Messages

Forum Index : Las Vegas : Messages
Author: [Las Vegas] Topic: Where is the softest poker game in Vegas at?
Goldfisch send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Goldfisch
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 661
Location: Texas
#1
Posted: 7/4/2011 6:59:16 PM
I currently play 1-3 nl in Louisiana and have been doing well. I dont like the 2-5 game because I have to sit down with $800 to play comfortably.
 With that being said, I am going to Vegas on the 11th and want to know where the softest game is for me to play. I heard the Golden Nugget and the Pink Flamingo are the toughest, even though the GN has 1-2 blinds they say that people have 5k in front of them. Thank you for the help.
quote
VegasGenius send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
VegasGenius
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 94
Location:
#2
Posted: 7/4/2011 7:42:42 PM
There is no such thing as a "soft or tough poker room"....every game is player dependent. It just depends on who is sitting down at the table. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
What is wrong with people having 5k in front of them? That is just that much more you can win. Will they apply more pressure? Most likely, but they will also get themselves trapped a few times in hands with below par holdings.
quote
MrGlue send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Station |
MrGlue
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 245
Location: Nevada
#3
Posted: 7/5/2011 12:10:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by VegasGenius:

There is no such thing as a "soft or tough poker room"....every game is player dependent. It just depends on who is sitting down at the table. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
What is wrong with people having 5k in front of them? That is just that much more you can win. Will they apply more pressure? Most likely, but they will also get themselves trapped a few times in hands with below par holdings.


I disagree.

Some rooms in town are tougher than others because they have a higher concentration of local players (not to mention some pros). We want to be one of the better players (if not the best) at our table. That is going to be a lot easier to pull off if we are at a room on the strip on Saturday night than at Red Rock on a Tuesday afternoon.

To the OP: Concentrate on the strip, playing at night, and closer to the weekend. Stick to the more "blue collar" properties like: Bally's, MGM, Excalibur, Luxor, etc...

Find out the night club schedules... rooms get more drunk recreational players on those nights.

BOL
quote
666LES send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
666LES
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2279
Location: New York
#4
Posted: 7/5/2011 3:25:12 PM
Any 1-3 game downtown/strip could have some guy playing to cover his nut,or even more then 1. If you think you can go to some room with more tourists, don't you think the local shark knows where the fish swim?
quote
Goldfisch send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Goldfisch
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 661
Location: Texas
#5
Posted: 7/6/2011 1:23:08 AM
Mr Glue thanks for the insight. 
 To the others that disagree with us. I play in Louisiana, and I only play at one casino there because it is old retired people who have no idea what the hell they are doing. 
 I stay away from the isle and Laberge because the Isle has much more aggressive players and donks with a garbage load of cash that can hurt your bank roll quick. 
 And Laberge just opened up a room so they have some of the most expensive games in the entire south. no lie. 
 I want a soft 1-3 or 1-2 game that I can grind on. 

quote
MrGlue send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Station |
MrGlue
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 245
Location: Nevada
#6
Posted: 7/6/2011 12:22:58 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 666LES:

Any 1-3 game downtown/strip could have some guy playing to cover his nut,or even more then 1. If you think you can go to some room with more tourists, don't you think the local shark knows where the fish swim?


Sure, the sharks know where the fish swim... on the strip (particularly at the properties I mentioned) there will be a much higher ratio of recreational to serious players (read softer games).

Also, one (or even two) experienced players at our table won't hurt us... we simply won't play against them.

We need to avoid games where our competition plays every day, they all know each other, and we are a new face. We need to avoid the properties that cater to locals.


quote
Goldfisch send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Goldfisch
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 661
Location: Texas
#7
Posted: 7/8/2011 2:16:58 AM
Mr. Glue
 Thank you again and I will let you know how I do. Do you play in Vegas often? 
quote
Jelax
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Jelax
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2310
Location: United States
#8
Posted: 7/8/2011 6:16:08 AM
Gold - how long you going to be there?  I'm headed out on 14 in the afternoon and will surely be looking for a good poker game.
quote
Goldfisch send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Goldfisch
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 661
Location: Texas
#9
Posted: 7/8/2011 12:33:49 PM
jelax, I will be there the 11th -13th. I had to cram it in before I have to go back to work. Is the 14th locked in for you or could you make it there earlier. I say that because if we hit a place that has a bad beat jackpot I like to go and play different tables with the agreement that we will split the bb if one of us hits it. 

quote
chef702 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
chef702
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1732
Location: China
#10
Posted: 7/8/2011 3:18:03 PM

Agree with MrGlue,

Going to Green Valley Ranch I would see the same players day after day and would also see them at Sunset station.  Ballys, Luxor and Alladin get a nice touristy crowd.

MGM has daily tourneys.  It might be worth it to wait for all the suckers steaming from getting knocked out of the tourney.

Stay far, far away from the Orleans.

quote
MrGlue send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Station |
MrGlue
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 245
Location: Nevada
#11
Posted: 7/8/2011 3:57:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Goldfisch:

Mr. Glue
 Thank you again and I will let you know how I do. Do you play in Vegas often? 


2-3 times per week

Mostly cash but I try to play at least one tourney.
quote
ogmike send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ogmike
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2896
Location: Texas
#12
Posted: 7/8/2011 7:16:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by chef702:

Agree with MrGlue,

Going to Green Valley Ranch I would see the same players day after day and would also see them at Sunset station.  Ballys, Luxor and Alladin get a nice touristy crowd.

MGM has daily tourneys.  It might be worth it to wait for all the suckers steaming from getting knocked out of the tourney.

Stay far, far away from the Orleans.



I'm assuming it's been awhile since you've been to Vegas.  Aladdin has been Planet Hollywood for some years now.


quote
Goldfisch send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Goldfisch
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 661
Location: Texas
#13
Posted: 7/8/2011 7:44:30 PM
mr glue. I play cash only but I was going to play one tourney for the hell of it. Just moved up and going on the 10th I couldnt take the wait. Staying 3 nights now. 
 Chef thanks for the heads up , I will most likely take your advice on the MGM games and stay away from the Orleans. 

quote
chef702 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
chef702
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1732
Location: China
#14
Posted: 7/8/2011 9:47:20 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ogmike:



I'm assuming it's been awhile since you've been to Vegas.  Aladdin has been Planet Hollywood for some years now.


LOL...I knew that.  Even stayed in the Sly Stallone room.  Sorry

quote
VegasGenius send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
VegasGenius
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 94
Location:
#15
Posted: 7/9/2011 5:35:41 AM
I prefer to sit at a table with locals, 99% of them are just nitty rocks.
quote
Jelax
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Jelax
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2310
Location: United States
#16
Posted: 7/9/2011 7:25:27 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Goldfisch:

jelax, I will be there the 11th -13th. I had to cram it in before I have to go back to work. Is the 14th locked in for you or could you make it there earlier. I say that because if we hit a place that has a bad beat jackpot I like to go and play different tables with the agreement that we will split the bb if one of us hits it. 

Unfortunately I'm locked in.  Best of luck out there

quote
Forum Index : Las Vegas : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.