The author compares apples to oranges, looks to capitalize on tragedy, and purposefully ignores context. Taken together, the author, Eugene Robinson, shows himself to be a race baiter and a bigot.
At the end of the day, I would like to say that I am not surprised that Mr. Robinson receives a paycheck for his contribution, but that would be a lie. I am, in fact, very surprised that the editorial staff at the Washington Post would put thier name on it, and actually pay money for this tripe. It would be much quicker, and cheaper, to simply recycle an old Louis Farrakhan sermon in order to illustrate the editorial staff's feelings toward everything "American".
Mr. Robinson, you have no idea what is transpiring in rural Oregon. All you are doing is preaching to some audience, somewhere, and getting paid for it. I would encourage you to spend one day with your feet not on asphalt, not in the Beltway, not in some restaurant in Times Square, before you preach about how the evil American justice system is against you and for the religious "zealots" in Oregon.
This Washington post OP ED by Eugene is more evidence that the people in charge of writing books in this country need to spend more time reading them. It would be a good idea for Mr. Robinson to read a bit on the Branch Davidians and Waco Texas back in the 1990's, before deciding that white religious zealots rule the roost.
Never Make A Winner A Loser. Never.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
This article is everything that is wrong with America.
The author compares apples to oranges, looks to capitalize on tragedy, and purposefully ignores context. Taken together, the author, Eugene Robinson, shows himself to be a race baiter and a bigot.
At the end of the day, I would like to say that I am not surprised that Mr. Robinson receives a paycheck for his contribution, but that would be a lie. I am, in fact, very surprised that the editorial staff at the Washington Post would put thier name on it, and actually pay money for this tripe. It would be much quicker, and cheaper, to simply recycle an old Louis Farrakhan sermon in order to illustrate the editorial staff's feelings toward everything "American".
Mr. Robinson, you have no idea what is transpiring in rural Oregon. All you are doing is preaching to some audience, somewhere, and getting paid for it. I would encourage you to spend one day with your feet not on asphalt, not in the Beltway, not in some restaurant in Times Square, before you preach about how the evil American justice system is against you and for the religious "zealots" in Oregon.
This Washington post OP ED by Eugene is more evidence that the people in charge of writing books in this country need to spend more time reading them. It would be a good idea for Mr. Robinson to read a bit on the Branch Davidians and Waco Texas back in the 1990's, before deciding that white religious zealots rule the roost.