Search model icon

Super Bowl Date

Participants:
Views: 201

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

Did I hear the next Super Bowl is scheduled for February 7th. Geez in 10 years it will be scheduled for 4th of July weekend if they keep adding more games on.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

Super Bowl LV was played on 2021-02-07.  Super Bowl LVI will be played on 2022-02-06.

No big deal. 

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

Super Bowl LV was played on 2021-02-07.  Super Bowl LVI will be played on 2022-02-06. No big deal.

No Biggie 

Smart move by the players and owners ..The stats will merit larger contracts / historical records 

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Quote Originally Posted by Verdict:

Did I hear the next Super Bowl is scheduled for February 7th. Geez in 10 years it will be scheduled for 4th of July weekend if they keep adding more games on.

its February 13 now after making 17 game season official, originally was for feb 6th. if they did add more weeks in the future maybe could start season earlier since they are cutting preseason games little by little. down to 3 preseason games, eventually 2 then none. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

I can't find any reason why SB game was moved back one week.  There will still be 20 games played before the post-season.  If the NFL has added a second bye, please post a link.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

I finally figured it out.  Although there will be only 3 preseason games, the regular season will still begin on the Thursday after Labor Day.

Interesting factoid:  February is the rainiest month of the year in Los Angeles.

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

I finally figured it out.  Although there will be only 3 preseason games, the regular season will still begin on the Thursday after Labor Day. Interesting factoid:  February is the rainiest month of the year in Los Angeles.

The rainiest month of the year in LA means a mild mist. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

Quote Originally Posted by tahoejoe2:

Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams: I finally figured it out.  Although there will be only 3 preseason games, the regular season will still begin on the Thursday after Labor Day. Interesting factoid:  February is the rainiest month of the year in Los Angeles. The rainiest month of the year in LA means a mild mist.

3.68 inches is not just "a mild mist."  However, that can be accumulated in just a few doys, and not necessarily Super Bowl Sunday.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

years ago SB was always played end of january now with all the extended bye weeks it happens in feb

new_tounge_wink

I love dat t w a t

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Don't worry the pandemic isn't going to end by then :)

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

Actually, as a winter sport football should be played from October to March. Players get really hot with all the pads on, especially here in Florida in September. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

clover

Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GPWA Logo GDPR Logo GeoTrust Logo Evalon Logo