Book has lost over $100K on OT promotion this season
(formerly Sportsbook.com) has lost $137,022 this year, thanks to a promotion relating to NFL overtime games, according to the company.
The book announced at the beginning of the regular season that it will refund the stakes on spread bets lost during regular season overtime periods.
“We were looking for a promotion to really differentiate the sportsbook and set it apart in the industry and I think we did a good job at that. Being different has a cost and I think those bet refunds reflect very positively in our customers´ perception of the brand," said Uwin.com Trading Director Russ Candler.
So far this season 17 games have gone to overtime in the NFL. Only five of those games were not determined in the extra frame for the spread bettor.
Eleven of the 17 OT games went over the total while the other six fell under the number.
Here's a look at a few more overtime stats:
- The Buccaneers have never scored an overtime touchdown.
- The Vikings have allowed the most overtime touchdowns (10)
- The Broncos and the Steelers have played the most overtime games in NFL history up to 2010 (40 games each)
- From 1991-2003 the Patriots played in at least one overtime game every season (13 consecutive seasons).
- Here´s some bragging rights material for 49er fans: The 49ers have been able to win eight consecutive overtime games.