New Orleans at New York (12/09/2012)

Forum: Pro Football Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Pro Football] Topic: New Orleans at New York (12/09/2012)
Covers PM Covers
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 61
 
Covers
Participation Meter
Covers Referee
Posted: 12/4/2012 1:03:26 AM

Away:  New Orleans [6-6 ATS]
Home:  N.Y. Giants [5-6-1 ATS]

Game Time: 4:25 PM
Stadium: MetLife Stadium

Recent Meetings:
N/A

Team Leaders:

New Orleans:
Passing: Drew Brees (3674)
Rushing: Pierre Thomas (425)
Receiving: Marques Colston (828)

N.Y. Giants:
Passing: Eli Manning (3170)
Rushing: Ahmad Bradshaw (836)
Receiving: Victor Cruz (883)

More:
Live Odds
In-Depth Matchup Information
Consensus Betting Information

degengambler34 PM degengambler34
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3661
 
degengambler34
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/4/2012 1:58:26 AM
Oddsmakers still think new orleans is a decent team apparently. Giants by 4 td's in this laugher. Saints can't stop a nosebleed which means brees will be playing from behind and unlike what we saw on monday night this means the giants pass rushers will play a big role. 
Sammy_Ace PM Sammy_Ace
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 296
 
Sammy_Ace
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/4/2012 1:24:28 PM

I hate to go against my Gmen. But I will have to respectfully disagree with my fellow degenerate gambler above. Oddsmakers are probably factoring in the last few times these teams played. The Giants have had some of the most embarassing losses I've ever seen when squaring off against Drew Brees.

In the last match up, which was a Monday Night game at the SuperDome in week 12 of last year, Drew Brees went absolutely nuts, going 24/38 for 363 yards and 4 TDs (no INTs). The Giants were able to put up points in the game, but the final score was 49-24. In that game, the Giant's incredible "pass rush" was non existant and held in check all day by the Saints offensive line, as they were held to no sacks. The Saints also dominated the line of scrimmage and ran for over 200 yards! Sproles, Ingram, and Pierre Thomas had a field day on the Gmen.    

The last time these guys played prior to that Monday Night game was in week 6 of 2009. The Saints also won that game with a final score of 48-27. Drew Brees was equally dominant in this one as well, going 23/30 for 369 yards and 4 TDs (also with no INTs). The Giants were also held without a sack in that game.  

Lets just say Drew Brees is sort of a Giant-slayer. In his last two games against the Giants, he's completing 69% of his passes, thrown for over 700 yards, and has 8 TDs with no interceptions (and 1 rushing TD as well).  I look for him to avenge his horrible outing in Atlanta last week and put up big numbers against a Giant defense that just got gashed by the Skins. I have little doubt that Drew Brees has had this game circled on his calendar.

Keep in mind the Saints haven't played since Thursday night and will have the luxury of having 4 extra days to prepare, as the Giants just played on Monday night! Thats almost the equivalent of a bye week. And believe me, those days really matter at this stage in the season. Just look at how the teams that played on Thanksgiving did the following week.  Texans, Cowboys, Redskins, Jets, and Pats all won SU. Lions were the only exception and lost in the final seconds to the Colts.

Believe me, the Giants could definitely use the extra time for their offensive line, which lost key veteran Sean Locklear on Monday night. Kenny Boothe also missed time during the game due to an injury, and David Diehl hasn't been healthy all year. He probably played on Monday because they had no one else that knew the offense well enough to play. 

Add to the fact that the Giants have historically played bad at home, and you have a recipe for a close game, or possibly straight up loss for the Giants (It really pains me to say that).

Don't get me wrong, the Giants will definitely put up points on the Saints defense, but I can't see how I could endorse laying 5.5 on the Gmen in this spot.

 I hope im wrong & good luck

 

   

bIGbLuephantom PM bIGbLuephantom
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 23
 
bIGbLuephantom
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/4/2012 5:40:54 PM
It's so refreshing to see another unbiased Gmen post. I'm getting smashed for going against my boyz. I keep telling people, though I love the Gmen - I LOVE MY MONEY MORE.

I only bet them as road dogs for the most part. It seems that Eli plays much better on the road than he does at home. Maybe too many distractions [family & friends asking for game tickets]. In those previous matchups though NO defense was much better and their offense was much more explosive [if that's possible].

With the extra few days of rest and the Gmen weak secondary, I can't see them blasting the Saints. But then again, every time you get too down on them THEY HAVE A GAME LIKE THEY HAD AGAINST SF & GB.

I'd stay away from this game since Bree has thrown some costly INT's this year and if Gmen can get a hold of one or two, it may force NO to be one dimensional and that's when NYG would UNLEASH THE HOUNDS.
Junoblu PM Junoblu
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 143
 
Junoblu
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/4/2012 9:56:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Sammy_Ace:

I hate to go against my Gmen. But I will have to respectfully disagree with my fellow degenerate gambler above. Oddsmakers are probably factoring in the last few times these teams played. The Giants have had some of the most embarassing losses I've ever seen when squaring off against Drew Brees.

In the last match up, which was a Monday Night game at the SuperDome in week 12 of last year, Drew Brees went absolutely nuts, going 24/38 for 363 yards and 4 TDs (no INTs). The Giants were able to put up points in the game, but the final score was 49-24. In that game, the Giant's incredible "pass rush" was non existant and held in check all day by the Saints offensive line, as they were held to no sacks. The Saints also dominated the line of scrimmage and ran for over 200 yards! Sproles, Ingram, and Pierre Thomas had a field day on the Gmen.    

The last time these guys played prior to that Monday Night game was in week 6 of 2009. The Saints also won that game with a final score of 48-27. Drew Brees was equally dominant in this one as well, going 23/30 for 369 yards and 4 TDs (also with no INTs). The Giants were also held without a sack in that game.  

Lets just say Drew Brees is sort of a Giant-slayer. In his last two games against the Giants, he's completing 69% of his passes, thrown for over 700 yards, and has 8 TDs with no interceptions (and 1 rushing TD as well).  I look for him to avenge his horrible outing in Atlanta last week and put up big numbers against a Giant defense that just got gashed by the Skins. I have little doubt that Drew Brees has had this game circled on his calendar.

Keep in mind the Saints haven't played since Thursday night and will have the luxury of having 4 extra days to prepare, as the Giants just played on Monday night! Thats almost the equivalent of a bye week. And believe me, those days really matter at this stage in the season. Just look at how the teams that played on Thanksgiving did the following week.  Texans, Cowboys, Redskins, Jets, and Pats all won SU. Lions were the only exception and lost in the final seconds to the Colts.

Believe me, the Giants could definitely use the extra time for their offensive line, which lost key veteran Sean Locklear on Monday night. Kenny Boothe also missed time during the game due to an injury, and David Diehl hasn't been healthy all year. He probably played on Monday because they had no one else that knew the offense well enough to play. 

Add to the fact that the Giants have historically played bad at home, and you have a recipe for a close game, or possibly straight up loss for the Giants (It really pains me to say that).

Don't get me wrong, the Giants will definitely put up points on the Saints defense, but I can't see how I could endorse laying 5.5 on the Gmen in this spot.

 I hope im wrong & good luck

 

   

vue21849 PM vue21849
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4067
 
vue21849
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/4/2012 10:16:09 PM

    Reason : database Comment:  Damn it- this the 2nd time I find myself on the same selection as Sammy_ Ace.  Better take the database in for an overhaul! 

NEW ORLEANS  + 5

Over 53

citysnow PM citysnow
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 369
 
citysnow
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/4/2012 10:57:59 PM
over big NO  gets the cover
ethannoor PM ethannoor
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 38
 
ethannoor
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/5/2012 11:31:26 AM
I love the giants die hard fan, but saints at +5 is just to good to good to pass up.
Sammy_Ace PM Sammy_Ace
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 296
 
Sammy_Ace
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/5/2012 12:53:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vue21849:

    Reason : database Comment:  Damn it- this the 2nd time I find myself on the same selection as Sammy_ Ace.  Better take the database in for an overhaul! 

NEW ORLEANS  + 5

Over 53

Lol, I think you would have better luck staying on the same side as me. You were on the opposite side of me last week with the Saints, Pats, and Bears.  Look how that played out for you. There is no database that could substitute for hard work and dedication.

I hope my Gmen win & good luck! Your database is probably due for a bounce after last weeks picks 

Jersey_Pride PM Jersey_Pride
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 8
 
Jersey_Pride
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/6/2012 12:21:50 AM
As pointed put by Sammy Ace, the Giants have been throttled by the Saints in there last two meetings, albeit they were in the superdome. Now the Giants finally get them up here in East Rutherford. I had this game circled when the schedule came out, thinking that the Giants would love to get revenge. They were utterly destroyed and embarrased by that game last year. Brees hasn't looked good the past few weeks either.

With that being said, the Giants are what they are...a 9-7 team. Not sure if they win this game as they're still not in 'must win' territory. As I look at there remaining schedule, I see them beating the Ravens and Eagles. Lean Saints.




99Kings PM 99Kings
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 22
 
99Kings
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/6/2012 3:28:29 AM
Drew Brees throws too much
nyg win
powerplayer063 PM powerplayer063
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 227
 
powerplayer063
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/6/2012 9:42:21 AM
There was a reason Drew Brees threw 5 int's last week and it was not because of a bad bounce or two. Brees was being chased all over the field. The loss of your starting LT will do that. I hate the Giants but they will beat the Saints. I could care less what computers and ATS nonsense says. Football is about matchups. Brees will be under duress the entire game just like he was in ATL. That was not an aberration last week. This is a very poor matchup for the Saints right now. Bet the Gmen at your own peril
betipickem PM betipickem
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 212
 
betipickem
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/6/2012 9:57:30 AM

Giants came off a loss due to a missed field goal in the second quarter i think. The saints have thrashed the giants the 4 out of the last 5 games, But its in new york on sunday.

Giants 27

saints 26

degengambler34 PM degengambler34
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3661
 
degengambler34
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/6/2012 10:09:48 AM
Im glad you guys are all on new orleans honestly. I've watched three of their games, this team can't stop anyone, and really can't protect brees at all. They struggle mightily and bringing up points about their last games vs. the saints is just dumb, this is not the same saints team as last year not even close. Giants -5 is an absolute gift, this saints team is not good at all and you'll see that sunday. 
degengambler34 PM degengambler34
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3661
 
degengambler34
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/6/2012 10:15:44 AM
Also remember that they had sean payton last year. If you don't think that matters you haven't watched the very vanilla play calling this year. I truly believe this line should be at least 7 so i am taking the giants in what i see as a gift. The giants have a good defense with pass rushers vs. a very beat up new orleans o line. The giants will run the ball at will vs. this absolutely despicable new orleans run defense. Eli will have a field day in this one at home. 
dustyvaultz PM dustyvaultz
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 927
 
dustyvaultz
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/6/2012 12:35:47 PM
NYG
Posted using a mobile device.
Sammy_Ace PM Sammy_Ace
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 296
 
Sammy_Ace
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/6/2012 1:31:22 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by degengambler34:

Also remember that they had sean payton last year. If you don't think that matters you haven't watched the very vanilla play calling this year. I truly believe this line should be at least 7 so i am taking the giants in what i see as a gift. The giants have a good defense with pass rushers vs. a very beat up new orleans o line. The giants will run the ball at will vs. this absolutely despicable new orleans run defense. Eli will have a field day in this one at home. 

I hope your right bro!!

My one concern is the health of the Giant offensive line, especially given the short week, and their run defense. Believe it or not, the Saints have looked pretty solid running the ball with that 3-headed attack of Ivory, Ingram, and Thomas.  Saints have so many weapons too in Sproles, Graham, Colston, and Lance Moore. The Giants would definitely benefit from so really cold and windy weather to slow down that passing attack.  

 

best_bets PM best_bets
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6284
 
best_bets
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/7/2012 5:09:04 AM

Please remember that the Giants seem to play better in the month of December. The G-men have a pretty smart, proven coaching staff as well. The organization is still strong and they are a very good overall product on the field. Please do not forget the heart of a champion. 

On the other side of the coin, the Saints organization is falling apart at the seems from upper management to coaching to the players. This is not the proud organization of the recent past. They are a shambles. They have almost no O-line and a swiss cheese D. I believe the G-Men are going to have a field day against the Saints. Giants for the Large BOL

best_bets PM best_bets
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6284
 
best_bets
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/7/2012 5:12:53 AM
sorry bout the typo......should read.....falling apart at the seams
best_bets PM best_bets
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6284
 
best_bets
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/7/2012 5:18:16 AM
You could not pay me enough money to bet on NO this weekend. I'm sure my book wishes I would.
best_bets PM best_bets
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6284
 
best_bets
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/7/2012 5:23:16 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Sammy_Ace:

I hate to go against my Gmen. But I will have to respectfully disagree with my fellow degenerate gambler above. Oddsmakers are probably factoring in the last few times these teams played. The Giants have had some of the most embarassing losses I've ever seen when squaring off against Drew Brees.

In the last match up, which was a Monday Night game at the SuperDome in week 12 of last year, Drew Brees went absolutely nuts, going 24/38 for 363 yards and 4 TDs (no INTs). The Giants were able to put up points in the game, but the final score was 49-24. In that game, the Giant's incredible "pass rush" was non existant and held in check all day by the Saints offensive line, as they were held to no sacks. The Saints also dominated the line of scrimmage and ran for over 200 yards! Sproles, Ingram, and Pierre Thomas had a field day on the Gmen.    

The last time these guys played prior to that Monday Night game was in week 6 of 2009. The Saints also won that game with a final score of 48-27. Drew Brees was equally dominant in this one as well, going 23/30 for 369 yards and 4 TDs (also with no INTs). The Giants were also held without a sack in that game.  

Lets just say Drew Brees is sort of a Giant-slayer. In his last two games against the Giants, he's completing 69% of his passes, thrown for over 700 yards, and has 8 TDs with no interceptions (and 1 rushing TD as well).  I look for him to avenge his horrible outing in Atlanta last week and put up big numbers against a Giant defense that just got gashed by the Skins. I have little doubt that Drew Brees has had this game circled on his calendar.

Keep in mind the Saints haven't played since Thursday night and will have the luxury of having 4 extra days to prepare, as the Giants just played on Monday night! Thats almost the equivalent of a bye week. And believe me, those days really matter at this stage in the season. Just look at how the teams that played on Thanksgiving did the following week.  Texans, Cowboys, Redskins, Jets, and Pats all won SU. Lions were the only exception and lost in the final seconds to the Colts.

Believe me, the Giants could definitely use the extra time for their offensive line, which lost key veteran Sean Locklear on Monday night. Kenny Boothe also missed time during the game due to an injury, and David Diehl hasn't been healthy all year. He probably played on Monday because they had no one else that knew the offense well enough to play. 

Add to the fact that the Giants have historically played bad at home, and you have a recipe for a close game, or possibly straight up loss for the Giants (It really pains me to say that).

Don't get me wrong, the Giants will definitely put up points on the Saints defense, but I can't see how I could endorse laying 5.5 on the Gmen in this spot.

 I hope im wrong & good luck

 

   

DO NOT disagree with the degengambler. He speaks the truth.
Spytheweb PM Spytheweb
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 906
 
Spytheweb
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/7/2012 7:19:31 AM
From week to week i don't know what to expect from the NYGs. They could win 38 to 10 or lose 38 to 10. Time is getting short and they have placed themselves into a corner. NO is going to pass 60 times, the good thing is this is a outdoor game and if the NYGs can get a rush going, expect a few turnovers. The Saints are like Dallas, not very good, they just have hype riding with them. Mid 40's, maybe rain. Not exactly dome weather.

I'am a Giants fan and can't see why the NYGs can't win by a FG. Covering, that's another matter.
VEGASRKNZ PM VEGASRKNZ
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 86
 
VEGASRKNZ
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/7/2012 11:06:18 AM
Saints +10 
on 
Ties win Teaser
Fazool PM Fazool
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 277
 
Fazool
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/7/2012 3:01:20 PM
[Quote: Originally Posted by Sammy_Ace]

 I hope im wrong & good luck


 I do to!

O line definately concerns me, Diehl has sucked just about all year but i see the Giants running a lot in this one which plays into Diehl's strengths and that's his run blocking ability. I see the Giants cotrolling the clock much like they did against WAS on Monday night. Brees can't hurt them if he's not on the field. 

Giants have gone over the total only twice in their last ten. 53 seems to high for the way each team is playing right now which is why i like the under.

GL and GO GIANTS!!

   


mellowman7883 PM mellowman7883
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 743
 
mellowman7883
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/7/2012 7:41:43 PM

No way would I bet the Saints on this and not liking the G men lately until they show me something. Avoiding this game. I'm making more money on this one on one fantasy site anyways, just have to beat one player rather than the market. Check it out-

http://www.fanduel.com/?invitedby=mellowman2112&cnl=da

Forum: Pro Football Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.