Indianapolis at Detroit (12/02/2012)

Forum: Pro Football Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Pro Football] Topic: Indianapolis at Detroit (12/02/2012)
Covers PM Covers
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 61
Ireland
 
Covers
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/27/2012 1:53:14 AM

Away:  Indianapolis [7-4 ATS]
Home:  Detroit [5-6 ATS]

Game Time: 1:00 PM
Stadium: Ford Field

Recent Meetings:
N/A

Team Leaders:

Indianapolis:
Passing: Andrew Luck (3205)
Rushing: Vick Ballard (427)
Receiving: Reggie Wayne (1105)

Detroit:
Passing: Matthew Stafford (3429)
Rushing: Mikel Leshoure (534)
Receiving: Calvin Johnson (1257)

More:
Live Odds
In-Depth Matchup Information
Consensus Betting Information

Leprofit PM Leprofit
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
 
Leprofit
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/27/2012 8:06:44 PM
Wow 4-7 against 7-4 and still 4.5 favs...C'MON MAN
Coloneljim PM Coloneljim
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13318
 
Coloneljim
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/27/2012 9:15:29 PM

Sounds crazy doesn't it?  I'm suckered in.

Detroit - 27                                Indianapolis - 23

Colts +4.5                               under 51

It's usually wise to fade the Colts when they are playing a .400< opponent.  Today could be a different story, the Lions seem rattled and the Colts just might be catching them at the right time. Hot seat for Schwartz if they losed this one su.

Colts - Under

AngusY PM AngusY
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 159
Michigan
 
AngusY
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/28/2012 4:55:32 AM
"Lions seem rattled..."   WHY?  Because they got screwed on Thanksgiving Day by the refs and there dumb behind coach.

Lions are putting up good numbers.  Should've beaten an undefeated team by 7 last week.  Barely lost to G.B 5 days before. Intercepted both qb's.

The line reflects this...I'll take my Lions on this one.
AngusY PM AngusY
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 159
Michigan
 
AngusY
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/28/2012 4:57:36 AM
They're pissed off right about now.
AngusY PM AngusY
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 159
Michigan
 
AngusY
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/28/2012 5:09:44 AM
Lions will be up by 10 with 1:30 left to play, only to let Indy come down one last time and score a TD because they're so happy that they're going to win again.  Lions win the game, but don't cover the spread.

That's my luck!
SITERBUN PM SITERBUN
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 37
 
SITERBUN
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/28/2012 1:39:00 PM
This gonna be good game. Colt have no run game, so Lion D-Line need pressure Andrew Ruck into make rookie mistake. Only problem is, Ruck play like NFL experience player even back at Stanford. He no gonna make to many mistake. He even play better than Stafford is right now. Stafford no get enough pass protection. Colt gonna get at least one interception.

Detroit on downward spiral like large lobster shape dump Bun take this morning. They lose three a row. Make it four.

Final Outcome of Grame

Indianaporis Cort    Detloit Rion
         34                         31
Sammy_Ace PM Sammy_Ace
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 296
New York
 
Sammy_Ace
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/28/2012 6:26:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Leprofit:

Wow 4-7 against 7-4 and still 4.5 favs...C'MON MAN

That is a good point. Why should a 4-7 team be laying 4.5 points against a 7-4 team?

I think thats because the Lions have been major underachievers this year, and the Colts have been quite the opposite. I am not sure where the public will be in this matchup, but I would guess they would back the underdog Colts. The playoff bound Colts have to be one of the league's most uplifting stories this season, and its hard to root against them. But I like the Lions in this situation for a couple simple reasons.

First, I love that the Colts are playing for Coach Pagano, and I think Andrew Luck is a really special talent. I think when the story is written, he will have one of those legendary careers. But I always try to remind people that he is still a rookie thats playing on a team that was 1-15 last season. What he has already accomplished is truly remarkable. Especially when you consider that even the great Peyton Manning was 3-13 as a rookie starter. 

One of the trends I've noticed is that this team struggles on the road. Lets take a look at how the Colts and Luck have fared on the road this season:

Wk 1 Lost to CHI 21-41; 23/45, 309 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT

Wk 6 Lost to NYJ 9-35; 22/44, 280 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT

Wk 8 Win over TEN 19-13; 26/38 297 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

Wk 10 Win over JAX 27-10; 18/26, 227 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT

Wk 11 Lost to PATS 59-24; 27/50, 334 yds, 2 TD, 3 INT

So on the road, Luck is completing 57% of his passes and has thrown 4 TDs and 10 INTs. The young talent has thrown atleast 1 interception in every road game this year. And if you notice, their two wins have come against some of the bottom feeders of the AFC in the Titans and Jags (pre-Henne). 

The Colts also sport the 19th ranked defense in the league and will try to contain a very hungry and desperate Detroit team that has lost their last 3 games, 2 of them being at home against the Pack and Texans. And for anyone that watched those last 2, knows Detroit had both those games won. I expect an angry and well rested team (they played on Turkey day) to take care of business and finally give the Detroit faithful a drama free win at Ford Field this Sunday. Especially after losing 2 consecutive home games. It's not too often an NFL team drops 3 consecutive home games (especially a team with a potent offense like Detroit). 

I also can't help but notice Stafford's career numbers vs the AFC.  In the last 3 seasons, Stafford has played an AFC opponent 8 times, and in those games he has a QBR of 98.8, completing 63% of his passes, throwing for an average of 315 yards a game, and has 19 TDs with only 1 INT!! That is really freaking impressive. I don't think he will be outdone by the young rookie this Sunday, who is still figuring out how to win on the road. 

DETROIT in a comfortable win.

dooom PM dooom
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 601
Quebec
 
dooom
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/29/2012 12:38:26 AM
Colts +4.5 ...Lions left it all on the field last week ..Detroit could still be feeling a lil fatigued and sore after that overtime loss at home

OVER 51

Colts are 4-0 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.
Over is 5-0 in Lions last 5 games after accumulating more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
XSixburghX PM XSixburghX
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 91
Nevada
 
XSixburghX
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/30/2012 7:58:48 AM
Sammy hit the nail on the head. Although Indy has been a great story this year, the bulk of their success came at home, while on the road they have struggled mightily without the Colts fans cheering them on.

The Lions (despite the losing streak) are gradually playing better. They've had a week and a half to rest and prepare for the Colts. Stafford and Megatron are regaining that groove they had last year. Give me the Lions and the under. 

Colts 17
Lions 27
joedaddy76 PM joedaddy76
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 360
Nevada
 
joedaddy76
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/30/2012 1:48:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Sammy_Ace:

That is a good point. Why should a 4-7 team be laying 4.5 points against a 7-4 team?

I think thats because the Lions have been major underachievers this year, and the Colts have been quite the opposite. I am not sure where the public will be in this matchup, but I would guess they would back the underdog Colts. The playoff bound Colts have to be one of the league's most uplifting stories this season, and its hard to root against them. But I like the Lions in this situation for a couple simple reasons.

First, I love that the Colts are playing for Coach Pagano, and I think Andrew Luck is a really special talent. I think when the story is written, he will have one of those legendary careers. But I always try to remind people that he is still a rookie thats playing on a team that was 1-15 last season. What he has already accomplished is truly remarkable. Especially when you consider that even the great Peyton Manning was 3-13 as a rookie starter. 

One of the trends I've noticed is that this team struggles on the road. Lets take a look at how the Colts and Luck have fared on the road this season:

Wk 1 Lost to CHI 21-41; 23/45, 309 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT

Wk 6 Lost to NYJ 9-35; 22/44, 280 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT

Wk 8 Win over TEN 19-13; 26/38 297 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

Wk 10 Win over JAX 27-10; 18/26, 227 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT

Wk 11 Lost to PATS 59-24; 27/50, 334 yds, 2 TD, 3 INT

So on the road, Luck is completing 57% of his passes and has thrown 4 TDs and 10 INTs. The young talent has thrown atleast 1 interception in every road game this year. And if you notice, their two wins have come against some of the bottom feeders of the AFC in the Titans and Jags (pre-Henne). 

The Colts also sport the 19th ranked defense in the league and will try to contain a very hungry and desperate Detroit team that has lost their last 3 games, 2 of them being at home against the Pack and Texans. And for anyone that watched those last 2, knows Detroit had both those games won. I expect an angry and well rested team (they played on Turkey day) to take care of business and finally give the Detroit faithful a drama free win at Ford Field this Sunday. Especially after losing 2 consecutive home games. It's not too often an NFL team drops 3 consecutive home games (especially a team with a potent offense like Detroit). 

I also can't help but notice Stafford's career numbers vs the AFC.  In the last 3 seasons, Stafford has played an AFC opponent 8 times, and in those games he has a QBR of 98.8, completing 63% of his passes, throwing for an average of 315 yards a game, and has 19 TDs with only 1 INT!! That is really freaking impressive. I don't think he will be outdone by the young rookie this Sunday, who is still figuring out how to win on the road. 

DETROIT in a comfortable win.

Brilliant write up.  Sammy makes it so I don't have to type up so much reasons for my pick, haha.  I don't even look at a team's record in a game where 2 teams know nothing about each other.  I simply go with what I know.  And what I know is exactly what Sammy has pointed out:  Colts suck on the road.  I will never forget the way they performed in New Jersey while Jets made them look like a bunch of scrubs.  Lions are well-rested and have a potent offense that should be able to rack up a bunch of points against this Colts defense.

Take Lions -5

Junoblu PM Junoblu
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 131
Minnesota
 
Junoblu
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/30/2012 2:42:07 PM
Going with Sammy....Detroit lions
madisonmike PM madisonmike
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 455
Wisconsin
 
madisonmike
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/30/2012 6:22:29 PM
Over
TheQuadYeah PM TheQuadYeah
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1827
 
TheQuadYeah
Participation Meter
Posted: 11/30/2012 10:51:26 PM

Matchups, matchups, matchups............

Colts sub-par pass "D" will get exploited by this #1 ranked passing attack. As long as Stafford keeps to his game plan, they should be all right.

Sharps got it right

Loins - 4.5

VEGASRKNZ PM VEGASRKNZ
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 86
Nevada
 
VEGASRKNZ
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/1/2012 2:34:11 AM
Lions -4.5
phat1pc PM phat1pc
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 113
 
phat1pc
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/1/2012 5:53:50 PM
like the lions here.. they arent gonna lose 4 games in a row.  now i know the colts are a decent team and everyone expecting them to play this close but for some reason i think the lions cover this one.. i got it at 4.5 i think the lions win 24-17
0ahuGrown PM 0ahuGrown
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 426
Hawaii
 
0ahuGrown
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/1/2012 6:52:58 PM
Detroit 
mgmprofits PM mgmprofits
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 6659
United States
 
mgmprofits
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:14:03 AM
Lions are Terrible...But they should win here...

However, since the Lions look like a high school team....No Play!
oahuboy808 PM oahuboy808
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 4801
Hawaii
 
oahuboy808
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/2/2012 2:50:22 AM
Absolutely love the Lions in this spot.. Gotta believe the public will be all over the Colts here.. A couple more days rest and a pissed off Lions team is good for a cover here
Posted using a mobile device.
Chiefan34 PM Chiefan34
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 261
Nevada
 
Chiefan34
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/2/2012 3:51:02 AM

You've got me convinced Sammy, nice info.....

Lions -4.5

SIMADMAN PM SIMADMAN
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 554
Illinois
 
SIMADMAN
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/2/2012 4:01:21 AM

Im with Sammy, Indy & especially Luck on the road so so. However. the line has jumped to Det-6 as long as it stays below 7 I'm on Det.

BOL!!!

rukiddingme PM rukiddingme
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 106
Ohio
 
rukiddingme
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/2/2012 9:32:45 AM
Give me Indy and the points.  Detroit always disappoints
easypics PM easypics
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2635
Christmas
              Islands
 
easypics
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/2/2012 9:58:46 AM

     Better than the record indicate$

Playing to last year's level , Lions will take it to Colts by +7 
via Jets- Pats Blueprint via Mad Bombing Stouffer n' RB Leshoure rising stock , via 4 TD 's last 4  keeping porous Colts D guessing all the way.
No secret ,Little Luck on the road with Andy's 10 INTS,however indoor dog track may suit Colts QB to less gaffes. 
Perhaps more alarming than QB's road rating , was inexplicable Colts O struggle vs Bills Worst rated NFL D.
Wrong place,wrong time with Divisional Titans on Indy's home deck,Lion maul should be in order.
IMO,  $ituational play applies where even better non divisional teams such as Frisco,Ravens,Giants would likely get clobbered as well .
Lions-Pack win big today ,high gearing it to Huge Lion Cheese showdown next week.

LIONS 38 COLTS 19
 BOLA
Fingers Cro$$ed  + Play  LIONS bet. 19 - 24 pts @ 14 - 1



derbydavid PM derbydavid
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 89
Massachusetts
 
derbydavid
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/2/2012 11:47:07 AM

Detroit on a 3 game skid and indi playing close to home. Like SF I'm going with the hot hand...no way indi lays down for a full TD spread here? What am I missing just because Luck is rocky away?

Indi +7

RedStick PM RedStick
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 750
Louisiana
 
RedStick
Participation Meter
Posted: 12/2/2012 11:57:56 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SITERBUN:

This gonna be good game. Colt have no run game, so Lion D-Line need pressure Andrew Ruck into make rookie mistake. Only problem is, Ruck play like NFL experience player even back at Stanford. He no gonna make to many mistake. He even play better than Stafford is right now. Stafford no get enough pass protection. Colt gonna get at least one interception.

Detroit on downward spiral like large lobster shape dump Bun take this morning. They lose three a row. Make it four.

Final Outcome of Grame

Indianaporis Cort    Detloit Rion
         34                         31

"Detroit on downward spiral like large lobster shape dump Bun take this morning. They lose three a row. Make it four."  

Forum: Pro Football Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.