NBA WEDNESDAY ""GAME OF THE WEEK"""

Forum: NBA Betting Page 1 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: NBA WEDNESDAY ""GAME OF THE WEEK"""
44-dimes PM 44-dimes
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6800
 
44-dimes
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:31:31 AM

YTD  54-47  ( +15.85 units )

5u  1-0

4u  3-2

3u  11-7

2u  15-17

1u  24-21

HOUSTON -1.5 ( 4 units )

I love the Rockets in this spot and i anticipate this line closing as high as -2.5 or -3. There is a striking similarity pattern that has developed  with this current 4 game losing streak in comparison to an earlier 4 game losing streak which took place from 1/3 to 1/7. Looking back at that previous L/STREAK the Rockets lost all four games against teams with winning records ( CLIP,LAK and OKLA CITY twice ) now this current four game losing streak once again involves teams with winning records ( Utah, Den, Clip and a heartbreaking loss against the Celtics last night ) Excuse me Utah is one game under .500 !!!  Now let's backtrack into that previous losing streak! The Rockets avoided a 5th loss  by stepping down in class travelling to  Charlotte as 3.5 point favorite and beating the Bobcats 82-70. Once again tonight the Rockets will try to avoid a season High 5 game losing streak as they travel to Toronto and lay a favorable -1.5 against a sub .500 team. I'd go as high as -3 in this game. FINAL SCORE HOU 105 TOR 90

CHARLOTTE +7.5 (2 units )

As soon as  Paul Silas got ejected the Bobcats turned a 20 point defecit into a 15 point win. I'd normally avoid playing a team that won as an outright dog the previous night but with the Bobcats clinging onto a 5-31 SU record I'm dismissing the letdown angle. It just dosen't come into play with teams that have won less than 25% of their games. Did anyone see Maggette's post game interview ? He made some very good points on how the Bobcats played.

PHILADELPHIA -5 ( 1 unit )

I was hoping to lay a small number here !! Cause i was gonna hammer this game for a larger size wager. Possibly 3 or 4 units. Wishful thinking on my part. I still like it. SIXERS WIN HERE.

MILWAUKEE +8 ( 1 unit )

This is a triple revenge game for the Bucks!!

GOOD LUCK

44-dimes PM 44-dimes
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6800
 
44-dimes
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:32:53 AM
'' ROCKETS"" game of the week !!!!!!
vasilli07 PM vasilli07
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 3532
 
vasilli07
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:35:31 AM
Like the rockets too.

What's your view on the warriors?
DRPHILIPSAYS PM DRPHILIPSAYS
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 120
 
DRPHILIPSAYS
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:35:59 AM
BOL DIMES! 
si1ly PM si1ly
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 12061
 
si1ly
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:39:30 AM
I must say, that's a sexy looking cad.  Get it.
NORCALPLAYA PM NORCALPLAYA
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 3664
 
NORCALPLAYA
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:39:50 AM

Houston owes me this win on Wednesday, as I was royally "jobbed" on my +4.5 Tuesday night?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Doubling up my bet for Wednesday's matchup in Canada!

GL 44

doliver517 PM doliver517
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3083
 
doliver517
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:43:17 AM
oh garbage  That's deep insight....I almost played Toronto on principle alone. I believe Toronto is playing better these days losing by 4 on Sunday to Orlando and beating GSW the night before by 8....they gave up 75 to GSW and 92 to Orl....Toronto players have been home long enough to darn their wives AND their mistress.....Houston lost tonight and travel to cold behind Toronto????? I haven't hit a submit button and quite frankly have had enough foot in my mouth lately that I won't comment further.....this is the NBA however. GL dimes....great tuesday btw (like I said, haven't hit submit yet lol :)
44-dimes PM 44-dimes
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6800
 
44-dimes
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:49:56 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by vasilli07:

Like the rockets too.

What's your view on the warriors?

No opinion here whatsoever. I'd be guessing at best.

gl

44-dimes PM 44-dimes
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6800
 
44-dimes
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:52:30 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by NORCALPLAYA:

Houston owes me this win on Wednesday, as I was royally "jobbed" on my +4.5 Tuesday night?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Doubling up my bet for Wednesday's matchup in Canada!

GL 44

 I feel your pain. I've had several hose jobs this month.

Jamie06 PM Jamie06
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 80
 
Jamie06
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:53:27 AM
I got Houston ML at $1.80 :)
Posted using a mobile device.
jayheezy PM jayheezy
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 483
 
jayheezy
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:55:12 AM
Houston. 
Redbull88 PM Redbull88
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 688
 
Redbull88
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:56:20 AM
good luck 44!!  i was eyeing Houston also..
44-dimes PM 44-dimes
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6800
 
44-dimes
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:56:55 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by doliver517:

oh garbage  That's deep insight....I almost played Toronto on principle alone. I believe Toronto is playing better these days losing by 4 on Sunday to Orlando and beating GSW the night before by 8....they gave up 75 to GSW and 92 to Orl....Toronto players have been home long enough to darn their wives AND their mistress.....Houston lost tonight and travel to cold behind Toronto????? I haven't hit a submit button and quite frankly have had enough foot in my mouth lately that I won't comment further.....this is the NBA however. GL dimes....great tuesday btw (like I said, haven't hit submit yet lol :)

 No problem, We are  responsible for our own plays. My wagers and write-ups are simply my opinion.

 BTW THE AIR-CANADA CENTER IS A HEATED FACILITY!!!

doliver517 PM doliver517
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3083
 
doliver517
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:57:30 AM

Het Dimes---

Are you really playing this Houston gm because of ONE trend you found that took place during THIS season and right after the NEW YR? Or is there something else? Cuz this gm has Toronto or Pass written ALL over it imo...and passing seems alright to me. Just wondering if there's anything else you had to back up this play as I look daily into your thread for your angles and plays

doliver517 PM doliver517
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3083
 
doliver517
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:58:10 AM
you beat me to it...GL sir
jayheezy PM jayheezy
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 483
 
jayheezy
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:59:06 AM
Houston's a much better team and aren't giving up too many points. 
insatiable PM insatiable
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 24127
 
insatiable
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 3/7/2012 1:02:19 AM
Gl 44
44-dimes PM 44-dimes
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6800
 
44-dimes
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/7/2012 1:05:15 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by doliver517:

Het Dimes---

Are you really playing this Houston gm because of ONE trend you found that took place during THIS season and right after the NEW YR? Or is there something else? Cuz this gm has Toronto or Pass written ALL over it imo...and passing seems alright to me. Just wondering if there's anything else you had to back up this play as I look daily into your thread for your angles and plays

It's a combination of everything. A better team laying a small number should be the obvious one for any Rocket backers but I'm looking at this team avoiding a 5th loss in a row. You know this line could of been as high as -5 a week ago!! Something to think about!!  I mean the value part..

doliver517 PM doliver517
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3083
 
doliver517
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/7/2012 1:13:47 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 44-dimes:

It's a combination of everything. A better team laying a small number should be the obvious one for any Rocket backers but I'm looking at this team avoiding a 5th loss in a row. You know this line could of been as high as -5 a week ago!! Something to think about!!  I mean the value part..

That's what I'm looking for.... Looking into it further, they may be on a B2B but they don't play again until Sat night in NJ....they ARE the better tm, laying a small # in a must win because who wants to lose 5 in a row???? (and NJ should be the same on Sat)....glad I didn't hit submit this forum is made for this....re-evaluating now
clean456 PM clean456
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 954
 
clean456
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 3/7/2012 1:14:23 AM
44 
good luck 
si1ly PM si1ly
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 12061
 
si1ly
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 3/7/2012 1:20:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 44-dimes:

 BTW THE AIR-CANADA CENTER IS A HEATED FACILITY!!!



It's also the second week of March and it's 50+ degrees in Toronto during the day.  Some people think Canada is the freaking North Pole.  Boise, Idaho is just as far north as Toronto.
twodigitz PM twodigitz
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1100
 
twodigitz
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/7/2012 1:24:02 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 44-dimes:

HOUSTON -1.5 ( 4 units )

I love the Rockets in this spot and i anticipate this line closing as high as -2.5 or -3. There is a striking similarity pattern that has developed  with this current 4 game losing streak in comparison to an earlier 4 game losing streak which took place from 1/3 to 1/7. Looking back at that previous L/STREAK the Rockets lost all four games against teams with winning records ( CLIP,LAK and OKLA CITY twice ) now this current four game losing streak once again involves teams with winning records ( Utah, Den, Clip and a heartbreaking loss against the Celtics last night ) Excuse me Utah is one game under .500 !!!  Now let's backtrack into that previous losing streak! The Rockets avoided a 5th loss  by stepping down in class travelling to  Charlotte as 3.5 point favorite and beating the Bobcats 82-70. Once again tonight the Rockets will try to avoid a season High 5 game losing streak as they travel to Toronto and lay a favorable -1.5 against a sub .500 team. I'd go as high as -3 in this game. FINAL SCORE HOU 105 TOR 90 

MILWAUKEE +8 ( 1 unit )

This is a triple revenge game for the Bucks!!

GOOD LUCK

Very interesting angle I must say but I got a couple disagreements with your approach. This does not mean I will not play the rockets but I would like you to hear me out....

First, last time the rockets went on a 4 game losing streak, those 4 games were played in 5 days, playing against those 4 teams u mentioned in 5 days is a tough task for ANY TEAM.

Then the rockets had TWO days off to go play the bobcats, who were then playing their 4th game in 5 days. It was a GREAT spot for the rockets and the scoreboard will tell the rest.

Another thing that is different from the last 4 game losing streak to this one is that the rockets did not lose the LAST 2 games in the last 4 game losing streak in OT(clips and bos tonight) and this time they are traveling ACROSS the border which can be a mess sometimes than domestic games with no rest obviously. not to mention this will be their 3rd game in 4 nights, with both previous games going into OT like I said.

The raptors on the other hand have been at home since march 1st and they did NOT play last night so they are WELL rested for sure.

With all these things put into account I cannot pull the trigger YET, I will pull the trigger when the line moves to -2 and i'll buy it back down to -1.5 BUT if it stays at -1.5 rockets ALL DAY with all the action seems to be on the rockets, I must say I will have to go with the craptors 2h with more points OR will just be a no play, in this case I will be rooting for the blow out by the rockets!!

On a side note, I do not have any idea what I like in the char and philly game BUT I do like the BUCKS!, FEAR THE DEAR BABY!!!

Once again good luck tomorrow and great job today!!

twodigitz PM twodigitz
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1100
 
twodigitz
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/7/2012 1:29:25 AM
Also u responded to doliver517 when I was writting this write-up and you said that you are looking at this team avoiding their 5th loss in a row but check out what they have coming up, even if they lose their next game against tor, they play NJ next on TWO DAYS REST and then to cleveland. Then they do go to okc but they got the BOBCATS after that, they will snap their losing streak SOON, hopefully for ur sake its TOMORROW
twodigitz PM twodigitz
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1100
 
twodigitz
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/7/2012 1:32:18 AM

Man, after doing that write up I think I convinced myself to NOT touch this game and root for u to win, in the VERY UNLIKELY chance it does not hit, I will make MY POW on the rockets vs the nets on the 10th

Still playing the bucks, FEAR THE DEAR!!!!

GL TOMORROW 44!!

composite PM composite
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4274
 
composite
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/7/2012 1:32:54 AM

twodigitz - everything you said sounded really good until I got to this part:

Straight Mar 07 CBB [636] RICE PK-110 .440.00 USD / 400.00 USD .26577137
"With all these things put into account I cannot pull the trigger YET, I will pull the trigger when the line moves to -2 and i'll buy it back down to -1.5 BUT if it stays at -1.5 rockets ALL DAY with all the action seems to be on the rockets, I must say I will have to go with the craptors 2h with more points OR will just be a no play, in this case I will be rooting for the blow out by the rockets!!"

Why on Earth would you like the bet @ -2 but not @ -1.5???? 

 

 

Forum: NBA Betting Page 1 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.