybe I'm biased....
quote
vegasslim send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
vegasslim
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1092
Location:
#2
Posted: 12/9/2012 1:10:27 AM
you must smoke the good garbage as that was one of the best knockouts i have EVER SEEN
quote
Riceboi send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Riceboi
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 5371
Location:
#3
Posted: 12/9/2012 1:11:51 AM
lol
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
bob2007 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bob2007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 103
Location:
#4
Posted: 12/9/2012 1:12:55 AM
That's why it should be in the movies.
quote
roofdog03 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
roofdog03
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 572
Location: New York
#5
Posted: 12/9/2012 1:33:13 AM
pacman is a loser just like romney....mayweather dont have to ever prove himself and fight this bum....
quote
2_TEAM_PARLAY send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
2_TEAM_PARLAY
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 106
Location: United States
#6
Posted: 12/9/2012 1:33:45 AM
I think it was fixed, Pacquiao got up and was all smiles.
quote
MEX_ROOKIE
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
MEX_ROOKIE
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3523
Location: Mexico
#7
Posted: 12/9/2012 1:34:48 AM
lol
quote
bob2007 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bob2007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 103
Location:
#8
Posted: 12/9/2012 1:39:31 AM
I think Mayweather ducked Pac first. But as seen in the last few fights / opponent selections. It's obvious Pac and Arum ducking after that.

quote
Redlad send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Redlad
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 4541
Location: New York
#9
Posted: 12/9/2012 1:48:31 AM
My friend....... Take it from someone who has followed boxing for many years. When a fighter gets knocked down & falls forward on his face, he rarely is able to get up. That was NO FIX, just a great counter punch to the jaw.
quote
Vicm01
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Vicm01
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 20
Location: California
#10
Posted: 12/9/2012 1:54:15 AM
Come on fixed? It just seems that everyone that's a PAC fan or betted on him is saying "fixed". It was a great fight and one of the best knockouts. Give the man his dues. If you follow boxing you would know Marquez is no slouch.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
bob2007 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bob2007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 103
Location:
#11
Posted: 12/9/2012 2:04:20 AM
Do follow boxing, Marquez is no slouch, but it's quite difficult to believe that he has knocked out one of the best fighters in this decade in at this weight. Rather than do that against anyone else he's fought before.

Everyone knows the last Pac fight was fixed vs Bradley.

*I correct myself with the point on Paul Williams, he did do a coherent interview after that knock down.
quote
Vicm01
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Vicm01
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 20
Location: California
#12
Posted: 12/9/2012 2:18:32 AM
Yea. I was rooting and also dropped on Marquez but your right I was even surprised by that knockout. It was a perfect counter. But your absolutely right that PAC last fight vs Bradley was so fixed no doubt bout that one
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
TheCrow send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
TheCrow
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 8856
Location: California
#13
Posted: 12/9/2012 2:49:02 AM
was pulling for pacquiao but i don't think this fight was fixed.  i do believe however that pacquiao was rattled mentally when marquez got that first knockdown flush.  Many filipinos have a lot of pride and so what i gathered in between one of the rounds was that freddie roach was telling pacquiao to stick to the game plan, but i feel that manny wanted to give a really good show.  The previous fight with marquez/pacquiao was a little controversial so i think he just wanted to damage marquez or go for the knockout.  But marquez is such a good counter puncher obviously and this did not work out well at all.  

pacquiao could have definitely won a boring decision but to me he's still a real champion.  This knockout will be quite a humbling experience but a mayweather/pacquiao fight has lost its luster on top of mayweather being another counterpuncher.  But i definitely have to give juan marquez a lot of credit for being a 39 year old counterpuncher with a tough chin.
quote
ShadyDude send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: MGM Grand |
ShadyDude
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 237
Location: Texas
#14
Posted: 12/9/2012 3:13:21 AM
Is everybody on meth?

He got Knocked.the.darn.out.

Period.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
ShadyDude send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: MGM Grand |
ShadyDude
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 237
Location: Texas
#15
Posted: 12/9/2012 3:14:09 AM
Bahahahhahahaha, f..uck got changed to darn...kudos Covers.com...
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
marnypoly send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
marnypoly
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3938
Location: California
#16
Posted: 12/9/2012 3:49:03 AM
No random drug testing for this fight. That's all I pretty much need to know about this fight.

This was like watching Barry Bonds hit HRs into the SF bay

Someone please fix this sport already.
quote
gridironguy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
gridironguy
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5296
Location:
#17
Posted: 12/9/2012 5:38:20 AM
i am the biggest manny fan around,

he got straight up fukking rocked by a great great punch 

ANYBODY WHO KNOWS garbage ABOUT BOXING KNOWS THAT THE HARDEST PUNCHES TO ABSORB ARE:

A) THE ONES YOU DON'T SEE COMING

B) WHEN YOU ARE LEANING INTO THE PUNCH

CLEAN LEGIT KO


quote
mr_bollox send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mr_bollox
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 9889
Location:
#18
Posted: 12/9/2012 8:23:43 AM
so sad to see yet another fixed thread from another clown who lost his money 
quote
smoketheeznutz send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
smoketheeznutz
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 286
Location:
#19
Posted: 12/9/2012 12:52:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheCrow:

was pulling for pacquiao but i don't think this fight was fixed.  i do believe however that pacquiao was rattled mentally when marquez got that first knockdown flush.  Many filipinos have a lot of pride and so what i gathered in between one of the rounds was that freddie roach was telling pacquiao to stick to the game plan, but i feel that manny wanted to give a really good show.  The previous fight with marquez/pacquiao was a little controversial so i think he just wanted to damage marquez or go for the knockout.  But marquez is such a good counter puncher obviously and this did not work out well at all.  

pacquiao could have definitely won a boring decision but to me he's still a real champion.  This knockout will be quite a humbling experience but a mayweather/pacquiao fight has lost its luster on top of mayweather being another counterpuncher.  But i definitely have to give juan marquez a lot of credit for being a 39 year old counterpuncher with a tough chin.

quote
Qncyk1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Qncyk1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1070
Location: Mexico
#20
Posted: 12/9/2012 1:11:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gridironguy:

i am the biggest manny fan around,

he got straight up fukking rocked by a great great punch 

ANYBODY WHO KNOWS garbage ABOUT BOXING KNOWS THAT THE HARDEST PUNCHES TO ABSORB ARE:

A) THE ONES YOU DON'T SEE COMING

B) WHEN YOU ARE LEANING INTO THE PUNCH

CLEAN LEGIT KO


if you hang out on this boxing forum youll quickly realize that many people here dont know garbage about boxing.

fixed fight?

you gotta be some kind of stupid.

quote
frank the tank send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
frank the tank
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 5755
Location:
#21
Posted: 12/9/2012 1:40:07 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bob2007:

Before the fight, I thought Bob Arum special'll make this a 5th fight. I made a small wager nonetheless Pacquaio.

Why I think it was fixed.

1. Pac hasn't been knocked down since that tall Mexican beat him like 8 years + or whatever.

2. Marquez has never knocked anyone down like this!

3. Punch was hit in his face, not at the end of the punch (not full power).

4. We havent' seen anyone get knocked out this badly since Martinez v Williams. And Williams didn't do an interview after... as I recall. Pac does a pretty coherent one.

...Maybe I'm biased....


you are biased and you are a noob

1. It was a perfect shot along with Pacquiao tripping and essentially falling into a full power shot.

2. read above

3. was more than full power cause of Pacquiaos momentum

4. Some people shake off KO's. HE was out for minutes but of course HBO wants to interview PAcquiao because he is one of the biggest stars. I read he had a hard time focusing his eyes for awhile but finally was well enough for interview.

again this thread is stupid
quote
bhawksfan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bhawksfan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2516
Location:
#22
Posted: 12/9/2012 9:27:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by marnypoly:

No random drug testing for this fight. That's all I pretty much need to know about this fight.

This was like watching Barry Bonds hit HRs into the SF bay

Someone please fix this sport already.




quote
bob2007 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bob2007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 103
Location:
#23
Posted: 12/10/2012 5:12:58 AM
Why's the thread stupid, sports' been around for a long time, there's been many fixed fights. Bigger than this one. Frank, you're the noob talking bout garbage everyone knows. walking into punches, momentum blabla, everyone 's heard it from the commentators.

Giving an interview has nothing to do with HBO, who gives a darn bout them. The biggest star told Larry Merchant he knows garbage bout boxing on AIR.

mr_bollox
If you read... I put tiny money on this.


quote
BigPapa21 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
BigPapa21
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 2600
Location: United States
#24
Posted: 12/10/2012 6:06:20 AM
I guess pac-mans wife being upset was part of the Fix. That was a brutal KO. Did you see the faces of the people sitting ring side? It was a scarey vicious KO. The only thing fixed about that fight was the possibly juicing. Another thing that could have been different was Mannys approach to the fight. He got caught up in the things being said that he didn't win any of the first 3 fights. He wanted to win convincingly and gave up his chin. It was a great fight all and all. I agree with my man Qncyk1 if you think this was fixed you must be on something...
quote
Forum Index : Boxing : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.