Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [College Football] Topic: Clemson vs Auburn in Week 1.
Gunner10
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
Gunner10
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 606
Location: Maryland
#1
Posted: 6/25/2012 9:53:02 AM
Clemson vs Auburn looks to be a tough one. I just do not know. YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE..
quote
fsutomahawk send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
fsutomahawk
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3098
Location: Congo
#2
Posted: 6/25/2012 10:43:31 AM
I really wonder how much of a step back the Auburn offense will take with Malzahn out of the equation. The defense should be much improved with the recruits they have brought in over the last few years, but I don't know if they can match points with Clemson in this one. If Boyd can cut down on the silly turnovers Clemson could be a machine once again on offense, and I really see no reason why they shouldn't win this one. 
quote
SatNightFever05
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SatNightFever05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3551
Location: California
#3
Posted: 6/25/2012 12:42:25 PM
Should be a high scoring game.. though like FSU said- who knows what the Auburn O is going to look like..

Thought I read the new OC is a pro-style guy, so completely changing the system will take some time.

Both D's sucked LY and both should be improved. but Clemson's a more known commodity on offense and with the currently under a FG, no reason not to back Clemson here

quote
Corley1011 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Corley1011
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 918
Location: Mississippi
#4
Posted: 6/25/2012 12:49:08 PM
Auburn's offense will struggle early on to adjust to the new system... they should be better as the season progresses... 
quote
Bigblue1088 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Bigblue1088
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 93
Location:
#5
Posted: 6/25/2012 5:19:03 PM
Watkins got  DUI heard rumors he could be suspended for this gm
quote
Corley1011 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Corley1011
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 918
Location: Mississippi
#6
Posted: 6/25/2012 5:28:08 PM
He got a possession charge... not DUI
quote
QBoption send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
QBoption
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2334
Location: United States
#7
Posted: 6/25/2012 6:16:44 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by SatNightFever05:

Should be a high scoring game.. though like FSU said- who knows what the Auburn O is going to look like..

Thought I read the new OC is a pro-style guy, so completely changing the system will take some time.

Both D's sucked LY and both should be improved. but Clemson's a more known commodity on offense and with the line currently under a FG, no reason not to back Clemson here

the line  opened clem (-5) and has droped to (-2')...that seems like a good reason...

quote
SatNightFever05
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SatNightFever05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3551
Location: California
#8
Posted: 6/25/2012 6:27:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by QBoption:

the line  opened clem (-5) and has droped to (-2')...that seems like a good reason...



Hard to worry about line movements 10 weeks from the game taking place

Maybe some of the locals are high on Auburn or will take SEC v ACC blind..  I have no idea.. but, as of June 25, there's no reason I can look at to back Auburn here with so many questions on offense
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16032
Location: South Carolina
#9
Posted: 6/25/2012 7:24:55 PM
I think Clemson wins this game by DD.

Something like 41 -  24
quote
pj702 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
pj702
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1040
Location:
#10
Posted: 6/25/2012 9:27:06 PM
until clemson d is better i would not bet them against auburn in this spot it in atlanta this game? i think auburn is probably a better team overall maybe, hard to say i think it a tossup game
quote
Corley1011 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Corley1011
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 918
Location: Mississippi
#11
Posted: 6/25/2012 9:38:20 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

I think Clemson wins this game by DD.

Something like 41 -  24



I agree completely with this
quote
SatNightFever05
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SatNightFever05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3551
Location: California
#12
Posted: 6/25/2012 11:19:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by pj702:

until clemson d is better i would not bet them against auburn in this spot it in atlanta this game? i think auburn is probably a better team overall maybe, hard to say i think it a tossup game


Clemson Total D: #59
Auburn Total D: #78

Clemson Rush D: 176 yards per game
Auburn Rush D:  195 yards per game

Clemson Pass D: 203 yards per game
Auburn Pass D: 211 yards per game

Clemson PPG against: 26.2
Auburn PPG against: 29.3


You're worried about Clemson's D?
quote
QBoption send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
QBoption
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2334
Location: United States
#13
Posted: 6/26/2012 12:06:21 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by SatNightFever05:



Hard to worry about line movements 10 weeks from the game taking place

Maybe some of the locals are high on Auburn or will take SEC v ACC blind..  I have no idea.. but, as of June 25, there's no reason I can look at to back Auburn here with so many questions on offense

c'mon man, im not stupid so talk to me that way...

...i bring up a great point and just dismiss it, line moves are lines moves and yes they matter esp. early movement...

...dont play dumb please, ok...

....aint no locals moving that line over 2 pts, we both know it takes large amt. of $ to move lines...

...now if clemson wins great, but to say auburn has no chance, ur only fooling urself...

...just my 2 cents...

quote
SatNightFever05
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SatNightFever05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3551
Location: California
#14
Posted: 6/26/2012 12:33:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by QBoption:

c'mon man, im not stupid so talk to me that way...

...i bring up a great point and just dismiss it, line moves are lines moves and yes they matter esp. early movement...

...dont play dumb please, ok...

....aint no locals moving that line over 2 pts, we both know it takes large amt. of $ to move lines...

...now if clemson wins great, but to say auburn has no chance, ur only fooling urself...

...just my 2 cents...



Not saying Auburn has no chance.. I just don't see any value in them with what will be a brand new offense and a defense that was worse them clemson's last year.. so you have to look at what's proven..

Well I know the Clemson O is proven and will be very good this year.. both defenses should be improved- but not sure that's saying much

I was simply saying, for me, there's nothing that says back Auburn here outside blind faith that the offense will be as effective as it was during the Gus years

We just agree to disagree.. you think a 2.5 pt line move in the middle of June means something, I don't.

And I don't know any locals that actually have the lines up at this point- one would assume the only place you can get it currently are at some offshores or at the Nugget in Vegas, and if that's the case, I'm guessing all of the handle are experts or big time players (what public player is going to bet a game 2 months away?)- thus, it wouldn't take that much $$ to move the line one way or the other
quote
QBoption send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
QBoption
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2334
Location: United States
#15
Posted: 6/26/2012 1:34:36 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by SatNightFever05:



Not saying Auburn has no chance.. I just don't see any value in them with what will be a brand new offense and a defense that was worse them clemson's last year.. so you have to look at what's proven..

Well I know the Clemson O is proven and will be very good this year.. both defenses should be improved- but not sure that's saying much

I was simply saying, for me, there's nothing that says back Auburn here outside blind faith that the offense will be as effective as it was during the Gus years

We just agree to disagree.. you think a 2.5 pt line move in the middle of June means something, I don't.

And I don't know any locals that actually have the lines up at this point- one would assume the only place you can get it currently are at some offshores or at the Nugget in Vegas, and if that's the case, I'm guessing all of the handle are experts or big time players (what public player is going to bet a game 2 months away?)- thus, it wouldn't take that much $$ to move the line one way or the other

its cool dude...GL...i guess im going to miss out on this one...

...football is a team game, the OFF helps the DEF and vice versa with SPC teams chippn in...maybe if the offense gets better it will help aid the DEF...

 

quote
jimmydafreak send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 12397
Location: United States
#16
Posted: 6/26/2012 2:27:44 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

I think Clemson wins this game by DD.

Something like 41 -  24

I completely agree except I doubt Auburn scores 21.  I see quite a few people who are high on Auburn this season.  I think their confidence is misplaced.  Behind all the handshakes, smiling faces and platitudes at Auburn is a team that is in complete disarray.  I think they will struggle to become bowl eligible.  IMO the only team worse than Auburn in the SEC West is Ole Miss.

I may delve a little deeper into Auburn at some later time.  Unfortunately, when an Alabama fan like myself speaks in condemnation of Auburn, most will simply dismiss it as "hating."

That said, I like Clemson a lot at anything under 7, and absolutely LOVE them at anything under 3.  To echo Boom's thoughts, I also think this will be a DD Clemson victory.  I'll call it 31-13.

 

quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 32479
Location: New York
#17
Posted: 6/28/2012 10:26:47 AM
I am staying far away from this game 

Just excited to watch it
quote
Corley1011 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Corley1011
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 918
Location: Mississippi
#18
Posted: 6/28/2012 11:33:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

IMO the only team worse than Auburn in the SEC West is Ole Miss.



Completely agree with this statement  
quote
diptom send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
diptom
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 957
Location:
#19
Posted: 6/28/2012 2:22:46 PM
With or Without Sammy Watkins this should be a win here!
quote
GADAWG101 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
GADAWG101
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 255
Location: Georgia
#20
Posted: 6/28/2012 3:15:29 PM

I KNOW EVERYONE HATES HEARING THIS BUT IT IS SEC VS ACC ENOUGH SAID! NOW BRING ON THE HATERS

quote
jimmydafreak send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 12397
Location: United States
#21
Posted: 6/28/2012 3:21:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GADAWG101:

I KNOW EVERYONE HATES HEARING THIS BUT IT IS SEC VS ACC ENOUGH SAID! NOW BRING ON THE HATERS

I could be wrong, but I thought that Clemson was in the ACC last season, and Auburn was in the SEC.

 

quote
Laroja
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Laroja
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 10530
Location: Ontario
#22
Posted: 6/28/2012 6:18:32 PM
Don't trust Clemson at all. If I can get 7 I'll take Auburn.
quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 12994
Location: Alabama
#23
Posted: 6/28/2012 6:51:15 PM
Auburn plays that defense though
quote
Corley1011 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Corley1011
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 918
Location: Mississippi
#24
Posted: 6/29/2012 12:09:13 AM
What defense? 


I think they will be much more experienced this year and will be better than last year's squad... but so will Clemson... 
quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 12994
Location: Alabama
#25
Posted: 6/29/2012 4:20:38 AM
I was making fun of the idiots that write for the SEC on a show that said UF's defense was the problem which is priceless because they had the #9 defense in the nation last year and the offense was 105th.. then in the same breath started talking about Auburn and then they said "well we all know how they play a good brand of defense" and they were serious..
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.