Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [Politics] Topic: McCain was 894th out of 899 Naval Academy students?????
TheGoldenGoose
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 21525
Location: Belize
#1
Posted: 7/2/2008 3:46:40 PM

I guess this has been out for a while.  Sorry if this is a re-post, but I can't believe the more I learn about McCain, the more he looks worse than our current POTUS.  Is that even possible?????

"McCain struggled in naval academy, finishing 894th out of 899 students, and was rejected by the U.S. National War College until his family intervened with the Secretary of the Navy."

Holy Horse garbage Batman!!!!!




quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 49638
Location: United States
#2
Posted: 7/2/2008 3:54:04 PM
Wow..that is terrible.

I bet he picked his nose as a kid and probably stole some candy from the store when he was 7 too.


quote
mta6 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mta6
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1649
Location:
#3
Posted: 7/2/2008 3:58:09 PM
wallstreet it is pretty hard to tell the american people that one of
 
the biggest reasons you are more prepared is because of military
 
service but the biggest reason why you were in a plane that got
 
shot down and ended up being a pow is because your family pulled
 
strings to get you in that seat to begin with and without them he
 
would of probably been asking people "do you want fries with that
 
order" instead of sitting in the hanoi hilton
 
 
it seems to me that the pro mccain people want it both ways
 
who cares that he shouldnt of been in that plane to begin with
 
 
quote
kujayhwk send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
kujayhwk
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7180
Location: Kyrgyzstan
#4
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:00:26 PM
Another in a long line of 'silver spooners' who would not have amounted to much without "daddy's intervening hand" being involved.
 
Of course ol' John had the benefit of two "daddy's intervening hands"...the other was named Hensley. 
 
 
quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 49638
Location: United States
#5
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:08:35 PM
You guys act like this never happens.

I am hardly pro-McCain, rather I am against bullsh!t which has no relevance to the current state of the country and is a smoke-screen smear job to try and discredit McCain rather than dealing with ISSUES which we need to talk about.

This was what almost 40 yrs ago??

How about we discuss things which happened in most of our lifetimes and have importance for the next 4 years.
quote
mta6 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mta6
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1649
Location:
#6
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:17:13 PM
wallstreet i agree with you but unfortunately a big part of mccains
 
campaign is how he is prepared to be commander in chief because
 
of his military backround which in truth is based on his name more
 
than on his own accomplishments
 
its very similar to being a courtroom certain things are not
 
admissable until the defendant opens his mouth and allows
 
the prosecutor to now refute them with those inadmissable facts
 
 
this is how this is relevant- you cant claim to be an expert on one
 
area when the only real thing that made you an expert was being
 
a pow from being in a plane that you should not of been in to
 
begin with- you cant have it both ways especially when you are
 
using this logic in your campaign
 
 
and this goes back to my original point what does being a pow
 
qualify you to be potus especially when if his name wasnt mccain
 
he wouldnt of been one to begin with- this experience he claims
 
to have is an illusion they only experience he truly has is his
 
father and grandfather and unfortunately they are no longer living
quote
mta6 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mta6
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1649
Location:
#7
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:21:43 PM
now dont get me wrong i do admire what he did go through as a
 
pow and i admire him for not allowing himself to leave earlier than
 
others but i do have to question was that for ethical and moral
 
reasons or more to try and lesson the dissappointment he felt
 
by allowing himself to be used as propaganda purposes to try
 
and make amends with his father?
 
and unfortunately this man has shown he does not have ethics
 
or morals anymore so i really dont know which of the two reasons
 
was why he didnt leave before others
quote
MuEagles79 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
MuEagles79
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3286
Location: Illinois
#8
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:25:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

You guys act like this never happens.

I am hardly pro-McCain, rather I am against bullsh!t which has no relevance to the current state of the country and is a smoke-screen smear job to try and discredit McCain rather than dealing with ISSUES which we need to talk about.

This was what almost 40 yrs ago??

How about we discuss things which happened in most of our lifetimes and have importance for the next 4 years.

agree that we should focus on issues but McCain has made this an issue by suggesting his military experience is what has better prepared him to be POTUS than Obama.  He has shot himself in the foot on this one.

quote
KOAJ send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
KOAJ
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 66698
Location: New Jersey
#9
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:25:49 PM
wesley clark said mccains experience didnt make him qualified

yet

in 04, kerry's experience made him qualified



which is wes?


quote
kujayhwk send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
kujayhwk
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7180
Location: Kyrgyzstan
#10
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:26:55 PM
So WSC...I am not quite understanding you here.
 
Are you saying that just because a certain amount of time has passed between events, they are no longer relevant to a person's conduct and character?
 
Yes....this military academic issue is old...so it has no relevance?
 
Yes...McCain had numerous affairs while married and dumped a crippled wife to get a rich young one that would finance his ambitions...but that happened in the past and so has no relevance?
 
Yes...McCain was knee deep in the Keating scandal, both himself and the Hensley family...but that was in the past and has no bearing or relevance?
 
Sorry......these things (and more) all speak to the character and demeanor of a man who would be president.
 
They are relevant, and they are important for the next 4 years, imo.
quote
mta6 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mta6
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1649
Location:
#11
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:29:49 PM
first of all koaj you may actually want to study the two histories
 
of both of these people- thats first the majority of mccains military
 
career consisted of being a pow while kerrys did not
 
as for him saying mccains experience didnt make him qualified
 
again dont want to let facts get in the way but he stated being
 
in a plane that got shot down does not make one qualified to
 
be potus- not his military record but again i know facts are not
 
something you always like to hear
quote
abaum87 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
abaum87
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 535
Location: Vatican City
#12
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:31:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


I guess this has been out for a while.  Sorry if this is a re-post, but I can't believe the more I learn about McCain, the more he looks worse than our current POTUS.  Is that even possible?????

"McCain struggled in naval academy, finishing 894th out of 899 students, and was rejected by the U.S. National War College until his family intervened with the Secretary of the Navy."

Holy Horse garbage Batman!!!!!




What place did Obama finish in his naval academy class.  Oh yeah that's right he didn't serve.  He was to busy being indoctrinated with anti-american rhetoric from his father figure the Rev. Wright.

How many people do you know now-a-days that would pull strings to serve?  Obama won't even wear a flag pin forget about actually fighting for his country.   

quote
abaum87 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
abaum87
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 535
Location: Vatican City
#13
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:39:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mta6:

first of all koaj you may actually want to study the two histories
 
of both of these people- thats first the majority of mccains military
 
career consisted of being a pow while kerrys did not
 
as for him saying mccains experience didnt make him qualified
 
again dont want to let facts get in the way but he stated being
 
in a plane that got shot down does not make one qualified to
 
be potus- not his military record but again i know facts are not
 
something you always like to hear

Possibly one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard.  No one, including McCain himself, claims that military service alone is enough to qualify one to be President.  People are acting like McCain is an unknown soldier who's only credential is that he was shot down and was a POW.

He's been a Senator for 30 years. 

When Obama pundits site his experience, or lack of, they reference from his resume that he was a community organizer in chicago and that he was the first black editor of the Harvard Review.  He's been a senator for 2 years and has been running for President for 1 of those 2 years. 

 

     

quote
mta6 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mta6
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1649
Location:
#14
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:41:03 PM
ab how has the bush presidency worked out?
 
he was actually to busy doing this
 
Obama entered Harvard Law School in late 1988 and at the end of his first year was selected as an editor of the law review based on his grades and a writing competition.[16] In his second year he was elected president of the law review, a full-time volunteer position functioning as editor-in-chief and supervising the law review's staff of 80 editors.[17] Obama's election in February 1990 as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review was widely reported and followed by several long, detailed profiles.[17] He graduated with a J.D. magna juice laude from Harvard in 1991
 
 
 
and with those credentials could of joined any top law firm in the
 
country and made more money than most could ever dream of
 
but instead of that went into community activism- i dont agree
 
with alot of his principles policy issues but i do admire a person
 
who wanted to do more than just make money especially a person
 
like obama who came from literally nothing- it would of been quite
 
easy to live the high life but he chose to go back and work for the
 
community
 
 
quote
TheGoldenGoose
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 21525
Location: Belize
#15
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:41:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by abaum87:

What place did Obama finish in his naval academy class.  Oh yeah that's right he didn't serve.  He was to busy being indoctrinated with anti-american rhetoric from his father figure the Rev. Wright.

How many people do you know now-a-days that would pull strings to serve?  Obama won't even wear a flag pin forget about actually fighting for his country.   




Another SAF


K:
Well said sir. It matters to me also.


quote
abaum87 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
abaum87
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 535
Location: Vatican City
#16
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:52:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mta6:

ab how has the bush presidency worked out?
 
he was actually to busy doing this
 
Obama entered Harvard Law School in late 1988 and at the end of his first year was selected as an editor of the law review based on his grades and a writing competition.[16] In his second year he was elected president of the law review, a full-time volunteer position functioning as editor-in-chief and supervising the law review's staff of 80 editors.[17] Obama's election in February 1990 as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review was widely reported and followed by several long, detailed profiles.[17] He graduated with a J.D. magna juice laude from Harvard in 1991
 
 
 
and with those credentials could of joined any top law firm in the
 
country and made more money than most could ever dream of
 
but instead of that went into community activism- i dont agree
 
with alot of his principles policy issues but i do admire a person
 
who wanted to do more than just make money especially a person
 
like obama who came from literally nothing- it would of been quite
 
easy to live the high life but he chose to go back and work for the
 
community
 
 

That's fine and certainly worthy of admiration.  What's ironic is that you're so quick to admire Obama's community service but so quick to put down and belittle McCains military service.

If you ask me both show strong character.  However Obamas character comes into question when you learn about his associations.  It's very clear that he surrounds himself with and finds inspiration in people who preach anti-american sediment.  There really is no denying that.

Dems can sweep that under the rug and and it may work because people hate Bush so much but that doesn't mean Obama is the answer. 

 

 

      

quote
ad1260 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ad1260
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 7493
Location: Texas
#17
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:58:40 PM
Hey....if your not first, your last 
quote
mta6 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mta6
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1649
Location:
#18
Posted: 7/2/2008 5:10:26 PM
ab i put down mccains military record because he didnt earn it
 
he was passed through the ranks because of his name i dont
 
respect people because of that i respect people who went out and
 
earned it like obama did with his schooling
 
now i respect what mccain went through as a pow i wouldnt want
 
to imagine what it was like whether you believe the complete
 
horror stories or the not so bad horror stories depending on which
 
person is talking about his pow days- either way i respect what
 
he went through but again he got to where he was in his military
 
history mostly on his last name and not what he actually
 
accomplished
 
now as for his political history i had alot of respect for mccain
 
up until 2000 and after that he decided to sell his soul to the
 
devil and i lost all respect i had for this man at that point
 
the straight shooting candidate was probably true back in 2000
 
but that is not the case anymore now he is almost as bad as the
 
criminal we have in the white house right now
quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 49638
Location: United States
#19
Posted: 7/2/2008 5:37:40 PM
okie dokie..

My position is that both of these guys are terrible, both have PLENTY of issues in which I disagree, neither are in a top 10 for me personally.

SO now we have to figure out why I choose one over the other.

I choose McCain because he has more experience as a politician, he is more conservative and will not stray drastically far from where we are now. He has experience in congress, is different enough from Bush that I dont think he will pursue Iraq the same way, yet he wont flush the whole thing and let it turn into an even worse situation.

He wont bump the SS ceiling, he wont screw around with the tax brackets as much, and frankly I trust McCain more than Obama.

Obama rubs me as a person with no real experience, no plan below a superficial paragraph on important issues and for the next four years we need a person more like McCain than a guy like Obama.

The next four years are going to be brutal, and I feel better knowing a person is in office who has seen some brutal times and has the experience to make the better choices and "rock the boat" less.

Four years ago I might feel differently if Obama was in the same position experience wise and running then.
quote
abaum87 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
abaum87
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 535
Location: Vatican City
#20
Posted: 7/2/2008 5:42:09 PM
MTA, your argument above is understandable.  I agree that Bush has done a great disservice to our country.  We can blame Bush and call him all the names we want but the bottom line is he isn't running for President in 2008.  I know you'll rebutt by referencing the "Bush-McCain" presidency but that's non-sense. 
 
If we're going to have an honest dialogue then you'd have to admit that Obama is only possible because of Bush.  You don't really believe taxing oil companies will lower gas prices do you?  It sounds nice.  It gives the average Joe the illusion that someones fighting for them but thats all it is, an illusion.  4 dollar gas was inevitable, the UK has been paying it for years now.
 
Hitler was possible in Germany because of terrible economic times.  People flocked to someone that offered a way out of these terrrible times but at what cost?
 
I'm not comparing Obama to Hitler but I am comparing the circumstances and tactics regarding the way Obama plays off peoples vulnerablities.  I feel an Obama Presidency would be a great failure becuase his ideas simply fly in the face of American idelas and values.
 
Moving from one extreme to another will not solve our problems.  It would only compound them.           
quote
mta6 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mta6
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1649
Location:
#21
Posted: 7/2/2008 5:46:17 PM
sorry wall i cant trust a man who has sold his soul to the devil as
 
much as mccain has since 2000
 
you never know one day from the next which policy he is going
 
to flip on again
 
 
but the most important reason like i have said for the time i have
 
been here is that 4 years of mccain will guarantee no chance of
 
the gop revamping themselves- at least hopefully with a complete
 
and utter loss this time around we may see the necessary
 
changes and the proper candidate 4 years from now to turn
 
this ship in the right direction
 
 
these next 4 years under either of these candidates is going to
 
do nothing but put us further behind but again at least i will be
 
happy to see us out of iraq and more resources being put back
 
into the area that caused 911 afghanistan/pakistan
 
and i also like the fact that obama realizes we have no other
 
alternative than to not only talk to our friends but our enemies as
 
well- i have offered up proposals many times on what solutions do
 
we have for our enemies and not once has anybody bothered to
 
post what other options do we have so lets try it again
 
continue to do nothing and further strengthen our enemies like we
 
have seen with iran in the past 8 years
 
go to war with all of them even though we are thin thin thin right
 
now militarily not only with people but equipment
 
or develop alliances with other countries who could start a
 
dialogue with our enemies
 
or the fourth option is we go completely bankrupt borrowing to
 
buy more military equipment and we go back to a draft and every
 
able bodied american joins in a war in one of the many countries
 
we will be fighting in
 
those are the 4 options i see anybody have an alternative to these?
quote
ApacheM send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ApacheM
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 14473
Location: Texas
#22
Posted: 7/2/2008 5:46:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mta6:

wallstreet it is pretty hard to tell the american people that one of
 
the biggest reasons you are more prepared is because of military
 
service but the biggest reason why you were in a plane that got
 
shot down and ended up being a pow is because your family pulled
 
strings to get you in that seat to begin with and without them he
 
would of probably been asking people "do you want fries with that
 
order" instead of sitting in the hanoi hilton
 
 
it seems to me that the pro mccain people want it both ways
 
who cares that he shouldnt of been in that plane to begin with
 
 

 Well, he didn't go to Canada to escape the draft,

and Kerry is an absolute Butt hole as far as America's fighting

men and women and all Vets are concerned. I can not even

imagine what he went thru as a POW. Obama, was probably

not even in the Boy Scouts. You kids refering to the Hanoi

Hilton have NO IDEA what Nam was like.

quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 49638
Location: United States
#23
Posted: 7/2/2008 5:50:39 PM
mta,

If you think the next president will raise taxes, revamp government and try to treat Iraq like it is some military weekend camp then I would suggest selling all real estate, start renting and exit all financial positions.

If whomever wins the election tries to REVAMP anything, it will destroy the economy and the stock market and real estate market.

We are in the middle of heart surgery and you want someone to come in and try to fix a brain tumor and ignore the heart surgery?

Again..I dont like EITHER person, but any moderate to extreme move away from where we currently sit could be disasterous.

Even though McCain has plenty of faults and errrrrssss I choose him over the pulpit pounder with questionable ideas, connections and no experience.
quote
mta6 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mta6
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1649
Location:
#24
Posted: 7/2/2008 5:52:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by abaum87:

MTA, your argument above is understandable.  I agree that Bush has done a great disservice to our country.  We can blame Bush and call him all the names we want but the bottom line is he isn't running for President in 2008.  I know you'll rebutt by referencing the "Bush-McCain" presidency but that's non-sense. 
 
If we're going to have an honest dialogue then you'd have to admit that Obama is only possible because of Bush.  You don't really believe taxing oil companies will lower gas prices do you?  It sounds nice.  It gives the average Joe the illusion that someones fighting for them but thats all it is, an illusion.  4 dollar gas was inevitable, the UK has been paying it for years now.
 
Hitler was possible in Germany because of terrible economic times.  People flocked to someone that offered a way out of these terrrible times but at what cost?
 
I'm not comparing Obama to Hitler but I am comparing the circumstances and tactics regarding the way Obama plays off peoples vulnerablities.  I feel an Obama Presidency would be a great failure becuase his ideas simply fly in the face of American idelas and values.
 
Moving from one extreme to another will not solve our problems.  It would only compound them.           

 

i have said numerous times neither candidate this go around is

the answer to our problems but change will hopefully come from

obama being elected with hopefully the gop kicking themselves in

the head and revamping their ideals and message- this way

hopefully 4 years from now we may actually have the real change

that is needed for us to go forward

 

i do know that both of these candidates will not move us forward

and will put us further in the hole but again a mccain win just

delays the real change that we need to see from the republicans

and 4 years from now we are talking the same crap all over again

only difference will be then instead of it being mccain/obama

it will president mccain/clinton

 

as for obama he is where he is more for who he is- he energizes

people he gets people excited he is a great salesperson

his victory in the democratic primary was not because of the hate

for bush it was for the positives people see in obama- again a year

ago at this time he was an afterthought hillary was the nominee in

waiting by all the media pundits and it was a done deal just a

formality and he went from being an afterthought to the outright

democratic nominee and that was because of him and not for the

hatred of bush- i will give him his credit on this

quote
abaum87 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
abaum87
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 535
Location: Vatican City
#25
Posted: 7/2/2008 5:56:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mta6:

sorry wall i cant trust a man who has sold his soul to the devil as
 
much as mccain has since 2000
 
you never know one day from the next which policy he is going
 
to flip on again
 
 
but the most important reason like i have said for the time i have
 
been here is that 4 years of mccain will guarantee no chance of
 
the gop revamping themselves- at least hopefully with a complete
 
and utter loss this time around we may see the necessary
 
changes and the proper candidate 4 years from now to turn
 
this ship in the right direction
 
 
these next 4 years under either of these candidates is going to
 
do nothing but put us further behind but again at least i will be
 
happy to see us out of iraq and more resources being put back
 
into the area that caused 911 afghanistan/pakistan
 
and i also like the fact that obama realizes we have no other
 
alternative than to not only talk to our friends but our enemies as
 
well- i have offered up proposals many times on what solutions do
 
we have for our enemies and not once has anybody bothered to
 
post what other options do we have so lets try it again
 
continue to do nothing and further strengthen our enemies like we
 
have seen with iran in the past 8 years
 
go to war with all of them even though we are thin thin thin right
 
now militarily not only with people but equipment
 
or develop alliances with other countries who could start a
 
dialogue with our enemies
 
or the fourth option is we go completely bankrupt borrowing to
 
buy more military equipment and we go back to a draft and every
 
able bodied american joins in a war in one of the many countries
 
we will be fighting in
 
those are the 4 options i see anybody have an alternative to these?

Are you really calling McCain a flip flopper.  This is a foolish tactic by Dems that won't work and prob. will get thrown back in your face.

I think it was just yesterday that Obama was placating evangelicals when he spoke in his usual lofty terms about extending, do i dare say it, the BUSH faith based initiatives.

And you wanna talk about selling your soul to get elected.   

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.