Messages

Forum Index : Las Vegas : Messages
Author: [Las Vegas] Topic: What is the closest most convenient LV sportsbook to McCarran?
adnelg send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
adnelg
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 7
Location:
#1
Posted: 9/14/2012 7:57:56 PM
Wondering what is the closest sports book in Las Vegas is in relation to the airport if I was to fly in and fly out same day?
quote
VegasSound
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
VegasSound
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 524
Location:
#2
Posted: 9/14/2012 8:54:05 PM
Hard Rock probably.

Easy cab ride or take the 108 bus, which will drop you off a block from the Hard Rock, catch the 108 directly in front of the Hard Rock to go back to the airport. $2 each way, $5 for a 24hr pass. A cab ride would probably be $15 each way.

The other option would be to take a cab probably to the MGM.

Somebody else may have a better answer but that's my 2 cents.


quote
VegasGourmet send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
VegasGourmet
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 812
Location:
#3
Posted: 9/15/2012 2:16:43 PM
Terrible's Hotel/Casino...closer at Paradise and easier getting in and out...
quote
Reno509 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Reno509
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7
Location:
#4
Posted: 9/15/2012 2:56:15 PM
Good advice. Anything closer off of the strip?
quote
VegasSound
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
VegasSound
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 524
Location:
#5
Posted: 9/15/2012 3:54:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Reno509:

Good advice. Anything closer off of the strip?


No.

I mentioned Hard Rock because it's going to be before Terrible's hotel and casino. Both are on the same street and a short walk if you decide to go to both. I guess it depends on the amount the wager is, because I am only assuming, but Hard Rock is probably going to be willing to accept higher wagers.

If you take the 108 bus from the Airport, Hard Rock will be a block from the bus stop, and Terribles will be over a block from the bus stop at (Swenson Street/East Flamingo Road). Bus $2 one way, $5 24hrs. A cab ride will be around $15 to Terribles.

More bus information: If you decide to go to Terribles or miss the Hard Rock stop, the bus will stop at Swenson/East Flamingo), from there you'll see
Siegel Suites across the street, a Jack in the Box on the corner, and a bus stop will be located on the side of Jack in the Box if you decide to take it to Terribles or to the strip (stops beside Caesars Palace). If you stay on the bus past Caesars, you can go to the Palms, and Rio if you want. From the strip on the side of Bally's is the bus stop, catch that back to the Terribles stop, and transfers to the 108 stop at the gas station to go to the airport.
quote
VegasSound
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
VegasSound
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 524
Location:
#6
Posted: 9/15/2012 5:59:45 PM
If you prefer to go to the Las Vegas Hilton, you can stay on the 108 bus from the airport, and it'll stop directly in front of the LVH. The bus stop to get back on the 108 to go to the airport is directly across the street from the LVH entrance located in front of the Courtyard-by-Marriott hotel.

I keep focusing on the bus but if you intend to do a cab so be it. The cab ride would probably be close to $30 to the LVH.

Cheers
quote
nc1capper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 15881
Location: North Carolina
#7
Posted: 9/15/2012 8:12:35 PM
If you are flying into make wagers why wouldn't you do a bit of research and decide what outfit you want to play ( for example cantor is located at M resort) hard to fathom flying in to wager then being to worried about cab or taking a bus, but hey, it's your coin and your call, just sounds a bit odd, good luck to ya
quote
bb2198 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bb2198
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 558
Location: Massachusetts
#8
Posted: 9/15/2012 9:46:28 PM
how about and online sportsbook..   Much easier.   Unless you are a pilot and you are going there and will be there for a few hours I truly dont understand why you would do this.

quote
ad1260 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ad1260
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 7503
Location: Texas
#9
Posted: 9/16/2012 2:45:34 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bb2198:

how about and online sportsbook..   Much easier.   Unless you are a pilot and you are going there and will be there for a few hours I truly dont understand why you would do this.


This 
quote
Yavapai send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
Yavapai
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1959
Location: Nevada
#10
Posted: 9/17/2012 1:35:44 PM

DONT GO TO TERRIBLES !!

Another local lowlife establishment, Hard Rock is better and safer .

quote
VegasSound
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
VegasSound
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 524
Location:
#11
Posted: 9/18/2012 1:09:20 AM
^
I also believe that's a bad choice because they possibly won't accept a large wager. If one is flying in just to place a wager, it must be a decent amount, considering airfare cost, and other expenses.

I flew in once within a 24hr period. The only reason I could handle the flights was because it was Delta. I had a ticket that needed to be cashed at the Palms, so I took cab from the airport, placed my wager that I wanted (parlay Kansas Jayhawks and Miami Heat), met a friend to eat at the Palms, and I took a cab back to the airport. I never even went to my residence in Vegas. I caught the second half of the Kansas game on the flight and I knew I won my parlay before the flight landed back on the East Coast.

If one is worried about extra travel cost, no matter how much your wager is, I think it's best just to take the 108 bus to the Las Vegas Hilton. Take the 108 back to the Airport, stop right at the Hard Rock if you need to take care of any other business, and head back to the airport when you need to. That gives you two decent places to wager at and eat at.
quote
Reno509 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Reno509
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7
Location:
#12
Posted: 9/18/2012 10:31:28 AM
I recommend spending the money on travel than trying to milk your money from a 3rd world outfit online.  Tried online once and it is a bunch of crap trying to use money gram etc. and feeling sleazy trying to get my winnings.  Fly down, bet big  and snipe them legally..  The pay is instant and Feds and banks not on your behind.  Can't believe that people can actually use offshore sites effectively.  
quote
Raiderpug send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
Raiderpug
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1538
Location: Nevada
#13
Posted: 9/18/2012 8:26:52 PM
Someone needs a friend in Vegas! 
quote
Reno509 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Reno509
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7
Location:
#14
Posted: 9/19/2012 3:31:10 AM
You nailed it. But how do you get the trust? That is what I'm saying. Get a flight down don't person with the online S.  Make your gambling endeavor/job  respectable and legal.
quote
Reno509 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Reno509
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7
Location:
#15
Posted: 9/19/2012 4:15:42 AM
Wish I had a cell phone with a Nevada prefix.  Not eager to  leave the life I live but I am going to take the plunge into professional gambling.  I know I am going to get bad pub from the other 97% here, but I am going to do it legally, respectively and you all may want to follow my story.  No Twitter account. Ground roots level. Been doing this 15 years. Made my nut in medical field -  last four years grinding it out in Reno and Vegas part-time.  Usually been a college basketball junkie.  NFL football is promising 58% - Superbowl 3 for 3 last three-. encouraging a following because I have a story to share and live with "yall" - system works but only with me - journal Is worst case scenario - loved and cried with novel "Last Lecture"   risking a pro-cred med job, benes etc. to compete with the best in Vegas/witches and leave a legacy for the wife and 3 kids  - here  I go...  ps / let Chad Millman know he can co-author :-)
Reno 509 sniping and dropping a huge career to live the dream/ nothing to sell but the chance for you guys to enjoy the trip with me. Good luck to you all. Antibias would help even the negative bring on
quote
nc1capper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 15881
Location: North Carolina
#16
Posted: 9/19/2012 10:29:38 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Reno509:

Wish I had a cell phone with a Nevada prefix.  Not eager to  leave the life I live but I am going to take the plunge into professional gambling.  I know I am going to get bad pub from the other 97% here, but I am going to do it legally, respectively and you all may want to follow my story.  No Twitter account. Ground roots level. Been doing this 15 years. Made my nut in medical field -  last four years grinding it out in Reno and Vegas part-time.  Usually been a college basketball junkie.  NFL football is promising 58% - Superbowl 3 for 3 last three-. encouraging a following because I have a story to share and live with "yall" - system works but only with me - journal Is worst case scenario - loved and cried with novel "Last Lecture"   risking a pro-cred med job, benes etc. to compete with the best in Vegas/witches and leave a legacy for the wife and 3 kids  - here  I go...  ps / let Chad Millman know he can co-author :-)
Reno 509 sniping and dropping a huge career to live the dream/ nothing to sell but the chance for you guys to enjoy the trip with me. Good luck to you all. Antibias would help even the negative bring on
Huh
quote
Dannyanddemon send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Dannyanddemon
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 264
Location: Nevada
#17
Posted: 9/23/2012 10:47:16 PM
You would want to go to south point. bout 5 miles from the airport. on las vegas blvd but off strip. right off the highway. you can cab and literally park next to the door that enters into the sports book. no lines.. in and out. You can mail back your ticket to get paid out if you hit. Youre welcome. 
quote
VegasSound
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
VegasSound
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 524
Location:
#18
Posted: 9/24/2012 11:13:42 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Dannyanddemon:

You would want to go to south point. bout 5 miles from the airport. on las vegas blvd but off strip. right off the highway. you can cab and literally park next to the door that enters into the sports book. no lines.. in and out. You can mail back your ticket to get paid out if you hit. Youre welcome. 


If I was flying to Vegas to place a wager, I won't mail my winning wager ticket in, because it'd most likely be a great deal of money. It's safe to assume that anybody that's flying to Vegas and leaving in a 24hr period intends to wager a large amount of money.
quote
Dannyanddemon send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Dannyanddemon
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 264
Location: Nevada
#19
Posted: 9/30/2012 8:41:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by VegasSound:



If I was flying to Vegas to place a wager, I won't mail my winning wager ticket in, because it'd most likely be a great deal of money. It's safe to assume that anybody that's flying to Vegas and leaving in a 24hr period intends to wager a large amount of money.

What ever man. its still the most convienent which was the original question. 
quote
Forum Index : Las Vegas : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.