New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

I LIKE OU IN THE BIG12 BUT!!!

Participants:
Views: 97334

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

Serval things going on with Sooners...Transfer Jalen Hurts will be OU’s third straight transfer starter...other 2 guys won Heisman...Hurts isn’t the same player as Mayfield or K.Murray...but, he is a one-time SEC Offensive Player of the year..& 2 appearance in National Ship games.....my concerns are new D/C (Alex Grinch)...& Hurts not being a pure passer.!! ***2 Good Sleepers ** TCU & Iowa St.)...both teams get almost all starters..Iowa State returns entire O Line & TCU gets some key injuries back..!! NOT REALLY WORRIED ABOUT UT!!! 

Quote Post Report User

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

It should be a very competitive Big 12 this year. I'm a Sooners fan, but I'm not completely sold on my team this year. They lose most of the best OL they've ever fielded. Fans got spoiled on the offense and are possibly overestimating that side of the ball this year. Hurts could find himself running for his life until they gel up front. But then again, Riley seems to have the touch when it comes to offensive schemes and being able to expose his opponents defensive weaknesses. So I'm still not quite sure what to make of the Sooners.  Texas will probably have a bit of a down year because of their youth, but watch out next year, and possibly even the second half of this season. They usually start getting better by the time they get to OU in mid October. I put ISU and TCU in about the same boat. But I like ISU's schedule a bit more. I think OSU is the team that will do well ATS this year. I see them playing a lot of close games as dogs or being made very short favorites because their expectations are lower than normal this year being picked around 5th or 6th in the Big 12.. Gundy went 7-6 last year. I've never seen him have 2 mediocre seasons in a row...I'll be watching the Pokes closely to see if their touted freshman QB can live up to expectations.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

take HOUSTON +26
Lead - follow - or get the hell out of the way

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Quote Originally Posted by DrStrangelove:

It should be a very competitive Big 12 this year. I'm a Sooners fan, but I'm not completely sold on my team this year. They lose most of the best OL they've ever fielded. Fans got spoiled on the offense and are possibly overestimating that side of the ball this year. Hurts could find himself running for his life until they gel up front. But then again, Riley seems to have the touch when it comes to offensive schemes and being able to expose his opponents defensive weaknesses. So I'm still not quite sure what to make of the Sooners.  Texas will probably have a bit of a down year because of their youth, but watch out next year, and possibly even the second half of this season. They usually start getting better by the time they get to OU in mid October. I put ISU and TCU in about the same boat. But I like ISU's schedule a bit more. I think OSU is the team that will do well ATS this year. I see them playing a lot of close games as dogs or being made very short favorites because their expectations are lower than normal this year being picked around 5th or 6th in the Big 12.. Gundy went 7-6 last year. I've never seen him have 2 mediocre seasons in a row...I'll be watching the Pokes closely to see if their touted freshman QB can live up to expectations.
Glad u mention O line..forgot to mention them in post..W Virginia might make a little noise also... I sure hope Sooners D play way better this year ..still young with some good returning starters ..We Shall See..GL this year!!

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Quote Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

take HOUSTON +26
  Probably wouldn’t be a bad bet OU hardly ever covers spread..BOL this year BA!

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Looking at OU win total (O10.5)...

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

Quote Originally Posted by Wizz_KIDD35:

Looking at OU win total (O10.5)...
GT vs CLEM (O58.5)....BYU(+6.5)..week 1

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

GT vs CLEM (O58.5)....BYU(+6.5)..week 1
N.WESTERN +7..vs Stanford!

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Lean MIA vs FLA(U51.5)....will make final play closer game day....!!

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Leans MIA vs FLA(U51.5)....will make final plays closer game day....!!
Bama vs Duke (O60).....Oregon +3.5).......AUB vs ORG(O58.5)!

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

When I look at the Sooners first thing that comes to mind, 

VERY YOUNG OFFENSIVE LINE!!! 

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

ABSOLUTELY!! Hopefully D steps up...don’t think they’ll score on every possession ..like past few years..we shall see..BOL this year!!

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

how bout that rock solid D?

OU opponents entered the RED ZONE 54X in 2018 >> scored 45 TD's......#130 of course.....no D since AF and SDSU in 2013 have been worse...................
Lead - follow - or get the hell out of the way

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #14

OU opponents entered the RED ZONE 54X in 2018 >> scored 45 TD's......#130 of course.....no D since AF and SDSU in 2013 have been worse...................
Probably why Stoops got fired..I think he should’ve been long gone... 2 Heisman winners very dynamic players...a Offensive Genius (Lincoln Riley) ..the Sooners may have cost themselves a National Ship by waiting so long to part ways with stoops!!

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #15

Are these full unit plays? No leans or thinking plays right

Looking forward to my favorite time of the year. Gonna ride the train w you WK. an_cheers

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #16

And yet they win the BIG12, make the college playoffs, and even covered the spread vs Bama. 

So much for the days when Defense wins Championships! 

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #17

Quote Originally Posted by steezy:

Are these full unit plays? No leans or thinking plays right

Looking forward to my favorite time of the year. Gonna ride the train w you WK. an_cheers

some are leans..will be a final card closer game day!! Get em 

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #18

And yet they win the BIG12, make the college playoffs, and even covered the spread vs Bama. 

So much for the days when Defense wins Championships! 
 EXACTLY!!

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #19

ARIZ vs HAW (O68.5)

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #20

LOOKING IN THE PAC-12 WASHINGTON ST (O8.5) wins..won 11 games last season..returns a good amount of starters back...have a few tough road games....Oregon, UW, Utah...( Mike Leach) should have the Cougars ready to roll!!

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #21

Sooners have yet to name a starting QB.....with some young talent at OU...Riley might wait until a day before game kickoff...one would assume hurts ..seems as if the other 2 guys also have a shot!

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #22

FIU+3....FIU(ML).....vs Tulane ...Get em!!

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #23

Blessings and Good Luck this season , Wizz      

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #24

Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

Blessings and Good Luck this season , Wizz      
Likewise 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #25

ANYBODY like texas +6.5 vs Oklahoma? This a revenge game since texas got knocked off in the big 12 championship. 
Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo