UFC on Fuel TV 2 Plays

Forum: Mixed Martial Arts Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Mixed Martial Arts] Topic: UFC on Fuel TV 2 Plays
MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6683
Ontario
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/13/2012 11:18:19 PM
YTD Record:
Overall: 49-49-1, +13.10 Units
UFC: 34-27-1, +15.95 Units
Strikeforce: 6-5, +2.85 Units
Bellator: 9-17, -5.70 Units ,
Final 2011 Record: 148-132-3, +123.55 Units
Final 2010 Record: 115-119-3, +11.25 Units
Final 2009 Record: 80-82-1, +23.75 Units
 
I am very happy that the UFC is back.  Hopefully my brutal Bellator capping of late does not carry over to UFC...
 
I must say that this card is very difficult to cap.  A lot of new guys debuting on this card, and a lot of other guys who really have no business being employed by the UFC.   I have only locked in on two plays at the moment:
 
Eric Wisely (-162.5) over Jason Young.  Risking 2 units to win 3.25 units.  Jason Young's takedown defense is brutal.  Wisely's takedown's are decent, so hopefully Wisely will get the job done.
 
Cryrille Diabate (+187.5) over Tom Deblass.  Risking 2 units to win 3.75 units.  Deblass is taking this fight on really short notice.  Normally, Diabate is autofade against anyone with grappling ability.  However, I like him in this sport.  If you thought Anthony Perosh's striking was bad, wait till you see this stiff in action.  Deblass is giving up way too much height and reach to be able to shoot from distance.  I really think Diabate will KO Deblass coming in for a takedown.
 
I will finalize my card tomorrow morning before fight time...
deserted PM deserted
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 685
Saskatchewan
 
deserted
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 12:28:14 AM
wisley should be + 162 
sharpstick PM sharpstick
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8523
Nevada
 
sharpstick
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 12:54:01 AM
BOL.

kneeunthaface PM kneeunthaface
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 582
 
kneeunthaface
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 2:02:07 AM
You don't love The Mauler in front of the home crowd?

Thoughts on Brad Pickett?
ctm1985 PM ctm1985
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1878
Canada
 
ctm1985
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 3:08:41 AM
I thought about Diabate at that number too, but man from what I remember he just looked old and worn in the Perosh fight.  No play for me but I hope you hit it!

Funny that you messed up the Wisely line, I actually bet on Young at +150 when it opened at 5dimes but it was obviously a mistake

GL tomorrow
MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6683
Ontario
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 9:58:06 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by deserted:

wisley should be + 162 

Yes, typo on my part...

MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6683
Ontario
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:04:09 AM

FINAL CARD:

1.  Paulo Thiago (-147.5) over Siyar Bahadurzada.  Risking 10 units to win 6.8 units.

2.  Parlay of Brian Stann over Alessio Sakara and Reza Madadi over Yoislandy Izquierdo.  Risking 4 units to win 3 units.

3.  John Maguire (-150) over Damarques Johnson.  Risking 3 units to win 2 units.

4.  Parlay of Brad Pickett over Damacio Page and Alexander Gustafsson over Thiago Silva.  Risking 2 units to win 2.15 units.

5.  Eric Wisely (+162.5) over Jason Young. Risking 2 units to win 3.25 units.

6.  Cryrille Diabate (+187.5) over Tom Deblass. Risking 2 units to win 3.75 units.

7.  Parlay of Francis Carmont over Magnus Cedenblad, Papy Abedi over James Head and Simeon Thoresen over Besam Yousef.  Risking 1.5 units to win 2.4 units.

8.  Denis Siver (+170) over Diego Nunes.  Risking 1 unit to win 1.7 units.

BOL to everyone with your plays!!! 

MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6683
Ontario
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:06:07 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by kneeunthaface:

You don't love The Mauler in front of the home crowd?

Thoughts on Brad Pickett?

I am on both...

MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6683
Ontario
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:06:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sharpstick:

BOL.

MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6683
Ontario
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:09:10 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ctm1985:

I thought about Diabate at that number too, but man from what I remember he just looked old and worn in the Perosh fight.  No play for me but I hope you hit it!

Funny that you messed up the Wisely line, I actually bet on Young at +150 when it opened at 5dimes but it was obviously a mistake

GL tomorrow

Wisely should be a -162 fav over Young IMO......but yes, it was a typo...

The difference between Diabate vs Perosh and this fight is that Perosh can take a strike and keep moving forward.  I am not sure that Deblass will be able to do the same.  Perosh is also considerably bigger and stronger than Deblass and did not face the same reach and height disadvantages that Deblass is facing here,

2169 PM 2169
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 10748
Massachusetts
 
2169
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:31:59 AM
sawman PM sawman
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 5076
Alberta
 
sawman
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:39:13 AM

i like them all but siver... good luck today, bro

the diabate size differential is unbelievable. they say its 7" but it looks more

deserted PM deserted
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 685
Saskatchewan
 
deserted
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:54:16 AM
GL ! Don't let that Bellator stuff get you down, if you're having a tough run at something and you're only down 5 units you're doing good in my books! gl hf!
esprague PM esprague
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 622
Massachusetts
 
esprague
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 2:31:51 PM

thanks for the advice on diabate...you made that fight your girl.  I chickened out on wagering on the Nunes-Siver fight, though I really wanted some action on it...I really like Nunes as a fighter, but Siver dropping down is a little scary, as I think he's more technical of a striker...anyway, good luck, and thanks again:

Parlay Bet

Description Risk Win
Apr 14 05:20 PM EST - U.F.C. UFC on Fuel TV 2 - 4202 Alexander Gustafsson -210 for Fight Lines
Apr 14 04:45 PM EST - U.F.C. UFC on Fuel TV 2 - 4206 Brian Stann -400 for Fight Lines
Apr 14 03:10 PM EST - U.F.C. UFC on Fuel TV 2 - 4222 Brad Pickett -260 for Fight Lines
Apr 14 02:20 PM EST - U.F.C. UFC on Fuel TV 2 - 4226 Papy Abedi -260 for Fight Lines
Apr 14 02:00 PM EST - U.F.C. UFC on Fuel TV 2 - 4229 Cyrille Diabate +165 for Fight Lines
5 Team Parlay 51.32 429.79

Bet Slip Total
Risk Win
51.32 USD 429.79 USD
esprague PM esprague
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 622
Massachusetts
 
esprague
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 2:44:21 PM
haha, well that didn't last long, but keep up the good work...
PistolVania PM PistolVania
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2325
 
PistolVania
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 2:44:24 PM
abedi is such a scrub


MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6683
Ontario
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 2:59:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sawman:

i like them all but siver... good luck today, bro

the diabate size differential is unbelievable. they say its 7" but it looks more

BOL on your plays as well...

MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6683
Ontario
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 2:59:52 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by deserted:

GL ! Don't let that Bellator stuff get you down, if you're having a tough run at something and you're only down 5 units you're doing good in my books! gl hf!

Thanks for the kind words...

MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6683
Ontario
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 3:00:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by esprague:

thanks for the advice on diabate...you made that fight your girl.  I chickened out on wagering on the Nunes-Siver fight, though I really wanted some action on it...I really like Nunes as a fighter, but Siver dropping down is a little scary, as I think he's more technical of a striker...anyway, good luck, and thanks again:

Parlay Bet

Description Risk Win
Apr 14 05:20 PM EST - U.F.C. UFC on Fuel TV 2 - 4202 Alexander Gustafsson -210 for Fight Lines
Apr 14 04:45 PM EST - U.F.C. UFC on Fuel TV 2 - 4206 Brian Stann -400 for Fight Lines
Apr 14 03:10 PM EST - U.F.C. UFC on Fuel TV 2 - 4222 Brad Pickett -260 for Fight Lines
Apr 14 02:20 PM EST - U.F.C. UFC on Fuel TV 2 - 4226 Papy Abedi -260 for Fight Lines
Apr 14 02:00 PM EST - U.F.C. UFC on Fuel TV 2 - 4229 Cyrille Diabate +165 for Fight Lines
5 Team Parlay 51.32 429.79

Bet Slip Total
Risk Win
51.32 USD 429.79 USD

Diabate...

MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6683
Ontario
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 3:03:17 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by PistolVania:

abedi is such a scrub


Unfortunately, it does not appear that Abedi can take a punch.  I think his UFC career is now over...

MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6683
Ontario
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 4:42:52 PM

Paulo Thiago...

u have got to be f*cking kidding me...

PistolVania PM PistolVania
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2325
 
PistolVania
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 4:45:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MR219:

Paulo Thiago...

u have got to be f*cking kidding me...



i feel you man, i just lost a lot on him, hes never been knocked out in his career and he gets K.O'd now

WHAT A JOKE

Gimmmethatjuice PM Gimmmethatjuice
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 127
 
Gimmmethatjuice
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 4:49:09 PM
Crazy, dude has fought top echelon guys and never been stopped and goes down on a short right like that. 
MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6683
Ontario
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 5:59:22 PM

The plays went 5-3, but I lose 0.9 units thanks largely to Paulo Thiago walking into a knockout...

Here is the recap:

1. Paulo Thiago ,,

2. Parlay of Brian Stann and Reza Madadi

3. John Maguire

4. Parlay of Brad Pickett and Alexander Gustafsson

5. Eric Wisely

6. Cryrille Diabate

7. Parlay of Francis Carmont Simeon Thoresen and Papy Abedi

8. Denis Siver

MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6683
Ontario
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/14/2012 6:01:06 PM
Updated YTD Record:
Overall: 54-52-1, +12.20 Units
UFC: 39-30-1, +15.05 Units
Strikeforce: 6-5, +2.85 Units
Bellator: 9-17, -5.70 Units ,
Final 2011 Record: 148-132-3, +123.55 Units
Final 2010 Record: 115-119-3, +11.25 Units
Final 2009 Record: 80-82-1, +23.75 Units
 
Unfortunately, I have a lot of work to do if I want to match last year's pace...
Forum: Mixed Martial Arts Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.