Messages

Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: NBA SUNDAY !!!
44-dimes send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
44-dimes
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6799
Location: Quebec
#1
Posted: 4/22/2012 10:26:04 AM
YTD  102-85  ( +17.65 units )

5u  1-1
4u  3-4
3u  19-16
2u  33-24
1u  46-40

OKLAHOMA CITY -1 ( 3 units )
The assumption that Kobe and the Lakers need to make a  statement game every time they face a top caliber team  is getting kind of old. There are no gimmicks no tricks no handicapping angles or player match ups to consider because simply the Thunder are a much better team. A short price like this !! I'll take it every time. I actually prefer Oklahoma City on the road because you get to lay a smaller number. If anything the young Oklahoma City thunder have something to prove while the Los Angeles Brick Layers have shown that they can't beat Tier 1 teams. Lakers are  content with the third or fourth spot in the West. I'd also like to mention that I think Mike Brown is one of the worst coaches in the league. Durant needs to outscore Kobe by 7 points today and take control of the Scoring lead.

NEW ORLEANS +10.5 ( 1 unit )

GOOD LUCK--------------HAVE A NICE SUNDAY
quote
tennistudly send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
tennistudly
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 985
Location: Alabama
#2
Posted: 4/22/2012 10:58:58 AM
44 -  right on w/nuggs yesterday  good luck to us today!
quote
stevenp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
stevenp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 2767
Location: California
#3
Posted: 4/22/2012 11:02:17 AM
didn't know you had the nuggets yesterday.  that was an excellent pick.  i won with the suns versus clippers and felt i didn't deserve it.  the suns looked tired.  i like your thoughts and agree with okc.  my only reservation is this end of the season thing.  will OKC motivated like usual with the playoffs on the horizon.  naturally the same could be said of the lakers?  your thoughts on the motivation aspect of this game.
quote
si1ly send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
si1ly
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 12061
Location: Florida
#4
Posted: 4/22/2012 11:17:51 AM
How do you feel about the under with both Durant and Kobe jacking up long range shots all game?
quote
evilelvis send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
evilelvis
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2852
Location: California
#5
Posted: 4/22/2012 11:33:20 AM
quote
44-dimes send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
44-dimes
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6799
Location: Quebec
#6
Posted: 4/22/2012 11:37:30 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by si1ly:

How do you feel about the under with both Durant and Kobe jacking up long range shots all game?


The first two games went under. Today's total ( 199 ) is identical to the game back on 3/29. If you recall the Thunder had a big lead in that game and it might of gone Over if the score had been closer near the end. I specifically remember Westbrook taunting the Laker bench every time he scored.
Staying away from this Total!!!!!
quote
CreateWealth10 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sportsbook.ag |
CreateWealth10
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 310
Location: United States
#7
Posted: 4/22/2012 11:39:16 AM
quote
fosta send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
fosta
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1098
Location: Texas
#8
Posted: 4/22/2012 11:41:41 AM
Lakers coming home off a 25 point loss... Lakers have lost and haven't covered the last 2 times these teams matched up.. the last one being @LA as well... money is on OKC also.. just seems like everything is pointing to Lakers taking this one.. OKC has burned me a lot of times this season though... not sure how to play this one

quote
Makaveli1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Makaveli1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2502
Location: United States
#9
Posted: 4/22/2012 11:41:47 AM
GL Dimes.
quote
44-dimes send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
44-dimes
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6799
Location: Quebec
#10
Posted: 4/22/2012 11:45:26 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by stevenp:

didn't know you had the nuggets yesterday.  that was an excellent pick.  i won with the suns versus clippers and felt i didn't deserve it.  the suns looked tired.  i like your thoughts and agree with okc.  my only reservation is this end of the season thing.  will OKC motivated like usual with the playoffs on the horizon.  naturally the same could be said of the lakers?  your thoughts on the motivation aspect of this game.


My feeling is that the Lakers purposely rested Kobe just to get him ready for the playoffs. Obviously now with a couple of games left they want to get him into some sort of  rhythm . The same is happening with the Bulls.  It doesn't say a whole to me as far as being motivated while the regular season is winding down.

gl
quote
si1ly send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
si1ly
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 12061
Location: Florida
#11
Posted: 4/22/2012 11:49:30 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 44-dimes:



The first two games went under. Today's total ( 199 ) is identical to the game back on 3/29. If you recall the Thunder had a big lead in that game and it might of gone Over if the score had been closer near the end. I specifically remember Westbrook taunting the Laker bench every time he scored.
Staying away from this Total!!!!!

Thanks for the input.  I HATE Westbrook.  He's the most immature player in the NBA.  If OKC plays CHI in the finals I wouldn't be surprised to see Noah throw a punch at that little twit.  In fact, I'll be rooting for Noah to jack him up all series - and I don't even like Noah.  That's how much I hate Westbrook.

I'm leaning LAL on the side here.  With double revenge on the season they should be putting out a good effort.  Also this is now Kobe's second game back so some of the rust should be off.  They struggled defensively against the Spurs but that's because San Antonio ranks in the top 10 in almost every passing statistic.  Ball movement beats the LAL defense.  OKC ranks dead last in just about every passing statistic.  If LAL can lock down the interior this game should be lower scoring with the Lakers having a chance to steal a win in the season series.  Good luck 44.
quote
UPNTHAPORT
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
UPNTHAPORT
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1620
Location: Louisiana
#12
Posted: 4/22/2012 11:53:05 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by 44-dimes:

YTD  102-85  ( +17.65 units )

5u  1-1
4u  3-4
3u  19-16
2u  33-24
1u  46-40

OKLAHOMA CITY -1 ( 3 units )
The assumption that Kobe and the Lakers need to make a  statement game every time they face a top caliber team  is getting kind of old. There are no gimmicks no tricks no handicapping angles or player match ups to consider because simply the Thunder are a much better team. A short price like this !! I'll take it every time. I actually prefer Oklahoma City on the road because you get to lay a smaller number. If anything the young Oklahoma City thunder have something to prove while the Los Angeles Brick Layers have shown that they can't beat Tier 1 teams. Lakers are  content with the third or fourth spot in the West. I'd also like to mention that I think Mike Brown is one of the worst coaches in the league. Durant needs to outscore Kobe by 7 points today and take control of the Scoring lead.

NEW ORLEANS +10.5 ( 1 unit )

GOOD LUCK--------------HAVE A NICE SUNDAY

Dimes,

I agree, everytime the Lakers play a good team at home as the dogs the public expects them to win..

The fact is they do not match up well against OKC and over the course of a game the Thunder will impose their will and put this one away once again...

I am taking them on Spread & ML once again Just like Nuggets Yesterday...

Also the BEE'S will not let the Clippers beat them by DD'S either, I see the BEE'S keeping this one close all game if not possibly having a chance to win SU...

quote
winner005 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sportsbook.ag |
winner005
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 5238
Location: New York
#13
Posted: 4/22/2012 12:05:32 PM
quote
winner005 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sportsbook.ag |
winner005
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 5238
Location: New York
#14
Posted: 4/22/2012 12:12:55 PM
72% on OKC, the line is not moving at all, hope they not setting up for LAL...   OKC as is..
quote
dontbreakdasyph send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
dontbreakdasyph
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3282
Location: Afghanistan
#15
Posted: 4/22/2012 12:35:08 PM
GL 44, Kobe Bryant is all you need sometimes to win a game like this. I hope this hits for you but i will be on the other side of this one. BOL to us
quote
baggingup4 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
baggingup4
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 186
Location:
#16
Posted: 4/22/2012 12:42:50 PM
Keep sleeping on the Lakers. No match up issues. When Pau and Drew are going they score at will. Ibaka better stay out off foul trouble. Lakers have taken OKC to the woodshed for years and this is the first year OKC has had any real success against the Lakes. Thinking they just walk in to Staples and win just because they won the prior games could be dangerous. 

Isolation basketball will not beat the Lakers. Poster had it correct above. Lakers struggle will teams who have crisp ball movement. Next would be the high pick and roll. If Westbrook can consistently hit his jumper off this action it will result in a win. If he struggles like he does at times it won't matter what Durant does...LA will have a very good chance of winning at home. Who are considered tier 1 teams. Miami...OKC...San Antonio...Chicago???
quote
SportsFreak69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SportsFreak69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 36541
Location: United States
#17
Posted: 4/22/2012 1:39:01 PM
Best of Luck 
quote
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 35271
Location: California
#18
Posted: 4/22/2012 2:23:26 PM
Love New Orleans assuming that Eric Gordon is playing, they are a completely different team with him, especially add in that you have the guys from NOH returning from the team who traded them again.... I like the points


quote
Budget_Baller send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Budget_Baller
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4706
Location: California
#19
Posted: 4/22/2012 2:31:30 PM
Just remember that Smith leveled Blake last time they played for which he received a 2 game suspension.  I can see the Clippers coming out hot and ready for payback.
quote
Mors702 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Mors702
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 60
Location:
#20
Posted: 4/22/2012 2:33:58 PM
Lock n loaded.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 35271
Location: California
#21
Posted: 4/22/2012 2:37:27 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by si1ly:


Thanks for the input.  I HATE Westbrook.  He's the most immature player in the NBA.  If OKC plays CHI in the finals I wouldn't be surprised to see Noah throw a punch at that little twit.  In fact, I'll be rooting for Noah to jack him up all series - and I don't even like Noah.  That's how much I hate Westbrook.

I'm leaning LAL on the side here.  With double revenge on the season they should be putting out a good effort.  Also this is now Kobe's second game back so some of the rust should be off.  They struggled defensively against the Spurs but that's because San Antonio ranks in the top 10 in almost every passing statistic.  Ball movement beats the LAL defense.  OKC ranks dead last in just about every passing statistic.  If LAL can lock down the interior this game should be lower scoring with the Lakers having a chance to steal a win in the season series.  Good luck 44.



Woah woah woah, hold on there si1ly... I know you know your NBA, there's no way Westbrook is the most immature player in the league. He plays in the same conference as Boogie Cousins (who I think has his diapers changed at halftime of games) not to mention guys like JaVale McGee, Nick Young, Dwight Howard have to be in the running as well?
quote
-LB- send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
-LB-
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 17784
Location: South Carolina
#22
Posted: 4/22/2012 3:22:47 PM
BOL TODAY 44! LETS MAKE SOME PAPER!  
quote
sniper777 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
sniper777
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 878
Location:
#23
Posted: 4/22/2012 3:22:51 PM

I am not disagreeing with your pick I just feel like when i first looked at this line it looked so easy and OKC was such a lock.  Maybe I am over analyzing this but the public is all over OKC and the line has not moved from one. It almost seems like vegas wants people to take OKC.

Listen I am a laker fan and I will admit OKC has owned them recently and are playing better ball. I just dont get why the line isnt 4 or 5. OKC only minus 1? Am I thinking to  much here or is OKC just an easy bet like it looks that they are?

quote
-LB- send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
-LB-
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 17784
Location: South Carolina
#24
Posted: 4/22/2012 3:40:23 PM
44 might tail ya on NO play but not sure the only other play i was looking at was the under in the GS/MIN play...GL BUD!
quote
stevenp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
stevenp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 2767
Location: California
#25
Posted: 4/22/2012 3:50:06 PM
great discussion!  thanks dimes!  have really enjoyed following your thoughts and picks this year!  i really like OKC.  didn't pull the trigger.  i'll watch the first half and maybe go at it halftime.  you know i'm living for my bob kittens.
quote
Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.